PDA

View Full Version : Wish list for Epic level quests

Aussieee
10-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Pls give your suggestions for which quest/raid you would like to see on Epic level and why.
1. Tempest Spine -has aways been a blast.
2. Invaders-there is nothing like fighting a bunch of beholders and renders with no buffs :D
3.Church and the cult-this quest can be a pain....with the wrong people at low levels so bring it on!
4.CO6-awesome chain and brings back so many good memories.
5.Desert Caravan-cause there was no other quest like this one when it first came out. Later on just was ....a drag and very boring. If they can make epic how it used to be ecsiting and fun pls go for it!!!
6. Gianthold-just cause its fun.
7. I woudn't mind to see VON as well if they can make Velah a bit more fun, insteand of beating on a mob for 1-10 min depends on group and level;)

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Pls give your suggestions for which quest/raid you would like to see on Epic level and why.
1. Tempest Spine -has aways been a blast.
2. Invaders-there is nothing like fighting a bunch of beholders and renders with no buffs :D
3.Church and the cult-this quest can be a pain....with the wrong people at low levels so bring it on!
4.CO6-awesome chain and brings back so many good memories.
5.Desert Caravan-cause there was no other quest like this one when it first came out. Later on just was ....a drag and very boring. If they can make epic how it used to be ecsiting and fun pls go for it!!!

3) Church and the cult is so sad in its current form its not funny. First they should put it back to prenerf state. Then they should go off that form to create the epic version.
You forgot thernal south 3.

Lithic
10-12-2009, 01:42 AM
2 words: Epic. Pit.

Aussieee
10-12-2009, 01:42 AM
3) Church and the cult is so sad in its current form its not funny. First they should put it back to prenerf state. Then they should go off that form to create the epic version.
You forgot thernal south 3.

Haven't ran it at the actual appopriate level.....did they nerf it? That last vamp use to be a pain in the arse.

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Haven't ran it at the actual appopriate level.....did they nerf it? That last vamp use to be a pain in the arse.

Used to be is the key word...

Go run it, will make you want to cry. Takes about 5 seconds to kill him. Hes easier than some of the mobs in there now.

MrCow
10-12-2009, 01:44 AM
That last vamp use to be a pain in the arse.

Aye, when he was sporting 53 AC on hard and elite he was right up there with many of the current epic monsters. ;)

KaKa
10-12-2009, 02:41 AM
What I would love to see become epic is:

1. The Vons: bring back the 3 hour Von 3 baby!

2. Threnal: Good series, plus who doesn't want an epic retribution.

3. Delera's Tomb: Give Gygax some love.

4. The stormreach under siege update: epic invaders and BAMwould be nice, plus Epic adamantine items may be nice.

5. Titan raid and quests: Slavers and Ghola fan are great quests with some good loot to be made epic.

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 02:48 AM

Give it 2 slots.

I want my +7 silver, holy, pure good, true law, longsword. Plus whatever being epic would make it.

sirgog
10-12-2009, 06:07 AM
What I would love to see become epic is:

1. The Vons: bring back the 3 hour Von 3 baby!

3. Delera's Tomb: Give Gygax some love.

4. The stormreach under siege update: epic invaders and BAMwould be nice, plus Epic adamantine items may be nice.

5. Titan raid and quests: Slavers and Ghola fan are great quests with some good loot to be made epic.

Agree with quite a few of these.

Here's my list. These aren't in order of merit, they are in order of initial release.:

1) Tempest's Spine. Keep it to twelve players, keep it without a timer, and give it loot that's the same as the 6-player Epics not the Epic Raids, so there's an endgame quest that you know that you can run with eleven friends *regardless* of who might be on timer. (Ransack is of course another issue, but at least they aren't locked out of the quest altogether).

2) Slavers of the Shrieking Mines and Bring me the Head of Ghola-Fan. (Presumably this means the Titan raid too).

3) Dreams of Insanity. That quest is evil enough on Elite.

4) Prison of the Planes, A Cry for Help, Foundation of Discord, Trial by Fire, The Crucible, Gianthold Tor and The Reaver's Fate. Make Trial by Fire the hardest of them all, and nearly impossible to beat (just to **** with the heads of everyone that lootran it into the ground when the cap was 14). Note - this is only a partial selection of Mod 4 stuff - these are the quests I feel would translate best to Epic. Take special care to keep the dragon fights both tough and fun, like they were on Elite when the cap was 14/16.

5) *All* of Mod 5. In particular, Litany of the Dead - change the traps to be disableable on all difficulties (similar difficulty to the pre-nerf Cabal trap), but also scale them up to be truly lethal, and add some new ones. The ambush event will be a true DPS test - you will *need* to kill the undead fast, or you *will* be utterly overwhelmed.

Junts
10-12-2009, 06:09 AM
5) *All* of Mod 5. In particular, Litany of the Dead - change the traps to be disableable on all difficulties (similar difficulty to the pre-nerf Cabal trap), but also scale them up to be truly lethal, and add some new ones. The ambush event will be a true DPS test - you will *need* to kill the undead fast, or you *will* be utterly overwhelmed.

Or sneak for 3 minutes like everyone else.

MDS_Geist
10-12-2009, 06:18 AM
All of the raids should eventually get the epic treatment, but let's throw in some Harbor love also.
Give epic rogues a serious challenge with the Finding the Lost Tome and Stealthy Repossession on epic! Kobold's New Ringleader with an epic red dragon (think about Deekin from NWN- he was related to them) as the New Ringleader!
Think that the Miller, Tarrigan Rosethorn is holding out on the coin lords now? Wait until his named Iron Defender is CR 39!

Let's not forget some market love with the Catacombs on elite, you don't know the terror of being trapped in an asylum unless you're trapped in there with un-disruptable CR 35 zombies and skeleton knights!
And of course, Sharn Syndicate and Devil Assault epic. The former because it is a fun quest line and the latter as a test of endurance, commitment and possibly psychosis. :)

The possibilities are endless.

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 06:20 AM
All of the raids should eventually get the epic treatment, but let's throw in some Harbor love also.

Epic Water works and Epic Kobald assult...:eek:
I'd be in for that :D

How hard does a cr48 WW named troll hit... lmao

Gnarkill crits you despite heavy fort...you take 800 damage

sirgog
10-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Epic Water works and Epic Kobald assult...:eek:
I'd be in for that :D

How hard does a cr48 WW named troll hit... lmao

Gnarkill crits you despite heavy fort...you take 800 damage

Epic waterworks is already in game, it's called Invaders! :)

Epic Invaders, OTOH :eek:

Hendrik
10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
I would like to second, third, or whatever the call for Epic Tempest and Invaders!

Please, Epic TS!

The_Ick
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM

I love The Pit, but you are sick man... :D

Xenus_Paradox
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Gwylan's Stand, because I want a +7 Improved Roaring Screaming Thundering Thunderclap Greater Songblade* short sword.

*+5 enhancement bonus to Perform checks.

The_Ick
10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Epic waterworks is already in game, it's called Invaders! :)

Epic Invaders, OTOH :eek:

yeah, but Invaders isn't WW. I t would be cool to see WW as an epic quest with high level kobolds... Basically just as it is, but increase the level of everything.

Some of the best quest are in the harbor... Would love to see:

Butchers Path
STK
Gaurd Jungs
Durks got a secret
Tangleroot (imagine the end rewards)
Anything in GH....

ghettoGenius
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Epic Tempest Spine is a bare-fisted naked run.

Aussieee
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Epic Tempest Spine is a bare-fisted naked run.
Thats no Epic......thats a cake walk.

trptim
10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Does Epic Waterworks mean Epic Arlos?
Does Epic East Threnal 3 mean Epic Coyle?

Do both mean Epic Pain in *? :D

Aussieee
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Does Epic Waterworks mean Epic Arlos?
Does Epic East Threnal 3 mean Epic Coyle?

Do both mean Epic Pain in *? :D
O man Epic Coyle will inscrease from 200 hp to 285!!!

sirgog
10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
yeah, but Invaders isn't WW. I t would be cool to see WW as an epic quest with high level kobolds... Basically just as it is, but increase the level of everything.

Some of the best quest are in the harbor... Would love to see:

Butchers Path
STK
Gaurd Jungs
Durks got a secret
Tangleroot (imagine the end rewards)
Anything in GH....

I can just imagine the Harbormaster now.

'Uh, adventurers? We have a problem with paragon kobolds infesting the Waterworks...

Come to think about it, this *could* be quite interesting. Replace every Kobold Shaman with a Desaga wannabe, and watch the insanity...

kaelis
10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Vons, tangleroot, etc..

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
O man Epic Coyle will inscrease from 200 hp to 285!!!

Pretty sure on epic his HP go down. I mean that is what makes it epic. So if 200 normal HP make epic HP say oh yeah 1 HP. 1 hit and hes gone. :eek:

Trillea
10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Black Anvil Mines. Collecting adamantine ores for epic adamantine weapons, have the dwarves summon hezrou instead of elementals, have the duergar blackguard have unholy bursting weapons, and I want my epic Tesius!

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Honestly I wouldn't mind an epic bat trinket :P

MrCow
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I dread the day Tempest Spine goes elite... Epic Rust Monsters! :eek:

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I dread the day Tempest Spine goes elite... Epic Rust Monsters! :eek:

Epic thernal south. The old version not the nerfed one. You know the one with 10000000 ooses and rusties...

QuantumFX
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I see some people are now understanding why I want Villian replacement in the epic quests rather than the cheesy version we’re getting.

Epic Waterworks: Paragon Kobolds AND Gelatinous Cubes!

Epic Therenal: Hezeru, Gelatinous Cubes (or Living spells), Fiendish Spiders, Adamant Earth Eles, Blistering Fire Eles, etc…

Epic Tempest Spine: Subterrane Mobs + Monastery of the Scorpion mobs + Sorjek in a form more like his SoS version

Trillea
10-22-2009, 04:55 AM
How about Epic GH quests - wouldn't mind a epic Dreamspitter or Head of Good Fortune.. mmm.. +5 luck bonuses..

Zippo
10-22-2009, 05:16 AM

Meh.

Epic Deleras though, now were talking!

Spisey
10-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Purge the Heretics

Nuff Said! :D

sirgog
10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Meh.

Epic Deleras though, now were talking!

Delara's could be interesting indeed at epic. There'd need to be a compelling reason to run the optional in part 2 (perhaps the extra epic chest only opens if all seven Omarens have been slain), but I could see that chain transitioning to Epic well.

Arcane Skeletons with a Mass Harm aura... eeeeek!

FluffyCalico
10-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Delara's could be interesting indeed at epic. There'd need to be a compelling reason to run the optional in part 2 (perhaps the extra epic chest only opens if all seven Omarens have been slain), but I could see that chain transitioning to Epic well.

Arcane Skeletons with a Mass Harm aura... eeeeek!

But we already have an epic undead area. IMO the next area should be alive so we can make it full dead.

sirgog
10-22-2009, 06:36 AM
But we already have an epic undead area. IMO the next area should be alive so we can make it full dead.

The Desert doesn't have that much of an undead infestation. Just one of the five epic quests has undead, and they are about half of that quest.

10% undead isn't reason to avoid Delara's (although I'd probably hold off on it a tad myself b/c I feel other areas could do with the epic treatment first)

FluffyCalico
10-22-2009, 06:38 AM
The Desert doesn't have that much of an undead infestation. Just one of the five epic quests has undead, and they are about half of that quest.

10% undead isn't reason to avoid Delara's (although I'd probably hold off on it a tad myself b/c I feel other areas could do with the epic treatment first)

I would like to see VON 1-6 because its a chain and a double raid. Plus 7 epic beholders in a pack ftw...

Also WW and kobald assult.

Denethen_Longstaff
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Update to Fiendish Trogs. Massive muck hit points.

Maybe a few random anti-gravity/spear traps to spice things up!

The electric room would be entertaining.

Let the good times roll!

Muckdoom becomes a greater muck bane, plus muck slayer! That Avatar at epic level would be incredible.

Graypaws
10-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Epic Fanning the Flames?

mattysix
10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
durks, butchers and ww, replace all oozes with cubes, or the pit, with 50% ooze, 50% cubes:D avatar is now a cube and the previously mentioned mucksdoom

moops
10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Tempest SPine
Gianthold
Stormcleave
Delerias

Tallyn
10-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Epic Kobold Assault. Every Kobold is a Paragon. Warriors with Vorpals, rogue types with Assassin III and Wounding/Puncturing, and Casters with Greater Dispel, Implosion, Meteor Swarm, Energy Drain, etc...

wemery73
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=Aussieee;2478525]
QUOTE]

gianthold!!!