PDA

View Full Version : Chains of Flame - Epic - Monday 8PM EST

Shade
10-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, I wanna give chains of flame a run on epic mode. No ugly undead this time, lotsa critable mobs.. Should be fun.

Hopefully we can get a full group together. The time is flexible if people need to start later or earlier, leme know. I can run it anytime between 6-10 PM EST.

Requirements: You have to be level20 (game requirement no way around this)
Commonsense requirements: Have at least 1 hour to dedicate to it, probably 2+ hrs tho based on how raiyum was. Be ready with lots of supplies too, tho I have lots of plat and will help with scrolls.

Reserve your spot here. If we get more then 6 people, maybe we should do the DQ raid instead. Tho all would need to be flagged as well, so try to be flagged for DQ as well if you can (can flag on normal solo pretty easy at lvl20)
Roster:
Axer - Pure Barbarian (Tho I also have lvl20 sorcerer available)
Annonymous - Pure Ranger (via pm)
Cleanup - Cleric
????
????
????

Ideal Party:
3 max dps, max gear, epic melee
1 going pure DPS
1 working on destruction + improved destruction
1 with special weapons (radiance ideally to blind, w/p rapier might work, etc)
halfling lvl20 warchanter with heroes companion for more dps buff
Top notch tough healer - cleric or favored soul with max scroll mastery and max healing abilities.. And enough hitpoints to hangle heavy aoe damage.
Strong sorcerer with extend ottos irresistable dance (top spell here), a good asortment of debuff spells for the bosses, and strong self healing

This is just an ideal tho. I will take anyone willing to go. First come first serve.

Dragon.Star
10-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Count me in Shade with Cleanup, I will have plenty of time. :)

Shade
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Updated roster, 3 spots left.

Shade
10-12-2009, 07:09 PM
LFM up..2/6. any lvl20s around tonight that wanna test it?

Shade
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Thx to those who came.. Was fun.

Got pretty far and was going smooth when we eventually got a full group.. But we ran into a bug halting our progress =/

We used bluff on the ogre cook, which saves the slave and gets you the treasure room key, but then you have to fight the cook. They made him red named and fairly mean, but as often happens with new/updated mobs - he doesn't have the key needed to complete the quest. He dies, the DM says something about a key dropping, but theres no key.

There is another way to get it tho.. Use diplomacy and he should give you it.

We will try again tomorow night, same time. 8PM EST.

New Roster (said they probably will be there)
Axer - Barbarian
Giott - Barbarian
Cleanup - Cleric
Dionysis - 20 Sorc

Gona need someone with enough diplomacy.

Did find out how to get the scrolls at least.. The monsters drop them randomly. We found 4 scrolls. Seems to be a decent droprate, 5% or so.

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Did find out how to get the scrolls at least.. The monsters drop them randomly. We found 4 scrolls. Seems to be a decent droprate, 5% or so.

But do they drop for everyone, for 1 person randomly, or the first to click loot?

Auran82
10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Which timezone are you in, lol.

What time is it now (to get an idea when 8pm your time is to me)

FluffyCalico
10-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Which timezone are you in, lol.

What time is it now (to get an idea when 8pm your time is to me)

It's currently 12:40AM EST-so you wanted 4 hrs and 40 min ago

Auran82
10-12-2009, 11:44 PM
In that case I should be able to be on tomorrow at 8pm your time, lol.

Dionysis - 20 Sorc.

Shade
10-13-2009, 12:29 AM
In that case I should be able to be on tomorrow at 8pm your time, lol.

Dionysis - 20 Sorc.

It's actaully not my timezone, but eastern standard time seems to be turbine time and something most ppl get so i use it.

Added u to the roster.

Pls swap in for Ottos irresistable dance if you haven't already got it, best spell there.

Vahyor
10-13-2009, 01:06 AM
I might be able to join if I can get to 20 before you start on my rogue... dual radiance II and what should be enough diplo if you still need someone. I'm a bit less than half way through 19 atm so it'll depend how bothered I can be to grind the rest of the way.

KaKa
10-13-2009, 01:24 AM
But do they drop for everyone, for 1 person randomly, or the first to click loot?

It's first to click the loot.

FluffyCalico
10-13-2009, 01:26 AM
It's first to click the loot.

Very lame, creates a zerg wipe trying to loot instead of fight and loot arguments and all kinds of things that noone wants in their groups.

Shade
10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
I don't mind the monster drop.. Something diferent.

And yea some idiots might ninja them. But theres a simple solution for them, /squelch.

Realisticly, the mode is difficult enough that your not gona be attempting it on live with people you don't know that might do something so lame.

Just simply decide who gets the scrolls beforehand.

They are also tradable and common enough that I imagine won't be an issue. Getting to the end chest for the other 2 parts needed, which bind.. Will be a much bigger issue.

I'd worry about getting the first 2 parts that bind and item u want before the scrolls at all, as they should be easily tradable for.

FluffyCalico
10-13-2009, 02:23 AM
Yeah I am just worried about getting the moron for the last spot who just wants to drop everything on the AH. Since I doubt epic scales people are going to want full groups.

As you pointed out they don't bind which will make them want these all the more when they can't use them.

But it's good to know that by the time you have the other parts that the scroll will be the least of your worries.

Shade
10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Not much interest in this tonight I guess. Perhaps another time after the next patch.