PDA

View Full Version : I'm a noob to Cannith....

ariel7
10-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm a noob to Cannith so I ask...can a player pay to transfer a character to that server? Is it as active as other servers? How are lfms and such since it's dedicated to p2p players?

xanvar
10-11-2009, 10:47 PM
As far as I know there is no paid transfers to Cannith. There is alot of activity on the server though especially at lower levels.

Gum
10-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm a noob to Cannith so I ask...can a player pay to transfer a character to that server? Is it as active as other servers? How are lfms and such since it's dedicated to p2p players?

Hjello,

No, at this time character transfers are not allowed. As I first discovered Cannith, and made my new home here, I argued against having it off limits, but now I appreciate and agree it should be off limits to transfer any characters from other servers here. Everything is shiny and new, and in joining Cannith, you get to shape in real time the overall feel of the community. Allowing transfers would take away from the newness and bling of this Eberron beauty. As to if they will ever allow them is up for speculation at this point.

Cannith is very active in my opinion. I originally played on Argo, and I would say it's just as busy at medium levels, busier at lower levels, and slower at higher levels; although I have noticed a busier trend towards end game in the past three weeks, which will of course improve as we all evolve to our current climax.

Lfms are abundant and as mixed as deer sausage in a double grinded meat hopper. Furthermore, I would say from my experience, the mix of p2p and f2p are mingling at a very mature level, and I'm noticing more and more f2ps going p2p. Just last night one of our guild members took the plunge for p2p. Needless to say, they were mucho excited! Hope that helps, and hope to see you in Cannith...Gum

moomooprincess
10-12-2009, 07:24 AM
I did not venture into the harbor.

A few LFMs, but most players are too lazy to do LFMs, they just post in GENERAL CHAT "lvl 8 Cleric looking for adventure." There are about ten of those every second it seems.

There are LOTS of low level groups running all of the time.

So, you have two choices look in LFM or look in General Chat for a group or a player.

Then send out blind invites to all the players that post in general that they ar looking for a group.

Then, if you do invite a general chat player they are more than likely to be a F2P player and cannot run the quest. Like STK.

Since I do not know what all the F2P quests are I gave up sending invites to other players and just run them by myself. Turbine should put a F2P and a P2P by the quests so he veteran players do not have to figure it out.

Gum
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I did not venture into the harbor.

A few LFMs, but most players are too lazy to do LFMs, they just post in GENERAL CHAT "lvl 8 Cleric looking for adventure." There are about ten of those every second it seems.

There are LOTS of low level groups running all of the time.

So, you have two choices look in LFM or look in General Chat for a group or a player.

Then send out blind invites to all the players that post in general that they ar looking for a group.

Then, if you do invite a general chat player they are more than likely to be a F2P player and cannot run the quest. Like STK.

Since I do not know what all the F2P quests are I gave up sending invites to other players and just run them by myself. Turbine should put a F2P and a P2P by the quests so he veteran players do not have to figure it out.

I've just adjusted by putting *Must be p2p or have purchased this adventure pack* in the lfm panel. This seems to work really well, and clears up any confusion. I'm actually impressed with the amount of research the f2p have done on which quest are f2p and which are p2p.

Dozen_Black_Roses
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey Sev,

Nope no toon transfers. And we like it like that. Means alot more when you beat the shroud and your still wearing stat 4 items or whatever it is we have to do to get by without twinking. Lot of that evening out now that we have highbies and getting alot more loot, but you get the picture. Feel free to say hi when you're on....Im either on Blohnde or Gaelsong. You might see quite a few familiar faces if you look hard enough. ;)

There are lfms, there are also alot of f2p players that clog up gen chat instead of using the lfm panel. But at whatever level, I found at all times of day there are groups to be had. The smallest amount of players are at the highest levels. We all know each other pretty much at that end of the spectrum.

Suzee

ToyVIP
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey blohnde *wave*

Hioctane

ariel7
10-16-2009, 02:04 AM

Lfms are abundant and as mixed as deer sausage in a double grinded meat hopper. Furthermore, I would say from my experience, the mix of p2p and f2p are mingling at a very mature level, and I'm noticing more and more f2ps going p2p. Just last night one of our guild members took the plunge for p2p. Needless to say, they were mucho excited! Hope that helps, and hope to see you in Cannith...Gum

WHAT? I thought no free to play were allows? Sorry for parsing.

re: Everyone. Reading through here everyone seems so nice and friendly. I'm rolling a character up on Cannith to check it out.

Uska
10-16-2009, 04:22 AM
I no longer see the point in not allowing transfers to Cannith since we now have cap'd 32pt builds even(no I dont want to transfer) was sad to see that happen on the new server but power gamers need to have their fun to.

Ivahoe
10-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I no longer see the point in not allowing transfers to Cannith since we now have cap'd 32pt builds even(no I dont want to transfer) was sad to see that happen on the new server but power gamers need to have their fun to.

The highest known 32pt build on the server right now is 17.4 and level holding. The 20 community is still extremely small and tight knit

Quikster
10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Two very casual nights on Cannith and I see lots of lfms from lvl 1-10. They start to pitter out after that a little. Lots of peeps though. I will casually be leveling over here so you wont see me in any raids soon, but eventually.

Dozen_Black_Roses
10-18-2009, 09:34 AM
The highest known 32pt build on the server right now is 17.4 and level holding. The 20 community is still extremely small and tight knit

Two very casual nights on Cannith and I see lots of lfms from lvl 1-10. They start to pitter out after that a little. Lots of peeps though. I will casually be leveling over here so you wont see me in any raids soon, but eventually.

As Ivahoe stated, upper level community is small and tight nit, we know eachothers lowbie alts and generally run together, therefore limiting the need for lfm's outside of tells and chat channels. Which is not to say they do not go up, but I think alot less so than on other servers. Even when you form a group with lfm, I think the groups tend to last alot longer together, running several quests before disbanding.

Quikster
10-18-2009, 10:49 AM
As Ivahoe stated, upper level community is small and tight nit, we know eachothers lowbie alts and generally run together, therefore limiting the need for lfm's outside of tells and chat channels. Which is not to say they do not go up, but I think alot less so than on other servers. Even when you form a group with lfm, I think the groups tend to last alot longer together, running several quests before disbanding.

Sweet. Well the alts I PM'd you are part of a "static group" of friends from sarlona. I rolled up two more yesterday and will prolly be leveling them a little faster as time allows.

Quikster~WF'd sorc around 3ish I think
Quiktunes~Halfling bard/ftr (also around 3ish)

so if you're scumming around in that level range let me know, although I usually solo alts till around lvl 6ish.