PDA

View Full Version : Using Stone of Change (for BW bracers)

RS-Makk
10-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi

I have a pair of Black Widow Braces I want to put in the Stone of Change and essentially make them +5 braces. But, I tried and I cant seem to make it work. I definitely have enough materials, but not sure how to go ahead and do this.

Thanks

Visty
10-11-2009, 12:40 PM
you cant make them +5 bracers

Qzipoun
10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi

I have a pair of Black Widow Braces I want to put in the Stone of Change and essentially make them +5 braces. But, I tried and I cant seem to make it work. I definitely have enough materials, but not sure how to go ahead and do this.

Thanks

Assuming you are trying to do the +1 AC ritual (guessing by the "essentially" in your phrasing) you'll need to apply that on a Shield or Armor. While the bracers give armor bonus, they are not in an actual armor slot. Just use the ritual on your robe/outfit/armor (might want to wait until you get ones you'll keep for sure, ie Icy Rainment :) ).

RS-Makk
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks!

(I'll wait until I have myself a robe I want to hang onto - Icy Rainment or White Dragonscale Robe)

I'm still a lowish level (5), what level are the quests for icy rainment and/or the white dragonscale robe?

Visty
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks!

(I'll wait until I have myself a robe I want to hang onto - Icy Rainment or White Dragonscale Robe)

I'm still a lowish level (5), what level are the quests for icy rainment and/or the white dragonscale robe?

the dragonscales you get from gianthold tor, which you cant enter befor lvl10 and have odne the 3 big quests in ruins of gianthold. so prolly about lvl12

icy drops in the subterran, a highlvl raid area, though if you find a bunch of nice ppl where you can leech away, you might get one befor highlvl
a guildy got his at lvl8 even though its a minlvl12 outfit

RS-Makk
10-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks.

Another question - I just went out selling collectibles I had acquired and by mistake hit 'take whatever you want' on the dude that happens to want the vials (I am quite upset right now) - and of course he went ahead and took my vials of pure water (very very upset). So.. what's the best place to get them? meaning, shortest quest that'll get you a vial of pure water... so I can replace them. Then I am putting them in the bank until I am ready (only thing they are needed for is the adding +1 to an armor item?)

Sirea
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
the dragonscales you get from gianthold tor, which you cant enter befor lvl10 and have odne the 3 big quests in ruins of gianthold. so prolly about lvl12

icy drops in the subterran, a highlvl raid area, though if you find a bunch of nice ppl where you can leech away, you might get one befor highlvl
a guildy got his at lvl8 even though its a minlvl12 outfit

Icy Raiments are actually level 14 /nitpick

Vormaerin
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
There is no official place to get Vials of Pure Water. They drop from various collectible locales in harbor quests and sometimes in marketplace quests.

rawzon3
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
This thread may help some with collectible hunting.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251

RS-Makk
10-12-2009, 06:57 AM
The AC bonus from the stone of change - what type is it?

Also, the 4 AC from the Black Widow Bracers, what type is that?

Visty
10-12-2009, 06:59 AM

stone is alchemical dodge bonus
bracers is armor bonus

Arianrhod
10-12-2009, 07:00 AM

The 4 AC from BW bracers is an Armor bonus (just like the Mage Armor spell). It doesn't stack with armor, or the built-in armor bonus Warforged characters get from their composite plating.

Mercules
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
The 4 AC from BW bracers is an Armor bonus (just like the Mage Armor spell). It doesn't stack with armor, or the built-in armor bonus Warforged characters get from their composite plating.

Which means Warforged might as well just pick up a +2 docent to gain the same effect and just up the docent +X as they grow if AC is a concern for them.