PDA

View Full Version : greater reincarnation and alignment

Mystic511
10-11-2009, 12:34 PM
From what I read, you must take the same levels in the same order if you lesser/greater reincarnate. If that's the case, why can't alignment be changed? If the system already knows the character's classes and progression, then why can't it figure out what alignments are available for selection based on that?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-12-2009, 09:37 AM
From what I read, you must take the same levels in the same order if you lesser/greater reincarnate. If that's the case, why can't alignment be changed? If the system already knows the character's classes and progression, then why can't it figure out what alignments are available for selection based on that?

Sensible question. It would be pretty simple to check the list of classes, find out only those alignments allowed, and then give the player the choice of picking from that list as the first task in relevelling.

RTN
10-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I'd love to be able to switch alignment with a greater reincarnation. It makes sense with the other respec capabilities of GR and less sense with those of TR.

Mystic511
10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
My only argument is that the reason for a reincarnation is to address things you might "regret" while you created your char.

Instead of restarting, reincarnation is suppose to allow you to keep your time investment and re-adjust:

Ability scores
Skill points
Feats
Enhancements

Why not alignment? I can see that as a "regret", especially for newer players who picked alignments without fully understanding all the pros and cons of their alignment choice (cough, me). See my original post for why it doesn't seem technically unreasonable to ask for this. :)

Arctigis
10-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Indeed. I would like to know as well why this is considered 'harder' when it seems trivial. How have they
implemented alignment to make this hard?