PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems with my Lamannia beta character

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 10:07 AM
First -- my character is stuck in Reaver's Refuge. I need to get him out of there, and back to Marketplace. Anyone able to help me out there? I tried flying to the exit, but the exit seems to now be blocked by a blue shield type thingee.

Second -- my keymapping and most other settings from the live game have suddenly moved to the beta game (even though they are completely seperated, otherwise) .. so, I presume that they are using the same settings data. This is really bad, considering that I have completely changed the way I play between beta and now. Also, does this mean that keymappings are not dependent on character? because that's a bit on the really bad side, if keymappings are independent of character, then what's the point of adding new keymappings ?

Visty
10-11-2009, 10:14 AM
First -- my character is stuck in Reaver's Refuge. I need to get him out of there, and back to Marketplace. Anyone able to help me out there? I tried flying to the exit, but the exit seems to now be blocked by a blue shield type thingee.
did you fly into the shield?
as that is there all the time

Junts
10-11-2009, 10:17 AM

Second -- my keymapping and most other settings from the live game have suddenly moved to the beta game (even though they are completely seperated, otherwise) .. so, I presume that they are using the same settings data. This is really bad, considering that I have completely changed the way I play between beta and now. Also, does this mean that keymappings are not dependent on character? because that's a bit on the really bad side, if keymappings are independent of character, then what's the point of adding new keymappings ?

Key bindings are not character-dependent, they are not even account dependent, they are saved with the copy of your client .. anyone who logs in with your computer will have your keymap settings.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Key bindings are not character-dependent, they are not even account dependent, they are saved with the copy of your client .. anyone who logs in with your computer will have your keymap settings.

are you serious? that is terrible. *takes that to the suggestions board*

re: stuck in refuge ..

hm. OK, well, I guess I'll give it a shot again. Although my live character is almost to the same point where my beta character was.. which i guess means i've been spending way too much time in this game :D