PDA

View Full Version : having hard time finding traps( just splashed rouge on my pally)

jackula13
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
i need help with being a rouge. and some advice on finding traps too

Falco_Easts
10-11-2009, 10:11 PM
If you splashed rogue after lvl 1 you probably haven't had time to max your skills yet. This will make a huge difference. Each level up max out Spot, Search, Disable and Open Lock. Until then, find items with the best + to these skills as possible.

Rickpa
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Splashing red makeup on your pally won't help you find traps.

Ithrani
01-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Splashing red makeup on your pally won't help you find traps.

Though on those lonely Friday nights it may help your pally find some action. :D

KKDragonLord
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
1st: its spelled Rogue, not rouge, Rouge splashing is something completely unrelated to Trap skills.... (although admiral Ackbar might disagree on a drunk lonely night)
My advice.

Having trap skills as a splashed pally is not easy and not rewarding, as in most groups people will ignore your abilities. You will need a score of at least 14 Int (13+1tome works) and you must spend points exclusively on Search and Disable. If you choose Human you will have points left to put in Open lock.

Get a second rogue level after 7 pally levels to maximize your class points (this is case by case scenario)
Scour All Instances of the Marketplace for better Search/Disable equipment.

Use pots for increasing Dex and Int, or clikies, or house P buffs, until you are at level to get permanent equipment.

Buy +5 Rogue tools at the AH, or save them on a high level character.

Play a rogue first to learn all trap locations and not need spot to find them

In elite high level content you will need all the help you can get from Very hard to grind for equipment.
Including collectable pots, farm these and store them

Hold on to the Troubleshooter Set from Korthos, for one day it might be fixed and the Set bonus will stack.

I think thats all i did on my rogue/pally...

In the end you will realize that unless you are with a guildies or are the group leader, it will be very hard for people to understand that you can do traps.

Thats justified because its much better to invest in UMD and use those Stat points in the other abilities Pallys need so much (Str,Dex,Con,Cha)

Ranger/rogues and even Barbarian/rogues have Class skill points to invest, while Pallys do not.

honkuimushi
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Your best solution is to reroll, taking Rogue first. It's also worth noting that Paladins and trap Rogues do not often mix. The Paladin's 2 skill points per level make it almost impossible to keep your skills maxed. Splashing 2-6 levels with the rest Rogue or Ranger and Rogue can work. Alternatively, splashing 2 levels of Rogue onto 18 levels of Paladin works as well. But in that case you're mostly taking it for UMD,Open Locks and Evasion. Some of the other skills like Haggle, Jump, Balance, Tumble and Intimidate can be nice too. Still, even then you should take Rogue at first level.

krud
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
anyone interested in handling traps needs to read this guide
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1664858#post1664858

Riggs
01-28-2010, 06:20 PM
anyone interested in handling traps needs to read this guide
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1664858#post1664858

And maybe you should add;

This is posted in the Lamannia marketplace - not say - a Rogue forum, class, or user guide, or anything related to the actual question. And if you cant spell it - you shouldnt be multiclassing into it (the correct spelling will be there - ON YOUR CHARACTER SHEET)

Read first - then start asking questions.

captain1z
01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
i need help with being a rouge. and some advice on finding traps too

There is not enough info here to help you.

What race did you choose?
What armor do you wear?
What are you primary stats, with an without equipment?
What level are you?

At what level did you take you first rogue level?

All these questions will give a better idea of what may help you. From your post all one can assume is you had a paladin then took a rogue level. Of that everyone will say you should have taken the rogue level 1st but other than that we would have to also ask:

- Why did you take a rogue level?
- How many rogue levels did you plan on taking?

Answer those questions and I think you will get more complete options.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
/chuckles

You know you are all giving advice on a 3 month old necro thread right?

captain1z
01-29-2010, 07:05 PM
/chuckles

/groan

insert star trek facepalm here

Dylos_Moon
01-29-2010, 07:08 PM
/chuckles

and on someone who posted that they multiclassed on lamannia and needed help, I think the first piece of advice they would need would be to be directed to the live servers.

Talon_Moonshadow
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Max out your search skill

get an item to buff it. Like Goggles of Minute Seeing +15. (or as high as you can get at your level.)

Raise your Intelligence. Int Tomes. +6 Int item. Or potions of Fox's Cuning at low levels.

Carry potions of Heroism. Adds + 2 to skills.

If you have the UMD skill, buy scrolls of Find Traps and Greater Heroism if you can use those.

Do Delara's quest and get the Voice of the Master as your end reward. It adds a +1 Luck bonus to skills. So does the Prayer Spell, which can also be UMDed from scrolls.

If Human, take the Human Versitility enhancments. Or what ever Rogue skill boost enhancments you can get.

Ask a Bard to sing for you.

That's about it.

Edit: Doh!!!
Well, it's good advice no matter how old it is.

iamsamoth0
06-15-2010, 07:44 AM
was the trap. What they meant to spell was ruse this is a ruse...:rolleyes:

altagar
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Just checking, how many levels is your splash? It takes 4 to get trapmaking which includes the comment that you will get trap parts on disable.

Dylos_Moon
06-18-2010, 11:49 PM
>.>
<.<

Why do people keep responding to this thread?
It never even belonged in a marketplace thread in the first place.
Why does lamannia even have a marketplace thread to begin with?