PDA

View Full Version : Lowbie Adventure Packs?

Osco
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
From when I played a long time ago, I remember STK being a must-do series. With Adventure Packs on sale, I was wondering if I should get STK at 285 TPs. Also, Tanglefoot Gorge is only 200TP. Is that a good buy/recommended series? Or, should I stick to the F2P stuff for now, and just wait for level 10+?

I'm soloing with a level 4 cleric (1barb/3cleric) or level 3 sorc when I can't find a group.

Revord
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Definitely get both if you can. I just finished both soloing with my monk, and it was not only a blast, but profitable both xp and loot wise. STK is a pretty short questline that shouldnt take too long to get through, even if you make sure you hit all the objectives. Tangleroot is much longer. You will get a lot of quality playtime with that.

Osco
10-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Oops, look like I made a mistake. It's Sharn Syndicate that's 280pts. Tanglefoot is 358 pts.

Also, I just ran through Cerulean Hills for the first time, and had a blast! Scored 4 of the rares, all but 2 of the 14 explores, and soloed the Captives quest. Probably the most fun I've had in any game in a week, and a high point so far of my return to the game.

Noonie
10-15-2009, 12:57 AM
this thread gives a nice breakdown of all the Adventure Packs. I know it sure helped me decide on which to buy..

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=199945

Uska
10-15-2009, 01:01 AM
I would say the first 4 I would buy if I wasnt VIP would be

1. STK

2. Deleras(who can pass up the Voice of the master?)

3. Tangleroot

4. gianthold

be pretty nice if you could squeeze in sorrowdusk as well

treehugger20
10-21-2009, 08:43 AM
im really liking the sharn.. that was great fun

tangleroot, its harder, havent done much but looks great

the catacombs were fun, kinda short but great for undead smashing.

3 barrel, love this island, tons to explore and some great quest.. a must for any pirate fan

Osco
10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm hoping Delera's goes on sale for Halloween, so I can afford it. It's leading in the poll so far!