PDA

View Full Version : Trial Weekends

ZeroTakenaka
10-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I had an idea just before I woke up...

We have something called Trial Weekends which give F2P every weekend free access to one low lvl adv pack, one mid lvl, and one high lvl.

This can allow some to get a taste of what some of the adv. packs have to offer and allow them to make better decisions on what to get.

More money for Turbine = more stuff... and pushing the day the servers will get taken down further away(which won't be any time soon but the day will come)

Comment and ways to improve the suggestion please.

EDIT: On second thought, this would be a lot of coding to do every weekend...

vainangel
10-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Only way that would work is if it were a limited access.
[IE]
First of the Chain in Delearas ONLY.
30 Min in the Sands with no quest access.
One of the 3 main quests in Gianthold with 30 min slayer timer.

anything more than that and nobody would pay for the packs, they would just wait for your free weekend...

Kistilan
10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
I had an idea just before I woke up...

Wait wait wait.... Are you tellng us you had a dream? :D

Turbine doesn't make dreams -- they make fantasies. Fantasies that cost $$. :o

You know, that hot blonde you see every time you go to your favorite eatery? That's a fantasy -- it's gonna cost money.

Dreams are free. :p

Nyvn
10-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Hmm with some tweaks this could work out.

Letrii
10-10-2009, 08:04 AM
[IE]

anything more than that and nobody would pay for the packs, they would just wait for your free weekend...

/agree

ZeroTakenaka
10-10-2009, 08:13 AM
[IE]

Nice suggestion... =3

sirgog
10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I suggested this with a different implementation before.

You'd allow access to the public zones, explorer areas, and to one carefully chosen quest on Normal difficulty only.

For example, if it's Gianthold weekend, you'd get to visit Gianthold town, the Ruins of Gianthold, and normal difficulty only for the Crucible (I feel that quest shows off the pack best; but Prison of the Planes or Foundation of Discord or Cabal for One or Feast or Famine would all work too).

At the same time, Turbine could make the pack 20% off and bundle a non-uber but reasonably good item for the area with it (example: if you buy Gianthold, you get a binds-to-account +2 light mace of Greater Giant Bane; were it the Vale of Twilight you'd instead get a +4 silver of pure good dagger).