PDA

View Full Version : Lesser/Greater Reincarnation and Spells

Mordoth1
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Reading through the info on the Lesser/Greater Reincarnation, I see that it allows you to reallocate stat points, feats, enhancements, etc and that you have to remain the same class, and it mentions redoing your spell selections. What I didn't see is what happens to the old spells that you already put in your spell book, aka inscribed, as a wizard? I have spent a fair amount of coin on scrolls to inscribe them into my spell book. So I'm wondering if all the spells you had scribed in your spell book are erased and you will end up with only the spells you choose as you go through the reincarnation process?

I personally like this system of reincarnation for respeccing, especially being able to do the greater reincarnation and upgrade your favorite character to a 32-pt build. This isn't something I would have thought of, which just goes to show why I'm not in game development...lol.

Ras
10-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, if I choose to a true reincarnate do I loose all the spells I have already in my spell book? I would say I would, which does stink.

Mordoth1
10-10-2009, 04:39 PM
With True Reincarnation, it makes sense to lose your spells since you are supposedly starting over from scratch and can change your race and class, etc.

I was wondering if you lost your spell book in the case of the Greater and Lesser reincarnation since you have to follow the same class and level progression.

ThrasherGT
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
With True Reincarnation, it makes sense to lose your spells since you are supposedly starting over from scratch and can change your race and class, etc.

I was wondering if you lost your spell book in the case of the Greater and Lesser reincarnation since you have to follow the same class and level progression.

I have a feeling that inscribed spells will fall into the "Items and gear" catagory...........(I hope)

Mordoth1
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Maybe we will get some kind of response on this from a Dev or someone in the know.