PDA

View Full Version : Any new Monsters?

Naash
10-09-2009, 05:15 PM
.....or do we fight PURPLE Troglodytes this Mod?

MDS_Geist
10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
You'll be fighting quori (creatures from the plane of dreams) and the inspired (the vessels they inhabit).

WeaselKing
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, we are now being moderated by the dreamy cube. Does that count? Oh, wait thats kind of like a purple trog. :P

MrCow
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
New monsters (using old models with new meshes):

Dream Render
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00018-1.jpg
Dream Scourge
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00013-1.jpg
Dream Stealer
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00012-1.jpg

ArkoHighStar
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
yes the creatures are variations on other models but they are changed enough that they have their own unique look, and do not look like simple reskins

Shandi
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
holy **** dream renders look amazing...

MrCow
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM
holy <expletive> dream renders look amazing...

I agree. I was quite impressed when I first saw them.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Double True Reincarnated halflings pretty much *need* to be Super Ego sized.

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Double True Reincarnated halflings pretty much *need* to be Super Ego sized.

/signed

Aerniel
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
can we see those pictures bigger please?

MrCow
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
can we see those pictures bigger please?

I'm leaving the pictures as-is for various reasons, including:

Relative size of creatures to one another
Not making pictures to the size where things get pixelated/distorted
They are relatively visible enough currently
Sloth

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Sloth

so, are you MrSloth now?

Shandi
10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I agree. I was quite impressed when I first saw them.

LOL! i didnt actually use a real expletive (it was the word craps, like the dice game :) but without the s) just but im gonna start doing <expletive> now instead of letting it go like that beacuse that sjust funny

Man I cannot wait to get in there and see these monsters for myself

Naash
10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
yes the creatures are variations on other models but they are changed enough that they have their own unique look, and do not look like simple reskins

IMHO a different colored Flesh Render,Quell and a Wraith qualify as a "purple troglodyte".
To me they dont look different enough for people to remember their names,on live they will be referred as a Render,Quell-thing and a Wraith.
I would have preferred a reskin on the order of a Bearded Devil/Sahaugin effort as these critters are supposed to be from the plane of dreams so one would think there would be some crazy stuff in there.

I guess I'm disappointed from all the hype on the Succubus,months of seeing her on the website/forums and splash screens and she only appears in one quest.

Coldin
10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, they are reskins of other monsters, but they're pretty darn impressive reskins. I think some of the new monsters have glow mapping on them too. I'm not going to complain too much if we can get 3 new monsters, instead of just one.

Though, they should use that succubus to make some other monsters. :)

SableShadow
10-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Not so much purple trogs as purple trogs with iridescent scales and gold highlights.

A mob is a mob is a mob but these look pretty damn amazing...doesn't carry through in screenies very well. Even the quori spiders got a well earned face lift.

MrCow
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Though, they should use that succubus to make some other monsters.

Just what Update 1 needs, some dream seductresses. :p

Junts
10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
IMHO a different colored Flesh Render,Quell and a Wraith qualify as a "purple troglodyte".
To me they dont look different enough for people to remember their names,on live they will be referred as a Render,Quell-thing and a Wraith.
I would have preferred a reskin on the order of a Bearded Devil/Sahaugin effort as these critters are supposed to be from the plane of dreams so one would think there would be some crazy stuff in there.

I guess I'm disappointed from all the hype on the Succubus,months of seeing her on the website/forums and splash screens and she only appears in one quest.

three quests