PDA

View Full Version : Only 4 +2 Tomes for Sale

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Figured I'd check out your prices, but I'm only seeing 4 types of tomes, not all 7. Was considering buying one of the tomes that boosts all 6 stats, but I don't even see it in the store.

rimble
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Can't buy one you've already used. Can't buy the +2 to everything if you've already used ANY +2 tome.

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Can't buy one you've already used. Can't buy the +2 to everything if you've already used ANY +2 tome.

Well that's silly, but thanks for the response.

Delt
10-09-2009, 01:57 PM
You don't see any tomes that are equal to or less than what the purchasing character currently has (which is why I assume they are bound to character, not account -- but I hear differing things).

/shrug

Edit: I type too slow.

rimble
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Well that's silly, but thanks for the response.

Won't see 'em if you're too low level either--I see you going to make an alt with no tomes so you can look at them that way...nope...

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Won't see 'em if you're too low level either--I see you going to make an alt with no tomes so you can look at them that way...nope...

hehehe figured that one out on my own, but thanks again.

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I would highly recommend Turbine change this mechanic, as it's annoying. I would gladly purchase some of these, but I'm not sure I have any characters above level 7 that haven't used a +2 tome.

binnsr
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
You don't see any tomes that are equal to or less than what the purchasing character currently has (which is why I assume they are bound to character, not account -- but I hear differing things).

/shrug

Edit: I type too slow.

they are bound to account not character...

Delt
10-09-2009, 02:29 PM
they are bound to account not character...

If that's true, then the mechanic (hiding them for characters that don't qualify or already benefited) doesn't make any sense. Turbine should change that.

binnsr
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Perhaps Turbine didn't think of that.. :D

I picked one up last night for one of my projects since I've had no luck finding +2 DEX tomes and she'll need it in a level or two. Before nomnomming it, I noticed that it was bound to account .. so you could buy them for a soon-to-be reincarnated character and throw them in the shared bank until you could use them.

gfunk
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM
If that's true, then the mechanic (hiding them for characters that don't qualify or already benefited) doesn't make any sense. Turbine should change that.

I think they just want to make sure people don't accidently buy something they can't use. It sounds weird, but several times I have heard people in party take a tome from a 20th end reward list only to discover that they had already eaten one. doh!

AequiNox
10-14-2009, 03:31 AM
...it also hides the fact that something you might have bought last night is now on sale.
But i think its unfortunate too.

Personally i wanted a +2All really bad on my level 7 rog/rng, so much that i actually held it at lvl 7 dispite being almost lvl 9 in terms of xp. I had not even planned to play this toon that weekend.

I usally check the DDO store on login, but since the toon was lvl3, i could't see them.
Purely by accident i noticed a discussion on /advice about them... otherwise i would't have known.

Bought 1x +2 ALL, saw it was bound to account as i had hoped and placed it into the shared bank.
Bought another one, and used it on my lvl7 toon - now, i don't know if i would have bought any more...

Guess i should be thankfull that it stopped me from spending more that night?
... maybe they could make a option to turn the "hiding of items" off, with a "i agree" warning message.

-- Aequi Nox
Please don't hate me for spending moeny on DDO, thanks.