PDA

View Full Version : Epic Crafting Options

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Going to start a list. Thankfully, they tell you what the things do before you add them.

Colorless
(20 Quest)
+6 stat

(25 Quest + 5 Raid)
+1 Exceptional Stat

Yellow(30 Quest)

Spell Focus:School
Proof Against Poison
Blindness Immunity
Disease Immunity
Fear Immunity
Underwater Action
Featherfall
Resist 4
Protect 4
GFL
Wizardry 6

Red

(20 quest)
(adds this property to your weapon)
Adamantine
Silver
Cold Iron
Byeshk
Crystal(new type)

(30 Quest)
Good
Evil
Lawful
Chaotic

(15 Raid)
+7 enhancement

Blue

(30 Quest)
15% ASF
Toughness(20 hp, doesn't open enhancements, doesn't stack with Minos)
+2 luck(skill and save)
+2 max dex bonus
Heavy Fort
+4 Natural Armor

(15 Raid)
+7 Enhancement

edit: Oh wow, someone screwed up the Catalyst menus quite badly.

MDS_Geist
10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for doing this!

So what are these added to, the epic raid loot?

The crystal weapons are probably Riedran Crystal, weapons that will be useful against psionic types like the Quori.

Junts
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
a chaosblade with good/silver on it...

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for doing this!

So what are these added to, the epic raid loot?

The crystal weapons are probably Riedran Crystal, weapons that will be useful against psionic types like the Quori.

Based on the vendor text, Epic Items have a slot color and you combine a Catalyst of that color with a Crystal of any color to add a power to the item.

Junts
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Based on the vendor text, Epic Items have a slot color and you combine a Catalyst of that color with a Crystal of any color to add a power to the item.

So I'm confused, do you hae to re-pull the raid loot in the epic versions of the raid? The announcement suggests you do not, but your implication is that you do.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
So I'm confused, do you hae to re-pull the raid loot in the epic versions of the raid? The announcement suggests you do not, but your implication is that you do.

Unless they updated the items to have Augment Slots, yes. It's possible they updated the items that drop from sub-Epic difficulties today but my Greenblade from a while back makes no mention of an Augment slot.

Junts
10-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Unless they updated the items to have Augment Slots, yes. It's possible they updated the items that drop from sub-Epic difficulties today but my Greenblade from a while back makes no mention of an Augment slot.

Wow, more farming dq on a melee, I want to cry inside.

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 12:44 PM
just for clarity because Im a little dense what can you apply these bonuses to ? as in what goes on weapons and what goes on armor and what goes on items? I am drooling over some of these.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
just for clarity because Im a little dense what can you apply these bonuses to ? as in what goes on weapons and what goes on armor and what goes on items? I am drooling over some of these.

Based on the text(I obviously lack the resources to test this), you can add anything to any item. Some combinations(good or adamantine on a non-weapon) obviously make no sense, so it is possible they will restrict it.

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM

from tolero's post concerning epic difficulty, i think otherwise.

Old favorite items that originated in these dungeons can be upgraded into powerful Epic versions by collecting rare scrolls, seals, and shards.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
from tolero's post concerning epic difficulty, i think otherwise.

Unless the Greenblade is excluded or the items/weapons simply do not mention what color their slot is, Tolero is incorrect.

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 12:52 PM
First you find a normal version of the item, then you collect three objects in epic dungeons to upgrade the item.

If, say, you want an epic Bloodstone, you'll need to get a Bloodstone, kill epic monsters to get a Scroll of the Bloodstone (or buy one on the auction house), and loot chests for a Seal of the Bloodstone and a Shard of the Bloodstone. Once you have all of those, you can upgrade your Bloodstone to the epic version of the item.

Scrolls drop similar to collectable bags and can be freely traded. Seals and Shards are bound to account (though can be traded normally in the chest). All of them stack and count as "Ingredients".

Based on the text(I obviously lack the resources to test this), you can add anything to any item. Some combinations(good or adamantine on a non-weapon) obviously make no sense, so it is possible they will restrict it.
In general, red is for weapons, blue is for armors, and yellow is for accessories. There are also green, purple, and orange augment slots - these allow your choice of the two colors that make up that color. (A green augment slots would permit either a blue or yellow augment crystal.)

Colorless crystals can go into any color slot.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:55 PM
In general, red is for weapons, blue is for armors, and yellow is for accessories. There are also green, purple, and orange augment slots - these allow your choice of the two colors that make up that color. (A green augment slots would permit either a blue or yellow augment crystal.)

The text is...deceptive then.

"These are catalysts that are necessary to apply an Augment Crystal. You need one catalyst of a color that matches the Augment Slot on your item, not the color of the Crystal."

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
hello seal of earth with +2 max dex bonus, goodbye daggertooths belt :D

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
hello seal of earth with +2 max dex bonus, goodbye daggertooths belt :D

That enhancement applies specifically to the object("increasing the maximum dexterity bonus of the object by 2"), not the player.

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
First you find a normal version of the item, then you collect three objects in epic dungeons to upgrade the item.

If, say, you want an epic Bloodstone, you'll need to get a Bloodstone, kill epic monsters to get a Scroll of the Bloodstone (or buy one on the auction house), and loot chests for a Seal of the Bloodstone and a Shard of the Bloodstone. Once you have all of those, you can upgrade your Bloodstone to the epic version of the item.

Scrolls drop similar to collectable bags and can be freely traded. Seals and Shards are bound to account (though can be traded normally in the chest). All of them stack and count as "Ingredients".

This is crafting to me thank you:D Please do this to VoN... My Kundarak Delving Suit has a date with +4 armor bonus.

One more question Eladrin... how many (if more than 1) augment slots can a piece of gear have?

Barumar
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Eladrin,

First thanks very much for the reply!

However, please clarify this line:

First you find a normal version of the item

I have two Bloodstones - and have no desire to farm new ones for my Paladin or Bard.

As this sentence is vague, please clarify if my existing Bloodstones can be upgrade to Epic, or if for some unknown reason we all need to farm new items post Mod 1...

Thanks,

Barumar

Shandi
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
kill monsters for the scrolls... so they drop as if they were dropping a collectible?

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
That enhancement applies specifically to the object("increasing the maximum dexterity bonus of the object by 2"), not the player.
Sad panda:( of course though, since the daggertooth belt grants enhancements, I got ahead of myself. still the Demonscale armor becomes viable to wear for evasion paladin's with a +2 max dex bonus

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 01:08 PM
The text is...deceptive then.

"These are catalysts that are necessary to apply an Augment Crystal. You need one catalyst of a color that matches the Augment Slot on your item, not the color of the Crystal."
If you have a purple augment slot, and want to put a blue augment crystal into it, you need a purple catalyst.

Some items have multiple slots, and the catalysts let us know which slot you want to put the crystal in. The Wolf Whistle, for instance, has a Yellow and a Colorless slot. If you're putting a +1 Exceptional Dexterity crystal into it, it could go into either one.

Crystals are permanent modifications to the item, so choose what to add very carefully.

First you find a normal version of the item

I have two Bloodstones
If you already have one, you're set. Collect the three upgrade items and hit "blend" in the Epic Eldritch Device.

Upgrading an item does increase its minimum level to 20; that might matter for people planning on undergoing True Reincarnation.

Shandi
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
OH I GET IT

this is pretty similar to sockets in other games like world of warcraft and diablo 2, this is very cool :D

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 01:11 PM
If you have a purple augment slot, and want to put a blue augment crystal into it, you need a purple catalyst.

Some items have multiple slots, and the catalysts let us know which slot you want to put the crystal in. The Wolf Whistle, for instance, has a Yellow and a Colorless slot. If you're putting a +1 Exceptional Dexterity crystal into it, it could go into either one.

Are the available slots listed on the Shard/Seal/Scroll?

Valiance
10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
All I can say is this looks "epic". Looks freakin amazing and I can't wait to get into this stuff.

V

Mav145
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
I absolutely cannot wait to try this out. Does this make some of the shavarath sets more appealing now that we can move enhancements around to other slots?

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
i just realized that this might be randomly applied like DT armor lottery... if thats the case then thanks, but no thanks:(

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Are the available slots listed on the Shard/Seal/Scroll?
The item itself will say things like:

http://home.comcast.net/~aseth/DDO/Whirlwind.JPG

i just realized that this might be randomly applied
No randomness. Whirlwind will always have a red and a colorless slot, for instance.

Mav145
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think that this is randomly applied. Someone mentioned that you looked at the crsytals and saw what they accomplished.

Xaearth
10-09-2009, 01:20 PM
+2 max dex bonus

Assuming we eventually get to a raid with coasters in it, will this be able to function for WF docents?
Would be nice for an addy plating WF to be able to catch up to mithril full plate wearers...

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM

No randomness. Whirlwind will always have a red and a colorless slot, for instance.

SA-WEEEEEET!! thanks for all the answers Eladrin. the desert has alwaays been my favorite area. this just made it untouchable :D

rimble
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM

WF screwed on that one?

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Assuming we eventually get to a raid with coasters in it, will this be able to function for WF docents?
Would be nice for an addy plating WF to be able to catch up to mithril full plate wearers...

no doubt... docent of defiance or titananic docent anyone:D.... if/when they "EPIFY" other areas. this will breathe more life into ddo. how on earth am i going to fit running all raids on 11 toons lol.

MDS_Geist
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM

Very cool - so it can have two different possible epic enhancements?

spyderwolf
10-09-2009, 01:30 PM
where is the altar? i musta over looked it if its in the desert,harbor,twleve, or meridia.

Mav145
10-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Looking at the chart and the greatsword, it could be.....

Colorless - +6 stat or +1 exceptional stat
Red = Adamantine, silver, cold iron, bysehk, crystal, good, evil, lawful, chaotic, or +7 enhancement

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
where is the altar? i musta over looked it if its in the desert,harbor,twleve, or meridia.

Twelve to the right of the tower.

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Looking at the chart and the greatsword, it could be.....

Red = Adamantine, silver, cold iron, bysehk, crystal, good, evil, lawful, chaotic, or +7 enhancement
Correct, though you could also choose to put +6 or +1 Exceptional to a different stat in the Red slot as well, since Red slots can accept red or colorless crystals.

spyderwolf
10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Twelve to the right of the tower.

ty. i jsut ran right by it lol

Mav145
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Correct, though you could also choose to put +6 or +1 Exceptional to a different stat in the Red slot as well, since Red slots can accept red or colorless crystals.

Thanks, I missed that.

Also, this only applies to weapons/armors/trinkets pulled in the desert area, right?

bobbryan2
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Why is that sword not bypassing Epic DR?

Ranmaru2
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Does this also apply to random loot or named/raid items? I would like to think that this system would be a way to save random loot. Also, does putting augments on weapons bind them to character or make them tradeable? Please make them tradeable, we need more stuff to trade as is.

I'm guessing that they don't have it implemented properly for anything to bypass epic DR? It should bypass plain ol' epic...

Angelus_dead
10-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Hopefully it does, and it's just not listed. Technically, the D&D rules should allow a weapon to beat DR/epic even if it doesn't have an enhancement bonus that's permanently 6+.

rimble
10-09-2009, 01:40 PM

Speaking of that, I hope my DR 10/Epic works in these dungeons. Epic Bosses bypassing it would be expected (and grudgingly accepted), but I hope not every little minion is doing Epic damage.

Ranmaru2
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Hopefully it does, and it's just not listed. Technically, the D&D rules should allow a weapon to beat DR/epic even if it doesn't have an enhancement bonus that's permanently 6+.

speaking of this..I wonder if the devs will be getting into advanced epic DR types**... *Ponders*

**Examples:

__ DR Epic Good
__ DR Epic Adamantine
__ DR Epic Good, Silver

Hello necessity for +3 Transmuting flametouched iron of greater evil outsider bane weapons :D

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
so my guess is raid gear gets colorless slot + red/yellow/blue (item appropriate) slot + secondary color slot (purple/orange/green)?

and non raid gear gets colorless slot + red/yellow/blue?

Shandi
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
im going to asume that the 15% ASF means 15% arcane spell failure and I am also assuming it means -15%? lol im not able to look at the list for myself right now

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Speaking of that, I hope my DR 10/Epic works in these dungeons. Epic Bosses bypassing it would be expected (and grudgingly accepted), but I hope not every little minion is doing Epic damage.
Currently we've decided to restrict the "epic" damage type to a subset of named epic bosses, and creatures that are actually from the Epic Level Handbook (like Paragon creatures).

It's possible that we'll change this in the future, but we didn't want to make DR */Epic as weak as DR */Magic.

so my guess is raid gear gets colorless slot + red/yellow/blue (item appropriate) slot + secondary color slot (purple/orange/green)?

and non raid gear gets colorless slot + red/yellow/blue?
Most items have only one augment slot. Two handed weapons often have two. Extremely powerful items might have none.

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Currently we've decided to restrict the "epic" damage type to a subset of named epic bosses, and creatures that are actually from the Epic Level Handbook (like Paragon creatures).

It's possible that we'll change this in the future, but we didn't want to make DR */Epic as weak as DR */Magic.

Most items have only one augment slot. Two handed weapons often have two. Extremely powerful items might have none.

fair enough I can roll with that... thf need the love:)
im guessing greenblade is extremely powerful

Angelus_dead
10-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Here's a little suggestion you could keep in line along those lines: In a computer-moderated game, DR rules don't have to be as simple as for tabletop.

For example, maybe when a Monk gets DR 10/Epic, instead of being really DR 10/+6 as it is now, he has DR 10/+6, 7/+7, 3/+8, and 1/+9. The idea is that instead of every weapon from +6 to +10 (and beyond) ignoring that DR equally, instead they pierce it with increasing effectiveness...

Riggs
10-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Maybe monks could get untyped dr like barbs?

While the base pnp rules state creatures with the same dr can bypass each othes dr...it would be pretty sad to have a monk capstone that protects against every fight except the ones you need it the most...raid bosses.

Riggs
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh...and being able to add metal properties to items...massive.

Being able to upgrade GOOD weapons rather than have a bank full of various metal/good combos is a huge, huge bonus.

This is starting to feel like real crafting....the only thing missing now would be adding spells to items - like a ring of fireballs, summon X, break enchantment 3/day etc. (Some arcane is out there adding all those spells to items now....)

Shandi
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
so if crystal really is Riedran Crysteel then precisely what is that going to do for us? According to the Campaign Setting it just makes you do more damage if you have power points. We dont have power points in this game. I know it has some extra hardness but? I dunno :O

I wonder how it's going to work :o

Xaearth
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
so if crystal really is Riedran Crysteel then precisely what is that going to do for us? According to the Campaign Setting it just makes you do more damage if you have power points. We dont have power points in this game. I know it has some extra hardness but? I dunno :O

I wonder how it's going to work :o

I dunno if you've noticed but...
Psionics appear to be slowly worming their way into Stormreach... :eek:

Barumar
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
If you already have one, you're set. Collect the three upgrade items and hit "blend" in the Epic Eldritch Device.

Upgrading an item does increase its minimum level to 20; that might matter for people planning on undergoing True Reincarnation.

Thank You!!! :) Also, thanks for the warning about lvl 20.

It would totally suck to have to farm/acquire these items over again in order to upgrade them.

This is all sounding really awesome - I can't wait.

Barumar

Nyvn
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Just to clarify. Currently only items from the desert can be made epic?

sephiroth1084
10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay, so I'm puzzled.

Are the old items going to get slots added to them retroactively?

The SN of whirlwind shows it with an epic enhancement bonus, ML 20, but 2 open slots. I'm not following how it gained the epic enhancement w/o filling those slots.

Any chance of changing the Max Dex +2 to Fighter's Armor/Shield Mastery II? If it's a push to make armor other than the DT stuff viable, I could understand that, but it'd be nice to be able to gain that kind of bonus without having to scrap the DT armor we've all been gambling on for a year.

Speaking of which, can we PLEASE get the DT stuff changed to reflect the way that these epic items work? That is, can we get the effects on our Eldritch, Tempest and Sovereign runes displayed, so we can stop gambling, and maybe even start trading in chests?

Oh, and as everyone else here, I am very excited about this!

kingfisher
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
epic Bloodstone

think i just caught wood

Mav145
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree - the DT stuff needs to be looked at so that it works more like this looks like it is going to work.

No more roulette with the runes.

Sirea
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
So how much gear is this going to make obsolete? Should I just not bother Shroud crafting at all anymore until we see what this stuff does?

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello +1 Holy Burst Silver Khopesh of Greater Evil Outsider Bane.

Turial
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM

Would you consider letting ranged weapons have two slots for augmentation? We have to use two hands to use them.

Also can ranged weapons be augmented with metals to allow them to permanently bypass metaline/crystaline DR components?

kingfisher
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
(20 quest)
Adamantine
Silver
Cold Iron
Byeshk
Crystal(new type)

so um are we ever going to be able to add a metal type to a regular old weapon? say a +3 holyburst of geob perhaps?

Absolute-Omniscience
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Would you consider letting ranged weapons have two slots for augmentation? We have to use two hands to use them.

Also can ranged weapons be augmented with metals to allow them to permanently bypass metaline/crystaline DR components?

To me it sounds as if you'll only be able to "craft" named items, and your question sounds as if you want it to all random generated items.

As the items requires scrolls and yadayada they'll be only for a selected few at the start. (desert rares, + queen raid loot).

Aesop
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Okay, so I'm puzzled.

Are the old items going to get slots added to them retroactively?

The SN of whirlwind shows it with an epic enhancement bonus, ML 20, but 2 open slots. I'm not following how it gained the epic enhancement w/o filling those slots.

!

There is a ritual involving 3 items specific to the item in question.

Epic Whirlwind Scroll and two others

applying these items to the item in question upgrades said item to the new EPIC Version of the Item. From there you can customize it to be more what you want

Aesop

rimble
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Epic Retribution. I'd marry that sword if I could.

Aesop
10-09-2009, 04:08 PM

I'm kinda hoping for that as well :)

Kasen_Darksword
10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Going to start a list. Thankfully, they tell you what the things do before you add them.

Colorless
(20 Quest)
+6 stat

(25 Quest + 5 Raid)
+1 Exceptional Stat

Yellow(30 Quest)

Spell Focus:School
Proof Against Poison
Blindness Immunity
Disease Immunity
Fear Immunity
Underwater Action
Featherfall
Resist 4
Protect 4
GFL
Wizardry 6

Red

(20 quest)
Adamantine
Silver
Cold Iron
Byeshk
Crystal(new type)

(30 Quest)
Good
Evil
Lawful
Chaotic

(15 Raid)
+7 enhancement

Blue

(30 Quest)
15% ASF
Toughness(20 hp, doesn't open enhancements, doesn't stack with Minos)
+2 luck(skill and save)
+2 max dex bonus
Heavy Fort
+4 Natural Armor

(15 Raid)
+7 Enhancement

edit: Oh wow, someone screwed up the Catalyst menus quite badly.

what does the (20quest) (30quest) and or (15raid) mean?

MrCow
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM

But it would still have the durability of epic cardboard. ;)

poonce
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
There are Names Bows in the Desert also, Dont forget. Them things are going to be awesome now.

Ranmaru2
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Eladrin, does the epic crafting cause the weapon to bind to anything at all? Also, is the prototype run of this just restricted to desert loot?

Dirac
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM

I want an epic carniflex.

Gorstag
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Epic sword of shadows or epic deathnip......*drool*

Gorstag
10-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Still, I see these weapons thus far being subpar to greensteel. Though an epic sirroco, epic golden greaves, and epic bloodstone might be interesting.

Barumar
10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
There are Names Bows in the Desert also, Dont forget. Them things are going to be awesome now.

I have the Crossbow (Storm ?) on my Sorcy - what might that have the potential to become - need to check into that...

Also, the Jerky already has GTF - right? What can we add to it to make it worthy of a more permanent trinket spot?

Barumar

BattleCircle
10-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Still, I see these weapons thus far being subpar to greensteel. Though an epic sirroco, epic golden greaves, and epic bloodstone might be interesting.

I am thinking it is a prototype crafting system, much like shroud crafting and DT. I am thinking that one of two things will happen.

1. a multi level crafting system with shroud crafting being levels 12-16, DT 16-19, and the new system 20+

2. shroud and DT will be replaced, and or, combined by/with, this system

Anyway you look at it, it is obvious, at least to me, that Epic levels are on the way.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 05:49 PM
what does the (20quest) (30quest) and or (15raid) mean?

That's the cost of an item from each section(20 epic quest tokens, 15 raid tokens, etc.).

Heffty_Smurf
10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
This may be a real dumb question but are those options ONLY available on gear pulled from the desert? and its only 1 upgrade per item corrct?

deadkitty
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Now can you take you're greensteel items and upgrade them to epic as well?

Greeka
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
So I am looking at the example and see that it shows that the item becomes a bind on acquire. So once you craft and item to epic status does that mean it is instantly bound like greensteel crafted items or can it be passed, sold, or auctioned off. I would like to see the ability for some people if they should choose to be able to craft items for guild members or in hopes of creating a more player based economy without the retardness of the auction house pricing. Any kind of information in this regard would be appreciated and any input as to whether anything is being done to help develop a player based/controlled economy or some kind of up coming guild features to help fellow guild mates.

I would ask about a guild bank, but that it a whole other topic.

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM
This may be a real dumb question but are those options ONLY available on gear pulled from the desert? and its only 1 upgrade per item corrct?
epic is only for named desert loot at this point, and it can have 1, 2 or no slots for upgrade depending the power of the item.

WeaselKing
10-09-2009, 06:52 PM

What a noob!!

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
So I am looking at the example and see that it shows that the item becomes a bind on acquire. So once you craft and item to epic status does that mean it is instantly bound like greensteel crafted items or can it be passed, sold, or auctioned off. I would like to see the ability for some people if they should choose to be able to craft items for guild members or in hopes of creating a more player based economy without the retardness of the auction house pricing. Any kind of information in this regard would be appreciated and any input as to whether anything is being done to help develop a player based/controlled economy or some kind of up coming guild features to help fellow guild mates.

I would ask about a guild bank, but that it a whole other topic.

Because components are bound(Shard/Seal) it is likely that all results will be bound as well.

Cetus
10-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Ok, so the only effects that are able to be crafted on items are the ones displayed earlier? Also, would you be able to decipher those magic numbers located next to the colors (30 quest, 20 quest, etc)

QuantumFX
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I need Epic Seven Fingered Gloves...

Junts
10-09-2009, 08:34 PM

This is interesting info, especially since we didn't know the explorer area had epic variations

The price on the items for the torc/bloodstone/greaves will so massively outweigh everything else, though..

Only one augmentation per item? No making a chaosblade that breaks devil dr? (how sad)

Turial
10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
This is interesting info, especially since we didn't know the explorer area had epic variations

The price on the items for the torc/bloodstone/greaves will so massively outweigh everything else, though..

Only one augmentation per item? No making a chaosblade that breaks devil dr? (how sad)

Depends on the slotting we get. The weapon Eladrin showed us had two slots. One can assume that named items may only have 1 colored slot and one colorless slot as a max. Raid items may have the dual color slot + a colorless slot.

Some raid items like GS, DT, and TOD rings may not be upgradeable at all via epic though.

QuantumFX
10-09-2009, 08:40 PM

And to add to Turial's comments: The epic version of Windlasher got some major upgrades. Perhaps some of the lesser loot will get some major improvements. (ex. Tourney Armor.)

Junts
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Depends on the slotting we get. The weapon Eladrin showed us had two slots. One can assume that named items may only have 1 colored slot and one colorless slot as a max. Raid items may have the dual color slot + a colorless slot.

Some raid items like GS, DT, and TOD rings may not be upgradeable at all via epic though.

I thought it was clear that only items -from- the desert are part of this.

Turial
10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I thought it was clear that only items -from- the desert are part of this.

For now, Yes. They will likely expand it.

Junts
10-09-2009, 09:57 PM
For now, Yes. They will likely expand it.

I imagine so but i wouldnt be surprsied if the expansions involved different add-new-stuff options, etc, too

Turial
10-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I imagine so but i wouldnt be surprsied if the expansions involved different add-new-stuff options, etc, too

We may see some rare attributes like vamprism but I think the basics are pretty set at this point.

Stats are +6 with the possibility of +3 exceptional stat (even though only +1 is listed). Most of this stuff is kinda rehash from previous crafting/special adds.

Spisey
10-10-2009, 04:19 AM
no doubt... docent of defiance or titananic docent anyone:D.... if/when they "EPIFY" other areas. this will breathe more life into ddo. how on earth am i going to fit running all raids on 11 toons lol.

And you were complaining I didn't have enough characters (ala a healer :P )!

I keep narrowing down what I play based on availablilty of time now so it's good I can focus on 2 characters to start! :p

Now to find priority between hoarding epic raid loot first or start to re-incarnate.....

Spisey
10-10-2009, 04:25 AM

this is what I am worried about. Hopefully we can further increase the power to our current dr armor. Otherwise, the time spent farming your armor up to sovereign, only to be unable to use for further crafting will be an utter dissappointment. Imagine the item slot conservation that can be done!!!

(the -15% asf looks mighty nice for a wf battlecaster! Now oddlived and other similar builds can refeat to Adamantine Body and experience 0%asf! )

I see so many possibilities!!! :D

Aspenor
10-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I know the odds are against it...but a Lightning II with Silver on it....mmmm sexy. Does anybody know if Shroud items are considered "too powerful" to use this system?

Mav145
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I think that epic crafting will only apply to desert loot for the time being.

SableShadow
10-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I think that epic crafting will only apply to desert loot for the time being.

True. As long as folks can think about Icy's with +6 stat and a +7 armor bonus, though, the drooling will continue. :)

Jonny_D
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I would imagine anything shroud, subterrain and refuge would be too powerful to have an epic setting (although epic toothpick anyone;)) anytime soon. Also since the Abbot loot has been retrofitted it probably wont be made epic. The desert makes the most sense because of all the named items both in the wilderness and in quests/raid and it is an underrun area that is HUGE. Epic Vons would be cool, but outside of 3 or 4 items it really would not be worth equiping the gear with only 1 slot... Sword of Shadows, boots, helmet, kds and maybe the belt... i cant see myself equiping epic Ruby encrusted guantlets. Same goes for Tempest Spine, the named gear is too weak.

the next place that could use epic that makes sense is the giant hold. It has many named items most of which are just a bit to underpowered to make it to endgame. But epic white dragon helmet and armor with a set bonus could be pretty impressive.

Jonny_D
10-10-2009, 11:42 AM
True. As long as folks can think about Icy's with +6 stat and a +7 armor bonus, though, the drooling will continue. :)

lol I hear ya Brenna, but that will never happen. Icy's are the most overpowered unbalancing single piece of gear in the game. Now if it were say an Icy Bastion (all the same specs on a +5 mithril heavy shield with 10dr) I would be ok with it going epic;):D

Borror0
10-10-2009, 12:18 PM
fair enough I can roll with that... thf need the love:)
Not only that. It equalizes the grind between fighting styles. Otherwise TWF and S&B characters would need to farm twice more than a THF, unarmed or ranged character. When you consider that S&B and TWF also have to grind for one more item (a shield or an off hand weapon), it starts pilling up.

For those reasons, I assume that two-handed ranged weapons and handwraps also have two slots.

Jonny_D
10-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Not only that. It equalizes the grind between fighting styles. Otherwise TWF and S&B characters would need to farm twice more than a THF, unarmed or ranged character. When you consider that S&B and TWF also have to grind for one more item (a shield or an off hand weapon), it starts pilling up.

For those reasons, I assume that two-handed ranged weapons and handwraps also have two slots.

yup u used way more words to say they need thf love :D

Cetus
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok well, what about the marilith chain? it already gives you the bloodstone effect and DR 5/lawful, good. Would that be considered an item that is too powerful to create augment slots on? (hopefully the taint of evel on it creates a worthy balance) Because if you can craft on it, then you wont even have a need for a bloodstone anymore- unless the epic version would give u a higher seeker + on it. I would give up my dragontouch in a heartbeat for it. The GFL trinket from DQ (GFL) would be a useful item to craft additional effects on to couple with the armor, and I'd get rid of the set bonuses frm tower and just keep the rings for the exc +'s. (kensai bonus sucks anyway)

I don't think dragontouched armor should be included in this crafting system simply because players are forced to make decisions as to what to keep on their characters-game balance; although I am a huge proponent of eradicating this gambling nonsense.

Proud officer from Order of the Drow-
Level 20 THW kensai Fighter- Cetusss

Xenus_Paradox
10-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure GS, DT armor, and ToD rings will count as "too powerful" for epic crafting. If anything, the GS and DT armor will be able to accept a crystal to give them epic enhancement bonuses (+6 and higher), but nothing else.

Shade
10-11-2009, 02:52 AM
yup u used way more words to say they need thf love :D

Don't think this qualifies as THF love at all.

Being it's just desert loot..

The desert weapons consist of:
2 Two Handed weapons - 1 of which was already shown to pretty much suck.
9+ One Handed weapons - a couple of which are already considered great weapons, for there non-epic forms (Sirroco, Chaosblade)

I just hope the Epic Xuum is very powerful.

Jonny_D
10-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Don't think this qualifies as THF love at all.

Being it's just desert loot..

The desert weapons consist of:
2 Two Handed weapons - 1 of which was already shown to pretty much suck.
9+ One Handed weapons - a couple of which are already considered great weapons, for there non-epic forms (Sirroco, Chaosblade)

I just hope the Epic Xuum is very powerful.

I was refering to hopeful future epic changes in other areas... plus th weapons needs any and all love it can get because. since the sword of shadows there hasnt been anything too impressive. Consider the epic whirlwind with metaline puregood. It will bypass devil dr and very few mobs are resistant to sonic damage, also it bypasses epic dr.

SableShadow
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
lol I hear ya Brenna, but that will never happen. Icy's are the most overpowered unbalancing single piece of gear in the game. Now if it were say an Icy Bastion (all the same specs on a +5 mithril heavy shield with 10dr) I would be ok with it going epic;):D

lol, true enough. :)

How about Mysterious Rings with +5/+5 base stats, with a +4 resistance (yellow) and another +6 stat (clear) on them? Or, since they're mysterious, +5/+5 base stats and two yellow slots for +4 resist and GFL? :D

Or a Spiked Turban with +5 prot/+5 resist, add +6 stat and GFL?

thegreatcthulhu
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Perhaps it is just me, but I was a little disheartened to see that much of the new crafting feature involves raiding. With the other changes being made to DDO (F2P, attempt to attract a larger audience), one would think that there would be viable alternatives involving the "Epic Crafting" that do not require raids...

Perhaps what I am going towards is the fear that the belated Holy Avenger, when introduced, will be nothing more than a dull raid drop and then after be needed to be enhanced using The Shard (yet another raid). One would think that such experiences do not need to be restricted to raid fans.

Alas, I think I am of a minority on this opinion (and fear).

Thelmallen
10-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I read most of this thread yesterday but can't remember if anyone said whether it's only new pulls that have the slots or if previously pulled items can be upgraded.

The_Ick
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I read most of this thread yesterday but can't remember if anyone said whether it's only new pulls that have the slots or if previously pulled items can be upgraded.

You can upgrade the items you have.

Shade
10-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I was refering to hopeful future epic changes in other areas... plus th weapons needs any and all love it can get because. since the sword of shadows there hasnt been anything too impressive. Consider the epic whirlwind with metaline puregood. It will bypass devil dr and very few mobs are resistant to sonic damage, also it bypasses epic dr.

That sounds great and all, but it's not a possibility.

It only has 1 red slot, thus can only have 1 material type added to it. And im wlling to bet every 2 handed weapon will have only 1 red slot, and 1 weaker one, usually colorless.

So the most ideal setup could be:
+6 dex (or whatever, id go dex being I have +6 str, +1 ecep str already)
Good

Gets thru DR on Bearded Devil, Bezikira, Orthon. But not pitfiend or horned devil. (or the majority of monsters in all epic desert content)

Does NOT get thru epic DR as Eladrin has stated. It has no epic in the damage type lists.

Rather poor weapon even with the best crafting options. Results is a weapon thats all around inferior DPS to most any shroud weapon. Only advantage being it has +1 more to hit, and a 5% chance to trip for 2 seconds on a crit (Dc17 is so crazy weak it will never stick, they really shoulda of boosted that)

Now if there was monsters vulnerable (purple number) to sonic damage in the game, it could be decent, but there are not.

THF weapons do need love tho. There exists a raid quality version of nearly every weapon in the game except the one most loved by THF users - the Greataxe. Really lame. 1handers enjoy tons of great raid quality weapons (deathnip, phosphor, chaosblade, severe, serrulae, tenderizer, beraevement, enduring conviction)

MrCow
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Now if there was monsters vulnerable (purple number) to sonic damage in the game, it could be decent, but there are not.

Several types of non-lethal crystals are vulnerable to sonic damage. :)

binnsr
10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
But it would still have the durability of epic cardboard. ;)

But being bound, at least you could repair the cardboard. :rolleyes:

Visty
10-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Blue

(30 Quest)
15% ASF

is that +15% or -15%?

i know it sounds stupid but you never know

sephiroth1084
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Rather poor weapon even with the best crafting options. Results is a weapon thats all around inferior DPS to most any shroud weapon. Only advantage being it has +1 more to hit, and a 5% chance to trip for 2 seconds on a crit (Dc17 is so crazy weak it will never stick, they really shoulda of boosted that)

I was also very sad to see that the DC hadn't been jacked up to an appropriate level. Not a very epic weapon if even the monsters in the original lvl 12 version of the quest have a fair chance of making that save.

KoboldKiller
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
*SIGH* Looks like I need to stop the lowbie running and get moving with my higher alts or I will be farther behind the curve. I haven't done any of the new content to date let alone DT armor now you come out with this epic stuff and augmentation slots (see Pam Anderson) I'm never going to keep up. Damn me and my obsesion with re-rolling.

Absolute-Omniscience
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
1handers enjoy tons of great raid quality weapons (<snip> tenderizer, beraevement)

I lol'ed. :D

Shade
11-01-2009, 09:38 AM
up for reference.

Shade
11-01-2009, 09:39 AM
mm costs are crazy on some of these.. Needs to be lowered.

Maegin
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM
So i feel that this is more appropriate to shroud crafting, potentially. Cause that stuff, was just way too good imho

Auran82
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
To be honest, I don't understand why these things can only be bought anyway.

Why not have them as rare drops from end chests as well as having special ones that you can't actually just buy (Like Colourless +2 Exc Stat, Blue +5/6 Resistance/protection etc etc)

And the epic dungeon token costs could probably be lowered somewhat, maybe drop each by 10?

Auran82
11-01-2009, 10:39 PM
On further thought, why isn't there any gems that make the item part of a set (Tharnes, levicks, entirely new sets only on epic items)

Would be a nice addon, and would allow them to create more powerful effects, but you need two items to get the effect.

SteeleTrueheart
11-02-2009, 08:00 AM
I did my first epic run (chains of flame) today and it took 153minutes with a lot of resources. The fact that I need 20-30 tokens to upgrade an item (once) is absurd. For the powergamers, well I am glad they have all the time to do this.

I mean 20 epic runs to get something like... proof vs poison? I don't see it happening.

I guess I will wait to see if they put shroud items in the mix. Adding silver to my triple positives might get me to grind this. If there is nothing else to do.

redoubt
11-02-2009, 12:40 PM
A few questions:

1. The items come from the quests like normal, correct?

2. You collect epic tokens from epic quests and raids to buy the colored or colorless crystals? If not, how do you get the crystals?

3. You need three items with the name of the item to be upgraded to make it the epic version. Where do you get the three upgrade components? Collectibles (i.e. breaking boxes and looting corpses)? Does it have to be in an epic version of the quest or will these items drop in any desert quest?

Thanks.

Aspenor
11-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Does anybody know if epic crafting items drop for the Bracers of the Demon's Consort or the Torq?

shinmade
11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Does anybody know if epic crafting items drop for the Bracers of the Demon's Consort or the Torq?

Yes they do. All your epic torc or dq bracer items are belong to meh Asp.

Aspenor
11-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes they do. All your epic torc or dq bracer items are belong to meh Asp.

**** alex

SteeleTrueheart
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
A few questions:

1. The items come from the quests like normal, correct? Yes

2. You collect epic tokens from epic quests and raids to buy the colored or colorless crystals? Yes

3. You need three items with the name of the item to be upgraded to make it the epic version. Where do you get the three upgrade components? Collectibles (i.e. breaking boxes and looting corpses)?

You need a Shard a Seal and a Scroll of the matching item (for example Seal of the Bloodstone). Scrolls can be found on corpses in my experience (someone said they also drop from breakables but I have not seen that) Seals come from chests in the quest. I picked up a shard from the end chest. (the only place they drop. Along with that rather funny looking token animation.)

Does it have to be in an epic version of the quest or will these items drop in any desert quest? EPIC version only

Thanks.
In Red

Edit: because Junts told me to! ;) And he has done epic more than I have

Junts
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Steele. Seals come from any chest in the quest; shards only come from the Epic chest that provides the epic dungeon/raid token.

Scrolls come from both monsters and breakables.

SteeleTrueheart
11-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Junts.

Couldn't remember what it was that came out of all the chests on the way since nothing fell for me. I only remembered what I pulled myself.

Will edit my original post for clarity.

Rog
11-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I need Epic Seven Fingered Gloves...
that would rock