PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Use Any Reincarnations!!!!!

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:10 PM
A lot of people are finding themselves nakid @ level 1 with all gear missing. Needs a fix ASAP with a roll back

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 12:30 PM
A lot of people are finding themselves nakid @ level 1 with all gear missing. Needs a fix ASAP with a roll back

from what i can tell, this is only effecting 28 point characters and drow, if you are a 32 point, you should have no issues with reincarnation from what i can see.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
from what i can tell, this is only effecting 28 point characters and drow, if you are a 32 point, you should have no issues with reincarnation from what i can see.

Incorrect, happened on my 32 point dwarf :(

HeavenlyCloud
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
My 32 point build is good so far.

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
i beleive people trying to respec chars under lvl 20 are having issues

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
My 32 point build is good so far.

Please tell me what it did for you from creation point on. Might see how things went screwy. Thanks

WeaselKing
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Now that seems logical.

HeavenlyCloud
10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Please tell me what it did for you from creation point on. Might see how things went screwy. Thanks

Talked to the NPC, true reincarnation chosen. Logged out, clicked reincarnate, chose class, race, ability points, feats, appearance, clicked create, logged in.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Lesser and greater say you don't need to be 20, only for true.....

But if that's the prob, then they know what they have to fix atleast

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM

my level 15 Ranger14/Fighter1 worked fine, she's a 32 point human.

Tarrant
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Hopefully this goes without saying, but please be sure to bug report issues like this!

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Hopefully this goes without saying, but please be sure to bug report issues like this!

Through Lama or here?

Quikster
10-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Through Lama or here?

Lama, always. Dont count on bug reports here as they get difficult to sift through.

Tarrant
10-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Lama, always. Dont count on bug reports here as they get difficult to sift through.

Correct! Bug reports in the game (Lama or live) go directly to the QA team and get passed along appropriately through there. Here, we try to report them when we find them, but its easy to overlook something important.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Correct! Bug reports in the game (Lama or live) go directly to the QA team and get passed along appropriately through there. Here, we try to report them when we find them, but its easy to overlook something important.

OK did it, but will we be seeing a roll back. and if yes, wouldn't sooner be better than later? so less people waste there time with a glitch.

Tolero
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Did the trainer not allow you to progress to level 4 and did the minotaur not give you your belongings afterward?

The way lesser and greater reincarnation work is you have to speak with the trainer on the boat to "retake" your levels 1 through 4. Then afterward, you speak with the minotaur who gives you your "luggage" (your gear that you had on).

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Did the trainer not allow you to progress to level 4 and did the minotaur not give you your belongings afterward?

The way lesser and greater reincarnation work is you have to speak with the trainer on the boat to "retake" your levels 1 through 4. Then afterward, you speak with the minotaur who gives you your "luggage" (your gear that you had on).

Wait, you lose your levels when you are lesser or greater reincarnated?

Shandi
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
the trainers on the ship just said to progress and speak to the captain, nothing about leveling up or anything

I did see the thing about leveling up however I was not given the chance to. I am going to reincarnate my fighter now and spend a little more time maybe its something wrong i clicked...

Cedwin
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Wait, you lose your levels when you are lesser or greater reincarnated?

Isn't that the definition of reincarnation? It means starting over as a little baby lowbie.

Keeping your levels would be more like cloning

~sturm097
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM

For me, it forced me to rename Kelthar to Kelthare, and created another character, leaving Kelthar in my toon list with the Reincarnate option.... When i logged into Kelthare, he was on the beach with Jeets, 0xp, 0 favor.... I have since deleted him, and tried the reincarnate option again.... now it says "Pending" and sits on the final character creation screen and greys out the create button.....

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Isn't that the definition of reincarnation? It means starting over as a little baby lowbie.

Somehow I completely missed this...as did apparently a ton of other people.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Talked to them but they didn't do anything. just dropped me off at the tower

Quanefel
10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a problem. o.O

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM

LOL, Did you READ up on the 3 different types of reincarnations? Only true makes you start as a lowbie

Tolero
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
What happens with lesser & greater reincarnation is: we set you on the boat at level 1...give you the XP to be the appropriate levels...all the way back up to where you left off... but you have to talk with the trainer to actually get there. We hold your stuff for you in the bank until you're done with the trainer (due to minimum level restrictions while you're going through the reincarnation steps to get back to full level). After you're done with the steps, you need to visit your bank to get your belongings back.

Re: Bank

There is now a special part of your bank to hold reincarnation gear. It's a one way deposit box though. You can pull things out of it, but you can't put them back in. It only works for reincarnation, it's not "normal" bank space. Also note that you'll need to pull all your belongings out of the reincarnation bank so it's empty before you attempt a second reincarnation.

dragonruler
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
What happens with lesser & greater reincarnation is: we set you on the boat at level 1...give you the XP to be the appropriate levels...all the way back up to where you left off... but you have to talk with the trainer to actually get there. We hold your stuff for you in the bank until you're done with the trainer (due to minimum level restrictions while you're going through the reincarnation steps to get back to full level). After you're done with the steps, you need to visit your bank to get your belongings back.

but what happens if your bank is full at the time...granted i know some people will say leave space in your bank but say someone forgets what happens to their stuff?

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM

sound great but have 0 XP and the trainer won't talk to me. I cry now :(

Shandi
10-09-2009, 01:21 PM
and now I cannot reincarnate my fighter because his name is Kaven-1

Kaven-1 is considered a bad name

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
but what happens if your bank is full at the time...granted i know some people will say leave space in your bank but say someone forgets what happens to their stuff?
When you True Reincarnate, all of your stuff goes into a special "withdraw only" bank vault.

Think of it like leaving your new character your old character's stuff in a will. You still have to go collect it.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there a way to restart the prosses and see if it resets?

dragonruler
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
When you True Reincarnate, all of your stuff goes into a special "withdraw only" bank vault.

Think of it like leaving your new character your old character's stuff in a will. You still have to go collect it.

Ah ok that's cool..

Ummm one thing i am having trouble with in doing reincarnating is that i get to the last part of creation and it says that i can't use the name on my character which was renamed for me (Arylian-1) so it makes me change my name. When i do it says character cannot be created. Whats up with that?

Kiranselie
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Re: Bank

There is now a special part of your bank to hold reincarnation gear. It's a one way deposit box though. You can pull things out of it, but you can't put them back in. It only works for reincarnation, it's not "normal" bank space. Also note that you'll need to pull all your belongings out of the reincarnation bank so it's empty before you attempt a second reincarnation.

Sounds great and all, but i talked to the trainer, she told me to talk to the captain, bam on the tower in the marketplace nekkid and 0 xp, if i wanted to do all of that i would have just went w/ true reincarnation.

Ranmaru2
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM

what happens to bound and attuned stuff? It was attuned to the energies of your LAST life, not this one :D

Or does it just presume that you are you still. Also, noted earlier in the thread, do we lose our character's name? :( I don't want to have to name my wizard Rtwo something else...

dragonruler
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Ug i'm stuck at (Please Wait...) on character creation :( i thought at first it just took a little bit but ive been sitting here for five minutes..

GreenGurgler
10-09-2009, 01:49 PM
OK did it, but will we be seeing a roll back. and if yes, wouldn't sooner be better than later? so less people waste there time with a glitch.

You seriously want a ROLLBACK on a TEST server?!?!?!

You realize this will never happen as you really are not out anything at all. Your just doing the testing that comes with being on a testing server.

If this happened live, different issue entirely.

Enjoy play testing

Arleon
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I had the same problem as others, where I did a Lesser Reincarnation and then on the boat I didn't get any experience or my items when talking to the people it just dropped me off in Stormreach after talking to them. I sent in a bug report and sent in a ticket to see if the GM's can help, but apparently it's not an issue they can deal with. Oh well maybe they get it fixed. At the very least it didn't happen on the live servers.

druiddhohb
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM
i didnt even get to the boat. it rocked me straight to jeets

Vanda
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
i didnt even get to the boat. it rocked me straight to jeets

Do you still have any of your favor?

druiddhohb
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you still have any of your favor?

nope.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
You seriously want a ROLLBACK on a TEST server?!?!?!

You realize this will never happen as you really are not out anything at all. Your just doing the testing that comes with being on a testing server.

If this happened live, different issue entirely.

Enjoy play testing

Do I expect a roll back when there programing errors sent high end toons back to level 1? Um.... yes. how do you test there new stuff when they fudge up your toon to level 1 and nakid????? :rolleyes:

Vanda
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Do I expect a roll back when there programing errors sent high end toons back to level 1? Um.... yes. how do you test there new stuff when they fudge up your toon to level 1 and nakid????? :rolleyes:

Its a test server. You found a bug, be happy move on.

Now they may decide to do it, or maybe they will find a way to restore the lost items/levels. I don't know or care. Better to find it here than on live servers.

Personally I'd rather a fresh wipe and have some current characters back on it.

Anthonyca
10-09-2009, 03:53 PM
i had no problems with the greater. i was also a 28 point build and an elf. no problems. maybe people just need to read the quest log and look around before they leap.

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Its a test server. You found a bug, be happy move on.

Now they may decide to do it, or maybe they will find a way to restore the lost items/levels. I don't know or care. Better to find it here than on live servers.

Personally I'd rather a fresh wipe and have some current characters back on it.
I would be so all for that :D

i had no problems with the greater. i was also a 28 point build and an elf. no problems. maybe people just need to read the quest log and look around before they leap.
OK you didn't have a problem, but alot of people did. It just threw us to ether the air tower or shipwreked shore. But yes, you must be right. Screw everyone that got bugged out since it worked for you.

GoldyGopher
10-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Trainer did not train and the minotaur did not give me back my stuff.

Vanda
10-09-2009, 04:55 PM

I don't think it was a problem with my, or others, reading ability. Perhaps you should read some of the detailed examples of what had happened. We were not given any options or quests to level up.

Regardless, even if this is the problem of masses of people reading things incorrectly, there is still something wrong on Turbine's side. This process needs to be made pretty much fool proof. If a slight misread causes you to lose all your xp and gear AFTER you have paid money via points to do a respec, that is bad. It will need to be fixed.

Aesop
10-09-2009, 05:03 PM
as far as the name thing goes I think a lot of the problems may be coming from that.

People have the same name and that -1 after the name has always been a problem

Aesop

Kiranselie
10-09-2009, 06:02 PM

So after the fiasco of losing everything on my only 20th level toon on llama, i decided to try and respec a character thats been deleted on live servers for over 6 months. The trainer on the boat lets you train levels waaaay past level 4, and all my stuff was in my backpack from the beginning w/out ever talking to any minotaur. Just saying that neither time I used the respec mechanic did it work they way that you said it should :eek: