PDA

View Full Version : Just Thoughts

Xim
10-09-2009, 08:19 AM
So let me get this straight.

A Character will have to get to level 20 if they want to use the True Resurrection, then they get 2 more creation points, a feat, and a bigger body. If the person wants to True Resurrect his character again he would have to get to level 20 again then get another 2 more creation points, a feat, and a yet bigger body. All of this is for 4 creation points on this one character.

At least when turbine REWARDED everyone for attaining 1750 faction with 32 point builds it was for all of the characters on that server. It made the grind at least worth something seeing that every character would benefit from the 4 points for every character upon creation.

What are 4 more creation points going to give you now? Will you be able to adjust your dump stats and now make them respectful? Will you get from a 17 to an 18 upon creation? Most of the better characters out there are minimum/maximum builds so you won’t be able to increase the main attributes.

I don’t see the public using a dual resurrection just for the creation points but for the feats. I see the feats being more of an issue for the true resurrections. Don’t get me wrong the 4 creation points will be nice but not necessary.

The only thing that I don’t understand is what is with the size differences. Whose idea was this? I don’t think this was good time spent on development. I think the public would have loved to see this time spent on development of armor and/or gear customization.

Just my Thoughts!

nytewolf
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Another important part on this Xim is the fact only your name remains the same, you dont have to keep the same classes or alignment or sex or anything.

Thrudh
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
You don't have to do it if the costs outweigh the benefits...

The extra feat is a powerful incentive for me, plus being able to re-spec my classes.

I can only see me doing it once on two or three of my characters...

Zenako
10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Apparently Xim, you must have missed the thousands of posts from some players who were asking for almost exactly something like this. (in spirit at least).

A reward (for the character), since any reward that benefits the account, but not the character was deemed "broken" by many.

Will everyone want to do this? Hardly. Will those obsessed with being the best of the best do it. They are lining up in their trackshoes right now, to see who can be a Trz2 first. You betcha.

ArkoHighStar
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM
there will be many who will do this, especially those who tend to reroll when the nerf bat affects certain builds or when the game changes like the additional of tier 3 PrE's. This gives them the chance to reroll a character with a little less grind for loot, and just more grind for xp, which they would do anyway.The los of tomes is the equivalent of creating a new character.

Xim
10-09-2009, 09:44 AM
What I was trying to say is that I don't feel that the 4 creation points are really worth that much because of the cost to increase attributes. I think people are dwelling too much on this one topic but IMO think that the feats are much more valuable. Being that many builds are mutts for the ability to have more feats.

I guess I’ll just wait to see what feats are going to be available for the TR.

Zenako
10-09-2009, 09:48 AM
What I was trying to say is that I don't feel that the 4 creation points are really worth that much because of the cost to increase attributes. I think people are dwelling too much on this one topic but IMO think that the feats are much more valuable. Being that many builds are mutts for the ability to have more feats.

I guess I’ll just wait to see what feats are going to be available for the TR.

Go to the True Rein thread, Eladrin has given a preview there...

New light on things...hmmmm