PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation Issues That Require Clarification

SimVerg
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
So people can stop cluttering the True Reincarnation thread with issues raised 16 pages prior.

1. Drow; currently considered 28 point builds(so they get 6 points from a true reinc) or 32 point builds(so they get 2 points)?
2. Backpack/Bank loss; What happens to items in backpack/bank slots that are lost when favor is reset?
3. Will 2 True Reincarnates always be the cap per character, or will it be possible to change race/class(with or without the bonus points) when additional classes/races are added in the future?
4. What are the past-life feats and will 2 be available if you reincarnate twice or only one? Answered:http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2473128&postcount=330 among other posts.
5. Does a 34 pointer cap at 18 in a given stat(or 20 with racial bonus)?
6. Do you gain the character favor milestone Turbine Points for a reincarnated character that already got them(so if I reincarnate a character with 2k favor will I get 25 TP at 100 favor)?
7. How is the dominant class in a 10/10 split handled(or are both available)?
8. Can you get the same past-life feat twice if you true reincarnate as the same class twice?

Post more.

Samadhi
10-09-2009, 10:21 AM
If I True Reincarnate my character with 2600 favor, do I lose all the favor privileges for my account that went along with this favor since the rest of my toons have horrible favor?

MDS_Geist
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Can we do a true reincarnation with veteran status to start at level 4?

BlueBadger
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
once favor is unlocked for the server, it stays unlocked for the server, always has been like this and they can't change it now without causing serious problems so don't expect it to ever change...

the past life feats have been described in the true reincarnate thread just recently, we now just need to know what the next level of feats that have these as pre reqs are....

Quikster
10-09-2009, 10:36 AM
once favor is unlocked for the server, it stays unlocked for the server, always has been like this and they can't change it now without causing serious problems so don't expect it to ever change...

the past life feats have been described in the true reincarnate thread just recently, we now just need to know what the next level of feats that have these as pre reqs are.... so Ron can get to work on a new planner

J/K Ron, but I can see the requests starting soon. I was on the phone with a buddy last night talking about this, the first thing he said was, "Poor Ron!" :D

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
If I True Reincarnate my character with 2600 favor, do I lose all the favor privileges for my account that went along with this favor since the rest of my toons have horrible favor?

No, server-wide favor bonuses are unlocked permanently.

Can we do a true reincarnation with veteran status to start at level 4?

No.

amyndris
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
N/m, didn't know past life feats were described already :)

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Do we know what the past life feats are yet?

Me and my buddy have been kicking around ideas and the 2 best ideas that we came up with are :
1) You get 1 extra feat slot at character creation that you can pick from previous feats
2) You gain Past Life: Sorcerer (+10 SP/level), Past Life: Fighter (Pick 1 extra Martial Feat at character creation) or other class specific "Special" feats that give you bonuses.

Eladrin has posted some clarification(http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2473128&postcount=330) and you get the ability to spend a feat on later feats which are not yet known.

Mav145
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone got a link to the past-life feats - sick of scrolling through all of those pages and tried to search tolero and tarrant posts only and still no luck.

Edit: Nevermind.

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone got a link to the past-life feats - sick of scrolling through all of those pages and tried to search tolero and tarrant posts only and still no luck.

Post above you or original post for the free feats, no list of deeper feats yet.

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
If you are multiclassed, do you still get past life feats? Or must you be a pure class to qualify for past life? If you do qualify, how is it determined which class is used?

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 11:34 AM
If you are multiclassed, do you still get past life feats? Or must you be a pure class to qualify for past life? If you do qualify, how is it determined which class is used?

Per Eladrin, it's based on "dominant" class. Not sure how that will work for 10/10, so added!

Samadhi
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM

They already ruled that the highest class would be the one you would get. No answer as to if you made a perfect 10/10 split class though :P

nytewolf
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
My guess would be on even split they go alphabetically.

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Per Eladrin, it's based on "dominant" class. Not sure how that will work for 10/10, so added!

TYVM, must have missed that post.

kingfisher
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
They already ruled that the highest class would be the one you would get. No answer as to if you made a perfect 10/10 split class though :P

or 7/7/6 or 8/8/4

Aspenor
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
or 7/7/6 or 8/8/4

My first guess would be the last class taken, as that's your icon (if I remember correctly).

lanthan
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I would guess that it takes whatever class you have the icon of in the group window.

Samadhi
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
My first guess would be the last class taken, as that's your icon (if I remember correctly).

That would be my first guess :/ - but ya clarification would be a bonus!

Would make more sense to me to just let any multiclassed toon pick (cause my 10 rogue, 7 barbarian, 1 ftr is definitely more like a barbarian than a rogue) which one they want out of the classes they have.

spifflove
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Do these stack? If i level a rogue then a barb then creat a 36 pt character will I have 2 past life feats or only one? Do these come at a cost to your other feats or are they extra?

SimVerg
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Do these stack? If i level a rogue then a barb then creat a 36 pt character will I have 2 past life feats or only one? Do these come at a cost to your other feats or are they extra?

The base feats(which you can get 2 of) are bonus. Their are supposed to be extras which you will need to spend a feat slot on.

noinfo
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

the past life feats have been described in the true reincarnate thread just recently, we now just need to know what the next level of feats that have these as pre reqs are....

Except when it has bugged in the past and you have had to retalk to nix again with favour toon to re-unlock it.