PDA

View Full Version : Any good news for monks?

manfredshw
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
any change on monks ki strike, weapon, feats,and finish move? any new finish moves? Got any bug fix on unarmed attack? monk need love, Come on!

Memnir
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
They said they were putting more named handwraps in Necro II - but no specifics.

Kintro
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
They said they were putting more named handwraps in Necro II - but no specifics.

Hoping those are the ones that were meant to be in Wrath of Flame. The silver ones.

Although I like pretty much everything in the release notes I'm a little disappointed there's no mention of Monk PrEs. Do you think we could get a preview of them at least so we can figure out which ToD set we're looking for? At the moment the Oremi's set looks very weak but without knowing the PrEs I don't want to waste resources crafting on either.

EDIT: Just realised the Ninja Spy set is Monk too. Isn't the necklace for that a bit poor considering at 19 Monks get Empty Body? Also with Monk AC the last thing I want is less threat!

manfredshw
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
the most important thing:

Does weighted handwraps add dc to stunning fist and stunning blow?

I am tried to mention this, and I know it is out there in known issues, but the fact is: how many months past, we still got no fix on this.

Borror0
10-08-2009, 10:38 PM
*shake magic eight ball*

GhostNull
10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
*shake magic eight ball*

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd259/gobbleinwoods/outlook-not-good.jpg

QuantumFX
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
OP: The good news is that pure monks, once again, avoided the nerf bat.

bobbryan2
10-08-2009, 10:51 PM
OP: The good news is that pure monks, once again, avoided the nerf bat.

Once again? I'm pretty sure the transmuting nerf slapped pure monks down so hard they forgot they were gimped to begin with.

QuantumFX
10-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Once again? I'm pretty sure the transmuting nerf slapped pure monks down so hard they forgot they were gimped to begin with.

You should have invested in the slippery mind feat. It should allow you to reroll a failed sarcasm check.

manfredshw
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Monk got stealth nerf for every single patch recently.

EU patch 1: twf with weapons: 2 2 2 3 monk unarmed: 2 2 2 2, and attack speed scaled at bab15
EU patch 2: twf with weapons: mobile attack got two rolls, monk unarmed: loss one attack hook everytime while you move

Tell me why treat monks unfair while we got the same twf feats.

Monk got too many flaws need to fix. Monk do not need to nerf, they are perma-nerf, at least now.

end game enviroment, with two tod rings monk dps will be good only at normal, monks are nearly useless above normal diff due to the dr bypass issue.

I know monks dps is not supposed to be the best, but as a melee class, you should have considerable dps.

Let's look at fours stances, and finish moves, all these details need somehow improvement.

Monkey_Archer
10-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Monk do not need to nerf, they are perma-nerf

lol.. man, thats bio worthy :D

But seriously, at the very least, i hope they fix the finsihing move problems, and make weighted work.

Auran82
10-09-2009, 04:53 AM
The best thing they are getting that I have seen so far is the ability to TR at level 20 into a more useful class.

Timjc86
10-09-2009, 06:38 AM
There are supposedly transmuting handwraps finally. I'd wait until actually seeing them to get too excited though.

Turial
10-09-2009, 07:30 AM
*shake magic eight ball*

*Eaten by Cube*