PDA

View Full Version : Gahh! You did not think this through, devs!

JayDubya
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Come on, new high level quests in the HARBOR????? You mean I am going to have to wade through that cesspoll of WTS +1 greataxe and "where can I find Fred?" and "Where do I find a leveling sigil?" and "how much is a string of prayer beads worth?"

GAHHHH!!!

moorewr
10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Excellent.. embrace your anger...

Saice
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM

draw power from it ...

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I imagine it will be another instance something like lower harbor

Missing_Minds
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Come on, new high level quests in the HARBOR????? You mean I am going to have to wade through that cesspoll of WTS +1 greataxe and "where can I find Fred?" and "Where do I find a leveling sigil?" and "how much is a string of prayer beads worth?"

GAHHHH!!!

You forgot... "How do I get invasion tokens?" "What do I do with invasion tokens?"

MrWizard
10-09-2009, 04:30 AM
jay....really.....you use general chat?
really?

I do not think i have looked at that since mid 2006.
Except for that one event when they were trying to give a vorpal away and the dev got all mad and left.

GlassCannon
10-09-2009, 04:39 AM
I find it endearing to do what I started in MOD 1: Help new players.

The F2P environment gives me the chance to do that again, though I really would prefer to be able to avoid questing with them, due to a massive gap in experience and playstyle.

-Satureon-
10-09-2009, 07:06 AM

GAHHHH!!!

Just set your settings on the right way and you'll be fine.:)

Kerrn_Siff
10-09-2009, 07:33 AM

The F2P environment gives me the chance to do that again, .

I too enjoy smearing sensitive body parts in hot tar and crushed glass then slamming said appendage in door jams over and over again.. I'm so grateful to have the chance to do this every time I login..

Memnir
10-09-2009, 07:33 AM
I turn Gen Chat, Trade, and now Advice off whenever I go into the Marketplace & Harbor these days. Well, actually, I turned Trade off about an hour after Unlimited launched - the other two hung around for a while. I'm a friendly and helpful person - but I hit my saturation point, and it was either I tune out the babble or hate logging in. I'll help the new folks I group with - but I'm done with the public chat.

Hendrik
10-09-2009, 07:59 AM

GAHHHH!!!

No.

Turn off General - no froob noise.

;)

Tolero
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
It's where the Redrian embassy is located. *flips to the page in the book City o' Stormreach* right there. Granted the wavecrest moved out but...

rimble
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
It's where the Redrian embassy is located. *flips to the page in the book City o' Stormreach* right there. Granted the wavecrest moved out but...

Oh great, now we're going to go around putting our faith in 'books'. Nothing good ever came from reading a 'book'.

WeaselKing
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM

GAHHHH!!!

You still have general chat on your screen?

Xaearth
10-09-2009, 02:17 PM
You still have general chat on your screen?

Gen chat is like gen pop...
It's all fun and games till somebody gets shanked. :cool:

Bartikus
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm a friendly and helpful person

This post is suspect, however, I'm not quite ready to declare it "Fail".

moorewr
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I brief tour of Lamannia leads me to point out that your only risk of infection by the New Masses is during your transit from the Market to the Inspired Quarter (it is a separate zone). I recommend Haste and a Disease immunity item.

Yay!

From what I've seen you got this one right - it has a great Eberron feel. plus some fun for us incurable roof-climbers.. Kudos...

Tyrande
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM

GAHHHH!!!

Just wear your +5 Sunscreen goggles of Deafness and apply +5 Suntan lotion of dexterity and you'll be fine, really. ;)

mediocresurgeon
10-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Holy ****! The Devs actually reference the Eberron books? I had no idea (not even a hint) and I've been playing this game since 2006!

Good job! I think the Devs have finally started down the correct path.

Now, if only we had to go to Karnath for that Madstone...
(*hint* Give us access to Khorvaire!)

Barumar
10-09-2009, 02:56 PM

GAHHHH!!!

I actually thought they might have done it on purpose to encourage the newbs :D.

Check out those lvl 20's in all that UBER gear - that kind of thing...

Barumar

Draccus
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
How to start a new character as an experienced player:

1. Create Character.
2. Load into Korthos Island.
3. Disable Hints
4. Turn off general chat
5. Turn off trade chat
6. Turn off advice chat
7. Ignore group invites
8. Ignore guild invites
9. Hit "G" To disable auto targeting
10. Turn OFF all targeting options for breakables and useables
11. Talk to Jeets, skip tutorial

Tolero
10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Holy ****! The Devs actually reference the Eberron books? I had no idea (not even a hint) and I've been playing this game since 2006!

It's kind of the other way around (nat gann and three fingered thad even has a mention in the book, tee hee!). But these days it's more or less a muddle of us to them, them to us. The fun of working together! :)

Lithic
10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Everyone here is forgetting the most important part. The harbour has been lacking a teleport option for 3.5+years. Come on devs, get on it :D

Borror0
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
The City of Stormreach book was written according to Turbine's interpretation of the city in DDO.

Baker had to explain why there are kobolds in Stormreach but nowhere else in Eberron, for example.

Belwaar
10-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I think it's pretty cool that they're putting the new high level stuff in the harbor.

But yes I agree...we NEED a teleport!!! :D:p:D

Nahual
10-09-2009, 03:25 PM
It is just the way the Devs tell us that no matter how many lvl 20s you have you are still a newb!! :P

sephiroth1084
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I think it's pretty cool that they're putting the new high level stuff in the harbor.

But yes I agree...we NEED a teleport!!! :D:p:D

We need a teleport to the Reaver's Refuge, the Harbor, Amrath (having a few months with running or hopping the soul train is fine, but not as long as we've gone without for the Refuge).

Belwaar
10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
We need a teleport to the Reaver's Refuge, the Harbor, Amrath (having a few months with running or hopping the soul train is fine, but not as long as we've gone without for the Refuge).

While I agree with you on the RR and Harbor, I don't think we'll ever see one to Amrath, just because it's on a different plane.

It would be cool to have multiple Planescaper (or whatever they're called) guys around the Stormreach area.

Oh yeah, add Meridia to that list por favor! :D:p:D

QuantumFX
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
It's kind of the other way around (nat gann and three fingered thad even has a mention in the book, tee hee!). But these days it's more or less a muddle of us to them, them to us. The fun of working together! :)

So does this mean we will see some Eberron based monk feats in the final version of Update 1?

Borror0
10-09-2009, 09:11 PM
So does this mean we will see some Eberron based monk feats in the final version of Update 1?
If you used Update 1 as a metaphor for "dreams" then yes.

Hambo
10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh great, now we're going to go around putting our faith in 'books'. Nothing good ever came from reading a 'book'.

That's not true...

Without books you have to REALLY work to start a campfire... :D

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 01:22 PM
How to start a new character as an experienced player:

1. Create Character.
2. Load into Korthos Island.
3. Disable Hints
4. Turn off general chat
5. Turn off trade chat
6. Turn off advice chat
7. Ignore group invites
8. Ignore guild invites
9. Hit "G" To disable auto targeting
10. Turn OFF all targeting options for breakables and useables
11. Talk to Jeets, skip tutorial

Turning off all the chat options is sort of a **** move - new players need help, experienced players should help them.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 01:23 PM

GAHHHH!!!

Maybe they should've put it in Korthos. Turn it off, or be helpful to people.
You were a n00b once, too.

Ranmaru2
10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Turning off all the chat options is sort of a **** move - new players need help, experienced players should help them.

The problem with this statement is that I've seen plenty of people try to help out in the advice channel only to be told off by the newcomers calling the person a smart ass or any other assortment of insulting words. We will help only those willing to receive help, not just the ****** bags who think they're the greatest thing under the son and have only been playing for 1 month, or come from other MMOs and are already niche grouping builds - ex. my friend got denied for a group looking for a tank on a 11 rgr/1 ftr/1 mnk build being told that he's basically a rogue.

Some of them are open minded individuals who will listen to what we tell 'em, but a lot turn out to be like the person above who turned down a person without a splash of rogue under false pretenses.

FoggyKnight
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Good job! I think the Devs have finally started down the correct path.

Now, if only we had to go to Karnath for that Madstone...
(*hint* Give us access to Khorvaire!)

Wait, Stormreach is in one of the books?! NOO! I have been missing out on stuff I could read! And reference! And sound like a total geek on! You know...more so than usual

Arnya
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Then new players should stop abusing anyone who tells them they are full of it and to stop spouting rubbish in general chat.

New players should listen when told not to spam general with LFMs and trades for vendor trash.

This is why nobody listens to general any more - we can't stand all the swill in the channels.

So, anything you read in general chat is probably another newb talking out his arse.

I do exactly what Draccus did except I 'Send tell to guildie to get guilded' instead of blocking invites :)

JayDubya
10-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Maybe they should've put it in Korthos. Turn it off, or be helpful to people.
You were a n00b once, too.

Again, my whimsically dry sense of humor fails me.

(I have spent several hours helping people on Korthos and in the Harbor)

Tyrande
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
While I agree with you on the RR and Harbor, I don't think we'll ever see one to Amrath, just because it's on a different plane.

It would be cool to have multiple Planescaper (or whatever they're called) guys around the Stormreach area.

Oh yeah, add Meridia to that list por favor! :D:p:D

I thought Meridia is already on the list.

As for Amrath, may be there should be a new spell or enhancement created: Planes Calling invented to teleport to Amrath and back to various Eberron locations, and future locations like planes of Lamannia and Dolrruh and/or wherever in the list of planes in the Prison of the Planes quest.

foxx
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM

oh , now you use a book for referance.
you just opend a can of werms tol.
all the purists are goona latch on and Pnp, Pnp.
you relize how long it's going to take to re train them<GRIN>

moorewr
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM

As for Amrath, may be there should be a new spell or enhancement created: Planes Calling invented to teleport to Amrath and back to various Eberron locations, and future locations like planes of Lamannia and Dolrruh and/or wherever in the list of planes in the Prison of the Planes quest.

The spells Plane Shift and Gate are the PnP solutions for this.

MissErres
10-12-2009, 01:04 PM

GAHHHH!!!

Chat is the least of the problem (have that turned off ;)), have you been to the harbor lately? Hell, it takes 20 minutes just to get thru the damn place from all the lag!

(I also wonder how many new people have read this thread and realized that most of us ol' timers have turned off public chat and it won't do them much good at higher levels.... :p)

Belwaar
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM

I meant for us non-UMD melee types ;)

Tyrande
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I meant for us non-UMD melee types ;)

Problem solved: put it on the list of greater teleport and make planar shift or gate a party buff.

Belwaar
10-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Problem solved: put it on the list of greater teleport and make planar shift or gate a party buff.

I'd bet that is what's going to happen, in the GT area.

But I'm thinking about like how you tele to GH. It'd be nice to go talk to a guy and have him/her teleport you to Meridia, RR, etc.

Tyrande
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd bet that is what's going to happen, in the GT area.

But I'm thinking about like how you tele to GH. It'd be nice to go talk to a guy and have him/her teleport you to Meridia, RR, etc.

There is always someone that doesn't like the idea of not exploring and finding the place and then just use the lazy teleport. Mages in the party teleport for free, even if they have to use a scroll. I think they should at least charge the party for the nominal fee of the scroll to deduct automatically from the been teleported members into their bank account.

Of course, clerics or casters would say that if they drink a mana potion, lets all deduct automatically the nominal cost of that potion from the members of the raid party by divvying the cost up and depositing into the drinker's bank account.

DasLurch
10-12-2009, 11:45 PM

That comment....

Priceless! :D

+1 rep for you!

Delt
10-13-2009, 01:22 AM

Well, now the folks on Argo know who to blame for the poor quality of upcoming noobies.

Uska
10-13-2009, 02:16 AM

True then its Hilarious

echo1234
10-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Remember when the Inspired Quarter used to be the Stormreach Port? Remember when all of the quests in that area were 1st level?http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

knightgf
10-31-2009, 09:59 PM

draw power from it ...

And turn to the dark side!

You will join us or die!

penumbra
11-01-2009, 01:20 AM

permanent stat increases come from books... ;)

malthusian01
11-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Do not forget the constant WoW vs Aion vs Guild Wars vs DDO vs Runescape battles. Yes, I have seen Runescape battles.