PDA

View Full Version : Alignment change only available with true reincarnation????

Fennario
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Lame. I have at least two characters whose only flaws are their alignment.

One is my neutral ranger who was built long before monk was available and would like to splash 1 level of monk.

Please add alignment change to at least the greater reincarnation level.

I have absolutely no desire to level up these characters again.

Thanks.

alelizio
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
i totally agree. some of us don't have the money to buy a monk, and would like to multiclass as one. there should be a way to change your alignment, like doing a quest for a NPC.

TreknaQudane
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
i totally agree. some of us don't have the money to buy a monk, and would like to multiclass as one. there should be a way to change your alignment, like doing a quest for a NPC.

You still can't multiclass as one if you haven't purchased the class (or are a VIP)

Auran82
10-08-2009, 07:36 PM
If anything we should be able to do something (quest, fred like character) to push our alignment toward another over time.

Thinking of NWN here where your actions could push you into another alignment if you weren't careful.

Asketes
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
true reincarnation = rebirth

greater/lesser = new decisions

aren't you born an alignment instead of choosing one?

just a though, i have no idea if I am right or wrong

Auran82
10-08-2009, 07:48 PM
true reincarnation = rebirth

greater/lesser = new decisions

just a though, i have no idea if I am right or wrong

Changing alignment over time isn't really that hard to imagine, if anything, maybe have it on a timer and only allow you to make one step at a time. ie - Neutral good -> Lawful/chaotic good, lawful good -> Lawful neutral.

Borror0
10-08-2009, 08:10 PM
No, you are not. As a matter of fact, your alignment can change during gameplay in D&D depending on your actions.

Turial
10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
No, you are not. As a matter of fact, your alignment can change during gameplay in D&D depending on your actions.

Yes, but cant you loose access to some class granted powers based on changes in alignments?

Borror0
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Yes, but cant you loose access to some class granted powers based on changes in alignments?
Ya, obviously but Turbine could restrict which alignments are available based on class.

For example if your level 1 was paladin, respeccing your alignment would be impossible. If your level 1 class was monk, only the other lawful alignment would be available.

Asketes
10-09-2009, 12:30 AM

ohhh well that makes total sense.. idk what i was thinking when i typed that you were born w/ an alignment.. ROFL @ me

Uska
10-09-2009, 12:44 AM

Umm if you dont have the money to buy a monk you wouldnt be able to multiclass as one either as you cant take monk lvls unless you buy monk

Uska
10-09-2009, 12:46 AM
sorry double