PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Lammania Release Notes

Mockduck
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Talk about Epic!

*Snip*

I got my Risia mixed up with my Lammania. Wasn't supposed to post them here. Sorry about that. Tolero or Tarrant (or the dreamy cube) can come in and delete-close or whatever if they need to. Not supposed to talk about it still, I guess. I thought that was just a pre-DDO:U thing.

Rambin
10-08-2009, 01:41 PM
There is only one way to describe this new upcomming update.

:)EPIC!!!:)

Gleipner
10-08-2009, 01:43 PM
This is how i like to see things evolve, i hope the testing goes well and it can be implemented on the servers a.s.a.p :)

BlueBadger
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
no mention of fixes for the abbot or all the new raid loot sets from TOD is kind of a bummer... unless they are now keeping content and bug fixes as separate updates...

the epic stuff looks good, more things to do that are worth while end game is good

the rerolling and being better is really good, other then I have SO many characters that it's now being a pain in the ass to play them all or to roll more when I'm going to just want to reroll some to make them even better...

I'm glad I never deleted a few of my 28 point buys who will now get the dust off of them and become 32 pointers and get respects...saves me a reroll there.... unless I end up rerolling them at 20 anyway... haha...

Donnie
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
hooj

wolfy42
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow!!

This makes me feel much better about staying VIP:)

I'll actually have things like expanded shared bank to spend point on.

Also true reincarnation is almost scary!!! Mega scary even hehe...2 extra creation points each time.....with no limit?

If the true heartwoods don't bind to your character (and even if it does it sounds like you can trade ingrediants for them) and there is no minimum level to true-reincarnate...couldn't someone just store up say 10 of them before reincarnating 10 times to start with a 52 point build?

Quite possible to eventually get enough creation points to max all your stats hehe.

Hmm how many would it take? 16 per stat * 6 stats = 96 creation points.

Thats alot of reincarnations1 with a 32 point base that is 32 reincarnations to "max" out a character with all 18 starting stats (before racial modifiers)

Letrii
10-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Am I understanding true reincarnation right? Can chain them together to keep adding an additional 2 build points?

Mockduck
10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
According to the notes and a comment by Tolero on the Lamm boards, you can do true resurrection twice, so up to 36 point builds. And drow up to 34, 36 if you count their stat bonuses.

RazorrX
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Sounds cool.

Most of the stuff sounds really great, the reincarnation thing is a bit scary, Raid loot will be harder to come by now as you can keep everything under the explanation of "oh I am not greedy, I was gonna reincarnate soon to (insert class)."

Hope that does not happen, most raid loot I have I did not pull.

Baltire
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
This is most likely a stupid question as I'm sure the answer is no, but since there is no mention of it I'd love to have a definite answer.

When using true reincarnation, do you keep any raid or bound gear on the character?

Also, do you get to "reuse" tomes that were used on the original build?

bandyman1
I'm stoked man!!!!

Respec options allows players to adjust to changes in the game, while addressing the main concern raised by those against them ( 20 barb to 20 wizard with one click. ).

Hair style changes are AWESOME!

And, best of all, MORE HIGH LEVEL CONTENT!!!!

What's not to love?

Cedwin
Am I understanding true reincarnation right? Can chain them together to keep adding an additional 2 build points?

will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level. True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation.

That's what it sounds like, "2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation", but I wonder if the amount of experience required to get to 20 increases for every reincarnation as well... :eek:

wolfy42
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
It's genious Letri...think about it.

I'm betting first you need to get to level 20...or at least to a certain high lvl to reincarnate..that is going to take time all by itself.

Then you have to find a heartwood or the ingrediants to trade for it...more time.

Then you re-incarnate and as it says it costs more exp for you to level up each time you do it.

Say it's 20% more exp each time you re-incarnate...that means it will take 20% more time for you to get your character back up each time.

By the 4th time you re-incarnate it will take twice as long to reach max level....and you only end up with 8 extra creation points for all that work.

To get a character with a 40 point base build it would take something like 1+ 1.2 + 1.4 + 1.6 + 1.8= 7 times as long as getting one character to cap right now. That is alot of time spent playing just one character...and even then you could always keep re-incarnating if you really wanted!!

What is more...you don't have to play the same class every time...so there is no reason to get bored doing the same thing over and over. In fact this in many ways makes all those character slots I have now semi-obsolete. Why keep all these different builds now when I can just re-incarnate them instead?

Gleipner
10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
This is most likely a stupid question as I'm sure the answer is no, but since there is no mention of it I'd love to have a definite answer.

When using true reincarnation, do you keep any raid or bound gear on the character?

Also, do you get to "reuse" tomes that were used on the original build?

Yes you keep the gear and no you loose used tomes.

bandyman1
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
It's genious Letri...think about it.

I'm betting first you need to get to level 20...or at least to a certain high lvl to reincarnate..that is going to take time all by itself.

Then you have to find a heartwood or the ingrediants to trade for it...more time.

Then you re-incarnate and as it says it costs more exp for you to level up each time you do it.

Say it's 20% more exp each time you re-incarnate...that means it will take 20% more time for you to get your character back up each time.

By the 4th time you re-incarnate it will take twice as long to reach max level....and you only end up with 8 extra creation points for all that work.

To get a character with a 40 point base build it would take something like 1+ 1.2 + 1.4 + 1.6 + 1.8= 7 times as long as getting one character to cap right now. That is alot of time spent playing just one character...and even then you could always keep re-incarnating if you really wanted!!

What is more...you don't have to play the same class every time...so there is no reason to get bored doing the same thing over and over. In fact this in many ways makes all those character slots I have now semi-obsolete. Why keep all these different builds now when I can just re-incarnate them instead?

Any given character can only True Reincarnate twice.

Baltire

I can deal with that, where did you get that info?

Dcloak
Here's the info you're missing on true reincarnate...

When you reincarnate, your character will become taller, you'll have a special status icon on your name, and you'll begin your "new life" in Stormreach with extra ability points! You may True Reincarnate a character up to two times, for a total of 36 points. You will also be given access to a "past life" feat, where influences of your previous character class can aid you in your new life/profession.

A character must be level 20 to True Reincarnate, and must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a True Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. True Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store, or earned by collecting epic tokens in the new Epic difficulty dungeons.

Gleipner
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I can deal with that, where did you get that info?

From the man him self ;)

True Reincarnation characters keep their equipment (even bound to character equipment), get taller, and increase in base stat points. They do not retain favor, XP (you start over again at level 1), or bonuses from previously used ("eaten") tomes.

Cedwin
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Here's the info you're missing on true reincarnate...

So it's kinda like prestige levels in CoD (Call of Duty)? Start over at level 1 until you get to 20, then start over again. I wonder if you'll be even taller after your 2nd reincarnation, since the height of the character seems to be what they are going to use to display that you are reincarnated.

Omega2K
10-08-2009, 02:18 PM

Hrmmm... Now that is a pitfall to lose all your Inherent Ability Bonuses from Tomes or the Djinni Birthday Cake... My Main Character is really the only toon I would want to invest the time to Reincarnate/Respec but he has almost all +3 Tomes. And potentially he'll lose Skill Points because he won't be able to eat a +2 INT Tome until Level 7 (unless I happen to have one without a Character Level Requirement).

So we take the good with the bad and wonder if it will really be worth it... +2 Build Points won't add nearly anything to your more important Abilities since they are probably already at 16, 17, or 18 from your original Character Creation. So that means you have to invest those two points in your mediocre Abilities instead... So now what do you really get? A larger toon? One that might not be able to jump or manuever as easily? My Main Character is a Warforged and he already has a few places that are tight to squeeze through... Imagine trying to navigate the Spikes in the Storm Reaver Raid when you are even larger...

Undecided.

But I do like the Epic Level Raids and gear upgrades. ;)

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
umm... aren't these suppose to only be on Lama, and not in general?

Gleipner
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hrmmm... Now that is a pitfall to lose all your Inherent Ability Bonuses from Tomes or the Djinni Birthday Cake... My Main Character is really the only toon I would want to invest the time to Reincarnate/Respec but he has almost all +3 Tomes. And potentially he'll lose Skill Points because he won't be able to eat a +2 INT Tome until Level 7 (unless I happen to have one without a Character Level Requirement).

So we take the good with the bad and wonder if it will really be worth it... +2 Build Points won't add nearly anything to your more important Abilities since they are probably already at 16, 17, or 18 from your original Character Creation. So that means you have to invest those two points in your mediocre Abilities instead... So now what do you really get? A larger toon? One that might not be able to jump or manuever as easily? My Main Character is a Warforged and he already has a few places that are tight to squeeze through... Imagine trying to navigate the Spikes in the Storm Reaver Raid when you are even larger...

Undecided.

But I do like the Epid Level Raids and gear upgrades. ;)

Well if you have bound tomes (raid tomes) sitting in the bank you keep them, and i know of people who acctually have that.

Dcloak
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
From the woman herself ;)

Fixed for you.

Baltire
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM

Undecided.

But I do like the Epid Level Raids and gear upgrades. ;)

Unless, like my build, you had 1 throw away point that you put into a stat that wasn't needed. That point plus the 2 extra ca easily go towards 1 point into one of my 3 main stats.

Some builds it may not be worth it, others it may change a great deal.

Baltire
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Well if you have bound tomes (raid tomes) sitting in the bank you keep them, and i know of people who acctually have that.

Ohhh, good call.......time to start stockpiling :)

Letrii
10-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I may have missed it, but where did you say 2 reincarnate limit?

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I may have missed it, but where did you say 2 reincarnate limit?

in the official discussion thread of True Reincarnation. the others do not have limits.

Ephemeral
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I'd really like to know the precise details of access to past life feats - this could really open up a whole new category of builds depending on what can be 'inherited'.

Time to prep a few characters on live before the new update I guess :)

wolfy42
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't forget you can also true reincarnate previous 28 point builds giving you a 6 creation point bonus for that character.

I'm curious how much the exp penalty is.....but there is so much exp available now in game that I don't think it really matters that much.

Also will we get additional favor for playing quests on Epic level difficulty?

I have to rethink the new characters I was playing up right now though as it may be better to just go with reincarnated characters instead. Argh.

I wonder how long it will be till these go live.

Quanefel

No more letting other people roll on raid items or raid tomes anymore. Good.

Baltire
I'd really like to know the precise details of access to past life feats - this could really open up a whole new category of builds depending on what can be 'inherited'.

Time to prep a few characters on live before the new update I guess :)

I agree, and also, what lvl are they granted and do the normal requirements apply?

Zenako
10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm curious how much the exp penalty is.....but there is so much exp available now in game that I don't think it really matters that much.

come on man..smell the roses.

Lets suggest something like a 20% penalty on earned experience. Offset that with an EXP pot from the store and you are back to normal. Got it....think like a marketing type...:)

Gleipner
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
No more letting other people roll on raid items or raid tomes anymore. Good.

:) well if your rerolling your sorc to a new better sorc (insert calss your going to reroll as) there is noneed to keep that SoS or tharnes googles etc etc so with a fair amount of comon sense the items will be up for grabs/roll and in guild/friend runs so will the tomes.

Thou in pug-raids the scene might be another i have to admit.

Ephemeral
10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree, and also, what lvl are they granted and do the normal requirements apply?

The key feat as far as I can see here is evasion, and I cannot believe that it would be allowed as a past life feat.

However, even adding say 1 feat per true reincarnation could be a huge power boost to characters, particularly for feat starved classes.

lexinator
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
How To Reincarnate

In order to reincarnate, you'll need to speak with Kruz the Reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. He can be found at the top of the stairs in the south west garden. Kruz requires an item known as a "heart of wood" in order to reincarnate you. Hearts of wood can be purchased in the DDO Store. True Hearts of Wood for True Reincarnation can also be earned by trading Epic quest tokens for a True Heart of wood.

So this "heart of wood" that you buy at the store will give you the same benefit as a True Hearts of Wood from Epic quests?

Zenako
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
The key feat as far as I can see here is evasion, and I cannot believe that it would be allowed as a past life feat.

However, even adding say 1 feat per true reincarnation could be a huge power boost to characters, particularly for feat starved classes.

What I strongly suspect and hope is that the "free feat" will come from just the Character Level Feats you have, not a CLass Level Feat bonus. So since you cannot choose EVASION as a character feat, it would not be on the list you get for past life feats.

Mockduck
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
A true reincarnation lets the player recreate a more powerful character and change anything about them (except for the name and gender), including their class and race. Tapping into memories of their former selves, true reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend in character generation as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats. Each True generation will also be physically larger than previous generations (you're welcome Halflings!). True reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level. True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation, and are always base 32 point, even if the character was initially created as a 28 point.

When you reincarnate, your character will become taller, you'll have a special status icon on your name, and you'll begin your "new life" in Stormreach with extra ability points! You may True Reincarnate a character up to two times, for a total of 36 points. You will also be given access to a "past life" feat, where influences of your previous character class can aid you in your new life/profession.

A character must be level 20 to True Reincarnate, and must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a True Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. True Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store, or earned by collecting epic tokens in the new Epic difficulty dungeons.

From Tolero (Lammania dev tracker). You must be level 20 to do true reincarnate.

wolfy42
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
It could open up weapon specializations and maybe even allow you to raise previous skills you had as a cross class skill (UMD as a cross class skill for anyone without rogue levels would make sense in a way).

Heh could you imagine if you got monk wisdom ac bonus as any class etc?

Anyway the whole thing sounds awesome to me.

Angelus_dead
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
This level 17 to 19 adventure pack includes 5 hand-crafted adventures! Adventurers seeking to confront the Path of Inspiration should visit the lower harbor district.
Level 17 to 19? Meaning not level 20? Meaning lower than the existing Shavarath pack?

Failure.

Henrieta
10-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I wish for new level "20" quests and a new raid by December.

Quanefel
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
come on man..smell the roses.

Lets suggest something like a 20% penalty on earned experience. Offset that with an EXP pot from the store and you are back to normal. Got it....think like a marketing type...:)

Exactly. Like a store announcing a "sale", that a few days before they jacked up their prices the exact amount they offer as their discount sale. Perfect, eh?

BurnerD
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
pretty impressive list of changes.

Hopefully it gets through beta pretty quickly.

So basically if you want to change your class composition (go from MC to Pure) of a chracter you take the true reincarnation route... correct?

Mockduck
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
umm... aren't these suppose to only be on Lama, and not in general?

You raise a good point! See OP for edit.

Garioc
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
So basically if you want to change your class composition (go from MC to Pure) of a chracter you take the true reincarnation route... correct?

Not necessarily. In a nutshell...

Lesser - Fixes "boo boo's" in builds. Same experience and favor. Rebuild to current level with same starting build points and same initial starting class.

Greater - As lesser, but allows to upgrade from 28 to 32.

True - Epic restart. Go back to 1 and play the game again with extra build points...

DoctorWhofan
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the preview Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted Thursday, October 8th 2009. Please note that these preview release notes are subject to changes and additions.

News & Notes

The old Harbor area is open again after months of renovation. Experienced adventurers can travel there to investigate a mysterious organization called the Path of Inspiration. For those looking for a lifestyle change, an orc named Kruz has settled in House Jorasco offering you an alternative path through the process of reincarnation. Still looking to get the marrow out of life? Stormreach’s battle-hardened veterans report that the adventures in Menechtarun can be even more Epic than before.

Of Special Note

New Adventure Packs
The Path of Inspiration

When the Inspired from the distant city of Dar Qat offered to renovate Stormreach’s old Harbor they said they were interested only in trade and friendship. But are the Inspired a dream come true or a sinister nightmare? Explore five new dungeons that will take you beneath the Harbor, to a savage island, and into your own mind as you track down the Inspired’s terrible secret.
Rescue a Coin Lord spy to receive vital information regarding the Path of Inspiration cult.
Free the son of Coin Lord Graden Wylkes and others from their imprisonment before they can be brainwashed.
Discover the fate of the Rogue Jeets Shimis after his time with the Path of Inspiration.
Enter into the mind of a Stormreach hero, battle his inner Ego and release him from his mental captivity.
Break into the Dar Qat trade mission to destroy the Dreaming Dark's secret weapon.
This level 17 to 19 adventure pack includes 5 hand-crafted adventures! Adventurers seeking to confront the Path of Inspiration should visit the lower harbor district.

NicE!!! I like!

New Store Items & Features

Hair styles & Hair Reversal Tonics

It is now possible to change your character's hair style thanks to the magic of hair style tonics! Whether you're looking to make your hair shorter, longer, or specially styled, hair style tonics will change your character's hair right in the game. Exclusive styles, found only in the DDO Store, are available for male and female characters.

WOOT! A barber, finally!

In addition, if you'd like to return to your original hair color and/or style, we now offer Hair Reversal Tonics in the DDO Store! Using the tonics you may:
Reverse your hair color to the original color your character had at character creation.
Reverse your hair style to the original style your character had at character creation.
Reverse both the color and style to the original your character had at character creation.
All available hair products can be found in the Cosmetics category of the DDO Store!

YES!

32 Point Character Creation

You may now unlock the ability to create a character who begins with 32 ability points instead of 28 by earning 1750 favor or with Turbine Points in the DDO Store! 32 Point Build Characters can be found in the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

???? I dislike this alot!! It better be VERY EXPENSIVE.

More Shared Bank Space

You can now increase the size of your shared bank by 10 slots in the DDO Store! Extra shared bank space can be found under the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

NICE!

Hireling Contracts Folder
Running out of room for your Hireling contracts? Hireling Contracts Folders are now available for all your contract storage needs! These special containers come in multiple sizes and can hold contracts in stacks based on the size of the folder.
A small folder can hold up to two types of Hirelings in stacks of 3.
A medium folder can hold up to three types of Hirelings in stacks of 3.
A large folder can hold up to five types of Hirelings in stacks of 4.
A huge folder can hold up to eight types of Hirelings in stacks of 10.
When you're ready to use your hireling(s), pull out the contract from the folder and activate it. Once activated, a Hireling contract cannot be returned to the folder. You may move contracts in and out of the folder so long as they have not been activated. Contract folders are bound to character and able to be stored in your regular character bank.

To purchase Hireling Contracts Folders visit the Gear & Equipment category of the DDO Store.

NICE!

Epic Dungeons

Ever wished you could run one of your favorite mid-game dungeons at a higher level, have it be challenging, and receive awesome loot for it? With Epic Dungeons, now you can!
For Update 1, the Demon Sands Adventure Pack has received the Epic treatment. Five adventures in the Menechtarun Desert (including the Queen Lailat raid) can now be played in Epic difficulty.
Old favorite items that originated in these dungeons can be upgraded into powerful Epic versions by collecting rare scrolls, seals, and shards.
Epic rewards can be further customized with Epic Augment Crystals, permanently adding new effects to your items.
Epic dungeons and raids award special tokens that can be traded for Augment Crystals or True Reincarnation Tokens. See Misty in the Tower of the Twelve for more details!
All members of the party must be 20th level to enter on Epic difficulty.
This difficulty will only be unlocked if you have completed the dungeon/raid on Elite

?????!!!!!! AWESOME! I hope with future installments it will be more!

Introducing Reincarnation

The new Reincarnation system enables players to leverage their existing progress with one of their current characters in the game and allows players to revisit certain decisions made in that characters advancement or to create an all-new more powerful hero. All Reincarnated characters will retain the name and items from previous character incarnation.

True Reincarnation

A true reincarnation lets the player recreate a more powerful character and change anything about them (except for the name and gender), including their class and race. Tapping into memories of their former selves, true reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend in character generation as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats. Each True generation will also be physically larger than previous generations (you're welcome Halflings!). True reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level. True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation, and are always base 32 point, even if the character was initially created as a 28 point.

Not as game breaking as I thought...

Lesser Reincarnation

A character that undergoes Lesser Reincarnation retains their race, gender, alignment, and the class they selected at level one. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feat selection, re-allocate skill points, spells, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, but reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation and must train the exact level progression of the old character.

Ok

Greater reincarnation

Greater reincarnation has the same benefits as Lesser Reincarnation, and additionally will upgrade a 28 point (non-drow) character into a 32 point build character.

Ok

How To Reincarnate

In order to reincarnate, you'll need to speak with Kruz the Reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. He can be found at the top of the stairs in the south west garden. Kruz requires an item known as a "heart of wood" in order to reincarnate you. Hearts of wood can be purchased in the DDO Store. True Hearts of Wood for True Reincarnation can also be earned by trading Epic quest tokens for a True Heart of wood.

I hope they are VERY EXPENSIVE to purchase at the DDO store...

Veteran Status

Do you enjoy making new characters, but tire of running the low-level content over and over again? If so, you'll love Veteran Status!
Players will be able to unlock the ability to create veteran characters which enter the game at level four.
Veteran Status Characters will enter directly to the Marketplace rather than playing through the Korthos experience.
Players must achieve 1000 favor to receive Veteran Status and speak with the Drow Elder, Nyx Durandimion. Alternatively, in lieu of favor, Veteran Status may be purchased in the DDO Store as long as you have a level 4 (or higher) character.

BOR-ing! BUt if added, no biggy for me

Greezix is no longer inside the Caverns of Shaagh. He bestows the Sacred Helm quest from inside the Steam Tunnels instead.

HOORAY!

Caverns of Shaagh

A chest has been added to the area where Greezix once was.

LOoT! AWESOME

Tangleroot Gorge

The Hobgoblins have called an electrician to fix some traps that were failing to go off on intruders.

??? All I can think is the arrow chest trap atthe end and the electric one in the throne room.

Necropolis Series Part 2

New handwraps have been added. Monls will be happy, I hope

General Quest Changes

Arlos, Coyle and several other NPCs will follow the last player who spoke with them.

Can we kill Coyle now?

Crafting

The Twelve have discovered a new eldritch device that is so powerful it could only be described as "epic". Members of the Twelve are seeking adventurers who are willing to gather materials for researching this device.

ohhh!! shiney!

Items

The Lorinthor's set bonus now functions as expected, dealing extra damage to evil outsiders instead of adding the Greater Evil Outsider Bane ability to monsters hit by a Knight of the Chalice wearing the entire set.
Amara's Belt now has the Exorcist of the Silver Flame set bonus.
Randomly generated transmuting handwraps now function. Really. Monks will be happy, finally
Chances for drops of prestige enhancement specific gear, as well as other treasure, in Shavarath have been evened out (previously some items were not dropping at appropriate rates)

Spells
Hezrou "allies" will no longer teleport blindly into rooms they cannot see.

Other Changes
Fixed an error causing some free players to have DDO Stormreach rather than DDO Unlimited chat and mail permissions.
A prankster was caught inappropriately levitating objects on the Harbor dock, and has been reprimanded.
Fixed Free Agents favor mail so it no longer refers to Gerald Goodblade. Lord Goodblade is busy elsewhere. really? Where is he now?

Wandering NPCs under the Marketplace tent will no longer get themselves tangled in the decorative swaths of fabric beneath the tent.

But I loved seeingthem halfway up the tent.

Honestly, I thought I was going to hate this. I changed my mind. As long as those reincarnation items are EXPENSIVE, then it will not be game breaking.

However, I think I will not put my Gimped Pally through the pain.

Angelus_dead
10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
What I strongly suspect and hope is that the "free feat" will come from just the Character Level Feats you have
I doubt it would even be that strong.

ThrasherGT
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
WOOT! I can finally "Fix" My 28 point Fighter/Rogue! WOOT!

moorewr
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
From the man him self ;)

Pssst.. Tolero is a she...

Cadaia
10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Pssst.. Tolero is a she...

How many times are we gonna have to clarify this?!? :eek:

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
no mention of fixes for the abbot or all the new raid loot sets from TOD is kind of a bummer... unless they are now keeping content and bug fixes as separate updates...

the epic stuff looks good, more things to do that are worth while end game is good

the rerolling and being better is really good, other then I have SO many characters that it's now being a pain in the ass to play them all or to roll more when I'm going to just want to reroll some to make them even better...

I'm glad I never deleted a few of my 28 point buys who will now get the dust off of them and become 32 pointers and get respects...saves me a reroll there.... unless I end up rerolling them at 20 anyway... haha...

so, the first quest chain to become Epic is a not a free chain? Very nice. :( I'm not buying Menechtarun on my live account, just so you know. As well as there may be a ton of beta people who didn't get Menechtarun the first time around .. I did, but a lot of people probably didn't. Because, frankly, the area is really, really, really boring.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 11:31 AM
so, the first quest chain to become Epic is a not a free chain? Very nice. :( I'm not buying Menechtarun on my live account, just so you know. As well as there may be a ton of beta people who didn't get Menechtarun the first time around .. I did, but a lot of people probably didn't. Because, frankly, the area is really, really, really boring.

That said, if I do get to level 20 I will probably run through it just to see it :) And I can't wait for other areas to get it too. Although I do wish it wasn't level 20 only for Epic.

Xenus_Paradox
10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
So, Lesser/Greater now allow you to pick different class levels aside from your first?

RyuAsnubi
10-12-2009, 01:51 AM
In regards to "THEY BETTER BE EXPENSIVE!" re: 32 Points and Reincarnation, keep in mind that the people who are most likely to buy this are the VIP's who signed up upon Unlimited's launch, or the VIP's who never were able to hit 1750 due to Alt-Itis. To overcharge 32 Point Builds just to make a buck would be an overall failure, if instead the price was resonable (Low enough that it would tempt the F2P Abusers, and the VIP's won't feel like they're paying even more, thus questioning if spending money on the game is worthwhile when the F2P cracks have figured out how to perfectly enjoy the entire game and not spend a dime.)

Then again, I am still strictly in favor of VIP's having a constant discount on every item in the Shop, to further give incentive to pay for the game than just F2P and purchase everything if you're a grinding nut.

The casual F2P'ers likely won't bust out the credit card on the 32 Builds, and definitely NOT the Reincarnations. Same goes for Veteran Status, seeing as their cap is level 4.

So, it basically comes down to two things: Overpricing all three horribly, making sales with only the truly lazy players, and thus creating "Questionable Profit".

Underpricing it (IE: + to All Tome Level), selling it to the VIP's (Where it matters), and then some F2P's who break from their "Projected Path" and spend a bit of money on the game.

Turbine's goal should be attracting people to spend more money on their game with fair/cheap priced items. The DDO Store doesn't cost them money to put these items up, so there is absolutely no reason to have ludicrous prices for anything they offer inside it. And while VIP's do get an allowance of points monthly, a constant discount would help create that gap between F2P Farm Shenanigans vs. VIP Loyalty.

Keep the prices low, within the same thought of Tomes (I won't touch any of this with a ten foot pole if it's $50+ Per Upgrade. 1750's grind isn't that bad, 1000 for Veteran is cake, and eh Reincarnations.) Or at least make some sort of special discount/deal for the VIP's to help further entice your F2P base to go "Well dang, it might just be worth it instead of abusing the Favor Rewards all day long!"