PDA

View Full Version : Price Guide

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Are there any AH price guides in the forums or elsewhere for the intangibly priced items which are vastly above their base value?

Dragonshards, Tomes of each stat +1:+4, named items, and so on?

Even a range would be helpful so I can know what starting prices to post at (so if you say "I have actually gotten ____ plat for ____ item", that would be a great help).

tihocan
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
It's really hard to tell because it's highly server dependent and varies a lot over time.
Your best bet is to look at similar items on the AH to check those that are not selling. Then you know you should start lower ;)

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, but you can never tell what IS selling because some people start auctions at random amounts to make it look like people are bidding.

I had a +1 tome of dex once and started it at 100k gold I think, and left buyout open. I don't remember how much the final sell was, but it sold. (Khyber).

TehSilence
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Are there any AH price guides in the forums or elsewhere for the intangibly priced items which are vastly above their base value?

I've never seen one, and if you found one you'd really need to be careful using it.

Game economies are similar to real life economies with their ebbs and flows, just on an incredibly faster scale. I like to work the auction house as sort of a "game within the game". The best advice I could give is just to watch it for yourself and learn the rhythm of how rare or valuable things get priced, and what they sell for.

AND... as a favor to the veterans out there, I encourage all auction house noobs to use the buyout feature.

Even if you think you're limiting what you might get by putting in a buyout, just make the buyout very high to the point where you'd be delirious if you sold it for that.

A lot of times, vets with loads of disposable income want/need something and they want/need it right now. If you have a buyout on your item and a vet wants it, they'll buy it even if it is overpriced (well, unless its priced just ridiculously high -- then it's a matter of principle). AND, if there are multiple like items, they'll obviously pick the item with the lowest buyout because they're not stupid. But if you don't have a buyout, you're auction cannot help them get what they need right now, and they'll pass your auction by so fast they'll have forgotten about it by the time they look at the next item.

tihocan
10-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, but you can never tell what IS selling because some people start auctions at random amounts to make it look like people are bidding.
Well, you can still look at buyouts.