PDA

View Full Version : VIP Feedback: Finding the Path

Tolero
10-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Tell us about your experiences in the new quest Finding the Path!

Memnir
10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Really, really enjoyed this one.
I'm not usually one for the "Alamo" style quests... but this one was pretty cool. The setting and the monsters were just spot on.

Memnir
10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
..this can't be good.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/dreamstealer.jpg

Zenako
10-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Was interesting, although I am not sure those were actually this characters nightmares... got thru it ok solo with level 17 cleric on normal. As long as you got some striders, its cool.

Asketes
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Honestly, it sure would be awesome.

but alas, I have nothing to report b/c a year ago my really messed up first build is lvl 10

*sigh*

SimVerg
10-10-2009, 04:06 AM
The music in here is good. The quest itself is a slightly amped up Weapons Shipment that is made bearable by the novelty of the monsters and the uniqueness of the setting. Once that wears off, I suspect it will get boring.

Taurnish
10-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I do agree with seems like a remade alamo or any quest like it.....Kobold assault, etc. The monsters do make it entertaining though . Give ya a 3 of 10 for uniqueness of quest but 7.5 of 10 for the monsters and "quest feel." It is spooky in this one.:eek:

kudesnik
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Good one. Just one suggestion, change background or surrounding from wave to wave.
and Add evil voice over for boss. how he sounds in nightmares.

MrCow
10-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I just ran this after the Thursday patch and quite enjoy the quest (awesome selection for music and thematically great) but the following statement is probably the harshest thing I have said about Dungeons and Dragons Online:

The Dungeon Narrator is horrible! Really horrible!
His voice is not a quality voice, not even the questionable semi-quality type of voice that we can either relate to from pen and paper experiences or the humorous kind that we can get out of A Cry for Help (as the narrator there does a shoddy woman's voice). It is just plain bad, to the point that it detracts from the current quest. I'm almost afraid to step into the other Dreaming Dark quests to see if the narrator is just as bad in all the other quests or if this was just a fluke.

oberon131313
10-15-2009, 07:25 PM
..this can't be good.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/dreamstealer.jpg

that picture doesn't do his scale justice...

Arkat
10-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I really liked this quest. The music was very cool.

Auran82
10-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Pretty fun quest, quite short though and I found it fairly easy solo on my 20 sorc.

Like the concept though.

bobbryan2
10-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Music was good. I really really enjoyed my first run through this quest.

That said, I'm not seeing a lot of replay value here. That would be my only complaint. Perhaps up the spawn rate if all the current spawns are dead. A lot of time, I feel kinda bored just standing around waiting for the next wave. Like in Weapon Shipment, I'd LOVE to have an option to just send all 10 waves at once.

Angelus_dead
10-21-2009, 03:51 PM
The Dungeon Narrator is horrible! Really horrible!
It's what's known as "programmer artwork". Files created by the quest designer to make it run and show that the script is OK. They won't get the real actor to read them until it's certain that no changes will be made to what happens in the quest.

MrCow
10-21-2009, 04:11 PM
It's what's known as "programmer artwork". Files created by the quest designer to make it run and show that the script is OK. They won't get the real actor to read them until it's certain that no changes will be made to what happens in the quest.

I don't recall Lamannia ever having a temporary voice acting on quests, so I simply gave my feedback as it currently is, in the off-chance it may have been used later on.

Angelus_dead
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Finding the Path has a missed opportunity for some variety in monster challenges. Anything could happen inside a dream, so there's no reason to limit the opponents to just a few monsters.

Instead of having exactly the same three bosses for the end of the dream defense, there could be a list of 5-8 bosses from which a random selection attacks you. (Like how Shroud phase 2 works).

I'd suggest adding the possibility of a vampire, troll cleric, duergar blackguard, barbazu, jubiless avatar, and dragon.

Gol
10-29-2009, 06:21 AM
I liked this quest until the end fight with the human guy. I was soloing on my Ranger, did fine defending my Will. Got to the end boss, double enervated me in 12 seconds for 8 neg levels. I just walked out the door and gave up. Quite frustrating to go through that quest (esp the 3 bosses) only to find out that if you're not a cleric/FvS or a WF you're screwed at the end guy when soloing.

Angelus_dead
10-29-2009, 06:32 AM
I liked this quest until the end fight with the human guy. I was soloing on my Ranger, did fine defending my Will. Got to the end boss, double enervated me in 12 seconds for 8 neg levels. I just walked out the door and gave up. Quite frustrating to go through that quest (esp the 3 bosses) only to find out that if you're not a cleric/FvS or a WF you're screwed at the end guy when soloing.
Haha, what?

Have you been to Tangleroot, or Necropolis? Basically all characters who aren't cleric, FVS, paladin, or warforged use a named item from those areas to protect from enervate. That's standard operating procedure for anyone over level 10.

Spisey
10-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Finding the Path has a missed opportunity for some variety in monster challenges. Anything could happen inside a dream, so there's no reason to limit the opponents to just a few monsters.

Instead of having exactly the same three bosses for the end of the dream defense, there could be a list of 5-8 bosses from which a random selection attacks you. (Like how Shroud phase 2 works).

I'd suggest adding the possibility of a vampire, troll cleric, duergar blackguard, barbazu, jubiless avatar, and dragon.

My first party that went through on our second run drew the same conclusions. There should be several random choice spawns instead of a set 3.

Gol
10-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Haha, what?

Have you been to Tangleroot, or Necropolis? Basically all characters who aren't cleric, FVS, paladin, or warforged use a named item from those areas to protect from enervate. That's standard operating procedure for anyone over level 10.
0/12 on TR trying to get that thing, not going back. Never stepped foot in the necropolis other than to turn in tapestries for a Minos Legens.

I stand by my point, but thanks for the insult anyway.

Mav145
10-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Don't think that an insult was intended. Just saying that you need to finish your silver flame trinket so you can avoid neg levels.

Angelus_dead
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
0/12 on TR trying to get that thing, not going back. Never stepped foot in the necropolis other than to turn in tapestries for a Minos Legens.
And that is an insult. Not to me, but to Joe B and the other developers who built that content. It's hilarious to complain about being unprepared for an encounter and then boast about never using a major portion of the game. And it's an excellent way to make the devs disregard your specific feedback.

I stand by my point, but thanks for the insult anyway.
Your point is foolish: Enervate is a low level attack.

You're talking about soloing a level 18 end boss, and you complain that he casts a spell used by level 13-14 trash mobs. What would you do in Feast or Famine or Gianthold Tor? Inferno of the Damned, Sins of Attrition? Could you even kill an explorer rare such as Armisos or Lysson? A normal solo player would have found a way to survive Enervate long before level 18.

The worst-case scenario for a boss Enervating you is to release to tavern, buy some Restorations from the cleric, berate yourself for the oversight, run back into the quest, activate the proper item, kill the boss, and finish with a 30% XP penalty.

Gol
10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
What would you do in Feast or Famine or Gianthold Tor? Inferno of the Damned, Sins of Attrition? Could you even kill an explorer rare such as Armisos or Lysson?First of all, the toon I was on is not geared for solo play. A friend did this quest on Lamannia and said it was easy and I should try it out. I understand your point completely, and reiterate that the character I was on is not spec'ed for solo play and (obviously) has deficiencies in this regard.

Please allow me to adjust/change/clarify my feedback:

If Death Ward was an intended mechanic for soloists to defend themselves, and as it is a level 4 spell, then IMO, and pursuant to the d20 system rules, it should be sold on wands at the wand vendor rather than only existing as a rare clicky drop from a level 5-7 quest chain.

Lerincho
10-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Haha, what?

you forgot, he's a self proclaimed "have-not"

Gol
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
you forgot, he's a self proclaimed "have-not"
to you and the other guy that likes to post this frequently: get over that comment from over 2 years ago.

Lerincho
10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
to you and the other guy that likes to post this frequently: get over that comment from over 2 years ago.

my bad, forgot that taking a joke isn't a strong point.

Pwesiela
10-30-2009, 12:58 AM
My greatest nightmare mobs:

The Doomsphere
Chained Lightning
That air giant from SoS

Bob_of_QF
01-24-2014, 11:24 PM
I was hoping for a tip or three on how to get past the 3 bosses' agro on the will thingy. Twice through it (lvl 20 ranger) twice failure when the will is destroyed. The oncoming waves of minions are simple enough. I easily took out one of the 3 bosses-- yet the other two-- no matter what I do-- agro on the will, and not on my tune or the hires.

This "quest" appears to be yet *another* unbalanced not-playable dungeon. No way to buff up what is essentally a glass Achilles's heel. No way to protect it, either.

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Turbine's lack of game balance here.

No tips on this thread, just fanboy praise and the usual insult exchanges. *sigh*

As for the music comments? What music? The first thing I disabled when I started playing 18 months ago...

... if anyone has any actual tips on how to protect or buff up the Achilles's heel (ridiculously vulnerable will sphere thingy), this would've been the place to say it.

Sonos
01-24-2014, 11:27 PM
I was hoping for a tip or three on how to get past the 3 bosses' agro on the will thingy. Twice through it (lvl 20 ranger) twice failure when the will is destroyed. The oncoming waves of minions are simple enough. I easily took out one of the 3 bosses-- yet the other two-- no matter what I do-- agro on the will, and not on my tune or the hires.

This "quest" appears to be yet *another* unbalanced not-playable dungeon. No way to buff up what is essentally a glass Achilles's heel. No way to protect it, either.

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with Turbine's lack of game balance here.

No tips on this thread, just fanboy praise and the usual insult exchanges. *sigh*

As for the music comments? What music? The first thing I disabled when I started playing 18 months ago...

... if anyone has any actual tips on how to protect or buff up the Achilles's heel (ridiculously vulnerable will sphere thingy), this would've been the place to say it.

Check Necro DC (dates on posts) and check OP(not a tip post)

I'll bite though: IPS might work