PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation Feedback: Lesser Reincarnation

Tolero
10-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Today's patch to Lamannia should have corrected issues with Lesser reincarnation. If you continue to experience issues, please report them.

As part of our preview of the new Reincarnation system, Lesser Reincarnation is available for preview on Lamannia.

A character that undergoes Lesser Reincarnation retains their race, gender, alignment, and the class they selected at level one. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feat selection, re-allocate skill points, spells, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, but reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation and must train the exact level progression of the old character.

In order to reincarnate, your character must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a Lesser Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store

NOTE: When you lesser reincarnate, your character will be placed on an airship to Stormreach at level 1 with no equipment. Speak with the NPC on the boat, who will take you through the remainder of your reincarnation process granting you the XP and reassigning your skills/feats/etc until you've reached the level you were before you lesser reincarnated. After you're finished, speak with the NPC's to arrive in the Marketplace, and head for the bank to retrieve your gear. Your gear is held for you in your bank in a new special tab that allows you to remove gear out, but not place it back in. If you decide to reincarnate the same character multiple times, be sure to clear your gear out of your reincarnation bank first.

Let us know your feedback on Lesser Reincarnation!

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 01:14 PM
are tomes retained with lesser? they are not with True.

Memnir
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
True Resurrection requires level 20, correct?

Is there a level req for Lesser?

bandyman1
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I gotta say I love the implementations of all three.

It gives us the ability to adjust our characters due to changes in the game ( which is what those who argued pro-respec wanted ), and the costs of True Ress addresses the concerns many raised about going form 20th level barb to 20th level caster all in one fell swoop.

Two thumbs up Turbine Devs.

Hendrik
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I gotta say I love the implementations of all three.

It gives us the ability to adjust our characters due to changes in the game ( which is what those who argued pro-respec wanted ), and the costs of True Ress addresses the concerns many raised about going form 20th level barb to 20th level caster all in one fell swoop.

Two thumbs up Turbine Devs.

Agreed! I was not in favor of respec's at all, but these I really like as a fair implementation.

Well done Turbine!

Hellllboy
10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Its nice to see the change, but I have to be honest with you. Most people were expecting a way to change specific class levels (i.e. swap barbarian for ranger) while maintaining the current level they have advanced to. With out a mechanism that does this-any alternative will not have the pulse of the players. :(

TheJusticar
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
As part of our preview of the new Reincarnation system, Lesser Reincarnation is available for preview on Lamannia.

A character that undergoes Lesser Reincarnation retains their race, gender, alignment, and the class they selected at level one. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feat selection, re-allocate skill points, spells, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, but reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation and must train the exact level progression of the old character.

In order to reincarnate, your character must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a Lesser Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store

Let us know your feedback on Lesser Reincarnation!

This is a little more acceptable. I'm willing to keep my point builds so long as I can re-spec. This is damn great news. good going.

Godspeed.

rimble
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
How are tomes handled?

Barumar
10-08-2009, 02:20 PM
How are tomes handled?

Yes, this is the biggest question for me, as I feel it fair to keep them with this level of resurrection.

My Sorcy is lvl 19, and I have one major regret. I put points into WIS and when Force of personality came out, those points are wasted - and much better placed into CON!

This would give me that ability, as it would for my Cleric to respend all of those skill points she put into Heal that are now worthless...

Of course if I loose my tomes, then this would NOT be someting I would see myself doing :(

Barumar

Monkey_Archer
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Im disapointed that you cant change alignment :(

FluffyCalico
10-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Do Drow become 32 point builds? If not since Drow now are officially no longer special can they have their proper spell resistance back?

valkir
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
This feature seems useful although like monkey_archer, I'm sad you can't change alignment :(.

Also, lets say I use a +2 int tome at lvl.20. If I lesser reincarnate, will it count as if I used it at level.1?
My drow rogue/bard REALLY wants to know :P.

Visty
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
two very important question about that whole respec thing:

1. with the lesser and greater version, do we have to gain the xp again or stay at out level and just respec stats, skills, etc?

2. will those tokens which the orc need only be available through the store and not be able to be looted? or on other words: got europe just shafted out of that?

Talon_Moonshadow
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I have a char that I made a bad multiclass choice on. I took a second lvl of Rgr, before the Ftr Kensei was announced. Anyway, I want a way to undo that class choice. Without startig over at lvl 1.

If I understand how the reincarnations work, I cannot do that.

Can you please add s ome option for me to do that?

Let me reset to a lower lvl, other than lvl 1. (in my case lvl15 on my current lvl17 char)

Tolero
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM

This is trickier because of some of the alignment restrictions on classes. Like if you were readjusting the skills on your paladin and decided "hmm say now I want to be chaotic"...the universe implodes.

True Reincarnation will allow you to change your alignment though.

valkir
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
This is trickier because of some of the alignment restrictions on classes. Like if you were readjusting the skills on your paladin and decided "hmm say now I want to be chaotic"...the universe implodes.

you keep your classes levels though for lesser and greater so couldn't it only be allowable alignments just like the character creation process for a level.1 paladin?:)

P.S my chaotic 4e paladin would like a word with you!:P

jakeelala
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM

yes but listen, this is super silly if you just want to be able to change only your alignment and say take those 2 levels of monk you missed out on because your old toon was created before they were in game, and you want the alignment different.

can you add a least reincarnation that just changes your alignment?

Or maybe a moral purge or something that lets you reprogram? PLEASE?

bobbryan2
10-08-2009, 03:02 PM

It's trickier, for sure.

But i'm betting you crafty devs can come up with a workable solution. This really should be done, tricky or not.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Tolero/Tarrant

does Greater and Lesser Reincarnation put you back at level 1?

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Do Drow become 32 point builds? If not since Drow now are officially no longer special can they have their proper spell resistance back?

no drow do not become 32 point.

Strakeln
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
It's trickier, for sure.

But i'm betting you crafty devs can come up with a workable solution. This really should be done, tricky or not.
Agreed. The character I most want to respec? My 18/1/1 Ranger/Rog/Ftr. You already know the story... made long before monk came out, clearly rgr/rog/mnk would have been better... but hell, my alignment isn't right, so no can do?

C'mon Turbine, you're so close to perfect with your implementation! Find a way to make this happen.

Eladrin
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
are tomes retained with lesser? they are not with True.
With Lesser (and Greater) Reincarnation, your tomes will gradually re-apply themselves as you increase in level, at the minimum levels tomes can be applied at.

If you ate a +3 strength tome, for instance, and then lesser reincarnated, you would get a +1 inherent bonus strength at level 3, +2 at level 7, and +3 at level 11.

RACRGUY
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I have a char that I made a bad multiclass choice on. I took a second lvl of Rgr, before the Ftr Kensei was announced. Anyway, I want a way to undo that class choice. Without startig over at lvl 1.

If I understand how the reincarnations work, I cannot do that.

Can you please add s ome option for me to do that?

Let me reset to a lower lvl, other than lvl 1. (in my case lvl15 on my current lvl17 char)

The way I'm reading it is, you rebuild your character, to the exact point it is at now, starting after you have all ready chosen your 1st class(and race, and alignment, etc.) So then in your example, you will have a 17 fighter, or a 1 fighter/16 ranger.

RACRGUY
10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
With Lesser (and Greater) Reincarnation, your tomes will gradually re-apply themselves as you increase in level, at the minimum levels tomes can be applied at.

If you ate a +3 strength tome, for instance, and then lesser reincarnated, you would get a +1 inherent bonus strength at level 3, +2 at level 7, and +3 at level 11.

That is very good to know.

Angelus_dead
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
By the D&D rules, you'd continue to have those features on the character sheet, but they wouldn't function as long as you were non-good or non-lawful.

Likewise, a barbarian who became lawful would retain most features, but couldn't activate rage.

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Tolero/Tarrant

does Greater and Lesser Reincarnation put you back at level 1?

my guess is that you start at character creation and put in stats etc and build your way back up but only through the levels you already have, in other words yoru class/level progressions are set. But we will see when they unleash it on us.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 04:29 PM

exactly what i wanted to know, thanks eladrin.

by same example, in the event of +3 intelligence tome. at 3 you get the +1, skill points adjusted if needed for level 4, +2 at level 7 with skill points adjusted at 8th, and +3 at 11th with final adjustment at 12 of skill points?

Blind_Skwerl
10-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Hmm.... what if you read +2 tomes at level 1? I have several characters that have read +2 int tomes right away. Would they retain the extra skill point per level on the way to level 7, or would that be gone?

Visty
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Hmm.... what if you read +2 tomes at level 1? I have several characters that have read +2 int tomes right away. Would they retain the extra skill point per level on the way to level 7, or would that be gone?

that would be gone

its a matter of choice: keep the skillpoints or fix some mistakes

Jay203
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Agreed. The character I most want to respec? My 18/1/1 Ranger/Rog/Ftr. You already know the story... made long before monk came out, clearly rgr/rog/mnk would have been better... but hell, my alignment isn't right, so no can do?

C'mon Turbine, you're so close to perfect with your implementation! Find a way to make this happen.

strak, for that problem, you need the true incarnation anyway
so you can change your alignment =P

Kistilan
10-08-2009, 06:11 PM

First, really good job and I'm glad you chose the Reincarnation vs Full Character Respec. I'm glad that thread wasn't for nothing. I'm much happier with what you've done considering the Turbine Store was implemented.

Second, a suggestion about alignments for Lesser Reincarnation:

Code (very simply) a radial select of "alternate alignments" that would be available. Have an If-then Restriction list. That way if the user has a Barbarian Level, it will remove Lawful Options. If the user has Monk, it will remove all Chaotics plus Neutral and Neutral Good Options. If Paladin, every option is removed (because they were already Lawful Good ie the only alternative).

If you ever implement EVIL Alignments, a Paladin could possibly change to Lawful Evil. If you were to implement alternative 3.5 Rules, Lawful Neutral Paladins would also be possible (but let's not get carried away here -- PrCs would have to be the new deal replacing PrEs).

muffinlad
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
If it is not possible to change the way our character was built (if you are a 16 wiz, 1 Pali today, and you have to build it exactly that way) I am not sure the restriction on alignment could not be handled differently. Naturally, the stats and skills could be different.

If what this says is you have to take your FIRST class, and that you may change out the class selections, I can see the complexity.

However, I am still unclear as to the restrictions on how you rebuild your character, so perhaps I should just ask- "If, I am currently a 13 wiz, 2 monk, 5 cleric, do I have to be the exact same build when I am done with the reincarnation, or is it that I only have to have the FIRST class the same?"

Regards,

muffinconfused.

TheJusticar
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Excellent! Lesser re-incarnation is the way to go for sure -- and the one that makes the most sense. Greater reincarnation sounds like a grind trap with a preposterous side effect (height increase).

Godspeed.

moorewr
10-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Excellent! Lesser re-incarnation is the way to go for sure -- and the one that makes the most sense. Greater reincarnation sounds like a grind trap with a preposterous side effect (height increase).

Godspeed.

You mean True Reincarnation above. Greater is just like lesser except it makes a 28pt char into a 32pt char.

Also, trust me when I say there are going to be plenty of people doing true reincarnation... if you can cap a character in two weeks as I often hear (as opposed to my nine months), what's another few days along with keeping your raid gear?

Kistilan
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
You mean True Reincarnation above. Greater is just like lesser except it makes a 28pt char into a 32pt char.

Also, trust me when I say there are going to be plenty of people doing true reincarnation... if you can cap a character in two weeks as I often hear (as opposed to my nine months), what's another few days along with keeping your raid gear?

QFT

I plan to recincarnate one character 6 times.

PS: Six is the Optimal Reincarnation for a drow -- after that you start getting 1 Attribute per Reincarnation (not worth it) on a drow (I did the math).

bobbryan2
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
QFT

PS: Six is the Optimal Reincarnation for a drow -- after that you start getting 1 Attribute per Reincarnation (not worth it) on a drow (I did the math).

I think you're joking. But I'm not sure I get it. You do realize you can only true reincarnate twice, right?

Osharan_Tregarth
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Pretty much. Although we dedicated more play time to those characters than normal, it did only take the gf and I about 2 weeks to get our fvs to level 17 where we stopped caring about leveling them. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other people who were capped in that time frame.

I plan on using the true reincarnation on my dwarf ranger, to remake him into...

A dwarf ranger!

Maybe.. I guess. Or perhaps human. Or maybe a fighter instead. Who knows....

TheJusticar
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Yeah, I meant TR ... and yeah it's an option for the power level crowd. But for people like myself that take about 6 months, in average, to cap a toon (to lvl 20) lesser seems to be the no-brainer choice.

Godspeed.

moorewr
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
QFT

I wish a) that this was possible, and b) your avatar got taller EACH time. I want some freaking 12' tall Warforged clopping around Stormreach. Good luck seeing the dungeon around your avatar. :cool:

Riggs
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Seems awesome to finally be able to respec - but what will be the 'cost' difference between say lesser and greater? Basically the same except for the 28-32 point boost - but all seem to need the same hunk of wood.

So is there a secondary cost that is different as well?

Oreg
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM

So if you had previously consumed a +2 Int tome at level 1, giving you an even number, you would now receive less skill points (6-7 total?) by using this feature?

*edit* NVM i see this was addressed in another thread.

Borror0
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
My greater concern is related to lesser reincarnation requiring hearts of woods (I assume that hearts of wood will be as rare as dragonshards).

I have no problem with the two upper tier requiring a rare item considering how deeply they change your character (True) or how rarely you will need to do so in the life of a character or even your time as a player (Greater). However, Lesser is meant to fix small design mistakes or adapt to most rule changes. As a result, it's something we will do often (like changing enhancements). Thus, it should have a simple gp cost (note: this does not mean it has to be cheap).

It's trickier, for sure.

I agree.

Kistilan
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I wish a) that this was possible, and b) your avatar got taller EACH time. I want some freaking 12' tall Warforged clopping around Stormreach. Good luck seeing the dungeon around your avatar. :cool:

I personally wanted a huuuuuge dwarf because I refuse to create a small one. But a large one, named Hagard, in lieu of Harry Potter, would be fantastic. My nose would be bigger than a halflings!!!

Monkey_Archer
10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I agree.

I second that. :D Changing alignment would be one (if not the only) reason i would use this feature for some toons.

On the topic of tricky... applying tome as you level up at the correct minimum level looks interesting... any chance that could be applied the same way on true reincarnation? :rolleyes:

Borror0
10-09-2009, 12:06 AM
This is trickier
It's tricky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2b8XWJnfE)

Xenus_Paradox
10-09-2009, 01:34 AM
If I have a 28-pointer and I want to upgrade to 32 points and respec, do I need to take Greater and Lesser in any particular order?

Visty
10-09-2009, 01:36 AM
If I have a 28-pointer and I want to upgrade to 32 points and respec, do I need to take Greater and Lesser in any particular order?

just greater as greater is the same as lesser just that you can use 32pts instead of 28

Barumar
10-09-2009, 01:49 AM
My greater concern is related to lesser reincarnation requiring hearts of woods (I assume that hearts of wood will be as rare as dragonshards).

I have no problem with the two upper tier requiring a rare item considering how deeply they change your character (True) or how rarely you will need to do so in the life of a character or even your time as a player (Greater). However, Lesser is meant to fix small design mistakes or adapt to most rule changes. As a result, it's something we will do often (like changing enhancements).

This is why I think it apropriate for every character to be given one when the mod goes live as we were when feat respecs were first added.

Rules changed, we spent points on skills that are worthless now (think of Heal on Clerics) or did not as we thought they did not matter (perform for Bards).

I am sure there are a LOT of examples...

Barumar

Solmage
10-09-2009, 01:58 AM

Hi guys,

I realize it's trickier but it should be possible to look at the existing class(es) of character X and see their alignment restrictions, add them up, and then present a list box with the illegal choices filtered-out? Needless to say, it would be an extremely welcomed effort by the player base.

talyor
10-09-2009, 08:30 AM
My main concern is if people want to remove a splash character and go pure most not all (those that splash Rogue inparticular or people who took sorc to boost cleric SP) took it at lvl one and if i read this correctly you must keep your lvl 1 class choice. if anything could you make it so your choice of lvl 1 start point is any one of the current class in the toon you are changing.

cforce
10-09-2009, 09:35 AM

Agreed. The most pressing respec I would need is an alignment based one. Looks like that is not an option. Boo.

kingfisher
10-09-2009, 09:51 AM
so just to clarify here< this allows you to respec your ability points, feats, skills, but does not allow an alignment change. do you ahve to start over at lvl 1 again and actually earn your way back to 20 with this one or do you just start over at lvl 1 and train each lvl up to 20 as you did the first time through, but without having to gain any experience to do so?

LookingForABentoBox
10-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Why can't one change one's gender?

kingfisher
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Why can't one change one's gender?

this is not switzerland man! if you wanna change your hotdog to a taco you got swtich to ddo europe

Strakeln
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
strak, for that problem, you need the true incarnation anyway
so you can change your alignment =P
Yepper, I noticed that when I had some time to read through everything more carefully. Woot! :D

Solmage
10-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Is there a way to either skip past levels you don't want (the typical example of the very sleepy wizard that took one level in sorc..), or at the very least, stop the re-leveling just before the level we don't want, and we could take it from there? And if there isn't, would you guys consider adding it? I know TR removes this, but it also kills the tomes, and frankly the +2 is only really useful in a handful of builds (oooh my barb now has 820 instead of 800 hps, or a will save of 2 instead of 1 ;) - that was totally worth it to loose those 6 +3 tomes.. oh wait, no, it wasn't)

NameisToad
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure what happened, but I respecced my level 16 cleric using lesser reincarnation, mainly just to see what would happen, and I ended up a level 1 with no tomes, no equipment, and no xp. I retained my favor, but I have 0 xp, and none of the cleric trainers in stormreach will talk to me.

404error
10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure what happened, but I respecced my level 16 cleric using lesser reincarnation, mainly just to see what would happen, and I ended up a level 1 with no tomes, no equipment, and no xp. I retained my favor, but I have 0 xp, and none of the cleric trainers in stormreach will talk to me.

Did you go to the bank? There is a special Resurrection bank.

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 11:54 AM

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206359

it seems there's a bug with lesser reincarnation potentially relating to 28 point characters.

NameisToad
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes, I went to the bank. No there's no special reincarnation option with the normal bankers.

Shandi
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
i also do not see any kind of special reincarnation bank nor does the game tell me where to go

this is rather frustrating...

Dcloak
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206359

it seems there's a bug with lesser reincarnation potentially relating to 28 point characters.

Same with greater reincarnation

Kistilan
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM

Woot! The Ancesteral Vault! :D ;)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 12:48 PM

good decision :)

~sturm097
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
hmmm.... just tried this again on my 32 point dwarf, khalad..... comes up with a dialogue box that says pending, and when i click ok, it stays on the final creation screen and greys out the create button.....

Vanda
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Just lesser reincarnated. Went through stat, skill, feat and cosmetic selections. Hit create and now it is sitting at "Please Wait". Placing this post to see how long it will be. Got waiting screen approximately 5 mins before this post.

TheJusticar
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Just lesser reincarnated. Went through stat, skill, feat and cosmetic selections. Hit create and now it is sitting at "Please Wait". Placing this post to see how long it will be. Got waiting screen approximately 5 mins before this post.

Please let us know how the leveling happens. Do you go and talk to your trainers in the same order you leveled the first time (assuming you remember)? Or will the trainers tell you what other trainers you need to go to?

Godspeed.

Tolero
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
We're currently investigating the "please wait" and the "unknown" errors. Thanks for the forum reports and bug reports!

For the moment I recommend that no one use a 28 point build to reincarnate until we determine if the two issues are connected or if it's something different.

Coldin
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Please let us know how the leveling happens. Do you go and talk to your trainers in the same order you leveled the first time (assuming you remember)? Or will the trainers tell you what other trainers you need to go to?

Godspeed.

I don't know if it will be similar (but I assume it will be), but I went through a Greater Reincarnation as one of my 32 point builds. Everything worked along smoothly for the most part. Leveling took place by just speaking to one person on an airship over and over again. And then at the end, you can spend AP. After that, you talk to the captain of the airship, and you're dropped off in the Marketplace.

Vanda
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Godspeed.

1. I went and talked to the orc. (BTW, jumping up that thing will be a serious pain in the rear for my fully armored dwarf or anyone on a slightly laggy connection.) If there was a ladder, I missed it. I told the orc I wanted to respec.

2. Got the message saying next time I logged off, I would have the option to reincarnate my character. Logged off right in from the orc in House J.

3. Hit reincarnate, stepped through the character generation tool. Assigned stats, skill, feats, tweaked the cosmetics. Hit the big "CREATE" button.

4. Got a "Please wait ..." dialog box in the Character Generation screen (still up) and thats it. Still waiting.

I have not gone to any minataur trainer or whatever as I am not in game. I am still on the Character Generation screen.

bandyman1
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Quick question.

I'm having issues with my Nforce networking card, so no Lam for me till I get that issue ironed out :(.

That said; What kind of TP costs are we looking at for the rincarnations??? I get we need the Hearts of Wood; How much do the various ones cost, and is there an additional fee?

Jonny_D
10-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Quick question.

I'm having issues with my Nforce networking card, so no Lam for me till I get that issue ironed out :(.

That said; What kind of TP costs are we looking at for the rincarnations??? I get we need the Hearts of Wood; How much do the various ones cost, and is there an additional fee?

all I know bandy is that you should be paid by turbine to reroll your toons:eek::D

bandyman1
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
all I Know Bandy Is That You Should Be Paid By Turbine To Reroll Your Toons:eek::d

Die Spawn Of Totmacher!!!!!

:D

Vanda
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Going to kill the client and see what happens.

Belwaar
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
This is my only question: For Barbarians that have Crit Rage I and II, do we still have the option of selecting those if we take the Lesser/Greater Reincarnation?

That will ALONE determine if I do this on my Barbarians, otherwise, he'll stay a 28 build :D

Vanda
10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Well I am now a level 1 rogue with no items in some bank and no experience at all. A grand total of zero. -- Bug report submitted as well --

I killed the client and logged back on.

Tried to log into Vanda, the character that was reincarnated. Was told character was already in world. The reincarnate option was still available, but I hit log in again to see what would happen.

I appeared on the airship. The minotaur would not speak to me. The lady at the front asked what class I started as and I replied as rogue, the truth. Was then told to talk to captain.

Captain would only ask if I wanted to dock or continue. I docked.

No experience, no trainers will talk to me, no plat and no items, aside from the water broach and striding boots from collectors edition purchase or whatever.

I do still have all my favor though.

Edit: BTW this was a 32 point character. I had already rerolled the hard way.

lanthan
10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
We're currently investigating the "please wait" and the "unknown" errors. Thanks for the forum reports and bug reports!

For the moment I recommend that no one use a 28 point build to reincarnate until we determine if the two issues are connected or if it's something different.

The first time you try to reincarnate it stays at please wait. If you wait for it it eventually crashes. If you waited for it to crash or if you closed the window and relaunched ddo attempting to go through the selection again will produce a box saying "UNKNOWN" with a ok button. Clicking the button will make the box go away but the creation button stays greyed out.

Regardless of if you tried a second time to setup your character a second time trying to log into the character will first produce an error saying character already in world.

Trying to log into the character a second time will take you to a ship where you are lvl 1 and naked. Talking to the train just sends you to the captain who transports you to the top of the tower.

The contents of your first 3 bank slots remains in places as well as your favor but quest completions are reset. No ancestral bank appears when talking to a banker to retrieve your old stuff.

kudesnik
10-09-2009, 02:44 PM
ends up being with no xp no items on level 1 from level 17 joy

Vanda
10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
ends up being with no xp no items on level 1 from level 17 joy

Heh, no kidding. I'll wait a few months before I try to do this with a real character.

kudesnik
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Heh, no kidding. I'll wait a few months before I try to do this with a real character.

Exactly.

juniorpfactors
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
This is my only question: For Barbarians that have Crit Rage I and II, do we still have the option of selecting those if we take the Lesser/Greater Reincarnation?

That will ALONE determine if I do this on my Barbarians, otherwise, he'll stay a 28 build :D

99.99% guess NO you will lose those as those are no longer options .... so my 2 barb wont ever be using this

jrp

Belwaar
10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
99.99% guess NO you will lose those as those are no longer options .... so my 2 barb wont ever be using this

jrp

Looks like you won't be the only one. :(:mad::(

Sumerianlord
10-09-2009, 03:58 PM
lol Well, at least I dont have to worry about ending up in the snow lol. It wont let me finish Reincarnating my toon because of a -2 after her name lol, it says thats an invalid name, and then tries to force me to change the name, and then tells me that not allowed lol.

BLAKROC
10-09-2009, 04:43 PM
14 minute and countin wait screen on a greater so far and stil have the please wait :( and patience wasn't a listed feat option..............

Glin
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh Lamannia! I have to bring you the bad news.

I have pulled Greater and Lesser Hearts of Wood from the Lamannia store - due to some really bad outcomes in chargen. We will likely disable the buttons before the night is done.

This will be until we are able to update Lamannia next week with a fix.

All we know from today's results is, any transferred character* can not use lesser and greater reincarnation. We also believe it is related to copying player history (the transferred soul's memories) to your new body.
Since True Reincarnation does not retain your memories, True Reincarnation does not have this issue, and thereby has not had this problem.

To clarify: "transferred character" refers to a character that was created on a different shard. If a Character was created on Lamannia originally, it will be able to reincarnate.

GoldyGopher
10-09-2009, 06:41 PM

I have pulled Greater and Lesser Hearts of Wood from the Lamannia store - due to some really bad outcomes in chargen. We will likely disable the buttons before the night is done.

All we know from today's results is, any transferred character* can not use lesser and greater reincarnation. We also believe it is related to copying player history (the transferred soul's memories) to your new body.
Since True Reincarnation does not retain your memories, True Reincarnation does not have this issue, and thereby has not had this problem.

To clarify: "transferred character" refers to a character that was created on a different shard. If a Character was created on Lamannia originally, it will be able to reincarnate.

So are we going to roll back so I can get my high level characters back or?????

jakeelala
10-09-2009, 07:07 PM
i would not hold your breath. loads to lama obviously are discreet from loads of characters to lama.

if they can't update for public testing, i'm sure they wont be able to update for a small issue of early adopters to reincarnation testing.

that's just my guess.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
So are we going to roll back so I can get my high level characters back or?????

unlikely

Tolero
10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Reposting due to Glin not showing in the tracker...

I've also temporarily closed the greater reincarnation thread until we have it available for preview again. Even though lesser is disabled, you may continue to use this thread for general feedback about the feature, but remember you will currently be unable to try it first hand on Lamannia yet.

DemonMage
10-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Glin is showing up fine in the Lamannia Tracker (http://forums.ddo.com/turbine_tracker.php?tracker=lamanniatracker).

Yargore
10-10-2009, 09:33 AM
I wonder if it will be cheaper to do a reincarnation instead of a normal feat change if you want to change a feat.

Borror0
10-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I wonder if it will be cheaper to do a reincarnation instead of a normal feat change if you want to change a feat.
For one? Most likely not. For 3+, most likely.

Chaosprism
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Side effect of becoming "taller" is a little weird.

It's a bit strange, does it mean that we'll eventually see the enlarge spell for players also? (not just the duergar who like to do upon seeing you, they're very insecure about their height don't you know! )

lanthan
10-11-2009, 11:22 PM

At the very least it will be faster if you want to change out multiple feats.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
So lets say you do a TR and get your 34 point build and decide you borked up the skill points/feats/stat distribution/whatever and decide that a Lesser Reincarnation...Can you? Do you keep your 34 points?

I know it seems obvious you SHOULD be able to ... I'm just wondering if the devs thought about this and tested it to make sure 34/36 pt builds are broken in any way by using Lesser, nor is their any reason to lock them out of it.

404error
10-13-2009, 09:49 AM
So lets say you do a TR and get your 34 point build and decide you borked up the skill points/feats/stat distribution/whatever and decide that a Lesser Reincarnation...Can you? Do you keep your 34 points?

I know it seems obvious you SHOULD be able to ... I'm just wondering if the devs thought about this and tested it to make sure 34/36 pt builds are broken in any way by using Lesser, nor is their any reason to lock them out of it.

I've poked at it. It does stuff.

Turial
10-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Yeah but does it do the right stuff?

Dylos_Moon
10-13-2009, 10:50 AM

best turbine response ever. I'd give rep, but it says i have to spread more.

404error
10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
It does properly what your concerned about. =P

Lorien_the_First_One
10-13-2009, 11:53 AM

/scratches head

It does properly what your concerned about. =P

Ah, good news, thanks! I know from my own QA days it was easier to forget to test the impact of a change on a change on a change on a change :D

Thanimal
10-14-2009, 11:13 AM

I'm very confused about how this is tricky. Each class a legal alignment set. ANDing together all of the legal alignment sets of the character's classes produces the legal alignment set for the combination. Now only offer the legal ones as respec options.

Far from tricky, this looks like about 3-5 lines of code to me. Maybe 10 if the alignment restrictions are not yet stored in a binary vector anywhere. In fact, I was completely shocked this wasn't the FIRST one you added because it's conceptually so simple to do AND so important after you introduced an extremely powerful splash class that has an alignment restriction (Monk, in case that wasn't obvious).

This is the only respec that I am really waiting for, so I am both confused and disappointed. PLEASE rectify this as soon as possible! Thanks.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm very confused about how this is tricky. Each class a legal alignment set. ANDing together all of the legal alignment sets of the character's classes produces the legal alignment set for the combination. Now only offer the legal ones as respec options.

Far from tricky, this looks like about 3-5 lines of code to me. Maybe 10 if the alignment restrictions are not yet stored in a binary vector anywhere. In fact, I was completely shocked this wasn't the FIRST one you added because it's conceptually so simple to do AND so important after you introduced an extremely powerful splash class that has an alignment restriction (Monk, in case that wasn't obvious).

This is the only respec that I am really waiting for, so I am both confused and disappointed. PLEASE rectify this as soon as possible! Thanks.

I agree, its the type of "intro to computer logic" problem you give to first year computer students in highschool (or would that be elementary grades these days? lol)

Auran82
10-15-2009, 02:18 AM

Next week?

Are we there yet?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Next week?

Are we there yet?

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2486579&postcount=1

blakeye
10-15-2009, 11:41 PM
okay so before the disaster of last week on the reincarnation I tried a lessor on my lvl 17 bard 16/sorc1 it was messed up. after todays patch i logged in and hit the reincarnate button.

took me to airship said to talk to the person for level up and nothing happened wouldn't give me xp or level me back up ?

talking to the person was non responsive only person i could talk to was captain and it booted me off boat into stormreach with all packs empty items are still in bank and i still have plat tho

so i guess this patch was a failure as it didn't fix what it broke last week.

I am loathe to try any other reincarnations at this point. why should i mess up a toon that now it worthless for testing purposes?

Longshot7
10-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Today I tested the reincarnation on my lvl 17 Sorc. Here's my input
Pros:
Respec of Stats and Skills - Got more HP and Skill points with the changes in my stat allocation
Respec of Spells - Woot, woulda been expensive to swap out all the spells I wanted to. Plus would have taken a month to do so.
XP and Favor - Still had all XP and Favor. While it was a pain to have to talk to all the favor NPCs again, I did get more Ingredients bags (small and Large)
Explorer Areas Reset - Kill Counts, Explorers and Rare Encounters all set to 0. More XP.
Equipment - Still had everything, but only had 3 back pack slots so couldn't see everything until I offloaded stuff or got my 5 slots back.

Cons:
All quests have been reset - :( Have to re run all the flagging quests to get raid ready for Titan, DQ, Shroud, Reaver, etc... This is a BIG pain and questionable if it is going to be worth it.
Favor Reset - Had to retalk to Favor NPCs and spend portable hole and gold to get my 5th backpack slot.

Indifferent:
Leveling - meh.. teadious but I guess it's needed this way..
Change Looks - kewl if you want to look different I guess. Sucks if you bought hair styles or colors.

More to follow.

doppleganger
10-16-2009, 12:59 AM
did a lesser reincarnation on a toon today.

It generally went well, but a few negative points:

-why not give us back our original look by default? It is kind of tedious to try to recreate it just the way it was.

-that disapperance of our 2 coin lord backpack spaces is really annoying. I know we can get them back, but it is annoying.

-unless I missed it, it would really be handy to have an overview of what classes we took at what level at the beginning of the releveling process, to help us plan the releveling. It is not obvious at which moment it would be best to take each feat, and how many skill points to put in what skills, at each level, especially when we are multiclassed and want to take advantage of each specific class skill costs. In all my newer toons, I have all this on paper, but on older toons...

Arctigis
10-16-2009, 05:56 AM
I agree, its the type of "intro to computer logic" problem you give to first year computer students in highschool (or would that be elementary grades these days? lol)

Which suggests to me that this is not the real reason it was done or that the current implementation of alignment
is not as simple as we suspect. Tolero's response did seem a little fatuous to me. It would be interesting to know
why it's considered hard. I tried to raise this point on another thread but inexplicably got involved in a logic
'****ing contest' with Borror0.

Arctigis
10-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Pros:
Respec of Stats and Skills - Got more HP and Skill points with the changes in my stat allocation
Respec of Spells - Woot, woulda been expensive to swap out all the spells I wanted to. Plus would have taken a month to do so.
XP and Favor - Still had all XP and Favor. While it was a pain to have to talk to all the favor NPCs again, I did get more Ingredients bags (small and Large)
Explorer Areas Reset - Kill Counts, Explorers and Rare Encounters all set to 0. More XP.
Equipment - Still had everything, but only had 3 back pack slots so couldn't see everything until I offloaded stuff or got my 5 slots back.

Cons:
All quests have been reset - :( Have to re run all the flagging quests to get raid ready for Titan, DQ, Shroud, Reaver, etc... This is a BIG pain and questionable if it is going to be worth it.
Favor Reset - Had to retalk to Favor NPCs and spend portable hole and gold to get my 5th backpack slot.

Indifferent:
Change Looks - kewl if you want to look different I guess. Sucks if you bought hair styles or colors.

More to follow.

Ooh nasty. Most of those sound like bugs to me. My guess is that the explorer zone reset will be fixed
straight away but the others will still be around in 6 months ;-)

GoldyGopher
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Still suck as a level 1 toon after attempting to reincarnate a second time.

:(

winsom
10-18-2009, 06:05 AM
This is trickier because of some of the alignment restrictions on classes.

How about a list of available alignments to chose from when using Lesser and Greater?

If Barbarian = True then "Lawful X" drops off the list of valid choices.

C'mon Turbine! You can create a complicated game but you are shying away from doing this relatively simple check to implement this very popularly requested re-spec option?

True Reincarnate is not a Re-spec option.

Natashaelle
10-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Pros:

Cons:

Indifferent:

More to follow.

I took Lesser Reincarnation on a 6th level character, running in F2P mode, and I have had quite similar experiences.

APPEARANCE : It is very annoying that starting appearance is randomly generated instead of being identical to (and of course changeable from) one's previous incarnation.

ITEMS : I *believe* that all of my items could fit into three backpack slots, plus equipment slots for those no-ML items I was using, however I was completely unable to have any meaningful interaction with the Minotaur on the airship ; presumably because he had none of my gear. It would have been reassuring if talking to this employee led him to spawn some sort of travelling bag, or chest, or other luggage that one could then open for one's items recovery.

QUEST RESETTING : hmmmmm I'm in two minds about this one, although it feels buggy either way. Quests are still flagged as completed at the various difficulty levels, but number of times completed has been reset to zero -- as have all explorer, slayer, rares in the Wilderness areas.

I have completed a few of these Quests redux, and was indeed able to level from 6 to 7 basically just playing Korthos II and Harbour: the Sequel, which was a bit weird but not overly so. XP awards in fact seemed balanced, because no first-time bonuses were provided on any repeated quests -- and given that I had used my free Lammania Points from the earlier Beta test period to raise cap to 20, this actually felt like a good way to provide XP for people having purchased level sigils from the store but being a bit more selective about which Adventure Packs they wanted to buy. Explorer, slayer, rares being reset to zero felt mostly positive from this point of view.

On the other hand, as noted by the previous poster, all flags were also reset -- so that with my F2P account character, when I eventually died, I ended up back at Korthos Beach -- I **had** to run through the Grotto (no option to skip by talking to the rogue), strange with a 6th level character ; and I opted to rush through the Korthos content to Misery's Peak rather than talk to the First Mate, for testing reasons basically. This felt buggy. I was able to get another set of starting gear (minus the starter rags, boo!), a *second* Korthos set neckie from Captain after completing Dragon Quest - the Return (got the mana clicky one ;) ), but the nice lady in the Harbour failed to provide me with a second set of starting collectibles and gem bags. Consistency would have been nice anyway.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, given that it is unclear what the design goals are here... it occurs to me that if the Quest resetting is by design, that some F2P people without a full set of Adventure Packs could use this as a source of XP, or that characters having been True Reincarnated and having similar trouble with XP could use Greater Reincarnation to reset Quest and Wilderness counters to zero, and keep their 34/36 points ? On the other hand if it's just a bug, then fair enough...

The reflagging feels annoying though, from both points of view.

FAVOUR : Had to talk to NPCs to get benefits back as well, but given that this was just the Coin Lords guy for 4th backpack slot and that all my gear could fit into 3 slots this was not too painful -- this would clearly be far more so with more extensive favour. Felt buggy anyway, and I think that all previously gained favour rewards should be automatically gained, except of course for such matters as free extra large bags etc ;) Previous poster's comments that ANOTHER Collapsed Port Hole and Plat expenditure are required for 5th backpack slot are noted, and his implicit criticism agreed with :)

PURCHASED CONTENT : I had purchased no cosmetics, so had none to lose, although I will REPEAT my view that appearance should be defaulted to the existing one. Regarding purchased cosmetics, I suppose that as a matter of free choice, it could potentially be desirable if copies of previously applied cosmetics were spawned in backpack (and I mean just the currently applied ones, NOT free copies of all purchased hair styles/colours etc for those changing their hair every 5 minutes ; I don't think people should be either forced to apply old cosmetics or forced to purchase them again if they were still wanted. Though perhaps some other UI could be devised - I note however that hair style removal items must be purchased at Store, so there's a stronger case for the styles to be persistent rather than lost.

I had gained level 8 sigil from questing, and had purchased level 12, 16, and 20 sigils during previous Beta period -- level cap was still at 20 post-reincarnate :)

I had purchased the Tangleroot Pack and was able to return there (of course this is an account-wide item, not character-specific).

atkbeast
10-19-2009, 04:15 AM
I just did a lesser reincarnation to my level 17 rogue. I doubt I will do this toon when the update goes live because the flaws she has are acceptable. The only changes I made were moving wasted skill points into diplomacy and moving 2 points from charisma to con.

Overall the process of putting the toon back together was pretty simple. It took my longer than normal because of how little I was changing over all. The +2 strength tome she ate was applied during the process, so no issues there.

I prepped the to for reincarnation by emptying her backpack as much as possible, with only a half page of overflow. After talking to the minotaur, I had the expected overflow icon on my screen.

Like all other reports all favor and raid flagging were reset. As mentioned earlier in the thread, my toon has 2 pendants of time for House P favor. If they dont change the favor reset, it wont bother me. I cant say if I got a second tome from 1750 because I had not picked one before the backup was done, but I will find out later when I do the greater reincarnation on my 28 point cleric.

I did confirm a hunch I had about reflagging for the Titan. Since my rogue has a high umd, I had her greater teleport to the Restless Isles with her sigil. After talking to the npc's there she was Titan ready. We wont have to go through the whole flagging process for the Titan again because the sigil is not destroyed upon completion. If anything just rerunning hips to gain access to the isles is necessary. I suspect that it will be simple enough to make quick runs to get the items needed to flag for the demon queen and shroud before reincarnation. The reaver and abbott are much more complicated since many runs are needed to get the items to flag.

It should be interesting to see how this will shape up when it goes live.

Asketes
10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
neat product and a nice way going about it

Seamonkeysix
11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Disregard. Found my own disappointing answer. :(

Raiderone
11-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Is the update going to correct the Monk Feat issues with AC Bonus and others that don't get multipliers?

Plus issue with Rogue/Ranger not getting shield and other feats from ranger part until logging...