PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Veteran Status

Tolero
10-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Know the ropes of DDO and feel confident enough to skip the lowbie area? You can now use the new feature "Veteran Status" to create a character who begins automatically at level 4. Characters who begin as a Veteran Status character will begin their journey to Stormreach traveling to the Marketplace rather than Korthos village. You will be able to select your character's skills, feats, and abilities prior to docking in the Market.

You can unlock this feature by the following methods:

Achieving 1000 favor and speaking with Nyx Durandimion
You may purchase veteran status from the DDO Store once you've leveled a character to level 4

Favor earned Veteran Status is unlocked on the server where you earned the favor. Purchasing Veteran Status in the DDO Store unlocks the feature for all servers.

Let us know about your experiences with the new Veteran Status!

Cedwin
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
This is awesome. Things don't start to get good until around level 4 anyways, I hate being levels 1 and 2. Will we still be able to go back to korthos and complete the quests there for favor if we create a veteran status character?

Memnir
10-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Now this I like. :)

The_Ick
10-08-2009, 01:05 PM
i like this perk. I think lvl 5 would be better, but 4 is reasonable.

MysterX
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
i like this perk. I think lvl 5 would be better, but 4 is reasonable.

It's probably level 4 because a free player could convceivably get to 1000 favor before unlocking the level cap increase?

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you. Wish it was level 8, but thank you.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
so if you true rez and you have veteran statsu do you go right to lvl 4?

Shaamis
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
This is awesome. Things don't start to get good until around level 4 anyways, I hate being levels 1 and 2. Will we still be able to go back to korthos and complete the quests there for favor if we create a veteran status character?

Not sure how I feel about this.

I enjoy the low-level exposure to new players, help them, say Hi, and answer questions......

But depending on my mood, i just want to get to level 4+ ASAP, and dont want to bother.

At least, now the option is there :P

talyor
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
so a true reicarnation starts us at lvl1 can we then select veteran and jump to 4 after a reincarnation....

Mav145
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
This is a very interesting thought - makes the true res a whole lot more attractive. Can you then reequip your raid loot and hack through the rest of the levels or do you still wait on min. level for the already acquired items?

BlueBadger
10-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Gil, I knew you' d enjoy this!

rimble
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Seems like a good way to 'double-dip' on some starter xp too. Veteran yourself to level 4, then go back and do all those quests anyways.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
so a true reicarnation starts us at lvl1 can we then select veteran and jump to 4 after a reincarnation....

I bet you 100gp that its one or the other and you can't do both...

Goldeneye
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Cool, now I got an extra 1.5 hours that I can spend elsewhere, instead of doing the 1-4 grind. Btw, when are we going to see Epic Veteran Status where we start at level 10?

Tolero
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM

If you True Reincarnate, you'll start at level 1 because remember when you True Reincarnate, it takes a little more XP to get through each level... that and the extra stat points throw another cog into the works.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Gil, I knew you' d enjoy this!

heck my entire family and friends likes it.

SimVerg
10-08-2009, 02:09 PM
If you True Reincarnate, you'll start at level 1 because remember when you True Reincarnate, it takes a little more XP to get through each level... that and the extra skill points throw another cog into the works.

Wait, what extra skill points?

Cedwin
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM

I think he meant stat points, you get 2 extra stat points when you do a true reincarnation.

SimVerg
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I think he meant stat points, you get 2 extra stat points when you do a true reincarnation.

It'd make sense if that's what she meant.

Tolero
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM

bah stat points sorry about that

Missing_Minds
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Add to 2500 favor the ability to start level at lvl 6?

Tolero
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Somewhere in here I saw someone ask about Korthos but I'll clarify it anyway:

If you create a level 4 Veteran Status character, you can still go back to the sunny version of Korthos if you want to. You won't be able to get to the snowy version though.

Cedwin
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM

If you create a level 4 Veteran Status character, you can still go back to the sunny version of Korthos if you want to. You won't be able to get to the snowy version though.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. My plan is to start at level 4, then go back to korthos for more XP. :eek:

valkir
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Yeah for melee characters, misery's peak is pretty much required to do at early levels after all.

Some may not like this autolevel change but I'm happy with it since I can reroll low level alts when I hit 1750 favor, not struggle with my low strenght lvl.1 caster, and my multiclass builds will be more fun when I can start with 2 classes immediately :). Also, a newbie player won't quit in sadness then when he finds out his lvl.7-8 character wasn't built well.

Tolero
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. My plan is to start at level 4, then go back to korthos for more XP. :eek:

Well just remember you're playing those quests at a higher level than if you started from scratch. ;)

Angelus_dead
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Not sure how I feel about this.
I enjoy the low-level exposure to new players, help them, say Hi, and answer questions......
For best results, they would really give you the option to temporarily reduce the level of an existing character, then BING back up to your previous state when done.

Yargore
10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Will the level 4 have the starter gear, or will it get items from khorthos?

If it doesn't get set item of choice, then this veterancy will just save me an hour or so per toon. If even that long.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Tolero, quick question.

Say we unlock the veteran status, but there is an occasion we want to start a level 1 because a friend just starting playing as free to play, do we have the option of starting at 1 or 4?

ir0nw0lf
10-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Will the level 4 have the starter gear, or will it get items from khorthos?

If it doesn't get set item of choice, then this veterancy will just save me an hour or so per toon. If even that long.

Excellent question, would love to know this as well. There is a nice bit of stuff to bling out on over at Korthos for a lowbie char and if we can't go back to get any/all of it, it's going to be tough starting out on a naked level 4 char!

Quanefel
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Tolero, quick question.

Say we unlock the veteran status, but there is an occasion we want to start a level 1 because a friend just starting playing as free to play, do we have the option of starting at 1 or 4?

Why? New players will be on their own now. Sucks for them.

RavenStormclaw
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Will we be auto-leveld to 4 or can we choose each level? I ask this for those the mutliclass early.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM

the highlighted portion answers your sarcastic and completely condescending response. get your weak sauce out of my way so i can get an real answer from someone with actual related knowledge on the subject.

Quanefel
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM

the highlighted portion answers your sarcastic and completely condescending response. get your weak sauce out of my way so i can get an real answer from someone with actual related knowledge on the subject.

Weird. I thought the whole point of of now starting out at level 4 was so players did not have to run level 1-4 quests? Maybe you are right.

aurus33
10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Tolero, quick question.

I guess this will be an option like the current one we get when just starting a character
"Do you want to skip the tutorial?"

If yes, we received some xp and we're move into sunny Korthos, if no, well, we do the tutorial... etc.

so if we get the option to NOT go into the marketplace at once, we'll start at level one instead of 4.

again, this is my guess :)

muffinlad
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I guess this will be an option like the current one we get when just starting a character
"Do you want to skip the tutorial?"

If yes, we received some xp and we're move into sunny Korthos, if no, well, we do the tutorial... etc.

so if we get the option to NOT go into the marketplace at once, we'll start at level one instead of 4.

again, this is my guess :)

Reasonable guess.

muffinreason

Borror0
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you. Wish it was level 8, but thank you.
Personally, I would have set the bar at level 6 but this is a great addition.

I doubt it. It think it will be the other way around.

New players will run less often in veterans like us who just want to zerg their way out of a quest and more dungeon crawlers.

HamHamJ
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Do you start out with a leveling sigil or does your new character come in capped at 4?

Riggs
10-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Yay - 500+ runs of waterworks can finally come to an end.

I really hate fighting jumping kobolds.

sirgog
10-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Do you start out with a leveling sigil or does your new character come in capped at 4?

I have a very funny feeling that this is a ploy to sell more copper sigils...

Xenus_Paradox
10-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Can this be used on reincarnated characters?

Visty
10-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Can this be used on reincarnated characters?

no

Aerendil
10-09-2009, 07:47 AM
I like this one :)

The favour required seems fair (achievable around lvl 10'ish if you don't want to buy it), and is a nice reward for the vets who can't be arsed to start another character from scratch.
Level 4 allows them to start with reasonable equipment and especially benefits the arcanes who start out with a bit more firepower than they would at level 1. And not nearly as squishy, either.

Good stuff.

I'm curious though (and my apologies if this has been answered already) - is this a per-server ability? or will it be unlocked for all servers if bought from the store (similar to the race/class purchases)?

William_the_Bat
10-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I really hope we can opt out of veteran status. I don't want to have to play korthos above level just because I talked to Nyx with a high level guy.

I love the korthos quests, but doing them on a level 4 to get a few useful items would make them weak and pointless.

Low level play for me is every bit as much fun as high level play. How is running the shroud for the 22nd time for ingredients "more fun" than running misery's peak for the 22nd time for your low level set item?

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I really hope we can opt out of veteran status.
That's an available option when you first meet the person that trains you to level four. It's an all-or-nothing choice, though - level 1 or 4.

nytewolf
10-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Ok dumb question, or I missed it somewhere.

If we have Vet status and start a new character at lvl 4 are we going to be able to pick more than one class for those 4 lvls??

ie: Lvl 1 Rog, Lvl 2 Ftr, Lvl 3 Ftr, Lvl 4 Rog

lanthan
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Ok dumb question, or I missed it somewhere.

If we have Vet status and start a new character at lvl 4 are we going to be able to pick more than one class for those 4 lvls??

I would guess they handle it by just giving you enough exp to hit lvl 4.

Eladrin
10-09-2009, 09:11 AM

Yes, you can multiclass as a Veteran.

nytewolf
10-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Thankjs for the quick rep.
+1 for you

Baahb3
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
So basically you wanted to take vets out of starter areas where they could possibly answer questions for new players or God fobid actually take them through an occasional quest to teach them something.

And then as an after thought you realized it would be great to let poorly skilled characters that have not gained any proficiancy in the game through the beginning quests or any of the decent equipment in Korthos to be a bigger drain on the party in more difficult quests.

Do you really want the first quest someone does to be the Depths of Despair or Proof is in the Poison?

I realize that this is a wonderful option for vets who reroll alts alot (and I am one of them) but by offering it in the store for new players I really think you are just setting them up for incredible faillure as they will not have the skill or equipment for any of the quests in the immediate future of their characters.

On a side note, you just made it possible for every new player to skip the area you just spent 2 mods worth of work on, nice decision. Every new player says that the beginning area is great and most of them that go to VIP status cite that as one of the reasons.

I really just don't understand ANY of your recent 'upgrades' to this game.:confused::confused:

Quanefel
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Instant level 4 option? Brilliant.

How long do we have to wait for instant level 20 sigils to be sold? Imagine how much Turbine could make of them. :)

Solmage
10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
So basically you wanted to take vets out of starter areas where they could possibly answer questions for new players or God fobid actually take them through an occasional quest to teach them something

While I do that, I have actually noticed a lot of derision from the vets towards new folks, specially f2p, and every time they make a comment about how they don't like something, it's jaded calls of go back to WoW, etc etc.

Those vets that actually want to help people will still do so, but now those that don't specifically want to help anyone will no longer enter in contact with them. (Although the favor and exp aren't that bad) All they would need to do is change the anger's gift and similar set bonuses to not stack with bard songs or heroism and that alone would stop those items from being must-haves.

[ranty rant]selling vet status through the store is a bad idea[more rant]

They could always make newbies from the store start at level 4 BUT inside snowy korthos (muahaha)

But I agree in general vet status through the store seems like a bad idea, unless they code in some checks to make sure the buyer is an actual vet.

Gornn
10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
So basically you wanted to take vets out of starter areas where they could possibly answer questions for new players or God fobid actually take them through an occasional quest to teach them something.

And then as an after thought you realized it would be great to let poorly skilled characters that have not gained any proficiancy in the game through the beginning quests or any of the decent equipment in Korthos to be a bigger drain on the party in more difficult quests.

Do you really want the first quest someone does to be the Depths of Despair or Proof is in the Poison?

I realize that this is a wonderful option for vets who reroll alts alot (and I am one of them) but by offering it in the store for new players I really think you are just setting them up for incredible faillure as they will not have the skill or equipment for any of the quests in the immediate future of their characters.

On a side note, you just made it possible for every new player to skip the area you just spent 2 mods worth of work on, nice decision. Every new player says that the beginning area is great and most of them that go to VIP status cite that as one of the reasons.

I really just don't understand ANY of your recent 'upgrades' to this game.:confused::confused:

I didn't read the majority of your post. I stopped when I got to here: "So basically you wanted to take vets out of starter areas where they could possibly answer questions for new players or God fobid actually take them through an occasional quest to teach them something."

I don't know on which server you play, but on Khyber some of the veterans are jerks with the newbies. They are absolutely vicious.

I am happy for them to stay out of Korthos and let the people who care and want to help them learn to take the OPTION to level up through level 1.

This is win win on so many levels I'll give myself carpal tunnel syndrome typing out winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin....

eonfreon
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I didn't read the majority of your post. I stopped when I got to here: "So basically you wanted to take vets out of starter areas where they could possibly answer questions for new players or God fobid actually take them through an occasional quest to teach them something."

I don't know on which server you play, but on Khyber some of the veterans are jerks with the newbies. They are absolutely vicious.

I am happy for them to stay out of Korthos and let the people who care and want to help them learn to take the OPTION to level up through level 1.

This is win win on so many levels I'll give myself carpal tunnel syndrome typing out winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin....

Yep. Some people should just start at 4th level and leave others be :).
Me I won't bother -leveling to 4 is an afternoon and I like teaching sometimes. If I don't I can freakin solo.

Gornn
10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep. Some people should just start at 4th level and leave others be :).
Me I won't bother -leveling to 4 is an afternoon and I like teaching sometimes. If I don't I can freakin solo.

Amen.

BLAKROC
10-09-2009, 01:17 PM
in order to unlock vet status i had to log into all my lamania toons with over 1000 favor and speak to nyx only then did it work as intended. is this by design or a bug? as one would think that speaking to nyx with only one toon with the proper favor should make this feature work.

I must say that when you got to gear out your new lvl 4 one it seems to be a good deal. typical korthos gear with a few nice choices. and a bit upgraded weapons with better choices ie scimi, gs, staff etc all bases covered. Nicely done

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 01:38 PM
in order to unlock vet status i had to log into all my lamania toons with over 1000 favor and speak to nyx only then did it work as intended. is this by design or a bug? as one would think that speaking to nyx with only one toon with the proper favor should make this feature work.

I must say that when you got to gear out your new lvl 4 one it seems to be a good deal. typical korthos gear with a few nice choices. and a bit upgraded weapons with better choices ie scimi, gs, staff etc all bases covered. Nicely done

I tried talking to all my characters on lamannia that had over 1000 (except the ones I had to delete, not sure if they had 1000+ favor), and any character I create on lamannia has "Unknown!" Displayed as their class/level, and I cannot login to these characters.

Vienemen
10-09-2009, 02:06 PM
My powergaming days got me two 17s, and two 14s with a mix of lower alts. I am now a casual player and this is a nice option for us with limited play time that have gone through the ropes. I would humbly request that you continue this trend for those who have paid their dues and unlock higher starting chars (i.e. lvl 6, 8, 10+) with increased favor levels (this also means the ability to purchase this in the DDO store).

Good model you got going so far IMO. Came back after a year and a half to play again and signed back up for VIP the other week. I think what makes turbine money is good for the players. How else do you think we would have gotten full respecs, barber shops, etc etc.

V

Archguru
10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Its a nice idea, expecially for those of us who have been playing for a while and have altitis.

However, I second that it probably isn't a great store item. You are allowing people with no experience in the game to skip 4 levels of content and learning, invalidating the idea of the tutorial zone.

BangsLiekWhoa
10-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Its a nice idea, expecially for those of us who have been playing for a while and have altitis.

However, I second that it probably isn't a great store item. You are allowing people with no experience in the game to skip 4 levels of content and learning, invalidating the idea of the tutorial zone.
Couldn't agree more. Lots of new people will likely skip ahead to lvl 4 because then they will have more powerful characters. This will be at the expense of the quests that really help people learn the mechanics of DDO.

It is a great idea for people who have already done this part of the game, but not so much for new players. I think of it like talking to Jeets to skip the tutorial part if you have already done it on that server.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
This one should not be puchasable. You are cutting out a lot of quests that new players will miss if they do this and that will leave them behind in understanding how to play the game.

trptim
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Tested this out (after making sure all my 1000+ favor toons talked to Nyx, fix this please)

I tested doing the default path Vanguard Warrior and then did a customized fighter to see if there were any differences (there weren't)

The weapon you get for this is pretty lame, a +1 dagger:(

No self respecting 4th level fighter would be stabbing things with a dagger

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Tested this out (after making sure all my 1000+ favor toons talked to Nyx, fix this please)

I tested doing the default path Vanguard Warrior and then did a customized fighter to see if there were any differences (there weren't)

If you weren't planning to twink I don't imagine it would be wise to autolevel to 4 in the first place.

GoFishTN
10-09-2009, 03:52 PM
This one should not be puchasable. You are cutting out a lot of quests that new players will miss if they do this and that will leave them behind in understanding how to play the game.

First post:

You may purchase veteran status from the DDO Store once you've leveled a character to level 4

trptim
10-09-2009, 03:54 PM
If you weren't planning to twink I don't imagine it would be wise to autolevel to 4 in the first place.

Very good point, but they give gear similar to what you would have chosen had you run Korthos (the set they feel fits the class, goggles of insight, etc), I just don't think a dagger fits a fighter.

To fit how they originally set up Korthos, just give a list of weapons, in case there is a dagger specced fighter, but still giving the Great Crossbow guy a chance

Ganak
10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
If you True Reincarnate, you'll start at level 1 because remember when you True Reincarnate, it takes a little more XP to get through each level...

So basically if I understand correctly, we cannot use veteran status with characters that have used True Reincarnate?

How about making a "True Veteran Status" store item that costs more than a normal veteran status? I would pay to not have to take my True Reincarnated characters through 1-4. Good revenue possibility here.

SEMPER
10-09-2009, 06:08 PM
just tried out he veteran status , i must say its pretty nice to be able to get lvl 4 right off the bat and u get the started sets off of korthos to boot , i do like bringing my guys up but i dont think i will ever do it again lol

Dark_Helmet
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM

Why? Cha-ching.. $$$$$... Money money money... Greed is good.

The Easy button - now available in green (Easy for you, more green for turbine):
http://www.sidelanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/easybtn_green.png

Dark_Helmet
10-09-2009, 06:27 PM

You can buy all the low level equipment, tomes, shrines, mana and healing pots from the $tore already so why not?

There is nothing sacred anymore...

tazman
10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I must say i really like this. tks turbine.

Khurse
10-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm obviosuly missing something.
Only have one toon with more than 1000 favour (he has 1849)
He talke to Nyx, Nyx said two things (missed what they were)

Now I create a new toon, tehy appear on Korthos shore, have to do the tutorial.

How do I get the level 4 toon?

I've tried exiting the game, relogging, don't see any option to start as a level 4.

Ayspy
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
How about this:

1000 favor gives you lvl 4 buy in
2000 favor gives you lvl 7 buy in
3000 favor gives you lvl 10 buy in

At least this would show some compliment to those that have actually taken the time to get their favor. As it seems now, everything is buyable, no joy to those who have actually spent endless hours grinding their 3000+ favor.

And put our +3 tomes in our bank for after we ve true reincarnated. As it stands now, true reincarnation for +2!!! build points and some not so interresting feats, doesnt seem too inviting.The thought of having to do the full grind over again, just doesnt seem worthwhile to having say +1 to my will/reflex save.

Claver
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM

I too had the same experience of needing to have multiple +1000 favor characters log in and speak to nyx. Turbine, it was not at all clear that this was required (nor should it be). I liked the flavor of the text but I couldn't tell when it was all done that I had activated the veteran status for future characters

Turbine, starting on an airship was a classy and logical way to enter the market. I love the idea of telling an unfolding story to level up and I'm overjoyed that we can multiclass. From the description in the thread I assumed I would have to take 4 straight levels in a single class as the penalty/trade-off for skipping low levels. The extra starting grear is a nice bonus (yeah black widow bracers)

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 08:52 PM
First post:

My point stands. Levelling 1 char to 4 isn't enough to learn anything.

Hambo
10-09-2009, 09:00 PM

This is win win on so many levels I'll give myself carpal tunnel syndrome typing out winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin.... ....winwinwinwOUCH!!!!

Fixed that for ya! :D
[EDIT: I agree with you about how some "Vets" need to be kept from the new recruits!]

TheJusticar
10-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Let us know about your experiences with the new Veteran Status!

You doggone Sons of ...... winners.

You keep proving me wrong about Turbine not caring about DDO. I don't like it. I hate being proven wrong. :p

Godspeed.

Letrii
10-10-2009, 03:26 AM
My point stands. Levelling 1 char to 4 isn't enough to learn anything.

They have to level to 4 or gind 1000 favor to unlock this. If you think leveling to 4 isn't enough to learn game; how is it any different than not buying this, leveling to 4 and not knowing game, in your opiniion?

Mjesko
10-10-2009, 04:57 AM
How about this:

At least this would show some compliment to those that have actually taken the time to get their favor. As it seems now, everything is buyable, no joy to those who have actually spent endless hours grinding their 3000+ favor.

I think this is a good idea and it rewards players that have a VIP account or have purchased multiple quests with TP.

sirgog
10-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Suggestion - increase the min level to purchase this option from level 4 to level 8.

By level 8, players have learned enough about the game that they'll be able to contribute (a little bit at least) on their level 4 alts.

RavenStormclaw
10-10-2009, 09:34 AM

Did you talk to Bellweather Bill when you exited the boat in the market place? The captain tells you to so to get your weapons back. I did and had an impressive list to choose from. Basically +1 Flaming (not ember) weapons of all varities, a mace with devotion II on it for clerics/souls, and a staff with potency II on it for wizards/sorcerers. I would say this is not a bad little gift from Turbine.

Reisz
10-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Getting flagged for veteran status is kind of buggy. None of my 1750+ toons would count, Luckly I had a toon who was at 1300 favor and he was able to talk to Nyx and flag my account.

Hope Turbine can fix this.

SEMPER
10-10-2009, 11:19 AM
also noticed this myself , but also noticed i had to regain my 1750 favor to unlock my 32 ptrs for creating a new character , i had to talk to nyx again but once i did that no bigge , may be just a bug over here

Hambo
10-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Very good point, but they give gear similar to what you would have chosen had you run Korthos (the set they feel fits the class, goggles of insight, etc), I just don't think a dagger fits a fighter.

To fit how they originally set up Korthos, just give a list of weapons, in case there is a dagger specced fighter, but still giving the Great Crossbow guy a chance

I don't know if the gear set varies at all but I chose the Rogue "luggage" when I built my 2Rog/2Wiz and was happy to see that it inluded the "Nimble" glove/amulet set, and in addition had the Black Widow Bracers as well! :D

RavenStormclaw
10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I like the new veteran system. I am an alt-a-holic. I have begun to hate Korthos (and I love this area). I loathe Arlos at this point and want to kill him myself. Ok all fun aside I do like this idea. In fact, for the fun of it I created one of every class type just to view the starting equipment. I have a few observations and suggestionis about this.

The starting equipment you get from the Minotaur is pretty darn good. However a few specifcs:

1) Fighter-- they get the protector set. I can see why you gave this to paladins as the defenders of the meek. However, both rangers and barbarians get the sets that give +2 to hit. Really I think fighters should be on equal footing there. Personally I would give them the Anger's step set.

2) Sorcerers/wizards: Both get the Archivist set. Which gives 20 bonus spell points. While they are both arcane casters they are vastly different in their approach. I would give wizards the archivist set and sorcerers the arcane set. I suspect the reason you didn't was because you can get a potency II quarter staff from Bill which is better than the set bonus from arcane. Still I think a little difference to be good.

3) Rouges: very nice they only thing I question is getting +1 leather and the Black Widow bracers (Monks also get these). Frankly, most casters I know seek these out and early to low mid game AC still helps and this with a shield spell can easily push AC to mid 20's on casters. I would think about giving the bracers to casters as well.

The selection of weapons from Bill is very nice.

Overall I am very impressed with this.

Tharlak
10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Getting flagged for veteran status is kind of buggy. None of my 1750+ toons would count, Luckly I had a toon who was at 1300 favor and he was able to talk to Nyx and flag my account.

Hope Turbine can fix this.

I have not been able to activate veteran status. I have characters with more than 1750, or significantly below 1000 (and not going to grind 1000 pts to test). The 1750 chars all talked, but nothing happened.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 10:09 AM
It's probably level 4 because a free player could convceivably get to 1000 favor before unlocking the level cap increase?

umm.. lol

i'm not even to 1000 favor, with the entire free game completed, and most of gianthold.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
bah stat points sorry about that

so, a character who has managed a couple of True Reincarnations, would then effectively become a 36 point? hmm. So, what are the stat limits in DDO? 25? 30? 40?

SirShen
10-11-2009, 10:13 AM
No underwater item?

While im on about underwater items why the hell dont they drop any more? Why is level 7 the base level now for an underwater item?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/shenpet/UW.jpg

Tharlak
10-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I wonder what the barkeeps did with all the no ml UA items I sold them.

Dang, really, level 7.

Junts
10-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I like the new veteran system. I am an alt-a-holic. I have begun to hate Korthos (and I love this area). I loathe Arlos at this point and want to kill him myself. Ok all fun aside I do like this idea. In fact, for the fun of it I created one of every class type just to view the starting equipment. I have a few observations and suggestionis about this.

The starting equipment you get from the Minotaur is pretty darn good. However a few specifcs:

1) Fighter-- they get the protector set. I can see why you gave this to paladins as the defenders of the meek. However, both rangers and barbarians get the sets that give +2 to hit. Really I think fighters should be on equal footing there. Personally I would give them the Anger's step set.

2) Sorcerers/wizards: Both get the Archivist set. Which gives 20 bonus spell points. While they are both arcane casters they are vastly different in their approach. I would give wizards the archivist set and sorcerers the arcane set. I suspect the reason you didn't was because you can get a potency II quarter staff from Bill which is better than the set bonus from arcane. Still I think a little difference to be good.

3) Rouges: very nice they only thing I question is getting +1 leather and the Black Widow bracers (Monks also get these). Frankly, most casters I know seek these out and early to low mid game AC still helps and this with a shield spell can easily push AC to mid 20's on casters. I would think about giving the bracers to casters as well.

Archivist's necklace is something level 20 characters carry .. not g iving it to any sp-using character is a straight up screwjob, and would probably prevent many people from taking their sp-using chars through vet status, since its irreplacable and un-gettable if you've got another.

Chaosprism
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Starting at level 4 is fine I guess, but for those that like to make alts :
Having an ALTERNATE start point(mission series) for your level 1 character would be good too, I realise this counts as "content" and a lot of veterans desperately dont want time spent on low level stuff because it's not important to them.

But now we have TRUE reincarnating, wouldnt you want to play a different level 1-3 series of quests before hitting stormreach?

Something that doesnt ASSUME you dont know the game like korthos does, rather that you do know what your'e doing so something that will challenge you with your new alt level 1.

When and if khorvaire/sharn comes as content we may well see this.

BLAKROC
10-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Archivist's necklace is something level 20 characters carry .. not g iving it to any sp-using character is a straight up screwjob, and would probably prevent many people from taking their sp-using chars through vet status, since its irreplacable and un-gettable if you've got another.

you can get this as well, it gives you option on what class of gear you want, choose the caster class both times i did i ended up with archivist necklace.

MagicianBlade
10-11-2009, 11:34 AM
BTW, I think this is a fantastic idea, and it might actually encourage me to consider making more characters. Which might bring me to eventually purchasing more content on the live server, although as a generally broke person, that might come much slower than I'd like to. Then again, with the Reincarnation options, that might also. Seems like a win-win there.

*see, i'm not all full of **** and vinegar like my posts on the other threads indicate :)

TheJusticar
10-11-2009, 12:30 PM
1. It if can be bought from the store, I'd strongly advice changing the name to "Fast Track" status. Veteran status, just by the name, means it was "earned." Now, before you flame me I'm actually FOR 32-point builds for sale (I truly hated grinding to get my 1750, why should someone do that if they can pay?); however, veteran status implies exactly that (that's you played up to 1000 fav or whatever). I, for instance, cannot pay the US Army to give me a War Veteran status so while it's nice to have a lvl4 toon from the outset you should either make it an accomplishment-only reward or change its name to reflect what it does.

2. The other suggestion would be to put the person with enough XP to reach level 4 but no level taken (past level 1, of course). That way, a "fast track" player can get his first level by default, eat as many tomes as they want, then lvl (or splash as needed) up to level 4.

Godspeed.

oberon131313
10-12-2009, 05:51 PM
tested this out this morning.

I agree with some of the posters, while the flavor text from Nyx is nice, there is no good indication that you have actually unlocked the veteran ability (a nice system message always works).

I went with my high favor toon, and talked to Nyx, and then logged out and made a character, who showed up on Korthos. I then deleted that character, logged into my second highest favor toon, and talked to Nyx, making sure to talk to him multiple times, to ensure that he knew. I logged out, created another character, and that character showed up on the airship.

Talked to the leveling guy, and I really like the interface. It took me a moment to realize it was more RPing the releveling process, and it might have caused me to miss a level in another class for the first option if I wasn't paying attention, but that would have been a simple enough error to correct. Was able to level, take enhancements, and get the gear set with no problem.

Talked to the captain, got my flaming greatsword from the guy just in front on the landing, and then was on my way.

I do like the expanded list for weapons when stepping off, though if you are going to have most martial weapons, why not have them all? My barb would have loved to take a maul instead of the greatsword.

jimmymac32409
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I love the Veteran Status. Starting at level 4 is awesome. I tried it after some logging in and out to get my account flagged to do it. I created a level 4 Sorc without a hitch. One thing though. Shouldn't the small bags be added to the loot you receive? I mean you get them right after getting off the boat from Krothos so why not get them when you create a Veteran toon? I don't want to have to slog all the way down to the docks just to get my free bags.

TheJusticar
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't want to have to slog all the way down to the docks just to get my free bags.

Seriously? Are we, as a player community, digging so low that it is now a burden to drop a flight of stairs to get collectable and gem bags. sigh.

jimmymac32409
10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Seriously? Are we, as a player community, digging so low that it is now a burden to drop a flight of stairs to get collectable and gem bags. sigh.

A flight of stairs? That's not all it is. Do you not realize that when you create your character this way you start out at the top of the spire in the marketplace by the airship. Besides this is suppose to be a convenience and its not convenient for me to go all that way back there. I'm sure that is part of the reason we start in the market. I still want my bags when I create a character this way and I'm sure others wouldn't mind if they added it also.

THAC0
10-13-2009, 12:13 PM
This is very cool. Just need a few hundred more. :)

TheJusticar
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
A flight of stairs? That's not all it is. Do you not realize that when you create your character this way you start out at the top of the spire in the marketplace by the airship. Besides this is suppose to be a convenience and its not convenient for me to go all that way back there. I'm sure that is part of the reason we start in the market. I still want my bags when I create a character this way and I'm sure others wouldn't mind if they added it also.

Oh the tragedy!!! 2 more minutes to get your bags!!! Goodness what was I thinking!?!?!?

moonprophet
10-13-2009, 01:59 PM
How the h%)) do you get veteran status to work? I talked to nyx several times with two different toons that both have over 1750 favor. I rebooted the client. I created a new toon. Level one. talked to a trainer. nada. What am I missing?

jimmymac32409
10-13-2009, 08:29 PM
How the h%)) do you get veteran status to work? I talked to nyx several times with two different toons that both have over 1750 favor. I rebooted the client. I created a new toon. Level one. talked to a trainer. nada. What am I missing?
It looks like the bug makes it so the only way to flag your account for veteran right now is to log onto every toon you have that has over 1000 favor and talk to NYX at least 3 times. Also some people seem to not be able to get flagged unless they have a toon that has between 1000 and 1750 but not 1750 or over.

binnsr
10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
How about this:

And put our +3 tomes in our bank for after we ve true reincarnated. As it stands now, true reincarnation for +2!!! build points and some not so interresting feats, doesnt seem too inviting.The thought of having to do the full grind over again, just doesnt seem worthwhile to having say +1 to my will/reflex save.

/signed .. was going to suggest 4/8/12, but this works too..

moorewr
10-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I tried this out with various classes, and I like it! Some bugs, and some notes:

Your Resurrection location is the shipwreck shore, so if you don't rebind before you die (which I promptly did by jumping off Falconer's Spire a few times) you and up talking to Jeets.

Jeets did not offer me a chance to skip the tutorial, so it's off to grotto for me.

Some of the gear sets are peculiar - are they somewhat random? My rogue was given leather armor AND black widow bracers, plus the nimble gear set.. (I'd have much preferred the pathfinder or anger set).My sorcerer wasn't offered bracers at all.. so I wondered if the BW bracers were just in the wrong table there.

moorewr
10-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Also I am in complete agreement about having higher initial levels for higher favor totals. GREAT idea.

One thing to consider on those higher levels is giving the character some completions (at least normal comnpletions) for favor by fiat.. since runnign korthos at level 7 or 10 is not much challenge and provides little reward.

binnsr
10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Jeets did not offer me a chance to skip the tutorial, so it's off to grotto for me.

I also encountered this last night. My lvl4 ranger was dropped on the shipwrecked shore, but I was given the opportunity to skip. To see what would happen, I chose to do the tutorial, but Celimas and party got bugged (I think they couldn't handle my faster run speed with sprint boost and got lost -- retracing my steps, I found them facing the wall in front of the lever that you have to hit to let Celimas through).
As a result, I couldn't spawn the Sahaugin in the water-pit room so wasn't able to complete to see if it still dropped me on snowy-korthos.

I'll give it another shot tonight and see what happens.

moorewr
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
I also encountered this last night. My lvl4 ranger was dropped on the shipwrecked shore, but I was given the opportunity to skip. To see what would happen, I chose to do the tutorial, but Celimas and party got bugged (I think they couldn't handle my faster run speed with sprint boost and got lost -- retracing my steps, I found them facing the wall in front of the lever that you have to hit to let Celimas through).
As a result, I couldn't spawn the Sahaugin in the water-pit room so wasn't able to complete to see if it still dropped me on snowy-korthos.

I'll give it another shot tonight and see what happens.

I ran through the grotto and emerged in Snowy Korthos. My bind point had changed to Korthos village.

An oddity was that the First Mate's text was the right one for post-Misery's Peak. When I went to Stormreach and came back I was in Sunny Korthos (I should have gone into the wavecrest first..).

Aerendil
10-16-2009, 10:02 AM

That is odd, for sure. A level 4 character *should* still be in the Harbour happily doing those quests. Not sure why they went with the Marketplace airship spire, except for roleplaying purposes.

Simple fix, though:
- airship = provide pop-up windows with loot choices, allowing new characters to choose exactly what loot they start with. If the dev's intend for the Veteran status characters to skip Korthos, the story arc "set"s should be available in this loot listing.
Other loot, such as the Black Widow bracers, seems oddly out of place in this list, and the new character should be forced to run all Harbour quests and earn any non-Korthos equipment IMO. Just let us skip Korthos, that's all.
I'd imagine if you're making a level 4 character, you already have reasonable equipment to pass to him/her via shared vault or mail system anyways!

- bind point = place new players in one of the 2 taverns in harbour, with their bindpoint set there. The tavern that previously had Durk in it, for example, is seldom used anymore and would provide a perfect "veteran character" starting zone, complete with a bind point. Shouldn't be too difficult to do, yeah? Have them flagged as completing Korthos village, as well, so that they can choose to go back there, but are treated as being on the sunny version, not the snowy.

Vendra
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Cool, now I got an extra 1.5 hours that I can spend elsewhere, instead of doing the 1-4 grind. Btw, when are we going to see Epic Veteran Status where we start at level 10?

Probably never but +1 rep anyway for reaching for the stars :)

Tharlak
10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Even after Lammania update, still can't make use of veteran status. Have 2000 favor, but no acknowledgement from Nyx.

SirShen
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Please please give them the underwater item ring.

Lillitheris
10-19-2009, 05:55 AM
bind point = place new players in one of the 2 taverns in harbour, with their bindpoint set there. The tavern that previously had Durk in it, for example, is seldom used anymore and would provide a perfect "veteran character" starting zone, complete with a bind point. Shouldn't be too difficult to do, yeah? Have them flagged as completing Korthos village, as well, so that they can choose to go back there, but are treated as being on the sunny version, not the snowy.

The tavern that previously had Durk in it (the Leaky Dinghy) is currently the "noob character" starting zone. All characters coming from Korthos are told to bind there. I'd much rather have the Wayvard Lobster as a starting place for veteran status characters.

ahpook
10-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Also I am in complete agreement about having higher initial levels for higher favor totals. GREAT idea.

I would disagree with this. (Disclosure: I have a bias against giving account type rewards to character favor).

I would far prefer seeing this as something like:

2 characters @ level 12 : Veteran status to create lvl 4 characters
3 characters @ level 16 : Create level 7 characters
4 characters @ level 20 : Create level 10 characters

Of course the numbers can be juggled. The idea is to reward the player for having played multiple characters through the low level content.

Since they have already tied it to favor, there is likely 0 chance of them shifting it to this model. :(

One thing to consider on those higher levels is giving the character some completions (at least normal comnpletions) for favor by fiat.. since runnign korthos at level 7 or 10 is not much challenge and provides little reward.

Rather than do this, I would rather see them revise the favor model so that you cannot get favor if you are too far above level. Include with that a temporary deleveling system so you can tackle lower level quests and still get favor.

TheJusticar
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I would disagree with this. (Disclosure: I have a bias against giving account type rewards to character favor).

I would far prefer seeing this as something like:

2 characters @ level 12 : Veteran status to create lvl 4 characters
3 characters @ level 16 : Create level 7 characters
4 characters @ level 20 : Create level 10 characters

Of course the numbers can be juggled. The idea is to reward the player for having played multiple characters through the low level content.

Since they have already tied it to favor, there is likely 0 chance of them shifting it to this model. :(

Rather than do this, I would rather see them revise the favor model so that you cannot get favor if you are too far above level. Include with that a temporary deleveling system so you can tackle lower level quests and still get favor.

Way to completely over-engineer this. You want to make it simple not complex. Temporary deleving, I mean really? There's tradeoffs. You want max favor, you start a toon at level 1. You want to level fast you roll a "veteran" toon (depending on the highest favor toon in the account). The only choice should be (at creation time) to start your toon in Korthos as level1 or Marketplace at lvl4/7/10 etc. Everything else are superfluous and non-necessary, IMO.

Godspeed.

ahpook
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Way to completely over-engineer this. You want to make it simple not complex. Temporary deleving, I mean really? There's tradeoffs. You want max favor, you start a toon at level 1. You want to level fast you roll a "veteran" toon (depending on the highest favor toon in the account). The only choice should be (at creation time) to start your toon in Korthos as level1 or Marketplace at lvl4/7/10 etc. Everything else are superfluous and non-necessary, IMO.

Godspeed.

To be clear, I am completely fine with no favor. I am "over-engineering" the favor system instead of giving out free favor as part of the veteran system. If people are going to demand favor because running higher levels through korthos for favor is pointless, then the problem should NOT be solved by giving out free favor.

By the way, a deleveling system has been suggested by others to solve problems like the ability to mentor new players and play with friends who have characters below the power-level penalty. Using it to improve favor is another benefit to such a system.

Scutilla
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Some of the gear sets are peculiar - are they somewhat random? My rogue was given leather armor AND black widow bracers, plus the nimble gear set.. (I'd have much preferred the pathfinder or anger set).My sorcerer wasn't offered bracers at all.. so I wondered if the BW bracers were just in the wrong table there.
Yeah, considering the loot you get from starting at level 4 is pretty nice, what's offered becomes a big issue. I'd hate it if I accidentally picked the wrong thing and missed out on, say, the Archivist necklace.

Does anyone with Lamannia and some spare time want to roll up a few Veterans and type up a list of what's offered for each class? ^_^

In any case, I'm definitely taking advantage of this come Wednesday. I've been wanting to try out a wizard for a while, but just haven't had the stomach to slog through Korthos again.

moorewr
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, considering the loot you get from starting at level 4 is pretty nice, what's offered becomes a big issue. I'd hate it if I accidentally picked the wrong thing and missed out on, say, the Archivist necklace.

Does anyone with Lamannia and some spare time want to roll up a few Veterans and type up a list of what's offered for each class? ^_^

In any case, I'm definitely taking advantage of this come Wednesday. I've been wanting to try out a wizard for a while, but just haven't had the stomach to slog through Korthos again.

When I can get back in (Currently staring at a closed server, natch) I'll try and take some notes.

So, regarding zero favor and this and future higher level veteran starts: why not let veterans open quests below their starting level on elite? That way nothing is handed out for free, but you don't have to repeat Korthos or harbor material if you don't want to.

Ereshkigal
10-26-2009, 10:16 PM

So... What about a multiclass character? say your first 4 levels you want 1 rogue, 1 monk, 2 ranger... like you know a few people will :) Do you get offered the Black widow bracers considering you have both rogue and monk levels or does it default to the ranger offerings?

lanthan
10-27-2009, 12:38 AM
So... What about a multiclass character? say your first 4 levels you want 1 rogue, 1 monk, 2 ranger... like you know a few people will :) Do you get offered the Black widow bracers considering you have both rogue and monk levels or does it default to the ranger offerings?

As i understand it such a character would be offered a choice of the rogue package the monk package or the ranger package.

moorewr
10-27-2009, 07:10 AM

The minotaur tells you it has two (or three) bags of gear and can't tell which is yours, and you pick the class set you want.

Also, ahem - I hate to bring this up - certain items are bound to account. You know, that's actually pretty cool, but I'm afraid we'll find people taking advantage of this fact. As for me, I can't imagine anything more boring than wading through the chargen over and over to make a stack of black widow bracers... or disciple robes, or what have you.

Gol
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I can't imagine anything more boring than wading through the chargen over and over to make a stack of black widow bracers... or disciple robes, or what have you.It beats running waterworks over and over...

Junts
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Until they change this so that all cleric, favored soul, bard, paladin, and ranger characters recieve the archivist's necklace, this feature exists exclusively for arcanes, barbarians, fighters and monks.

lanthan
10-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Until they change this so that all cleric, favored soul, bard, paladin, and ranger characters recieve the archivist's necklace, this feature exists exclusively for arcanes, barbarians, fighters and monks.

If you want the archivist's necklace you can go back and do misery peak and get it.
I have tested this.

Sir_Chonas
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM

There are currently 973 favor points available to free to play players. . . so no they cannot "conveceivably" get to 1000 favor. They can conceivably get to 973 favor if they do every quest on elite (except the solo only ones) which includes getting to level at least 8 (12-4 for the highest level free to play content is level 12 and you can be a maximum of 4 levels below the quest level).

Junts
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
If you want the archivist's necklace you can go back and do misery peak and get it.
I have tested this.

So this allows people to acquire 2 misery's peak items? As that is otherwise impossible .. that is a nice perk in itself.

CDG
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
You've saved an hour and a half of blasting through Korthos, Harbour and farming Ringleader.

Not overwhelming. Very WOW.

Junts
10-27-2009, 09:41 PM
it says you start with 1000 favor; there's no way that's allocated that doesn't involve free backpack spots, bank space and house p buffs ..

TheJusticar
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
You've saved an hour and a half of blasting through Korthos, Harbour and farming Ringleader.

Not overwhelming. Very WOW.

For those of us who can only afford to play 2 hours/day or so it's pretty nice perk. I rather use that time to start grinding my way to level 8 than having to grind Goodblades (i.e. Korthos) and Harbor once again.

SteeleTrueheart
11-05-2009, 05:31 AM
A level 4 paladin is given a +1 dagger as his only melee weapon. Insult. EDIT: Noted that after you speak to the guy in stormreach market place you get the choice of a +1 flaming weapon. Nice touch.

EDIT: Also if you talk to the minotaur on the boat who gives you your gear but choose 'end conversation' without asking for stuff he still gives you 100 spell components. I did this 9 times and had 900 components. Figured that was enough testing so asked fo my stuff at that point.

A pure level 4 paladin can purchase the balance skill like he had a previous class that gave him balance as a class skill. i.e he can purchase full ranks in the balance skill but it does cost him 2 skill points per rank.

It is not the case with UMD and I did not take the time to try other skills. EDIT: Jump is not bugged either.

Arkat
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
What Turbine should do for Veteran characters is give them the option to open any level 1-4 quests on Elite straight away. That way it won't be such a grind to get the favor for them.

SteeleTrueheart
11-05-2009, 06:27 PM
What Turbine should do for Veteran characters is give them the option to open any level 1-4 quests on Elite straight away. That way it won't be such a grind to get the favor for them.

Or just 1-3 since theoretically you should be doing level 4 quests at level 4.

At the least the Korthos quests.

Arkat
11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Or just 1-3 since theoretically you should be doing level 4 quests at level 4.

I can see that. Good suggestion!

UnderwearModel
11-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I like the level 4.

Overall, I give this idea 4.5 stars out of 5.

1. We already have twink gear
2. I can quickly make a bank toon again.

The bad
1. The plat farmers get to use it also. And speaking of platfarmers, I received mail messages today. Coincidence?

arrrcher
11-07-2009, 12:18 AM
couldnt get the proceed to lvl 4 opt on toon create so I looked at my favor toon (he's now a mule).

his favor was demoted back to 1746 awhile back (2 years now?). I have been rolling 32 pointers no problem, but figured this was it so I did a few basic quests and got him back up to 1750.

rerolled and am still starting on korthos - no airship start. no opt to start at lvl 4.

sad fail IMO.

moorewr
11-07-2009, 07:51 AM
couldnt get the proceed to lvl 4 opt on toon create so I looked at my favor toon (he's now a mule).

his favor was demoted back to 1746 awhile back (2 years now?). I have been rolling 32 pointers no problem, but figured this was it so I did a few basic quests and got him back up to 1750.

rerolled and am still starting on korthos - no airship start. no opt to start at lvl 4.

sad fail IMO.

One possibility: you didn't talk to Nyx again with a character with >1000 favor.

Chaosprism
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
The thing i'd change with veteran status, is to TELL you what items are included in the class set of starter items.

So if you're a multiclass and have an option, it'd be good to know what you're getting with each option.

Bravosi
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM

sad fail IMO.

I had this happen as well...dropped to 1749 then leveled back over 1750 but could not start a veteran char.

Contact customer support and they will fix this for you. It took about a week for them to get to me but I am happy with the solution.

Irinis
12-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Eeep, no waterbreathing ring!