PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation Feedback: Greater Reincarnation

Tolero
10-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Issues with Greater Reincarnation should be resolved with today's Lamannia patch. If you continue to experience errors, please report the errors!

As part of our new Reincarnation system, we're offering a preview of Greater Reincarnation on Lamannia. Like Lesser Reincarnation, this allows you to change the skills, feats, and abilities of your character without having to start the character over again. Unlike Lesser Reincarnation, Greater Reincarnation upgrades a non-drow 28 point character to a 32 point character.

NOTE: You must have the ability to create 32 point characters, whether by favor unlock or Store purchase, in order to receive the benefits of a Greater Reincarnation.

In order to reincarnate, your character must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a Greater Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store

NOTE: When you greater reincarnate, your character will be placed on an airship to Stormreach at level 1 with no equipment. Speak with the NPC on the boat, who will take you through the remainder of your reincarnation process granting you the XP and reassigning your skills/feats/etc until you've reached the level you were before you greater reincarnated. After you're finished, speak with the NPC's to arrive in the Marketplace, and head for the bank to retrieve your gear. Your gear is held for you in your bank in a new special tab that allows you to remove gear out, but not place it back in. If you decide to reincarnate the same character multiple times, be sure to clear your gear out of your reincarnation bank first.

Let us know your feedback on Greater Reincarnation!

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM
you hade me at greater

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 12:50 PM
so you will not be able to change lvls unless you do a full true reincanation very disappointing

Gol
10-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Not being able to change a single class level without rerolling on a steeper XP curve = YOU SCREWED THE POOCH!

HeavenlyCloud
10-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Interesting.

Impaqt
10-08-2009, 12:55 PM
NOTE: You must have the ability to create 32 point characters, whether by favor unlock or Store purchase, in order to receive the benefits of a Greater Reincarnation.

:)

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 12:57 PM

yes that is covered here in the notes

32 Point Character Creation

You may now unlock the ability to create a character who begins with 32 ability points instead of 28 by earning 1750 favor or with Turbine Points in the DDO Store! 32 Point Build Characters can be found in the Premium Items category of the DDO Store.

The_Ick
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, i was wondering about that too. So if weare 19fighter/1 paly and we want to be pure fighter then the only option is to use the "True Reincarnation" option and start at lvl 1 again. Can't say i love it, but is better then nothing.

All in all, it is a pretty cool idea for endgame.

1 question. It doesn't say what level you have to be in order to use the "reincarnation" features. Does the toon have to be capped?

shinmade
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
It is settled. 32 pointers are purchasable. More money for Turbine, cheers !

nytewolf
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Regarding what level you can do this at. If the special tokens you need are not purchasable in the store then you cant make the change until 20th unless the tokens are tradeable or BTA due to needing to be 20th to run Epic quests for said tokens.

Avonwey
10-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Regarding what level you can do this at. If the special tokens you need are not purchasable in the store then you cant make the change until 20th unless the tokens are tradeable or BTA due to needing to be 20th to run Epic quests for said tokens.

The tokens are purchasable.

nytewolf
10-08-2009, 01:06 PM
must have missed that.

Missing_Minds
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Not being able to change a single class level without rerolling on a steeper XP curve = YOU SCREWED THE POOCH!

It also means your character will have the exact same amount of skill points that they started with... well, mindful of the fact tomes are ml now.

This is the only thing I can think of. You can't go back and make your start be rogue for even more skill points.

With no alignment changes, they don't have to worry about paladins, bards, monks, barbarians cross classing in ways that would be broken.

But if it makes you feel better, I'm sad also, I was hoping for a respect so I could take my lvl 10 from being a fighter over to a paladin so I don't have to run the **** again. oh well.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
tomes will be retained with Greater? they are not retained with true.

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
tomes will be retained with Greater? they are not retained with true.

yes the only difference it seems betwen lesser and greater is it turns your 28 point build into a 32

rimble
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
It would be a wonderful gesture if you granted a free Reincarnation (of some type, not sure which really) for old subscribers, or VIPs, or something. We've been through alot with this game, and charging us to fix problems/mistakes that have arisen as the game changed beneath us is kind of...I dunno, extortionist. Let us get up to date, then you can charge us if we want to be nitpicky and tweak things in the future.

Gol
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Lesser = Stat Redistribution, Skill Point assignment, and Feat selection. Think "talking to Fred on steroids".
Greater = Lesser + 28pt to 32pt upgrade
True = Reroll as 34/36 point with a steeper xp curve, keep gear, lose XP / tomes

bandyman1
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I gotta say I love the implementations of all three.

It gives us the ability to adjust our characters due to changes in the game ( which is what those who argued pro-respec wanted ), and the costs of True Ress addresses the concerns many raised about going form 20th level barb to 20th level caster all in one fell swoop.

Two thumbs up Turbine Devs.

Tarrant
10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
1 question. It doesn't say what level you have to be in order to use the "reincarnation" features. Does the toon have to be capped?

No, characters don't need to be capped for lesser and greater reincarnation. Feel free to use it anytime.

doppleganger
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
>True Reincarnation

>A true reincarnation lets the player recreate a more powerful character and change anything about them (except for the name and gender), including their class and race.

That sentence was clear.

>Tapping into memories of their former selves, true reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend in character generation as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats.

Ok, more build points + access to Past Life Feats. How does that translate in game terms? Reading further, it looks like its 2 extra build points per true reincarnation. What about those Past Life Feats? Do you get more as you reincarnate more?

>Each True generation will also be physically larger than previous generations (you're welcome Halflings!).

whatever, lol.

>True reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level.

Ok, that one was clear.

>True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation, and are always base 32 point, even if the character was initially created as a 28 point.

What is this business of "for every true reincarnation" ? From what I have read so far, you can do this multiple times. Will one have to get to cap (level 20) before getting another True reincarnation? Else, if there are cumulative benefits to multiple reincarnations, I figure I would reincarnate 10 times in a row at level 1 and then build the uber toon...

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
>True Reincarnation

>A true reincarnation lets the player recreate a more powerful character and change anything about them (except for the name and gender), including their class and race.

That sentence was clear.

>Tapping into memories of their former selves, true reincarnated characters will receive additional build points to spend in character generation as well as unique bonuses in the form of access to Past Life Feats.

Ok, more build points + access to Past Life Feats. How does that translate in game terms? Reading further, it looks like its 2 extra build points per true reincarnation. What about those Past Life Feats? Do you get more as you reincarnate more?

>Each True generation will also be physically larger than previous generations (you're welcome Halflings!).

whatever, lol.

>True reincarnation allows players to relive their journey through Stormreach. Characters will keep no experience or favor upon creation, will start at level 1, and require more experience to progress through each level.

Ok, that one was clear.

>True reincarnation grants 2 bonus build points for every true reincarnation, and are always base 32 point, even if the character was initially created as a 28 point.

What is this business of "for every true reincarnation" ? From what I have read so far, you can do this multiple times. Will one have to get to cap (level 20) before getting another True reincarnation? Else, if there are cumulative benefits to multiple reincarnations, I figure I would reincarnate 10 times in a row at level 1 and then build the uber toon...

you can reincarnate twice so the first time you become a 34 point build and second time you become a 34 point build

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 01:37 PM

While I don't think they should allow us to completely rebuild from scratch, I do agree that allowing the spec out of 1 or level2 (a rather commonly regretted thing, especially for pre-captsone chars) would have been a nice option.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 01:38 PM
It is settled. 32 pointers are purchasable. More money for Turbine, cheers !

Yup, excellent move

adm5893
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Yup, excellent move

Yes it will be a money maker. I know I am going to increase my 28 point main to 32 pt and reselect my skills instead of having a 19 Heal and Diplomacy, I might have something higher than a 3 jump or balance.

doppleganger
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
nevermind, just spotted the other thread about True Reincarnation...

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes it will be a money maker. I know I am going to increase my 28 point main to 32 pt and reselect my skills instead of having a 19 Heal and Diplomacy, I might have something higher than a 3 jump or balance.

My original 28 point cleric might be better off at 32 pts and without her swim and repair skill too. (repair isn't for fixing your equipment? underwater action items fall from the sky in every chest? huh...)

Bogenbroom
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
While I don't think they should allow us to completely rebuild from scratch, I do agree that allowing the spec out of 1 or level2 (a rather commonly regretted thing, especially for pre-captsone chars) would have been a nice option.

Yes, while I am not generally in favor of respec, They seem to have gone to two extremes. I think Lesser and True are pretty well designed. I, personally, might have leaned toward Greater being like Lesser, but allowing a player to *not* level a character at points during the progression, dropping the exp for those levels as well. So in the end a player could take there level 10 rogue/ranger (8/2) (for example) and say

lvl 1, rogue. Yes
lvl 2, rogue. Yes
lvl 3, ranger. No
lvl 4, ranger, No
lvl 5 rogue. Yes

etc... and end up with a level 8 character with the min XP for a lvl 8 character.

Although I hope and pray that is as far as that sort of thing ever gets.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm currious about the "lesser and greater hearts of wood". Are these just store tokens we buy or is the reason you made them a token that way because they will also far as rare items or be craftable items based on chests/collectables?

Superman22
10-08-2009, 01:51 PM
No, characters don't need to be capped for lesser and greater reincarnation. Feel free to use it anytime.

Does the lesser reincarnation let you respect your skill points along with your enhancements? .......... I recommend you instill a deconstruct option before you you place the reincarnation in game. Deconstruction is a necessity at this point with all the elevator changes you have made ingame, it will definitely keep us occupied not to mention all the frustrated new players that try and craft and botch the crafting. Get on it Tolerlo, I guarantee 100% of the server agrees with me!

Kally

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes, while I am not generally in favor of respec, They seem to have gone to two extremes. I think Lesser and True are pretty well designed. I, personally, might have leaned toward Greater being like Lesser, but allowing a player to *not* level a character at points during the progression, dropping the exp for those levels as well. So in the end a player could take there level 10 rogue/ranger (8/2) (for example) and say

lvl 1, rogue. Yes
lvl 2, rogue. Yes
lvl 3, ranger. No
lvl 4, ranger, No
lvl 5 rogue. Yes

etc... and end up with a level 8 character with the min XP for a lvl 8 character.

Although I hope and pray that is as far as that sort of thing ever gets.

That's a really interesting compromise between greater and true...I like it and I can't see how it could be unbalancing in anyway.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Does the lesser reincarnation let you respect your skill points along with your enhancements? .......... I recommend you instill a deconstruct option before you you place the reincarnation in game. Deconstruction is a necessity at this point with all the elevator changes you have made ingame, it will definitely keep us occupied not to mention all the frustrated new players that try and craft and botch the crafting. Get on it Tolerlo, I guarantee 100% of the server agrees with me!

Kally

As part of our new Reincarnation system, we're offering a preview of Greater Reincarnation on Lamannia. Like Lesser Reincarnation, this allows you to change the skills, feats, and abilities of your character without having to start the character over again. Unlike Lesser Reincarnation, Greater Reincarnation upgrades a non-drow 28 point character to a 32 point character. as stated by Tolero in the OP.

read?

rimble
10-08-2009, 01:54 PM
How are tomes handled?

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 01:57 PM
has been asked, only place was answered was in the True thread. True = NO retention of tomes.

rimble
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM
has been asked, only place was answered was in the True thread. True = NO retention of tomes.

Right, was hoping that was specific to the True version, which is sort of the 'hardcore' version. If all forms of Reincarnate strip tomes...I hate to throw this meme out there...but...EPIC EPIC FAIL.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM

It might or might not be good to use True even with tome loss, but it will almost never (if ever?) make sense to give up tomes for either lesser or greater.

I sincerely hope that they let the tome stay in based on the ML for the tomes, as was hinted at when the MLs were first put on tomes a few weeks back.

Guess I'll have to load up my 28pt cleric on lama and find out

uhgungawa
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Kally

As part of our new Reincarnation system, we're offering a preview of Greater Reincarnation on Lamannia. Like Lesser Reincarnation, this allows you to change the skills, feats, and abilities of your character without having to start the character over again. Unlike Lesser Reincarnation, Greater Reincarnation upgrades a non-drow 28 point character to a 32 point character.

In order to reincarnate, your character must speak with Kruz the reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco. Kruz requires a Greater Heart of Wood to perform a reincarnation. Hearts of Wood can be purchased in the DDO Store

as stated by Tolero in the OP.

read?

Um, Lerincho, you do realize he is stating that they should worry about deconstruct before (or atleast with) the respecs. Since they keep changing every little thing in the game, and people testing what did what so you could just use the crafting sites.

So yes, you read?

And is this a cheep way of putting off new content, since thr true version makes people start from scratch X2 ........

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
It might or might not be good to use True even with tome loss, but it will almost never (if ever?) make sense to give up tomes for either lesser or greater.

I sincerely hope that they let the tome stay in based on the ML for the tomes, as was hinted at when the MLs were first put on tomes a few weeks back.

Guess I'll have to load up my 28pt cleric on lama and find out

please report your findings bud, since it's looking bleak on getting official answer.

Lerincho
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Um, Lerincho, you do realize he is stating that they should worry about deconstruct before (or atleast with) the respecs. Since they keep changing every little thing in the game, and people testing what did what so you could just use the crafting sites.

So yes, you read?

And is this a cheep way of putting off new content, since thr true version makes people start from scratch X2 ........

you do realize his first question was in regards to skill respecs? so did YOU read?

looks like 5 new quests and possible raid, that would be new content, no?

uhgungawa
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM

No tome retention on True cause you start from lvl1, not greater

Mindspat
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
It would be a wonderful gesture if you granted a free Reincarnation (of some type, not sure which really) for old subscribers, or VIPs, or something. We've been through alot with this game, and charging us to fix problems/mistakes that have arisen as the game changed beneath us is kind of...I dunno, extortionist. Let us get up to date, then you can charge us if we want to be nitpicky and tweak things in the future.

If you saved your DDO Points that were granted for being VIP just use them for it. If not, maybe in a month or two you'll have enough. :D

shinmade
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I have decided to get my gimp fighter a +3 INT tome from a 20th raid list, put it in the bank, then re-incarnate him for post mod9 era.

Sweet !

Superman22
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
you do realize his first question was in regards to skill respecs? so did YOU read?

looks like 5 new quests and possible raid, that would be new content, no?

You don't have to be nasty, just try and enjoy the day.

spifflove
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
I want a kobold.:(

Superman22
10-08-2009, 02:30 PM

The problem is still there. I can't believe no one is commenting about deconstruct other than you and I. Deconstruct is just as important as a respec at this point. We have new players in shroud who aren't using their full potential due to greelsteel items that are in the bank cause they were made wrong. You have people at same potential loss in the new raid cause of banked greensteel items that were botched.

Hop to, Tolero .......... if you're not gonna give us content ............ then at least, fix the screw ups.

Kally

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
The problem is still there. I can't believe no one is commenting about deconstruct other than you and I. Deconstruct is just as important as a respec at this point. We have new players in shroud who aren't using their full potential due to greelsteel items that are in the bank cause they were made wrong. You have people at same potential loss in the new raid cause of banked greensteel items that were botched.

Hop to, Tolero .......... if you're not gonna give us content ............ then at least, fix the screw ups.

Kally

deconstruct can wait, I would rather have respec first. And they are giving us content. Honestly if there are new players in the shroud with botched up greensteel they can't blame Turbine, the crafting tools have been out for over a year, and those that built stuff early to discover the system, they knew what they were getting into. The only ones with a gripe are those who crafted short swords because there were no rapiers etc.

Visty
10-08-2009, 02:36 PM
two very important question about that whole respec thing:

1. with the lesser and greater version, do we have to gain the xp again or stay at out level and just respec stats, skills, etc?

2. will those tokens which the orc need only be available through the store and not be able to be looted? or on other words: got europe just shafted out of that?

Pallol_One-Eye
10-08-2009, 02:37 PM
So, if I take my gimp 32 point 16/1 fighter rogue off the shelf, I will be able to start him back at lvl 1 as a fighter again.

Will I be able to totally redo not only his skill points but his alignment as well?

The rogue level was, in hindsight, a bad idea. If I can change his alignment I could multi him with a few Pally levels and make him a more self sufficient toon overall.

It will suck to lose 4 +3 tomes, but I figure given enough time they will come around again.

Thanks in advance.

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
So, if I take my gimp 32 point 16/1 fighter rogue off the shelf, I will be able to start him back at lvl 1 as a fighter again.

Will I be able to totally redo not only his skill points but his alignment as well?

The rogue level was, in hindsight, a bad idea. If I can change his alignment I could multi him will a few Pally levels and make him a more self sufficient toon overall.

It will suck to lose 4 +3 tomes, but I figure given enough time they will come around again.

Thanks in advance.

greater rez does not allow you to change alignment, nor does it allow you to change levels if you are 16 /1 you will be the same 16/1 after. You will not lose any tomes(as far as we know). If he is a 32pt build already then just a lesser as there is no other difference

valkir
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Out of the 3 reincarnate options, I think this one needs a bit of work.It won't hurt to allow alignment change but I was hoping for a reincarnation that may change letsay a class level or maybe even race (oh no my halfling barbarian lost his novelty and I want a dwarf now!,etc. etc.) without going back to lvl.1 with no tomes and a steeper xp curve.

How about greater reincarnation allowing you to change your class levels but you cannot gain a level in a class you didn't have before.

For example a ranger/fighter/barbarian can only gain levels in those 3 in purposes of reincarnation. Turbine will have more happy players and some will shell out the $ for greater reincarnation for their already 32 point builds then :)

Pallol_One-Eye
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
So I would need to go with True then, yes?

Just asking as I am pulling that up now to read it.;)

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Out of the 3 reincarnate options, I think this one needs a bit of work.It won't hurt to allow alignment change but I was hoping for a reincarnation that may change letsay a class level or maybe even race (oh no my halfling barbarian lost his novelty and I want a dwarf now!,etc. etc.) without going back to lvl.1 with no tomes and a steeper xp curve.

How about greater reincarnation allowing you to change your class levels but you cannot gain a level in a class you didn't have before.

For example a ranger/fighter/barbarian can only gain levels in those 3 in purposes of reincarnation. Turbine will have more happy players and some will shell out the $ for greater reincarnation for their already 32 point builds then :)

Greater just seems to be lacking compared to the other options. Lesser is well thought out and has the right amount of features. True is the opposite end of the spectrum and well done for what it does. Greater shoudl really be in the middle and all it is really is lesser with extra build points for 28 pt builds, meaning a 32 pt build has only 2 options lesser and true.

Options to consider

Alignment change
race change
level redo

SableShadow
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM

That's a clever idea. I know several guys who just want to take a level or two of something off, and at least one that just wants to juggle the level order.

tihocan
10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Would be nice to be able to get these Hearts of Woods through the game instead of buying them from the store...

Ganak
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM

Being able to change class levels is what I was looking more forward to with respec.

Prestige classes and capstones introduced a paradigm shift in terms of how characters are built.

For example, I have a rogue with 2 levels of ranger and 1 of fighter. I really want to get rid of the 1 level of fighter so I can enjoy the tier 3 bonuses for acrobat once they are released.

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Being able to change class levels is what I was looking more forward to with respec.

Prestige classes and capstones introduced a paradigm shift in terms of how characters are built.

For example, I have a rogue with 2 levels of ranger and 1 of fighter. I really want to get rid of the 1 level of fighter so I can enjoy the tier 3 bonuses for acrobat once they are released.

agreed the price of true rez is just too great for 1 lvl

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Would be nice to be able to get these Hearts of Woods through the game instead of buying them from the store...

agreed they shoudl be lootable and sellable or at least bound to account

wamjratl1
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
have we any official word yet on whether or not we lose tomes with greater? that's really all i'm interested in knowing right now.

RACRGUY
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
greater rez does not allow you to change alignment, nor does it allow you to change levels if you are 16 /1 you will be the same 16/1 after. You will not lose any tomes(as far as we know). If he is a 32pt build already then just a lesser as there is no other difference

I'm not so sure about this. It says you retain the class you selected at lvl 1. Not every class choice at every lvl. So to me, if he made a 16 fighter/1 rogue, and the rogue was NOT taken first, then he could have a 17 fighter afterward. If he did take rogue first, than he will still be stuck with that one rogue level.

Samadhi
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Can we reallocate our leveling stat points with a greater reincarnation?

Rabbi_Hordo
10-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I am so looking forward to this...

Can anyone say Hordo Redux?

Does this mean that Hordo won't die quite as often?

Only Gornn knows!

joker965
10-08-2009, 03:53 PM

You could not do anything before. Now we can but you don't like it? Doesn't make sense to me. If you don't want to use it then don't.

Montrose
10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Ok, really dumb question here, but I just want to be sure. :)

If I am already a 32-point build (or drow), then I should never use Greater Reincarnation, correct?

Visty
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM

If I am already a 32-point build (or drow), then I should never use Greater Reincarnation, correct?

well, you can change skills and such around still

RACRGUY
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM

As far as I can tell, that is correct.

RACRGUY
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
well, you can change skills and such around still

Which he could do with the lesser reincarnation.

Zzevel
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
have we any official word yet on whether or not we lose tomes with greater? that's really all i'm interested in knowing right now.

Would all the tomes you used be assigned at level 0?
Would they be assigned at the same level you previously used them?
Would they be applied at the new Min level?

We already know you need to keep all the same classes if you're not going True Reincarnate, I would think if they do apply tomes (which I doubt) it would be at the new min appropriate level. Anyone who used a +1 or +2 when they created at level 1 probably would lose out now if tomes were kept on.

I see a win for Turbine if they strip all tomes if you choose to Reincarnate (any version) and then sell +2 and +3 in the store. This is my guess since they wouldn't do this if they couldnt make money off of it.

bobbryan2
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Yep. Furthermore, that functionality should be added to lesser reincarnation, and greater reincarnation be the same as true.. but without the new powers gained, steeper xp curve, or loss of tomes.

The differences between lesser and greater are way too slight to be two different options.

Aesop
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Adding Alignment Change to the Greater Rein would add some new interesting build possibilities...

Paladin/Bard
Monk/Barbaraian

that would actually be interesting

Aesop

wamjratl1
10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Would all the tomes you used be assigned at level 0?
Would they be assigned at the same level you previously used them?
Would they be applied at the new Min level? how does any of that matter? If i'm lvl 17, I'll still be lvl 17 after I do a greater reincarnation. I honestly don't care at what point in the reincarnation process they apply them.

We already know you need to keep all the same classes if you're not going True Reincarnate, I would think if they do apply tomes (which I doubt) it would be at the new min appropriate level. Anyone who used a +1 or +2 when they created at level 1 probably would lose out now if tomes were kept on.

I see a win for Turbine if they strip all tomes if you choose to Reincarnate (any version) and then sell +2 and +3 in the store. This is my guess since they wouldn't do this if they couldnt make money off of it.

uh... thanks?

again, "have we any official word yet on whether or not we lose tomes with greater? that's really all i'm interested in knowing right now."

Samadhi
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
uh... thanks?

again, "have we any official word yet on whether or not we lose tomes with greater? that's really all i'm interested in knowing right now."

Check your Dev tracker dude. Eladrin said "yes keep tomes" on anything other than a True Reincarnation.

Visty
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
uh... thanks?

we have an official word

the appliy at their minlvl and are splitted, so if you had used a +3 tomes it will aply a +1 at 3, a +2 at 7 and a +3 at 11

Samadhi
10-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Adding Alignment Change to the Greater Rein would add some new interesting build possibilities...

Paladin/Bard
Monk/Barbaraian

that would actually be interesting

Aesop

If I could make a monk/barbarian, I would be the happiest DDO player ever. I would run SO FAST ><

Dretharis
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
we have an official word

the appliy at their minlvl and are splitted, so if you had used a +3 tomes it will aply a +1 at 3, a +2 at 7 and a +3 at 11

Official word from who/where?

Not accusatory, I'd just like to see the source.

wamjratl1
10-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Check your Dev tracker dude. Eladrin said "yes keep tomes" on anything other than a True Reincarnation.

we have an official word

Thanks folks. I had searched thru the dev tracker earlier but no luck (I was looking at Tolero posts specifically however...)

Samadhi
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks folks. I had searched thru the dev tracker earlier but no luck (I was looking at Tolero posts specifically however...)

Go to your generic Lamannia folder. There is a separate dev tracker for Lamannia stuff.

wamjratl1
10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Official word from who/where?

Not accusatory, I'd just like to see the source.

Here it is! (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206075&page=2)

Go to your generic Lamannia folder. There is a separate dev tracker for Lamannia stuff.

Durrr.. thx again.:D

Cedrica-the-Bard
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but you do keep all your gear/equipment with lesser and greater, right?

Mjesko
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I think Lesser Reincarnation should have the effect of Greater Reincarnation and Greater Reincarnation should enable the player to change the class levels and the alignment.

CaptGrim
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I would like to see lesser and true res, stay the same as they are but have greater be:

*Bump to a 32 point build

*Start at lvl 1 (and yes lvl up)

*have total freedom for class/alignment

*keep all raid loot and have tomes re-gifted(in bank or W/E)

Basically what true is now but keep the loot/tomes and not have the extra build points/size and not have a steeper xp curve.

I think True Res is cool and I like the option for power gamers but having no class level respec, defeats the purpose for 50% of toons looking to reroll. (at least 50% of mine).

wamjratl1
10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but you do keep all your gear/equipment with lesser and greater, right?

yup

Samadhi
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I would like to see lesser and true res, stay the same as they are but have greater be:

*Bump to a 32 point build

*Start at lvl 1 (and yes lvl up)

*have total freedom for class/alignment

*keep all raid loot and have tomes re-gifted(in bank or W/E)

Basically what true is now but keep the loot/tomes and not have the extra build points/size and not have a steeper xp curve.

I think True Res is cool and I like the option for power gamers but having no class level respec, defeats the purpose for 50% of toons looking to reroll. (at least 50% of mine).

If you had to start at lvl 1 for the Greater, then I would see no reason to ever use that over the True Reincarnation.

Gum
10-08-2009, 05:54 PM

I know right? /Happydance

bobbryan2
10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
If you had to start at lvl 1 for the Greater, then I would see no reason to ever use that over the True Reincarnation.

Because you can only do the True twice? And what if game changes make something need to change on your Double Reincarnated guy?

Superman22
10-08-2009, 06:47 PM
deconstruct can wait, I would rather have respec first. And they are giving us content. Honestly if there are new players in the shroud with botched up greensteel they can't blame Turbine, the crafting tools have been out for over a year, and those that built stuff early to discover the system, they knew what they were getting into. The only ones with a gripe are those who crafted short swords because there were no rapiers etc.

So according to you, the only people with a deconstruct option are people who have made short swords. In your eyes, no casters and cleric have made mana/wizardy goggles before the vod bracers came in, or fire resist items for the abbot, or greensteal mauls before GA, or GA before falchions, and so on and so on. The list goes on.

Dude, before you open your mouth and show how obtuse you are, try on someone else shoes for size and see if short swords are the only issue ...... but that would have you asking others about their own problem. Seeing that you dismissed what others have complained so much about, you obviously not capable of it.

Just simply agree or be sympathetic with what people want instead of dismissing what you don't gain from.

So here's the question gang ............ Do you all want green steel deconstruction ? !!!!!!!!!!!!

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
So according to you, the only people with a deconstruct option are people who have made short swords. In your eyes, no casters and cleric have made mana/wizardy goggles before the vod bracers came in, or fire resist items for the abbot, or greensteal mauls before GA, or GA before falchions, and so on and so on. The list goes on.

Dude, before you open your mouth and show how obtuse you are, try on someone else shoes for size and see if short swords are the only issue ...... but that would have you asking others about their own problem. Seeing that you dismissed what others have complained so much about, you obviously not capable of it.

Just simply agree or be sympathetic with what people want instead of dismissing what you don't gain from.

So here's the question gang ............ Do you all want green steel deconstruction ? !!!!!!!!!!!!

never said I don't want it, I am just saying I would prefer respec first, as it has a much wider implication to the game and has been requested for much longer. And I have mana wizardry goggles, I can live with them for a little while longer. The simple fact that those items got superseded by something else does not make them worthless nor does it demand that Turbine return our ingredients, its like saying I should get something because my sword of shadows got superceded by greensteel, or something for my lorriks necklace because they came out with MOD 9 necklaces that were better.

Those with a true gripe are those who had the rules changed under them, like those who built gs shortswords etc because rapiers great axes etc were not available. And maybe to a lesser extent those who built true rez clickies.

having new loot come along that supercedes what you have does not in of itself mean that deconstruct should be made the highest priority.

However 3 years of changed rules and nerfing, means that respec could not come soon enough.

Again not against it but respec should be a higher priority, and now that its here, sure lets have reconstruct

SableShadow
10-08-2009, 07:23 PM
The simple fact that those items got superseded by something else does not make them worthless nor does it demand that Turbine return our ingredients, its like saying I should get something because my sword of shadows got superceded by greensteel, or something for my lorriks necklace because they came out with MOD 9 necklaces that were better.

I'm interested in seeing what Epic gear looks like. True Reincarnation, or grind Epics? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

ArkoHighStar
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm interested in seeing what Epic gear looks like. True Reincarnation, or grind Epics? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

you know it will be both :D

Tuney
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
For me I'll probbly greater my bard as she is a mod 1 bard so TOO much grinding went into her for me to true her. But rogue... i'll probbly turn her into a monk and depending what that inhearted feat is... I might have a lot of fun doing it hehe.

muffinlad
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Very good suggestion. Every VIP account should be keyed to get one "Free" Heart of Wood as a thank you for years of dedication when this launches.

I hope they have already thought of that.

muffinreinc

Superman22
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
never said I don't want it, I am just saying I would prefer respec first, as it has a much wider implication to the game and has been requested for much longer. And I have mana wizardry goggles, I can live with them for a little while longer. The simple fact that those items got superseded by something else does not make them worthless nor does it demand that Turbine return our ingredients, its like saying I should get something because my sword of shadows got superceded by greensteel, or something for my lorriks necklace because they came out with MOD 9 necklaces that were better.

Those with a true gripe are those who had the rules changed under them, like those who built gs shortswords etc because rapiers great axes etc were not available. And maybe to a lesser extent those who built true rez clickies.

having new loot come along that supersedes what you have does not in of itself mean that deconstruct should be made the highest priority.

However 3 years of changed rules and nerfing, means that respec could not come soon enough.

Again not against it but respec should be a higher priority, and now that its here, sure lets have reconstruct

Great, now we're talking. If they fine tune the respec, all will work out fine. Now bring in that deconstruct with the respec and we'll all be busy and content. I feel for those actually testing different larges and such to see what will work and what won't.

In my personal case, I only have 1 toon to respec and I have been pushing the respec for a while now. I am not weighing which supercedes another in my eyes ........... i understand that it supersedes for you but we just need both for the entire server especially with the new crafting rings and how they will fit in the picture of each class.

muffinlad
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Feel the same way.

Mine is more about my very first crafted item which I built as a tripple positive...Improved, Greater, and Superior Devotion Item, because the chart I had said that if you do all three, but only in a septer, you would get the +9% crit bonus too......

I was reading the chart wrong. Go figure.

Many of us have plenty of high level toons that are wearing 2-3 Wiz 6 items, or +6 Wisdom repeats.....that was not as severe as the poor choices I made on my old 28 point builds.

Glad they went that way first, now a nice deconstruct on a few crafting items and I will have a sense of gentle satisfaction...until my next mistake (ha).

muffinfail

TheJusticar
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
you hade me at greater

Quoteth thee for truth.

This and lesser will be the best choice for the non power-level/addicted crowd.

/hatoff

Septimus
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm mildly peeved that it seems the only way I can change my cleric's alignment is with a true reincarnation. That is the only thing I want to change (so he can take a monk splash), and to do so it looks like I'll have to level him up to to 20, then all the way back up from 1 again.
Bah humbug. Might as well start a new one now, and true reincarnate my current cleric into something new as and when this makes it onto the live servers.

SableShadow
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
you know it will be both :D

Well, yeah...eventually. ;)

sirgog
10-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Suggested change to Greater Reincarnation

Here's something that I think will make everyone happy, while not being ridiculously tough to program. It's a system that allows removal of up to two splash levels and alignment changes.

Firstly, you cannot use Greater Reincarnation unless you have three empty inventory slots and are at least character level 3.

Upon using Greater Reincarnation, you start as a level 0 character (-1 XP, 20hp, no abilities, all ability scores 8+racial) and transported to a demiplane (like the Portable Hole) with one of each class trainer.

For each class level you had, you are given a token allowing you to level up once in that class at a series of trainers (this is why you need 3 inventory slots free). Upon levelling to 1, you may choose your stat point allocation, and skill point allocation. Don't choose your alignment yet - you'll choose it as the final step, as you leave this demiplane.

You cannot leave this demiplane until you have 2 or fewer level up tokens left in your inventory. This prevents players making a total change to their build (such as Ftr17 --> Mnk17).

After you finish levelling up to your previous level (or one or two levels lower, if you are doing this to remove a splash), your XP is set to the lowest amount possible to be your new level. (Example: A Wiz17/Rog1 that's only 135 XP short of level 19 goes through this procedure and leaves as a Wiz17, having decided to leave her trapsmithing days behind her. She finishes the proceedure as a level 17 Wizard, with the minimum possible XP to be level 17, and must re-earn the ~1.9 levels worth of XP through questing to return to her old level.) You then select an alignment (from all the alignments possible that do not conflict with your new class level choices), and you are good to go!

winsom
10-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I think Lesser Reincarnation should have the effect of Greater Reincarnation and Greater Reincarnation should enable the player to change the class levels and the alignment.

I agree.
There would have to be restrictions in place to prevent illegal D&D alignment builds, but that shouldn't be a problem to implement.

Visty
10-09-2009, 01:40 AM
another question for the multiclass out there:
when we greater rez, do we have to follow our levelsplit the exact same way as befor or can it be changed?
mainly asking for BAB problems

Mjesko
10-09-2009, 03:05 AM
There would have to be restrictions in place to prevent illegal D&D alignment builds, but that shouldn't be a problem to implement.

Yep if the alignment change is implemented before the player can change his class levels it should prevent illegal builds.

TechNoFear
10-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Are you going to add a Greater Heart of Wood (the item required to do a Grt Respec) to the reward list for getting 1750 favor?

sirgog
10-09-2009, 04:18 AM
another question for the multiclass out there:
when we greater rez, do we have to follow our levelsplit the exact same way as befor or can it be changed?
mainly asking for BAB problems

It's more strict than either of the options you mention - you must take the same class levels, and you must also take them *in the same order*.

In post 95 (above) I had an alternate idea for how they could do Greater Reincarnation better, to make it more useful to those of us that have 32 point builds and have had it at the creation of all of the toons we still play, like myself.

Visty
10-09-2009, 04:24 AM
It's more strict than either of the options you mention - you must take the same class levels, and you must also take them *in the same order*.

In post 95 (above) I had an alternate idea for how they could do Greater Reincarnation better, to make it more useful to those of us that have 32 point builds and have had it at the creation of all of the toons we still play, like myself.

same lvls i have no problem with but same order sucks :/
means no gtwf for my "bard" :(

Arctigis
10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
IMO Greater Reincarnation needs to include the ability to change alignment and drop (not exchange) certain
class levels if the existing build was multiclassed.

Xim
10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
A character that undergoes Lesser Reincarnation retains their race, gender, alignment, and the class they selected at level one. They are permitted to re-spend their ability points, change their feat selection, re-allocate skill points, spells, etc., or are free to select a path. Unlike True Reincarnation, characters will retain all favor and experience, but reincarnate with the same number of build points of the current incarnation and must train the exact level progression of the old character.

In my opinion Greater Resurrection doesn't offer anything more then Lesser Resurrection because all of the veterans have 32 point characters. So the difference is only it helps a 28 point character to become a 32 point character which majority of the public already attained.

GREATER RESURRECTION = MAJOR FAILURE!

nytewolf
10-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Xim please dont assume all us vets no longer have 28 point build characters. My main character is a 28 point build Cleric I used to unlock 1750 favor hes stil completely viable so I never rerolled him. Now I will be upgrading him to 32 points without losing anything.

Seriously not Major Failure in my eyes and I am sure I am not alone in this.

Shandi
10-09-2009, 08:49 AM
+1 for you nyte - I too am a Vet that will be taking advantage of the 28->32 point conversion.

I have 2 characters that are level 19 and 20, my fighter Kaven and my sorcerer Shandi as per my signature. Both of these characters have existed long before the Vault of Night was even released and never rerolled so that means i play with TWO (OMG) 28 point builds. My third character took 2 years for me to roll it up and he's my only 32 point build.

I am very excited to be able to give these guys 4 more points because for my fighter it means I can get my Charisma up to 20 and have a semi-viable Intimidate score and my Sorcerer who started with a 13 con and 17 charisma will be able to gain a point in both of those. I can also move the points I put into strength when I created him into his Wisdom or maybe INT to gain will save or skill points.

My sorc can also gain some ranks in a different skill because when I first started this game I didn't entirely understand what some of the skills did and as such have missing ranks in UMD and Concentration.

True Reincarnation on the other hand is something that I probably won't be utilizing. I have nothing against it nor am I going to complain about it it is just something that I do not think is going to work for me

Xim
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Sorry, I said majority not everyone nytewolf!

I'm sorry that all of your toons are in the minority. What I meant was that once you opened a 32 point character then all of your toons were 32 point for that server. This is about Greater Resurrection and I personally think this is a failure. Not that I have an opinion like you nytewolf.

With that being said I think that the increase from 28 to 32 should have also been added to the lesser resurrection because the only thing you get from lesser is the ability to change you skill points, feats and ability points. We can already change feats so now it’s down to skill points, and ability points. Ability points are already in the main abilities so most of those won’t change much. So now were down to just lesser resurrection where you get to reallocate skill points.

WOW

arminius
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry, I said majority not everyone nytewolf!

I'm sorry that all of your toons are in the minority. What I meant was that once you opened a 32 point character then all of your toons were 32 point for that server. This is about Greater Resurrection and I personally think this is a failure. Not that I have an opinion like you nytewolf.

With that being said I think that the increase from 28 to 32 should have also been added to the lesser resurrection because the only thing you get from lesser is the ability to change you skill points, feats and ability points. We can already change feats so now it’s down to skill points, and ability points. Ability points are already in the main abilities so most of those won’t change much. So now were down to just lesser resurrection where you get to reallocate skill points.

WOW

What do you mean, once you open a 32 point character then all your toons were 32 point for that server?

Not in this game. I am sure that a lot of people have multiple 28 point characters that were created before the 1750 reward was in game. Like me. I did reroll one of them to 32 points, but I still have two active level 17+ characters who would greatly benefit from this.

Greater is the only one I would have any interest in.

_

Gornn
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM

Was the thing that jumped out at me as well.

Coldin
10-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Trying this out right now. One complaint I have right off the bat is that the look (Hair, Eyes, Lips, ect) are all randomized. I like that we can change a character's appearance, but would it be possible for a reincarnation to remember the original appearance, and then let us make changes from there?

Coldin
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Hmm...running into an interesting problem here.

After I finish making all my choices, and hitting the "Done" button, it gives me an error message "That name is not allowed, please choose a new first/last name". I've tried changing the name, and leaving it the same, but both times I get another error message "All slots are full". Then the Done button is grayed out, and the only thing I can do is exit the Reincarnation.

I'm going to try to delete a character and free up a character slot, and see if that fixes the problem.

Edit: Nope, that didn't work either. Just received a "This character could not be created" error instead.

Btw, the name is "Coldin-2" I wonder if it's the - that's causing problems.

Dylos_Moon
10-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't have the option of greater reincarnation on any character that is not already a 32 point, I tried talking to Nyx on my favor unlocker and still nothing.

SteeleTrueheart
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Hmm I finished recreating my greater reincarnate and after I hit "create" button it has said please wait for over 5 mins now.

arminius
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Trying this out right now. One complaint I have right off the bat is that the look (Hair, Eyes, Lips, ect) are all randomized. I like that we can change a character's appearance, but would it be possible for a reincarnation to remember the original appearance, and then let us make changes from there?

I totally agree with this, the default should be looks: locked. Can be unlocked if desired, but I think a lot of people would be appalled that they can't guarantee that their character looked the same.

I'm color blind and would just have an awful time of it, even if I had a screenshot of the old look right there to compare.

_

Thrudh
10-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Good suggestion

Dcloak
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Hmm I finished recreating my greater reincarnate and after I hit "create" button it has said please wait for over 5 mins now.

Same here. Been about 5 mins already waiting. Have you finished yet?

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Over 10 here.Exited out of DDO redid it but now when I hit create it says UNKNOWN :mad:

~sturm097
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Okay, did a greater on my 28 point sorc, Kelthar..... had the same issues of sitting on please wait, then getting the Unknown error.... then had to change his name to Kelthare, and it started him out at level 1 on Korthos..... and Kelthar is still in my character list with the reincarnate option next to his name.....

uhgungawa
10-09-2009, 12:02 PM
So it let me get into the game, but @ lvl 1 and all my gear is gone. Thank god this is just Beta. (still not happy, but at least it happened here)

GoldyGopher
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
My 28 Pt Dwarf, is now a naked 32 pt level 1 dwarf in Stormreach with no gear.

Not what I believed was going to happen with Greater Reincarnate.

Zenako
10-09-2009, 12:10 PM

I am guessing that when it left you at level 1, all your gear de-equiped into the overflow slot? Hopefully. Have you tried talking to the trainers to "train" yet and see what they let you do?

GoldyGopher
10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I am guessing that when it left you at level 1, all your gear de-equiped into the overflow slot? Hopefully. Have you tried talking to the trainers to "train" yet and see what they let you do?

Unfortunately all they did was tell me I don't have enough XP to level.

ahpook
10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Suggested change to Greater Reincarnation

Here's something that I think will make everyone happy, while not being ridiculously tough to program. It's a system that allows removal of up to two splash levels and alignment changes.

Firstly, you cannot use Greater Reincarnation unless you have three empty inventory slots and are at least character level 3.

Upon using Greater Reincarnation, you start as a level 0 character (-1 XP, 20hp, no abilities, all ability scores 8+racial) and transported to a demiplane (like the Portable Hole) with one of each class trainer.

For each class level you had, you are given a token allowing you to level up once in that class at a series of trainers (this is why you need 3 inventory slots free). Upon levelling to 1, you may choose your stat point allocation, and skill point allocation. Don't choose your alignment yet - you'll choose it as the final step, as you leave this demiplane.

You cannot leave this demiplane until you have 2 or fewer level up tokens left in your inventory. This prevents players making a total change to their build (such as Ftr17 --> Mnk17).

After you finish levelling up to your previous level (or one or two levels lower, if you are doing this to remove a splash), your XP is set to the lowest amount possible to be your new level. (Example: A Wiz17/Rog1 that's only 135 XP short of level 19 goes through this procedure and leaves as a Wiz17, having decided to leave her trapsmithing days behind her. She finishes the proceedure as a level 17 Wizard, with the minimum possible XP to be level 17, and must re-earn the ~1.9 levels worth of XP through questing to return to her old level.) You then select an alignment (from all the alignments possible that do not conflict with your new class level choices), and you are good to go!

I like this model.

Being able to drop at least a couple of levels is required for Greater Reincarnation. Right now the only way to fix a 15/1 splash is to level to 20 and then true reincarnate and start over. There should be someway to correct a problem without having to take the problem build all the way to cap.

Move the 28 pt to 32 pt upgrade part of lesser and have greater allow 2 levels to be deleted.

Dcloak
10-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Same here. Greater Reincarnate is bugged. I have nothing on my character: no tomes, no equipment. I have my new 32 pt build stats. Naked at level 1. Can't level.

I do have all my favor and my bank items are still there.

GoldyGopher
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Same here. Greater Reincarnate is bugged. I have nothing on my character: no tomes, no equipment. I have my new 32 pt build stats. Naked at level 1. Can't level.

I do have all my favor and my bank items are still there.

Um, my favor is listed as 1746 but it appears that I still have completed all my quests for 25xx Favor.

My bak is full of the gear I had, but I have lost all the gear my cleric had on his person.

The tomes were not reapplied, most likely because they now are applied at minimum levels.

I must say I am not a happy camper, and this isn't my real live character.

Roll back please.

krud
10-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Do you rebuild your character completely in one shot, or do you go to the trainers to do it one level at a time? I was wondering if it is at all possible to "pause" along the way to run some level appropriate stuff, and when you are finished, continue to level him up to where he is supposed to be?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-09-2009, 01:02 PM
sorry if I missed it someone in this thread, but do drow stay 28 points during a greater reincarnation?

krud
10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
sorry if I missed it someone in this thread, but do drow stay 28 points during a greater reincarnation?yes.

~sturm097
10-09-2009, 01:07 PM
tried again on kelthar, after deleting the new toon it made me create last time.... and now its gives me a dialogue box that says "pending", and when i click the ok button, it stays on the final screen and greys out the create button.... bug reports are being sent now....

Coldin
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
This this again on a 32 Point Human Fighter/Paladin. Everything worked out well. There could be a bit more direction on just what one is supposed to do after going through the first steps, but I caught on pretty quick.

The UI did get a little messed up. It remembered all the things I had, including hotbars and chat windows, but it didn't remember their size or locations. Everything was set to default places. Plus, all the items were stripped from the hotbars. Nothing gamebreaking, just a minor gripe.

SteeleTrueheart
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
So here is what happened when I tried to greater reincarnate my level 17 pure paladin "steeltruhart" an original 28 point build:

Went to DDO store and only lesser heartwood was available for sale. This is definitely weird since I know this character is a 28 point build so greater should be available.

I check my favour log and sure enough, even though this guy has 2300 favour and has used the +2 favour tome I had to speak to Nyx to 'unlock" 32 point build probably due to the fact that there is a new favour point for 1000 favour. So I talked to Nyx and nice bloke that he is, he unlocked 32 point builds for me. Unfortunately I have one of those recognisable faces and he remembered giving me a tome before so he didn't give me another one. Damn.

I went to the DDO store and still only lesser heartwood there even when I refreshed several times and opened/closed it a couple of times too. I think 'fine, whatever' and decide I will test that at least and since it is on sale for 18 points (normally 895) I will buy one. Bought one of the lesser heartwoods and went to house J and did the jumpy jump to speak to the reincarnation trainer.

Since he was a chatty bloke, even if a bit rude, I decided to ask him about Greater Reincarnation. Lo and behold there was a poorly formatted text description (he is an orc so Int is probably a dump stat) that had a big "BUY NOW" button on it directing me to the DDO Store. I follow the link and tada! a greater heartwood is there to be purchased. I buy it. Hey it's only virtual money in a virtual world made up of zeros and 1's. I am sure it would be worth it!

With my newly acquired heartwood I talk to reincarnation bloke again and this time he lets me greater reincarnate (no extra plat/gold cost like Fred, just the heartwood), he even does it with better formatted text this time! He makes me type my name in to confirm I want to reincarnate, so I do and then he tells me; "You're all sweet mate! Next time you log in you can reincarnate! Don't thank me just leave alright!"

So I leave and go to the local tavern to have a quiet drink before I kill myself and pray that reincarnation is all it is cracked up to be. A bit of foreboding enters my mind with random thoughts such as "isn't killing yourself bad karma and therefore your reincarnation will be of a lower status than your current incarnation?"... "Is lammania in retrograde and this is an inauspicious moment to enter the afterlife and journey back to the land of the living?"... "Will I come back in diapers and have to spend even more DDO points to get fast growth like those kiwi guys in Attack of the Clones??" ... "Man this ghallanda distillate is nice"...."Hey is that barmaid giving me the once over?"..."Rooooxanne - you don't have to put on that red light... Roooxannnnne, you dont have to sell your body to the niiiight..."I love yous all your my best mateses"... "But don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don't think it'd understand...zzzzz"

Anyway.

So I somehow managed to log out and then I decide to log back in on this guy to see how all this works. Scrolling down my list of characters I get to the reincarnated soon to be dalai llama in llamaland and woot! there is a reincarnate button on his name. There is also the option to just log in with the character. Being curious (and remembering i didn't check his tome status) I log in to check what tomes he had used. I relog into a bar with some broken furniture and the inn keeper giving me dirty looks, so I quickly scribble down the tomes I have used and log out.

I hit the reincarnate button on my characters name. Log in screen says to me "Whoaa buddy! Slow down a moment, Are you REALLY sure about this? Why don't you just type in your name again just for my peace of mind." So I type in my characters name again, just to prove I do not have alzheimers and it truly is my reasoned decision to pass from this world and enter a better life in DDO EU llamaland.

*Pop* I am in character creation screen. In a bright cheery circus voice the screen says to me. "Roll up roll up! Pick a class, any class! (except that one or that one, sure you could look at spellcasters but they be all greyed out so why bother?? heh? Why dont you pick Paladin, and human while your at it hey. Thats a good boy)

Your not gonna follow a path right? your gonna customise right? No seriously you don't get the choice to follow a path, you have to customise, you did last time so you can this time. I don't care if you didn't have the option for paths when you first created this character, they all suck anyway so just customise. Sheesh get on with it already.

So I customise myself, hey may as well convert this into a TWF version since that guy on live doesn't exist on llamaland. Spend 10 minutes getting him just right and click on "create"... "please wait.." 5 mins later "please wait..." 10 mins later "please wait..." 15 mins later *close window, restart llamaland*

OK. So back at character creation screen... ooh reincarnate "shiny!" spend another 5 minutes getting him just right and click on "create". Error all slots full...

W. T. F? OK ... delete stupid-first-level-favoured-soul-only-created-to-look-at-enhancement-last-time-llamaland-was-open guy. Back to reincarnate log in screen, spend 3 mins getting him close enough to just right to do in case it works this time then click "create"... :positive thought positive thoughts:

Error: Invalid

FFFFFFS OK so he isn't the best character in the world, but he isn't THAT bad. I mean he is not rolling in cash but he doesn't need a disabilty pension either. Now the create button is greyed out, OK go back a screen change 1 thing come back and create button is working so click on create.

Error: Invalid
FFFFFFFFFFFFar%%%k. Fine whatever. click on go back and change 1 thing and come back to click on create button again. Hehe stupid computer I can do this all night until it works. (Well not really it is 4am and I am getting tired but the server doesn't know that! does it??! Tinfoil hat on.)

Error: That name is already taken.
I say 'Huh' in real life (In that Nathan Fillion as Malcolm Reynolds, I just opened a case that one of my passengers is carrying on board my ship and found a naked girl, sooo not what I was expecting tone of voice.) OK I pick another name... and then another because I am an idiot who has already taken that name and I even saw it on the log in screeen. Fool.

Yay! all done right?! No. I think they call this purgatorio. Fitting since I am in Australia.

Jeets: Hello? Can you hear me?
Me: Look you little runt of a clothes stealing mongrel dog. Give me a weapon before I find out if Warforged have a rectum that I can shove your head up. And get me to a paladin trainer now!

10 seconds later. Nearly naked, 1st level with no equipment I talk to the paladin trainer:
Me: Seriously there has been a mistake, really I am 17th level already, couldn't you just, you know, do your trainer magic stuff and get me the heck off this island.
Paladin Trainer: Can't you see I am tending to this sick guy here? Look no xp, no trainee, get it? Now bougger off.
Me: In the tavern sees another bedraggled customer come in. "You too huh?'
Coldin: Yeah, I posted about it on the forums.
Me: Drinks another Ghallanda distillate and tries not to think about all that greensteel stuff, hey it is only beta. It is my only high level character on this test server, oh well guess no testing for me then.

Log out. Scroll down character list, bamm Deja vu! hey my level 17 is still there ready to reincarnate. click to enter the world not gonna worry about the reincarnation stuff now, just gonna check he is still in one piece.

Error: That character is already in the world

:eek: Maybe 5am is a good time to go to bed, I paid good money for this monitor and my keyboard, I really dont want to smash them to pieces. Ahh what the heck I will click on log in again, what is that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

I logged in. Woot! and I am naked.... Oh noooooooo... wait I am on an airship and there is no sign of Jeets anywhere. Woot! We are speeding across some ocean somewhere...

Screen calmly says to me as if nothing happened and all is well with the world, "Speak to Thealeh Auryath to level up!" So I walk around (keeping well away from the freaky titanic-esque scene of the kobold at the bow, but maybe he is just bait or a placatory offering for the white dragon as we near Korthos? And no, you can not jump off this airship. I tried.... for testing purposes only, I swear.

So I speak to Thealeh who is lounging around with legs a little too spread with a dress like that and eyeing my nearly naked form a little too closely. I mean I don't even have starter rags.

Thealeh: "Greeting friend have you been enjoying the journey from Sharn?"
Me: "Yippe Kay yay M$$ther f'er. Why am I naked and why do I want to talk about a dragon? Nobody told me anything about a dragon but somehow I am able to adlib an entire introductory scene with you? I am gonna kill that Orc son of a ...
Thealeh: Entertain me if you would, tell me of your adventures on the mainland"
Me: "I am naked, it is snowing and you want me to tell you bed time stories of some place I dont remember and pretty sure there is no expansion pack in the works for any of us to visit sharn any time soon. Your loony!"
Thealeh: "I must thank you for your stories, I think we have arrived, gtg guild calling! See you around!"
Me ... that it? Fine I am getting off this ship.

So I get off at the marketplace spire. No clothes. no inventory items, no xp. No direction. Hmm maybe I can bluff the trainer here...

Thoradin Flamesworn: Look buddy you have already been told by my collegue at Korthos. No xp, No trainee! Now bougger off.

Me: I have a feeling that Thealeh chick knows where my stuff is, maybe I should find her and see how much 1d3 non lethal damage she can take... OK not on this map, Harbour is where noobs start right? Nope not on that map?

6am in the real world and encroaching sunlight wins and I think I am going to bed. Thealeh can wait for another day, I know of a good booth at the back of the wayward lobster where I can sleep and no one will steal my stuff... not that I have any stuff.

Gornin
10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I agree that Grtr Rein should allow for alignment shift and at least 2 levels of class change.

Xim
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I like this model.

Being able to drop at least a couple of levels is required for Greater Reincarnation. Right now the only way to fix a 15/1 splash is to level to 20 and then true reincarnate and start over. There should be someway to correct a problem without having to take the problem build all the way to cap.

Move the 28 pt to 32 pt upgrade part of lesser and have greater allow 2 levels to be deleted.

Thanks

/Signed

Steiner-Davion
10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I tried to reincarnate my Original 28Pt Build Cleric before I saw this post and I got two errors:

That Name is Alreay Taken - No Duh, that is the character I'm trying to Re-Incarnate, I want the same name I have.
No More Slots Error, I'm not creating a new slots, but reusing an old one.

Please See Screen Shots below.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/tseifert/GreaterReincarnationNameError.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/tseifert/GreaterReincarnationNoMoreSlotsErro.jpg

drac317
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
so with grtr you have to take the same lvls in the same place.

that bites

2 lvl respec at least,or if u dont want them it leaves you X levels lower than what you were and you just have to gain those lvls back.

arminius
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I apologize if this has been asked already but:

If a character chooses Greater Reincarnation, and has eaten a +2 Intelligence tome, and the intelligence tome stays in place, does that mean that the character gets skills points based on the tome from level 1 and up, or the level in which one took the tome originally, or at level 7 across the board?

Thanks! Of course this is regarding the +2 tome sale this weekend. If it is from level 1 or level 7, then that makes buying an Int tome a no brainer for anyone I plan to do a greater reincarnate for. And of course, Int is the only tome for which level taken matters.

_

drac317
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
+1 at 2nd, +2 at 7th

Glin
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I have pulled Greater and Lesser Hearts of Wood from the Lamannia store - due to some really bad outcomes in chargen.

We will likely disable the buttons before the night is done.
This will be until we are able to update Lamannia next week with a fix.

All we know from today's results is, any transferred character* can not use lesser and greater reincarnation. We also believe it is related to copying your player history (the transferred soul's memories) to the new body.

We are also aware of the bug where you prompted to rename your character with a -1 or -2 in the name after it was transferred. The character slot message is erroneously related to that error. This will be fixed next lamannia update as well.

Since True Reincarnation does not retain your memories, True Reincarnation does not have the creation issue, but the name conflict will prevent you from trying it.

*To clarify: "transferred character" refers to a character that was created on a different shard. If a character was created on Lamannia originally, it will be able to reincarnate.

Thanks to all that tested this and reported the problem. The sooner we can identify and resolve the critical issues the sooner we will be able to publish the next update; and your feedback on Lamannia using real world characters is a big help.

Tolero
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Because Glin didn't show in the Dev tracker, reposting this here

I have pulled Greater and Lesser Hearts of Wood from the Lamannia store - due to some really bad outcomes in chargen.

We will likely disable the buttons before the night is done.
This will be until we are able to update Lamannia next week with a fix.

All we know from today's results is, any transferred character* can not use lesser and greater reincarnation. We also believe it is related to copying your player history (the transferred soul's memories) to the new body.

We are also aware of the bug where you prompted to rename your character with a -1 or -2 in the name after it was transferred. The character slot message is erroneously related to that error. This will be fixed next lamannia update as well.

Since True Reincarnation does not retain your memories, True Reincarnation does not have the creation issue, but the name conflict will prevent you from trying it.

*To clarify: "transferred character" refers to a character that was created on a different shard. If a character was created on Lamannia originally, it will be able to reincarnate.

Thanks to all that tested this and reported the problem. The sooner we can identify and resolve the critical issues the sooner we will be able to publish the next update; and your feedback on Lamannia using real world characters is a big help.

I will be temporarily closing the greater reincarnation thread until the feature is available again.

SirShen
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
OK I tryed this today. It worked. I leveled up to 20 fine. Had all my items. It added my tomes. Very smooth till I got to the Marketplace.

Problems:
1. You have to talk to all the reps again to gain that house favor.

2. Ended up with 2 time items from house P.

3. I had to use a new collapsed portable hole to get my last bag space back and pay the money.

4. All quests are re-set - So if you were on part 5 of Von you are now on part 1.
Also i had to reflag to get to meridia I couldnt teleport. Iv no idea if you have to reflag for Shroud because this toon has only done 2 of the quests in the Vale.

5. All areas are no re-set to no kills. This is great if you want more xp. So dont mind this.

grozzbaith
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
6. I was able to gain another +2 Favor Tome from NIX....(of course i eated it :) )

jimmymac32409
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Well I took my Level 20 28pt rogue and turned him into a 32pt level 20. That worked great after the patch today. I had all my gear (although it was in overflow). Once I talked to the Coin Lords and got my backpack slots back all was good.

The really really really big problem that is going to keep me and I bet others from ever doing a reincarnate on the live servers is the fact that you loose all quest progression when you do it. This means I'm a level 20 character that has not done any quests. Not a one. Since I'm capped and can't get any more xp anyway it doesn't really matter that much from the xp perspective but I'm no longer flagged for Rever or Shroud or DQ or Titan or Abbot. Now I don't know about anyone else but I'm not about to go re-get 60 relics and get blooded in the tor again. I'm not about to have to redo all 5 vale quests so I can run the Shroud. I really don't want to have to to re-make the Abbot sigil and re-run litney. I hope and pray that is not how greater reincarnation is meant to work. Please tell me this is a bug or an oversight on the devs part. Because if its meant to be that way then you may as well take it out and only have the TRUE reincarnate in my opinion. If that is how its meant to be then there is no point to doing it. I might as well just reroll the toon as a 32point veteran and rerun all the quests to rebuild him and re flag for everything. I wanted to do this to fix problems with my build and add the 4 points to make him better for the new content not to have to re-flag all the old stuff. But I still want to be able to run all the raids and get the raid loot.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Did a GR on my 28pt Dwarven barb.

I love the minator's dialogue about lost luggage lol

I know these are called "reincarnation" but LR and GR really are respecs. That colours some of my comments below

it would be nice if by default the appearance starts with our old appearance
its a bit of a pain running around to redo all the favor talks. This isn't make or break but auto recognizing favor would be nice
I don't see why we should need to give in another portable hole in order to get our 5th backpack space back. This is my only real gripe. If its too hard to leave the inventory tabs active then maybe you could just pop a portable hole in our inventory (in slot one pease :p) if we had a 5th backpack tab active when we started the process. I think this will be particularily important for new players who don't have a stack of them sitting in the bank like us vets :P
It's just a bit terrifying when you see only the first 3 inventory tabs there, no ancestral bank...until you realize its in overflow. I think a dialogue explaining this is very needed
As others noted, I was offered a 2nd +2 tome, probably not as intended but a nice bonus :p
level up process on the ship was straight forward and easy. tomes autoapplied at the correct levels
the builder correctly changed me from 28pt to 32pt
loved the way the NPC autohanded out XP... and now that we have that coding in the game it would be great to see you use it as a Lama only NPC to help with testing :D

Overall a really good effort.

trptim
10-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Wizards need to buy/find all the spells they had minus the ones they get on level up

Related to others above, you get the favor reward objects for any favor that gives something (blessing of silver flame, +2 tome, Phiarlan Pendant, Small Ingredient Bag, Collapsed Portable Hole, which helped me re-get my last bag slot, but still cost the money)

My guy was Shroud Ready, but now the shroud guy says I have to investigate (reflag)
Also checked Gianthold, and need to reflag, so I am guessing since all quests are reset, you need to redo any prerequisites.

Since I had my stone of shavarth, I was still able to do the crafting tutorial.

While some things reset, there was no first time bonus for a quest.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Hmm...yes, just found the same thing, flagging for all raids is gone...I'm not happy about that. Once again, I know you call it reincarnation, but its only use is as a respec for skills, feats, appearance, etc. Can we not keep those flags (and maybe even the quest completions...) available?

TechNoFear
10-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I tried a gtr res. Will there be any way to earn a respec token in game? (ie favor reward) After 3 years of changes, not all the problems with my character are my fault.

I think I am missing plat. I had 16,000 PP when I arrived but think I had well over 100K PP beforehand. Not sure, as I didn't check prior to the respec, so is very possibly user error. Anyone else missing plat?

Was disappointed my appearance changed. Can you set the generator to our current appearance?

Was annoyed I had lost all favor and raid flagging. This would probably stop me on live. If WAI please add a warning in the respec token purchase screens (so users know before they spend 1500 on a token).

THAC0
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Issues with Greater Reincarnation should be resolved with today's Lamannia patch. If you continue to experience errors, please report the errors!

NOTE: When you greater reincarnate, your character will be placed on an airship to Stormreach at level 1 with no equipment. Speak with the NPC on the boat, who will take you through the remainder of your reincarnation process granting you the XP and reassigning your skills/feats/etc until you've reached the level you were before you greater reincarnated. After you're finished, speak with the NPC's to arrive in the Marketplace, and head for the bank to retrieve your gear. Your gear is held for you in your bank in a new special tab that allows you to remove gear out, but not place it back in. If you decide to reincarnate the same character multiple times, be sure to clear your gear out of your reincarnation bank first.

Somehow I totally missed the above as well as these patch notes for the TEST server which clearly outline this: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066&highlight=32+build

Wow.... I am still surprised after all of the "No we are not going to do that" discussion. I remember recently reading that they were not going to do this...but can't find the post now. *shrug*

I'm not sure if I am happy about it this or not. Not that it really affects me on how other people build their characters. But, does make me wonder which side of the fence of players (VIP or F2P) they are gearing more content/stuff for. Maybe I've been reading too many Nay'Sayers threads... Overall, the rest of this stuff being tested looks cool. Keep the improvements coming Turbine. :)

Gelandor
10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I tried with Greater reincarnation last night.

I reincarnated my Original 28 Point Lvl 19 Cleric, and the Process was very easy, and worked very well.

My only negative comments about the process are:

Inventory Spots - You have to talk to the Coin Lord Guy to get one Inventory Spot, and Talk to Ryo and have a Collapsed Portable Hole , and pay 10k Plat for the other one.
All Quests are reset, this is not cool that I have to re-flag for every raid, this would keep me from doing this on live.

And as mentioned by someone else above, when you go to talk to Nyx, he gives you a 2nd 1750 Tome, which is nice, but I am sure that is not WAI.

Jonathan_Lonehawk
10-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I tried with Greater reincarnation last night.

I reincarnated my Original 28 Point Lvl 19 Cleric, and the Process was very easy, and worked very well.

My only negative comments about the process are:

Inventory Spots - You have to talk to the Coin Lord Guy to get one Inventory Spot, and Talk to Ryo and have a Collapsed Portable Hole , and pay 10k Plat for the other one.
All Quests are reset, this is not cool that I have to re-flag for every raid, this would keep me from doing this on live.

And as mentioned by someone else above, when you go to talk to Nyx, he gives you a 2nd 1750 Tome, which is nice, but I am sure that is not WAI.

You also get duplicates of your special edition/headstart and so on gear (I ended up with 2 boots, 2 founders helmets, and two amulets of natural armor. You also have to talk to all the house reps to get your 75/150 etc favor upgrades again which as mentioned above includes the pack space, which will cost a heck of a lot. I think either they need to have you retain these things or in the reincarnation warning screen tell you ALL the consequences of reincarnating.

Riggs
10-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Losing wizard spells = big negative.

Losing quests and raid flagging = huge negative.

You are not gaining anything except ...well going from 28-32 if you happen to still have 28s around...but only being able to redo your skills and stats - while very useful - the cost of having to redo everything, reflag everything, repay....thats a huge minus.

Should be easy enough to fix though? Keep all quests and flags? all memorized spells....all favor etc. (raid flag goes from =0 to =1?).

Lillitheris
10-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Not retaining the quest progression and raid flagging is a huge turn-off. If it remains as is, I surely won't be doing a greater reincarnation when the update goes live.

Sigh. I was really hoping I could finally upgrade my first ever character from three and a half years back :(

Claver
10-17-2009, 08:35 AM

I used Greater Reincarnation on a 28 point build 15/1 without major incident but have two problems/comments to report that may not be related to the original bug.

The first, is when I accepted my stats and skills on character creation it clicked right through the character appearance screen. I was stuck with a random appearance I didn't like (thank god for the hair styles from the DDO store). If this had not been lammania I would have been very upset. In normal character creation, you have to enter your character name at the appearance screen to confirm your selection. Since the your name has already been reserved for greater reincarnation there is no stop to insure approval of the appearance. Some kind of safeguard is needed to prevent players from accidentally clicking through the appearance screen and being stuck with a character who they hate. Looks matter!!!!

Another problems was that my inventory was in overflow mode. I was down to 3 bag tabs despite having 1750 favor. Although I kept my favor it seems I lost my collapsed bag of holding that had been repaired in my past life. I believe I recovered all my possessions so this is only a minor inconvenience.

Its the random appearance issue that would be a deal breaker for me.

Beethoven
10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Appearance: while I can see it being annoying to redo your appearance, lot of people asked for exactly that in connection with respec (see the respec thread). It's inconvenient for those who like their toons looks, but therefore pleases those who want to change their appearance. Keeping the old appearance -and- being able to change it may be far more difficult on the technical side. So, I can see why they did that.

Quest reflagging: it's annoying and probably not working as intended. However, doubt it will end up on the major issues list. Many of those quests still are popular loot runs (PoP for Kardins Eye, Titan pre-quests for Rez ring and Teleport mask, Tor for scales and Shroud pre-quests need to be re-run anyway any time someone wants to craft a new GS blank). Before we had to re-run all quests, all favor and re-get all levels and bound equipment when re-rolling. So, while not perfect I'd still consider it a huge step forward.

Raid completions: I have to admit, didn't play with it yet but maybe those who did can check. Does it reset your Raid Completions as well? It's probably something people should be made aware of if it does since I could see it potentially annoying if you have 18 Reaver completions and 19 Shroud, Greater Reincarnate and end up with 0 completions across the board.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Appearance: while I can see it being annoying to redo your appearance, lot of people asked for exactly that in connection with respec (see the respec thread). It's inconvenient for those who like their toons looks, but therefore pleases those who want to change their appearance. Keeping the old appearance -and- being able to change it may be far more difficult on the technical side. So, I can see why they did that.

Quest reflagging: it's annoying and probably not working as intended. However, doubt it will end up on the major issues list. Many of those quests still are popular loot runs (PoP for Kardins Eye, Titan pre-quests for Rez ring and Teleport mask, Tor for scales and Shroud pre-quests need to be re-run anyway any time someone wants to craft a new GS blank). Before we had to re-run all quests, all favor and re-get all levels and bound equipment when re-rolling. So, while not perfect I'd still consider it a huge step forward.

Raid completions: I have to admit, didn't play with it yet but maybe those who did can check. Does it reset your Raid Completions as well? It's probably something people should be made aware of if it does since I could see it potentially annoying if you have 18 Reaver completions and 19 Shroud, Greater Reincarnate and end up with 0 completions across the board.

It's odd at the very point they have started to realize that raid reflagging needs to be more friendly that they do an unfriendly think to raid reflagging. And yes, your completions are reset.

arminius
10-18-2009, 09:30 AM

These are all really serious issues that would hold me off from taking advantage of this respec. The problem I have with them is that they are all easily correctable. The appearance specifically should be simple. The various aspects of appearance are all lockable in the character creation interface. Instead of passing a random appearance generation, just save the current configuration, and lock it. If the user wants to unlock it from there, that great.

But if the character appearance generator has to have a starting point, and it does, there is nothing from stopping that starting point being "the previously saved configuration."

_

jimmymac32409
10-18-2009, 11:04 AM

Yes you end up with 0 completions

Jefro
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I had problems with ddo store and help showing up after reincarnating. After a bunch of relogs decided to just wait a day see what happens...

Myrddinman
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I totally agree with this, the default should be looks: locked. Can be unlocked if desired, but I think a lot of people would be appalled that they can't guarantee that their character looked the same.

I'm color blind and would just have an awful time of it, even if I had a screenshot of the old look right there to compare.

_

/signed

Not only this, but can the devs please add color descriptions to the color tiles at character creation. As another color-blind player, I always have to ask my wife what color my characters' skin is and does it look okay :)

/thread derail off

Dark-Star
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Tried after the recent patch and it went flawlessly. Good job in implementation.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-21-2009, 01:37 PM
This is being discussed in another thread but so it isn't missed....

GR seems to remove your draconic vitality HP feat and talking to the Argo rep does not return it to you. That seems to be an outright bug.

cdemeritt
10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Tried it last night (Oct 20th) on a old 28pt dwarven fighter of mine. Loved the straight forward process.. A couple things were in overflow, but I had all 5 pack slots. Fixed several Noob mistakes I made to this toon years ago. Tomes all applied correctly at lvl.

However:
* the warning explaining what reincarnation does should be moved from Kruk to the DDO store, I would have been very upset to spend $20 real money to buy it, just to find out I bought the wrong thing.

* Loss of Dragonic Vitality feat: lost this, Argonnesse agent didn't give it back (inspite of favor recorded)

* Raid reflagging... Not happy with this, but I don't expect it to be too big of an issue... Except for I am currently flagging for TOD and wonder if I should bother to continue.. Also I didn't see a warning for this.

* Explorer area resets: Didn't have time to check all of them, but the vale reset, and given the other resets I fully expect that the others reset as well... Not a huge issue unless like me my Sub-T Slayers are at 1400... I also saw no warning of this... is this supposted to happen?

* raid counter resets: ok... Not a biggie, but no warning of it. Would be bothersome to have 18-19 raids to find you have 0

*Else looked good.

Looking forward to it going live....

trptim
10-21-2009, 04:12 PM
This is being discussed in another thread but so it isn't missed....

GR seems to remove your draconic vitality HP feat and talking to the Argo rep does not return it to you. That seems to be an outright bug.

If this is true, then this must have been introduced in the last update or isn't consistent, as I did a GR on 10/15 on my wizard and he has Draconic Vitality (thought I checked then, so checked again and it is there)

kadens
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
peronally i would like to see greater reincarnation have a higher level of effect. Currently on 32 points or drow it's pointless, folks will only use lesser or true. I would like to see greater offer changes in race/alignment and level shifting (swapping levels in current classes).

Note: that to avoid abuse, level shifting should have a limit of +/- X levels. That way your 16 level barbarian doesnt take 1 level of sorcerer then greater reincarnate to a 17 level sorcerer

tc12
10-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Very long thread so I don't know if this has been asked/suggested already... but:

"NOTE: When you greater reincarnate, your character will be placed on an airship to Stormreach at level 1 with no equipment. Speak with the NPC on the boat, who will take you through the remainder of your reincarnation process granting you the XP and reassigning your skills/feats/etc until you've reached the level you were before you greater reincarnated."

My wish would be that you can stop before you reach the level at which you began the reincarnation. If you made a leveling "mistake" at say, level 15 and are now 17-20, it would be nice to reincarnate and level in the original order back through to 14th, then exit early and proceed to level normally from there. Sure you're still burning some levels, but keeping bound gear. And you're earning by normal xp all levels past the point you choose to take a new path from in your development, nothing "free" in the new direction.

Really if there's no other way to undo a multiclassing mistake this seems one way to not have to re-level entirely just from the point in your career where things went awry. Maybe that was very early, maybe later, but seems this option would help.

Devrak
10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
I don't like the idea of allowing you to make super powered low-level characters. This reminds me of WoW and how much of a disbalance it created in dueling. Also for those people who worked VERY hard every night to get 1750 favor, it is an insult just to be able to create a 32pt build with True Reincarnation. I like the idea of restarting over with your character, but if you have not earned the 1750 favor, than its a slap in the face! http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Natashaelle
10-22-2009, 04:02 AM
Currently on 32 points or drow it's pointless, folks will only use lesser or true.

I think it may also be used by people who have previously used TR, and wish to Reincarnate again without losing XP/Favour but retaining their 34/36 points in their build.

IF I have understood correctly how GR will work with 34/36 pointers that is...

Emili
10-22-2009, 11:21 AM
peronally i would like to see greater reincarnation have a higher level of effect. Currently on 32 points or drow it's pointless, folks will only use lesser or true. I would like to see greater offer changes in race/alignment and level shifting (swapping levels in current classes).

Note: that to avoid abuse, level shifting should have a limit of +/- X levels. That way your 16 level barbarian doesnt take 1 level of sorcerer then greater reincarnate to a 17 level sorcerer
It would be nice if greater allowed for alignment - am sure they could keep class true to it all the same. One of the mistakes I put with was not even my own... My still 28 point bard Rosewood was built as Neutral years ago, then she was hit by the swaying alignment bug and ended up Neutral good... by the time I noticed she was close to the then cap of level 10... and the GM could not help me.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't like the idea of allowing you to make super powered low-level characters. This reminds me of WoW and how much of a disbalance it created in dueling. A

What makes you think they are superpowered? All they get is 4 more build points, the same as if they had rolled a 32 pt build from scratch. There is nothing at all remotely unbalancing about this.

Also for those people who worked VERY hard every night to get 1750 favor, it is an insult just to be able to create a 32pt build with True Reincarnation. I like the idea of restarting over with your character, but if you have not earned the 1750 favor, than its a slap in the face! http://forums.ddo.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

That's just whiney. "He paid $10 for his and I played to get mine". So what, you play your way, he plays his, his way doesn't hurt you at all. I long since got 1750 on 3 servers. Vets have been getting 1750 without working for it on 2nd and 3rd and 4th servers for $25 by transferring chars for a year or more now and that didn't make people cry. Doesn't hurt me at all if someone get is more easily or more cheaply.

Sirea
10-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree with those who said alignment should be included in Greater Reincarnation. Seems kinda meh that the only difference between Lesser and Greater is 28-to-32 point builds, like someone said above, it does nothing for those who are already 32 pts. Let us change alignment with Greater.

I know Tolero said in the Lesser Reincarnation thread it's all kinds of complicated and whatnot, but I really don't believe that it should be. If you started out a pally or monk for example, it should just automatically lock out things like bard and barbarian so you can't take them. I'm sorry but I really don't see what's so "complicated" about it :confused:

Shaddock
10-25-2009, 09:25 AM
The having to relearn all my spells as a wizard that I scrounged around for will keep me from spending money on this.

Emili
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes you end up with 0 completions

That is actually more annoying then it appears... how many level 20's you know are going to run around helping to flag for dragon, titan or reaver again? - Only those who also did a reincarnate. Everyone else have better things to do they're in the raids. Go ahead put up an LFM for lvl 20 reaver flagging and people shrug, they better things to do like the TOD posted or Abbot or whatnot - they're in the raids... the lvl 14's will not join they're in it for more than loot.
... and completion/timer reset a big detriment.

Skills:
One question I have is ... tomes, would it actually be hurting yourself since the tomes pop up now at LvL appropriate leveling? I mean in the past you ate a +2 int tome at level one... now it's going to only apply to Lvl 7 + so evidentally you lost 6 skill points you had before...

Feats:
Also let's say your dex was 14, you ate a +3 tome and took GTWF in a lower feat slot then where the level of a +3 tome kicks in... now the feat must be placed higher as you respec possibly screwing up your other feat chains as you try to refit them all. How does it treat people who ate +1 int , then +2 int and then +3 and later +4 int? Is taking CE in lower part of releveling now thrown out of whack?

So now ... you're a 32 point build from a 28 point ... or you attempted to tweak your 32 point for better performance... but you instead actually screwed it up as the character was better in other areas before. Your skill point pool may now be less, your feats may require multiple visits to fred to put back in with what you had before and you have to flag for every bloody raid once more.

Solymnar
10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Very long thread so I don't know if this has been asked/suggested already... but:

My wish would be that you can stop before you reach the level at which you began the reincarnation. If you made a leveling "mistake" at say, level 15 and are now 17-20, it would be nice to reincarnate and level in the original order back through to 14th, then exit early and proceed to level normally from there. Sure you're still burning some levels, but keeping bound gear. And you're earning by normal xp all levels past the point you choose to take a new path from in your development, nothing "free" in the new direction.

Really if there's no other way to undo a multiclassing mistake this seems one way to not have to re-level entirely just from the point in your career where things went awry. Maybe that was very early, maybe later, but seems this option would help.

That is a brilliant idea imo. :)

Chazzie
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
So like in lesser we keep are favor in greater right?

SneakThief
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Guess Im getting around to this a tad late, but Lesser and Greater do nothing to alleviate the unintentional splash or intentional before PrEs splash. As others have suggested, I would love to see Greater give the choice of not taking an existing level, making every NO answer make you one level lower than you were when you started. I think that is an essential part to why many (if not most) people wanted respecs to start with.

Race change would be a nice to have. Could make GR a cash cow when they start adding new races.

Natashaelle
11-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Just took a GR on a 7th level toon, on F2P basis, just after getting the 32-point builds capability from Store.

Upgrade to 32-points was smooth.

Won't repeat many points already made in the LR thread.

Started out with 4th backpack space pre-enabled, nice one :)

As a low>mid-level toon on F2P, this system does work well as a means to squeeze some xtra XP out of the system from repeating quests/wildernesses with zeroed completions, with the downside that meanwhile it is easy to set aside the favour grind...

I *will* repeat that I am still extremely unhappy that appearance is not retained as a basis during reincarnation, so that one has to rebuild appearance from scratch. This absolutely needs fixing prior to release of this whole feature...

leowen
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Sorry, only reason I was looking forward to this was to splash out of a multiclassing mistake I made on several "Parked" Toons, long ago, don't wanna loose their gear, don't wanna relevel them up, I just want to adjust their class levels, or get rid of the multclass altogether.

I'm sorry, I've never seen another game, ever, where if you change the CORE MECHANICS of the game, you do not give your playerbase the ability to adjust to somthing you changed.

It's why I quit the first time, I heard about this and resubbed. I could see the lesser just being skills and feats, but if I'm going to pay money ( AND I WILL ) to respec, say an old level 14 that hasn't been played in 3 years into somthing viable...the greater reincarnate should be the place for this.

Natashaelle
11-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Sorry, only reason I was looking forward to this was to splash out of a multiclassing mistake I made on several "Parked" Toons, long ago, don't wanna loose their gear, don't wanna relevel them up, I just want to adjust their class levels, or get rid of the multclass altogether.

I'm sorry, I've never seen another game, ever, where if you change the CORE MECHANICS of the game, you do not give your playerbase the ability to adjust to somthing you changed.

It's why I quit the first time, I heard about this and resubbed. I could see the lesser just being skills and feats, but if I'm going to pay money ( AND I WILL ) to respec, say an old level 14 that hasn't been played in 3 years into somthing viable...the greater reincarnate should be the place for this.

The Devs have fairly categorically stated that what you are asking for is a Work In Progress, and will only become available some time in the future.

Sorry :(

NordRonnoc
11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
If I try the Greater Reincarnation, do I get the 32 point system or do I need to get the 32 point system by favor or DDO points?

Wait...scratch that! Okay, another question:

How much are the Heart of Woods ranging from lesser, greater, to true?

MAP1974
11-16-2009, 09:12 PM

agree.

greater reincarnation is presently underwhelming.

alignment change should also be thrown in there.

tfangel
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
The having to relearn all my spells as a wizard that I scrounged around for will keep me from spending money on this.

I skimmed the thread, but wow, i hadn't thought of that. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to spells, i *have* to get them all even if i never use some of them. It adds up, and i won't look forward to this if i have to get them all in the spell book again. :P

shenthing
11-20-2009, 09:47 PM
But how about throwing in a race change in there? I don't want to pick up levels of another class.. I'm not even THAT concerned with my skill points, I would however like to change my drow to a dwarf.

Giddlypip
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
So Drow characters get nothing out of Greater Reincarnation? I think greater should at least include the ability to let you change some of your class levels... This is kind of lame.

Chaosmagistrate
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
So has it been confirmed that Greater Reincarnation is supposed to remove all flags?

Chaosmagistrate
11-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Any news on when this may be released?

akiraproject24
12-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Reincarnation just seems like a way to clear out and clean up things like crit rage and +2 tomes eaten at lvl 2..and make an xtra buck while doing so.

Zynthar
12-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Personally I'm eagerly awaiting it to fix several older characters. I'm a renoob, just came back in July and my highest character is a 17 fighter that I rolled up before mod 1. Needless to say the game has changed quite abit since then. He's fun, but I would VERY MUCH like to streamline and correct several things with his build, as well as bump points up to 32!

Yes.. I have heal and points in tumble and... spring attack?

Shamurai
12-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I read most of the posts in this thread until I got a little lost. So I'll attempt summarize while I question

This regards Greater Recincarnation of my Gimped 28 pt Paladin
~ Will I be able to redo her stat distribution and actually putting some in Con, and less in wisdom?
~ Tomes will be kept (but applied at lvl 3 and 7 for the stats taken) correct?
~ Raid Flags - I have at least 4 or so for most raids and would like to keep them.?
~ I will still be a lvl 19 Paladin at the end but with a 32 pt build?
~ How much is the Dark heart from DDO store - if above is all good I wanna do this today!
~ Any thing else I should know?

kaelis
12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I read most of the posts in this thread until I got a little lost. So I'll attempt summarize while I question

~ Will I be able to redo her stat distribution and actually putting some in Con, and less in wisdom?
~ Raid Flags - I have at least 4 or so for most raids and would like to keep them.?
~ How much is the Dark heart from DDO store - if above is all good I wanna do this today!

Not in game yet. :)

As to the answers I'm relatively sure of: Tomes are kept how you describe. Raid flags, favor, exp are kept, you just relevel up to exactly where you left off. You have to have already unlocked 32pnt build to buy this feature.

ahpook
12-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Yes. You start at the Char gen screen picking a look and stat distribution.

Correct

Raid flags and comlpetion counters are supposed to remain intact.

Yes.

This is a guess but expect 1200 TP +/- 200 TP. The TR one is 1395 I believe so this should be a little cheaper.

Many, many things. :)

Barumar
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
As are many others, I am eagerly awaiting the ability to greater reincarnate one or more of my characters. The chance to fix a mistake I made at creation, of simply one made in good faith at the time that is now wasted skill or stat points, is HUGE to me!

I am a casual player who does not have the time nor desire to reroll characters over and over based on changes to the game, so when I first heard about this ability I was overjoyed!

However, as others are pointing out, there appear to be some issues with what is currently on the beta (or preview) server:

You loose your appearance, and must start with a blank slate - should be changed to default to current appearance.

Wizards loose their Spells in their spell book? If true, this seems unfair and should be fixed to leave them alone!

If true about what is implied regarding flagging for Shroud and Raids, that does not make sense either. It seems too many of the True Resurrection 'clean slate' options were left in here, and should be removed.

Also, now that I had gotten all excited about the new option to not only allow me to re-level and assign skill and stat points differently, but to remove (go CS!) a level I wish I never took, or in my case splash a level I wish I had taken - I am very disappointed if this is not a bug.

My original first day of pre-release Paladin (now a mule) would love to add a level or two or Rogue and be an evasion Pally. Paying to upgrade him to 32 points, fix a ton of first day mistakes, and 'level' him back to 16 would definetely be something I would pay to do!

However, if I have to take those levels of Rogue at 15 and 16 instead of 1 and where ever I choose is rediculous, and will probably cause me to NOT pay to do this...

I truly hope that is an oversight or a bug, and that the Dev's will work to get this resolved ASAP!

Barumar

In_Like_Flynn
01-15-2010, 09:11 AM
I finally tried Greater Reincarnation for myself. I copied three toons from Ghallanda, each with specific past-life issues: 18 Cleric, 10/4/3 Rogue/Fighter/Paladin and 16 Monk.

10/4/3 Rogue/Fighter/Paladin
I wanted to remove the Paladin levels, so I bought a +3 Greater Reincarnate. The only issue I discovered is that each time I leveled I needed to close the NPC dialog to see the leveling dialog underneath. The interface was pretty straightforward, but I think it should be made clearer that if you stray from your path you lose one of your class changes, even if you switch to a class that appears later in your build. (Chronology matters).

16 Monk
I wanted to correct a problem whereby several levels of Toughness resulted in feats that could not be exchanged for Two Weapon Fighting when my DEX increased. Worked like a charm, and I was pleased to see tomes take effect at 3rd, 7th and beyond. No lingering dialog here, so I assume it's a product of class changes.

18 Cleric
I wanted to update this 28 point build to a 32, and realign CON and STR mistakes made years ago. Worked great! No issues. No lingering dialog.

Summary: looks great! Aside from one dialog that would not close on its own, and some speculation about what happens when you "leave your path", I was pleased with the results.

DagazUlf
01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I tried out a Greater Reincarnation today on my level 20 Human Fighter, and here are the issues I found (also reported via the in-game Bug Reporting tool):

- Dialog Closure issue with the level-up NPC on the ship
- Force of Personality feat unavailable during level-up (CHA was 14, 13 required for feat)
- Dragonmark feats unavailable during level-up (previously had 3 levels of the Passage marks)
- I would suggest a minor change in the online store for the Hearts of Wood. As it stands, the item listing starts with the text and ends with the +1, +2, or +3 for the class-changing versions. Since the title is actually quite long, it leaves off midway through the display and it is quite easy to mistakenly purchase say, a Greater Heart of Wood +2 instead of just a regular Greater Heart of Wood. I'm sure there are multiple ways to make that more friendly, even just placing the +X at the start would be helpful.

As it stands now, the Greater Reincarnation basically borked my favorite character since everything I had planned depended upon the feat selections which I was unable to make. I will later test if Fred can fix that for me. :)

P.S. It would be a nice feature to be able to undo your Reincarnation if the level-up process does not work as desired. A mis-allocation of stat points during the reincarnation can easily lead to issues with the levelling.

DagazUlf
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
- Dragonmark feats unavailable during level-up (previously had 3 levels of the Passage marks)

Okay, I think I figured this part out...

The Greater Reincarnation must have negated the chat I had with Lockania?

Glorious
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Just a quick question during your process for Greater Reincarnation.

Did you keep the tomes that you had previously eaten - regardless of when they were applied during the re-leveling process? I am just looking for confirmation either way as to whether you lose your tomes during the greater reincarnation process or you get to keep them.

And/or do we have confirmation from a Dev or anyone else from Turbine either way?