PDA

View Full Version : The Doom Brigade

Seiren
10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Are you brand or relatively new to DDO?

Are you a mature adult 21 or over who can use voice chat?

Do you like lite RP?

Are you excited about having a whole new and unknown world to explore?

Would you like to learn the game along with other new players rather then have a veteran show you everything?

Are you here to play D&D and not WoW?

When in an instance. Do you go EXTREMELY and EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOWLY?

Do you like to soak up and savor every single little bit of content?

If one missions takes an hour or more to complete. Is that fine with you?

Do you like to play the game stealthily?

Do you prefer using cunning and guile over brute force?

Are you a team player?

Do you want to part of a group that works together? Rather then be in a party of soloist?

Do you share with others?

If you find or have an item that you don't need and you know someone else does. Would you give it to that person rather then sell it to them?

If you said “yes” to ALL of the questions above. Then we'd really like to hear form you.

The Doom Brigade (http://www.thedoombrigade.eu/), an anti-zerging, lite RP, Dungeons & Dragons Online guild that dwells on Cannith (US) server. You can be F2P or P2P. Clueless newbs preferred but we won't turn down a vet. If you're interested please reply to this thread or this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=204305) with character name, and time zone. Then we can figure out how best to get in contact with each other.

The guild was originally the idea of Izztyrr and although the name is different what brought us together was the way he envisioned this guild. He is currently absent and so a group of us decided to start things rolling for him as we wait because we share his ideas. Upon his return we've decide to name him Leader and crown him with his rightful title. If further changes are required upon his return we'll deal with them when the time comes.

Current Leader Crysanea, Officer Ranks filled by Lorthar, Aeirin, and Seiren. Feel free to add our names to your friends list and contact us for guild invite.

RobertVesco
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I would love to join. It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Please contact me via PM or thru MyDDO.

Bravocash
10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
^^

Seiren
10-09-2009, 07:13 AM
I would love to join. It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Please contact me via PM or thru MyDDO.

Hey Robert! I've sent you a PM. :)

Halkon
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I am interested in joining. My character is Halkon, and my time zone is EST.

Izztyrr
10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I am interested in joining. My character is Halkon, and my time zone is EST.

Thank you for your interest. I'm EST also and on most weeknights. You can send me a tell in game and we can chat. You can also go to our forums. The Doom Brigade (http://www.thedoombrigade.eu/) and apply.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sonoma
12-01-2009, 08:32 PM
DM for my kids in the mid-70s, bought every AD&D computer game, having a blast with DDO. As with everything, its better when you share. Recently joined a RP group, but turns out they are Zergers. Looking for better, or actually, looking for Best.

Toon is Sonoma, Paladin VIII, a true gentleman and knight. Sometimes gets poetical.
Alt is Weasel, Rogue Jr., semi-talented up-and-coming sleazebag. Don't lend him money, but trust him with your life.

I'll check in from time to time.

Midragoth
12-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I would like to join you, I'm Midragonius, a level 10 wizard.

voidholder
12-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Please register to our guild forums at http://www.thedoombrigade.eu and leave a post there at the recruitment forum! We'd like to know a bit of people before inviting them in, and also this way the forum and event planner access rights stay organized.

Miyamoto_Musashi
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Hello I am interested in joining your guild. I generally play a few nights a week sometime on Sat morning. My characters name is Samurij its my first try at a character. I chose Ranger becuase of the ranged and twf options. I am a new newbie and am just starting. I did play the pencil and paper version in the middle 80's.( I am 34 now) The more I read on the forums the more I like this game and the more I get confused on how to proceed. I would like to join a group that will answer all my stupid questions and maybe run with on quests. My time zone in central. I may need help with the voice chat thing beause I have never used it before. Thanks for your consideration

I see above me where to actually try and register... I will register there DUH :)

Ayrleig
01-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Sounds exactly like the kind of peeps I'd like to run (or... walk!) with. I have one question: do you play it out ethically? For example, are there quests for shoddy NPC's that you won't do? (Or, do you pretend the story is different?)

In fact, this is what I posted a few hours ago:

Looking 4 Group/Guild about the Fantasy Fun

I started just after Christmas and I'm looking for a group (guild or not) that's first and foremost about putting oneself in the fantasy scenarios provided by DDO, through their characters' play. That's the fun, for me. Is that what you and your group/guild enjoy?

Primary emphases that *won't* be compatible:
- Playing like Mario
- "Toons" (instead of, as much as it fits DDO, "characters," though I'm not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with roleplay)
- Working hard on quests over and over again to build XP and Favor (wow, that's tedious to me; where's the fun?).

Looking for people who are fresh to these scenarios, or who *want to PLAY IT OUT like it's fresh to the characters, thus to them* -- and, to have a bit of camaraderie in the process.

Looking to get together mostly in 2's and 3's probably in most quests.

Please let me know! I'll be looking in, thanks -- or send me a direct message!

Ayrleig

Fidelias
01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
I like your web site. I have registered as Yuen. My main character is Yuen Wo, a level 4 monk. I would like to meet a few of your people and see how many are on at the same time I am before I go ahead and apply.

So far I like what I see and hear.:o

FireGenasi
01-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Hit Level seven and realizing most of the fun quests are not easily done solo. Looking for a guild and yours sounds like my kind of thing.

I'd love to jump on this bandwagon. My main character is a Level 7 fighter. Rederic.

Thanks!

voidholder
01-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Sounds exactly like the kind of peeps I'd like to run (or... walk!) with. I have one question: do you play it out ethically? For example, are there quests for shoddy NPC's that you won't do? (Or, do you pretend the story is different?)

When doing quests in character it falls down to each characters own motives and alignment, to pretend that some facts are different than given if they couldn't otherwise justify doing said quest. I don't think we have any who'd outright refuse to do a certain quest because of RP issues.

I hate using "toon" and try to refer to my characters as people, not just a build. We have some people who "roll a lot of alts" but I think even they considered each of their character's background story in order to make the more than just numbers.

In RP groups we agree beforehand what the level of spoilers should be. Default is none, but some places we might make slight exceptions if doing something spesific would cause the group a lot of problems. Handled in character, like "this portcullis looks like it could fall down on us... better make it across at the same time". The more first timers there are the more fun it is.

For grouping we often do guild only stuff so we know we get the style right for all. Because of the level spread this means a lot of things are done in smaller groups than 6, which is actually really nice to give more room for each character. And yes, at mid levels it becomes very hard to do things alone.

As some of our members are over 60 they tend to hate "Mario" stuff too, but in some places you can't avoid a bit of that. Taking risks by running across traps if there is a rogue around is something most character would never do.

Have to add that we do regular PVE runs as well - sometimes it is just more feasible to cut down the RP and prepare in beforehand to the nasty surprises that you already know are in there. This in case everyone has already done the quest before. Some of the members stick to RP only, though.

We try to catch you online, Yuen, Rederic and Ayrleig (is that you character's name aswell?) - always up for new friends to share the fun with!

Phedra
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
I like your web site. I have registered as Yuen. My main character is Yuen Wo, a level 4 monk. I would like to meet a few of your people and see how many are on at the same time I am before I go ahead and apply.

So far I like what I see and hear.:o

Hey there Fidelias. I am the webmaster at the Doom Brigade website. I saw your registration and just wanted to inform you that you need to activate it by visiting a link that was sent in the email address you provided upon registering. Until you activate it you will not be able to login in our Forums. If you face any difficulties with that mail me at crysanea@thedoombrigade.eu and I will help further. Thanks for your interest in the Guild and your comments about our website. Take care

razor123
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
sounds good to me i just like the game and have fun I am on at random times as i drive alot.
I mainly play fighters and rogues. but, have been playing a battle cleric lately.
on Cannith i have a lvl4 ftr DeathstoneII and a Lvl4 Cleric Ican.
my main Alt is Deathstone Lvl 10 on Khyber.
I am an officer in Unsung Heros (Khyber).
I am new to the Cannith server.

Jadman1971
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
You guys sound like just what I am looking for. I am Shyloyh Oasisborn. New to the server.

Fantoche_13th
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
It really sound like the kind of guild I wish to join in. Please invite me, barbarian/bard, Galimh The First. I already add you to my friend list hope see you on the game. :)

riverdance
02-06-2010, 01:29 PM
HI all .

This is exactly what i am looking for as my first ever guild. I am a level 3 human fighter and just started in stormreach after completing all hard modes on Karthos island.

Please consider me for a position in your guild. Let me know what i have to do to join. PM or reply to this thread...

Gnorak
02-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I had almost given up playing DDO because I couldn't find a guild that fits with the way I like to roleplay. This sounds pretty good. My character is Gnorak Orcsplitter, level 3 paladin on the Cannith server (I believe... it's been a while since I actually played). I would be willing to relocate and start over for the right guild. I'd also be willing to create a new character to fit the needs of the group. I have several characters on file in the brain I can choose from. I am in the Eastern time zone, and am very interested.

If it matters, I am FTP.

JeetKuneDo
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Tried DDO way back and wasn't into it at the time. Came back very recently and have really started to like this game. Debating whether a guild is right for me (and a friend I play with a lot). On PST time zone (GMT -8) and play evenings (any hours between 7p-1a) and more on the weekends. I like the sound of the guild and am hoping you have a decent player base on during these hours. Also it seems like it's a younger guild which I sort of like so there will be many more first time lower level characters to run with, not just alts. I have an almost 5 (probably tonight) Monk named Tokkan. Look forward to discussing the possibility further.

Harblack
02-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Hello! I also like the sound of the Doom Brigade. Would like to look over the forums but I've been fighting my e-mail accounts... (I thought I had it fixed) and am waiting for the website validation.

Looking forward to seeing what the DB guildies have to chat about.

~Harblack

voidholder
02-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi all, and thanks for the interest in us!

The application process starts by creating an account to our forums. Once you get the account confirmed, you are able to post there in our applicant forum. This gives you time to read our rules and policies and make sure you feel comfortable by them. Don't worry, we don't have too many rules!

Leaving an application allows us to get to know your preferred playing style and know a bit of your playing background and familiarity with DD(O) rules (mind you, no experience is required). Also it ensures us that you are really interested in us and not just applying to the first guild you encountered :). Last but not least, it is highly helpful to keep track of applicants, their statuses, and to further upgrade forum rights to member status.

After receiving the application, our officers will add your character to our friends list to try to catch you online to arrange some adventures together. It is also possible to just seek us out in game and get in touch through there, but the official application is preferred for the above mentioned reasons! Of course no harm in getting touch with our members to run with even though you have not yet decided to apply.

A lot of interest towards us of late, which is most welcome! New people should find others to group with for all lower levels, from Europe and US and some people from Asia as well.

Our website and forums are at http://www.thedoombrigade.eu . Nice that so many of you have found your way there of late! The more the merrier!

carpe23noctum
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey!
I've been looking for a role play guild for a while, and you seem to be just the ticket.
My character's name is Alendrea Vendoramere (elven cleric) and I'm in the USA, on the East coast.

One thing, though: I'm going to be 17 in a month, and I don't have voice capabilities on my computer. But other than that, you guys seem to be a perfect fit for me. ^^

moizeus6
02-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Hello I am willing to join this guild. I just reroll my char. And I am looking for a fun/RP guild that likes questing, and helping newcomers.
My timezone:Eastern

teucer66
02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
ok so I am new to DDO (dec 2009), i like (not love) the game but it has its issues. this guild appears to be addressing one of my main concerns, random pugs. I have started 20+ groups with tags such as "be a team player for RPG style run, no zergs". You all know what happens when the (pick one...Zerger monk, 6 con low hp dual weapon rouge, immortal tank, frontline sorc, etc) joins the party. As the cleric I burn all my mana on him bc he outruns all of us and promply dies. as my rouge he minimizes my existance bc he dies in an easily spotted trap....etc. To continue my enjoyment of DDO and not develop a disfunctional love hate relationship with the game I am officialy requesting a trial run or two with your guild members. I have a L16 cleric (officer of another guild), a L5 rouge, a L6 pali, and a L4 fighter. L4 fighter vaporises tonight and I re-roll a 32pt cleric now that I know a little better what I need/want from a high end toon. I look forward to hearing from someone soon. Please PM Teucer66. Pacific time 'til wee hours most nights.
Regards, M.

ujkvbwe
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
<wave>
Hi, i read your forum and was hoping you were still recruiting .
I have a 5th level paladin named Mordikki Blackhammer ,aswell as a 1st lvl rogue and 1st lvl ranger .
If you have need of another mature casual player i would be more than pleased to swing a blade alongside of you .

Hope to here from you soon,

voidholder
03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi all. We are still recruiting so you are welcome to apply to our forums. Also perfectly all right to find our members online and ask for groups (you can catch them easiest by filtering the who-tab (under social panel - O) by guild. You can contact any member, it does not need to be an officer.

We've had so many recruits lately that it sometimes gets tough to catch all who have applied to our forums online, so unfortunately I doubt names have been picked from this thread only to seek out in game. I think we need to appoint someone to monitor this thread as well =)

One thing, though: I'm going to be 17 in a month, and I don't have voice capabilities on my computer. But other than that, you guys seem to be a perfect fit for me. ^^

We consist of mature players, but the age limit is not set to stone. I think youngest now is 21 but there was a 14 year old applicant who seemed mature enough to be accepted. Microphone is not required, but being able to hear others is strongly advised :)