PDA

View Full Version : To new players

aldan
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
DDO loves new players, and so do the founders.

What we dont like are players who cannot and will not play by group rules. Very simple things to make your stay in DDO alot easier.

If you join a group, play by the rules, if you cannot, then politely say so, and leave before or after quest, never during, you should never leave your team behind.

If you have a particular quest in mind, then suggest it, if the leader runs a different quest, dont attempt to hijack the group by running other players to your quest, simply say thanks for the group and create your own group.

I have played here since beta and know alot of players in Thenlanis, yesterday was one of the worst experiences with a new player then I can remember. The player wanted to run a certain quest, the group was running another. I told the group to meet out a "X" location. The new player decided since the other players didnt know where they were going, he would take them to his quest and disrupt the group.

Needless to say we did manage to keep our group and drop the new player from the group for being disruptive to the group.

It is just a game, but just be friendly and listen to the older players, they can help you out alot. You might even get some hand me down uber loot.

Just my 2 cents.

I welcome all new players. Listen, learn, and excel.

KoboldKiller
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
OMG, you can't be serious? I mean the gall to expect someone to ACTUALLY listen to the party leader and run the quest the LFM was up for is just presumptuous.
:rolleyes:

cbj192
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Sounds incredibly immature. Could have been a kid. Just more growing pains for us.

WolfSpirit
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
DDO loves new players, and so do the founders.

What we dont like are players who cannot and will not play by group rules. Very simple things to make your stay in DDO alot easier.

If you join a group, play by the rules, if you cannot, then politely say so, and leave before or after quest, never during, you should never leave your team behind.

If you have a particular quest in mind, then suggest it, if the leader runs a different quest, dont attempt to hijack the group by running other players to your quest, simply say thanks for the group and create your own group.

It is just a game, but just be friendly and listen to the older players, they can help you out alot. You might even get some hand me down uber loot.

Just my 2 cents.

I welcome all new players. Listen, learn, and excel.

-
+1 Post for sure. I'd give +10 if I could!

Renvar
10-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow. Did we really need a thread explaining to people that you should not lie to unsuspecting group members and purposefully lead them to the wrong place in an attempt to overrule the person who formed the group?

I am amazed at how rude some peole can be and how poorly they will behave. Leave out the whole new player aspect. That's not a new player. That's a rude, dishonorable person. They would be better off soloing. Unfortunately, I have met many long term players and new players who do not think that any rules apply to them in a group. Even ones of common sense and decency.

But on the positive front, players like that will probably very soon find it difficult to get groups.

Izztyrr
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm new, just started when the game went F2P. The hardest part of this game so far. Has been getting people to slow down and work together.

aldan
10-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I suggest if you are a new player and havent run a specific quest, put "new player" in your group description and that you want to explore and take it slow.

Alot of times what happens is that you have older players creating new characters and wanted to get leveled up fast, this does take away from the new players experience.

We dont mean to rush, but if I had joined a group that said take it slow, I would love to assist. Its fun watching groups explore something for the first time and keeping my mouth shut as to what is coming up ahead. Nothing like the barbarian racing ahead and getting nailed by a trap.

I didnt think I really needed to post regarding not being rude but sometimes you get players from other games who really dont want to work as a team.

V/R

Aldan

This game should be fun to play, and it is.

aldan
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm new, just started when the game went F2P. The hardest part of this game so far. Has been getting people to slow down and work together.

Older players will help you if you ask. By the time the new quests come out at high levels, its hard to find a group that hasnt perfected the run. I tend to start group with people who havent done the quest or wish to explore.

Cheers.

Izztyrr
10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Older players will help you if you ask. By the time the new quests come out at high levels, its hard to find a group that hasnt perfected the run. I tend to start group with people who havent done the quest or wish to explore.

Cheers.

The majority of the veterans I've met in this game have been great. It's the newbs like myself that can drive me up a wall.

Viriathus
10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Well i am a new player and actualy this is my first post!
Hey all!

Izztyrr
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Well i am a new player and actualy this is my first post!
Hey all!

Greetings and welcome.