PDA

View Full Version : Rod of Teleport and OOPS!

Drwaz99
10-07-2009, 08:23 AM
I think it a great idea that they added these to help no casters/umd characters to quickly get around the game. The one thing that irritated me a bit is that I bought one on my Barb and out of the 50 charges 20 of them were the "OOPS! You just jumped outta a plane without a parachute, life could suck for you any moment." While I think this is a funny and trivial idea for the spell or scroll, if I spend points on it, I expect it to work every time (just like all the healing wands from the store don't fail).

If by chance I could get a Dev response on this so i can tell is it's a bug and report it or that it's working intended so I can decided whether or not to buy one again. I searched the forum here and couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

Missing_Minds
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I'd say it is acting exactly like the teleport spell, so it is working as intended.

Normally I'd say "deal", but as you did pay "money" for it... I'd hope for 100% accuracy. I'd bug report it and pray for the best.

Impaqt
10-07-2009, 09:01 AM
40% failure rate is unheard of with teleports.... Pretty sure its supposed to be 5%.

Drwaz99
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah it's not really that big of a deal. I just happened to start counting on the second use when I saw it fail. I just didn't expect it too on a purchased rod. Oh well, I would rather them focus on things that are more important, just thought I'd ask.

Missing_Minds
10-08-2009, 11:00 AM
40% failure rate is unheard of with teleports.... Pretty sure its supposed to be 5%.

So he rolls well. That is all there is to it. Remember, all of DDOs die rolls are flat.

dandykong
06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
It's working as intended. You're just getting a 1 on a d20 half of the time. It's possible for a lot of bad rolls to lead to a player's ugly demise. I once got owned by a kobold due to lots of misses (my rolls) and critical hits (the kobold's rolls) playing as my lvl 6 paladin.

donfilibuster
06-29-2011, 09:08 PM
You are just unlucky, of the deadly unlucky sort.
I use rods frecuently and magic only goes pear-shaped ocassionally.

But remember, falling is actually harmless, what tends to cause damage is the abrupt stop at the end.
(words of wisdom from 2e PHB)

Lithic
06-30-2011, 12:29 AM
I think it a great idea that they added these to help no casters/umd characters to quickly get around the game. The one thing that irritated me a bit is that I bought one on my Barb and out of the 50 charges 20 of them were the "OOPS! You just jumped outta a plane without a parachute, life could suck for you any moment." While I think this is a funny and trivial idea for the spell or scroll, if I spend points on it, I expect it to work every time (just like all the healing wands from the store don't fail).

If by chance I could get a Dev response on this so i can tell is it's a bug and report it or that it's working intended so I can decided whether or not to buy one again. I searched the forum here and couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

I've got a bunch of those used from the egg hunt, and can't remember any of them seemming to have much more than the 3-5% oopsie factor.

KillEveryone
06-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Since you paid real money for it, I'd say you should have 100% chance of it sending you where you want to go.

While I do like the fail chance with teleport, having the fail go to the market all the time is quite boring and it more of a tedious nusance than novelty after the first few times. I do like coming down in market when I teleported there, any other time it is just boring. Even without a featherfall item, you can cast/scroll another one with plenty of time to spare.

If there were more locations where you could end up by accident, it would be more entertaining.

Falco_Easts
06-30-2011, 01:32 AM
If there were more locations where you could end up by accident, it would be more entertaining.

I like this idea.

Deep underwater out in the harbour, Stuck in a crypt in Deleras (bash door to open), Korthos explorer etc...

Rumbaar
06-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I agree store brought version should be better than the in game gift version. But then I don't like that idea either.

donfilibuster
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree store brought version should be better than the in game gift version. But then I don't like that idea either.

Can't see it happening the way they handle teleport and greater teleport.
Maybe if they make rods of teleportation circle.