PDA

View Full Version : Redo The Pit quest...PLEAAAASE!!

Anton27
10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Out of all the quest in the game the worst ever I think is the pit, if only for the part where you have to jump up all those darn pipes to get to the top.

If anyone at Turbine reads this, is there any plans on a remodeling or redesigning this quest? If not can it please be done.....pretty please.....pretty please with a dragon shard on top?

sirgog
10-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I like the quest except for the Mario skills parts.

Arnya
10-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Please leave as is, and add more platform style quests.

It's great having to jump round and time things :)

All 3 furnaces can be soloed, and I still count figuring out how to solo it as one of my favourite acheivements in the game.

More physical challenge puzzles please.

Saaluta
10-06-2009, 11:57 PM
OP...after looking at your characters in your sig, and not seeing any high levels...wait til you get to coalescence chamber, it makes the pit seem like a walk in the park...or the waterworks :)

Saal :)

Inspire
10-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Actually, the Pit is one of favourite quests in the game. The furnaces are actually the best part!

Puzzle Solving
Mazes
Fantastic Terrain
Traps
Whats not to like?

Bunker
10-06-2009, 11:58 PM
So you dont' like the quest. More then likely had a hard time completing it. Your solution is to have the devs change it?

OP: Is there any merit to why there should be changes? IE it is bugged. Un completable by anyone. The latest patch broke the quest. Anything like that?

Or is is simply you dont' like it?

Lithic
10-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Pit is one of the best quests in the game. Its a nice change from the hackfests. Not that I object to hackfests :D

FluffyCalico
10-07-2009, 12:00 AM
OP...after looking at your characters in your sig, and not seeing any high levels...wait til you get to coalescence chamber, it makes the pit seem like a walk in the park...or the waterworks :)

Yeah you would think after cole chamber that people could go accross the bridge in bastion and ToD without falling off. Especially when warned in advance not to fall ...:eek:

Memnir
10-07-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't much like the Pit either, but please don't change it. The quest is well designed, and a challenge unlike any other in the game.

It's just fine as-is.

Angelus_dead
10-07-2009, 12:59 AM
What the Pit needs is a bit more in the way of guideance, especially as to how to locate the next section. There are really just 2 ways to get to your next destination:
1. Follow someone who already knows.
2. Run around in a random direction until you arrive at where you should be.

For example, there should be something like either a map or a guide near the entrance, who tells you something about the location of each kind of room. Even simply telling if it is high or low would be a start.

Uska
10-07-2009, 01:01 AM
What the Pit needs is a bit more in the way of guideance, especially as to how to locate the next section. There are really just 2 ways to get to your next destination:

For example, there should be something like either a map or a guide near the entrance, who tells you something about the location of each kind of room. Even simply telling if it is high or low would be a start.

As someone who loves/hates the pit I agree and I would give you a +1 but its to soon:(

MissErres
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Tip: If you go down to a room you will go up for the next one. (and vice versa)

The main reason people don't like the Pit is because it is hard to find where you're supposed to be next. Once learned, it's much funz. :D

valorik
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM
I love the mario parts :(

rherton
10-07-2009, 01:05 AM
I've only done the Pit once on normal but I had a great time especially with the jumping parts actually!

Uska
Tip: If you go down to a room you will go up for the next one. (and vice versa)

The main reason people don't like the Pit is because it is hard to find where you're supposed to be next. Once learned, it's much funz. :D

Oooh noone ever told me that and I never noticed so +1 for you missy.

Arnya

3. Stand in a shaft and look around yourself. The next place to go has yellow lights at the entrance. If you can't see yellow lights, try the other shaft.

Angelus_dead
10-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Yes, that's a problem seen in many DDO quests:
If you're new it's too hard to find your way around, but if you're experienced it's almost too easy.

Other quests like this include Inferno of the Damned and Wizard-king. In all those, optional hints could be inserted to help equalize the experience for both new and old players. The hints would not be in the "main path" of the quest, so to preserve a bonus for being very skilled; instead, they'd be indications that you had strayed off the course.

For example, suppose there was an NPC standing inside the entrance to the Pit, and you could ask him for advice on how to reach your next objective. To go back there to ask him would take time, so it would be inefficient to do so... but it provides a fallback for groups who are really lost. Knowledgeable players would totally ignore him.

Thailand_Dan
10-07-2009, 01:12 AM
The Pit is a great quest. Unbelievable XP and Favor for level, a rare drop (nice, but not a must have), tons of shrines...what more do you want?

If you have problems finding your way: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1467741&postcount=126

Thank Lost Leader.

MissErres
10-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Oooh noone ever told me that and I never noticed so +1 for you missy.

Thankee Uska. :)

Yes, that's a problem seen in many DDO quests:
If you're new it's too hard to find your way around, but if you're experienced it's almost too easy.

Other quests like this include Inferno of the Damned and Wizard-king. In all those, optional hints could be inserted to help equalize the experience for both new and old players. The hints would not be in the "main path" of the quest, so to preserve a bonus for being very skilled; instead, they'd be indications that you had strayed off the course.

For example, suppose there was an NPC standing inside the entrance to the Pit, and you could ask him for advice on how to reach your next objective. To go back there to ask him would take time, so it would be inefficient to do so... but it provides a fallback for groups who are really lost. Knowledgeable players would totally ignore him.

Good idea A_D, would greatly help the learning curve.

Angelus_dead
10-07-2009, 01:18 AM
3. Stand in a shaft and look around yourself. The next place to go has yellow lights at the entrance. If you can't see yellow lights, try the other shaft.
Yeah, that was covered as part of "Run in a random direction until reaching the destination". Once you can see it, you're there. The Pit's shafts don't allow enough visibility for looking at lights to be truly helpful for navigation.

For example, I just stepped into the Pit and haven't done a room yet. Shaft 1: Only red lights visible. Shaft 2: Only red. I go and do the first room, then look again. Shaft 2: All other visible lights are red. Shaft 1: All red.

By the time I get line of sight on the lights, the that travel problem is over.

Arnya
10-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah, that was covered as part of "Run in a random direction until reaching the destination". Once you can see it, you're there. The Pit's shafts don't allow enough visibility for looking at lights to be truly helpful for navigation.

For example, I just stepped into the Pit and haven't done a room yet. Shaft 1: Only red lights visible. Shaft 2: Only red. I go and do the first room, then look again. Shaft 2: All other visible lights are red. Shaft 1: All red.

By the time I get line of sight on the lights, the that travel problem is over.

I love the pit, but I have no idea where all the rooms are, bar the furnaces.

I can still manage to complete in 20mins solo using my method.

Sure there's a little bit of running - but it's always up and when you get to the middle part where you can change shafts, pretty much any entrance is in line of sight from that area.

Personally, I'd prefer little lights than a big sign saying 'Noobs go this way' :)

Mazeratti
10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I must admit The Pit was one of my least favourite quests in the the game, right there alongside Taming the Flames and Prove Your Worth and Ill be honest, simply coz I sucked in those.

However, lately I have been shown how easy breezy the quests Ive learned to hate can be, not to mention fun while being challenging.

Come and run a Pit Run with us and my leader will do his Guided Tour of the Pit, you will be cracking up so much with laughter you will grow to love the Pit.

sirgog
10-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah you would think after cole chamber that people could go accross the bridge in bastion and ToD without falling off. Especially when warned in advance not to fall ...:eek:

I admit it - I fell in Bastion :(

And in a place noone would expect you to fall. At least I was able to solo back to the group.

Borror0
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I love the Mario part on the Pit.

I could really use from a better map though. Well, like a lot of quests in DDO.

Tarackian
10-07-2009, 08:58 AM
negative....I love this quest...of course i like coal chamber to :-). I don't have mario skills but I love the 3 dimensions of this quest (as well as coal chamber).

Out of all the quest in the game the worst ever I think is the pit, if only for the part where you have to jump up all those darn pipes to get to the top.

If anyone at Turbine reads this, is there any plans on a remodeling or redesigning this quest? If not can it please be done.....pretty please.....pretty please with a dragon shard on top?

Visty
10-07-2009, 09:02 AM
the best quest in game and you want it removed?

shame on you

KoboldKiller
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Reserved for future sarcastic remark after I wake up a bit.

falcon2030
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Has anyone tried reading the restart guie given by the quest giver ? Just sayin... :)

Rowanheal
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Best thing about DDO? There are plenty of quests to do...

Walk away from it if you don't like it and try something else...come back to it another day... or never again.

I personally despised the pit for 2 years, then Xilo made videos on how to run it... now I run groups through there.

Ummm ok, so I DON'T do puzzles, I don't twitch play, and I am not into complicated riddles, but once I understood this one, it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Seriously, there are over 220 plus quests in this game. Do like I do, either skip em, or find someone who knows it really really well.

Let the Devs work on debugging new content and creating a way for me to dye all my armor Pink :D

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

TrenchcoatJesus
10-07-2009, 09:24 AM
If only there was some kind of advanced warning that new players had before entering a quest like this that it was REALLY TOUGH.

Oh wait, there is.

What was your complaint again?

-TcJ

P.S. Pit, Crucible, Ghost of a Chance... if you've played D&D and don't like these quests, you've never played a good game of D&D. If you haven't played D&D and you don't like these quests, then you don't appreciate a challenge. Fortunately you can get all the way to 20 without ever stepping into any of these quests, so if challenges anger you.. avoid them?

arminius
10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I must admit The Pit was one of my least favourite quests in the the game, right there alongside Taming the Flames and Prove Your Worth and Ill be honest, simply coz I sucked in those.

However, lately I have been shown how easy breezy the quests Ive learned to hate can be, not to mention fun while being challenging.

Come and run a Pit Run with us and my leader will do his Guided Tour of the Pit, you will be cracking up so much with laughter you will grow to love the Pit.

My hate for Prove Your Worth > My mild annoyance with The Pit.

_

Thrudh
10-07-2009, 09:40 AM

This is a good idea... especially the generic high/low suggestion...

However, it's not that hard to spend 15 minutes mapping out where each room is (nothing to fight outside the rooms, easy enough to run around and make notes how to get to each room).

I did this long ago, and have led many Pit runs since then... Sometimes I think it's good to require a little initiative from the players...

rimble
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Clankenbeard and Lessah's Pit map (http://images.quickblogcast.com/82681-72328/ThePit.jpg) is invaluable for me when I run that quest.

So basically in my head I just look where I'm at, then where I need to go, and the directions are simple in my head:

"Up" which means just keep spiraling up.
"Up and over" which means go up and cross over at Level 4.

And similarly for going down. If you can't do the Mario style jumping stuff then I guess just avoid the quest or bring someone who can.

RTN
10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't much like the Pit either, but please don't change it. The quest is well designed, and a challenge unlike any other in the game.

It's just fine as-is.

I agree with Memnir. I don't particularly enjoy the quest, but it is well designed. It provides variety to quest types. Any MMO needs some variety in quest types and this is a great example of it. If most quests were like this, it would get old fast, but some people love the format and it breaks up the monotony of the more standard quest designs. Thumbs up to the Devs for quest diversity! :D

My question for the Devs is did this help them hit their diversity targets? If not, did HR come down on you?

Cedwin
10-07-2009, 09:53 AM

I ran Taming the Flames elite last night with a full party on my monk who happens to have crazy reflex saves, he was saving against fireballs, elemental damage, traps, etc.

It's fun to be the last one standing killing the barrage of mephits and elementals. :D After I got all the stones back to the shrine and everyone res'd.. "How's that last room looking?", "oh I killed everything"

EddieB_TBC
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh I would be one of the people that hate running the pit, but then I love the exp it gives. I don't think it should be changed though because as annoying as it is there are people that know it very well which suggests to me that it really is just a matter of practice/experience. They have already dumbed down so much of the lower level content that I think it would be a shame to start whittling away at the mid level stuff too. :(

Oh and I agree whole heartedly with the comparison to coal chamber... you aint seen nothing yet in the way of annoying quests to run. :D

KoboldKiller
10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
I hate the Maze in the Crucible. Please remove the maze so I may just run straight to my objective please. I hate having to solve things. Oh and for that matter all puzzles in the game should be removed. I want nothing but running in a straight line and killing things.

ahpook
10-07-2009, 10:05 AM
the pit is great as it is. Those who like it like it a lot. No need for changes.

It would be easier to simply add some hints to the manual that the quest giver provides you. As it is, the manual has little value as it tells you what order to do stuff in and not to kill the elementals. All stuff that seems to be enforced by quest mechanics. Throw in some info/clues about locations of places and you also make it more purposeful and a single portable source of info

Missing_Minds
10-07-2009, 10:07 AM
The only thing I HATE about the pit is the map they decided to use. worthless.

Beyond this, I see no need to change. I'm already annoyed by the change they did in the lightning room as is.

Cyr
10-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Sure redo the pit as an EPIC dungeon that would be fun. As for just easy moding it pass.

Thriand
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
The pit is by far my favorite quest in this game and I wouldn't want to see it changed at all. Actually I would love to see more pit type quests added to the game.

Kasen_Darksword
10-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Once you solo the pit once and learn where to go then you will be sure to visit many times on each new character you make. Its by far one of the best xp quests at the level.

Taluron
10-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Actually, the Pit is one of favourite quests in the game. The furnaces are actually the best part!

Puzzle Solving
Mazes
Fantastic Terrain
Traps
Whats not to like?

That the mor..., er, ah, person who setup the restart sequence has the security systems activated BEFORE you're BLANKETY-BLANK finished.
The noise and constant "-10hp" is more annoying than the rest of the quest combined.

Other than that I have no real complaint.

Hendrik
10-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Has anyone tried reading the restart guie given by the quest giver ? Just sayin... :)

Asking people to read is asking to much...

DagazUlf
10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I have to highly disagree with the OP. The Pit is far and away one of the best quests in the game and I love playing guide as guildies level up new characters and want to tackle that quest.

Phidius
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Once you solo the pit once and learn where to go then you will be sure to visit many times on each new character you make. Its by far one of the best xp quests at the level.

And see what the lowest level toon you can solo it with on Normal/Hard/Elite.

Yeah, please leave the Pit alone. I've been thinking about making a 3-D model of it...

shadowlord3
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I like the Pit and was glad to see that it had not changed with the recent mod9/patches. The fact that it can be soloed, no bugs reported, is challenging for its level, has great xp/favor... I hope it stays as is and no changes are made.

Anton27
10-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow, I didn't think there would be that many responses to this post lol.

Its nice to see opinions on both sides of the discussion and I have to admit I didn't realize there was so many that enjoyed the quest as I keep hearing in game how many hate it and don't want to run it.

Personally I don't enjoy the jumping up the pipes and that pipe area has allot of open space, just seems like something more could be done in that area. Maybe something like an earth quake caused a bit of a cave in and there is a pile of rocks up to the top, leaving only on person who need do all the jumping and valve turning.

I have finished the quest a twice once on my cleric and the other time on my ranger but more times then not the party breaks up and doesn't stick together once they fall to there untimely deaths, lol.

As for the puzzles in the game, I enjoy that part as well as the rest of the quest. How ever I find the Pitt as pretty much the one no one wants to do.

Thanks for all you views, I wasn't sure how many people still did this quest.

Kintro
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Please don't break another of my favourite quests :(

The only change I'd like to see is stopping the Oozes respawning in the room with the floor puzzles so it's more Rogue friendly.

Lerincho
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
don't like it, don't run it. this is one of my top 3 favorite quests. Coalescence Chamber, Pit, and Twilight Forge are some of the best quests of all.

Hafeal
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
don't like it, don't run it. this is one of my top 3 favorite quests. Coalescence Chamber, Pit, and Twilight Forge are some of the best quests of all.

If you had left CC out for me ... I'm with you! :p

Gleipner
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
This hits the top 3 of my favorite quests so don´t change it.

At that lvl it´s the best and quickest way to get exp. i mean 13k exp norm and much more on elite.

Hard, fun and a challange unlike so much else in the game.

1: Crucible
2: The Pit
3: C-chamber

Kintro
10-07-2009, 11:49 AM

At that lvl it´s the best and quickest way to get exp. i mean 13k exp norm and much more on elite.

Prey was my number 1 briefly before they moved the shrine, now it's back to The Pit.

cdbd3rd
10-07-2009, 11:51 AM
So you dont' like the quest. More then likely had a hard time completing it. Your solution is to have the devs change it?

OP: Is there any merit to why there should be changes? IE it is bugged. Un completable by anyone. The latest patch broke the quest. Anything like that?

Or is is simply you dont' like it?

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/wellumm.gif

Do the rest of us get to guess at the answers?

:)

Baervan
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I find that the Pit is a fun and unique quest that has aged well compared to some other ones. The only real problem I have with it is the horrible way that the existing map system works with it.

cdbd3rd
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Has anyone tried reading the restart guide given by the quest giver ? Just sayin... :)

Read?

Read?!?

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/rofl.gif

Phidius
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM

With the recent bump to the Optionals XP, it's far more than 13K...

Thrudh
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
If you had left CC out for me ... I'm with you! :p

I would love CC, if you didn't have to run up the same shaft twice...

other than that, I think its a very cool quest...

Hafeal
10-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I would love CC, if you didn't have to run up the same shaft twice...

other than that, I think its a very cool quest...

I agree ... it is the 2nd run that kills the quest for me. Kinda like Tomb of the Tormented ... 1st maze, cool. 2nd maze, uh, yeah fine. 3rd maze - please gouge my eyeballs out.

Taluron
10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I agree ... it is the 2nd run that kills the quest for me. Kinda like Tomb of the Tormented ... 1st maze, cool. 2nd maze, uh, yeah fine. 3rd maze - please gouge my eyeballs out.

Heh, Tormented is not talking about those in the tomb - it refers to those running the quest.

Hafeal
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Heh, Tormented is not talking about those in the tomb - it refers to those running the quest.

LOL. Often thought so myself ... I run this puppy only on elite for favor when needed.

BronwynnBane
10-07-2009, 04:32 PM
The maps that Alex Haddox has includes a 3-D Map of the Pit. I love that map and if anyone has trouble getting lost in it that map is an essential. I love his maps website and would recommend it for all new players. On my cell typing this so can somone throw the link in this thread for all the new players if you have it?

spifflove
10-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Please do not nerf any more quests. Please make more quests like the pit. Please restore STK. You do not need to do all quests in the game to get 32 point or fs favor.

Memnir
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
The maps that Alex Haddox has includes a 3-D Map of the Pit. I love that map and if anyone has trouble getting lost in it that map is an essential. I love his maps website and would recommend it for all new players. On my cell typing this so can somone throw the link in this thread for all the new players if you have it?Alex's maps are quite nice. l . i . n . k (http://www.alexhaddox.com/ddo/)

Map of The Pit:
http://www.alexhaddox.com/ddo/maps/thepit.jpg

Phidius
10-07-2009, 04:45 PM

That's almost an exact quote from the very first time I ran that quest.

Strakeln
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM

No!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with the pit. The only thing lacking here is your playskill. Improve it or have one of us who has already done so drag you through the quest.

Don't take away my fun because you're not skilled enough.

Wizzly_Bear
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM

All 3 furnaces can be soloed, and I still count figuring out how to solo it as one of my favourite acheivements in the game.

qft

down with the op's suggestion. i love the pit.
/fondles the pit's pipes

Mockduck
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Alex's maps are quite nice. l . i . n . k (http://www.alexhaddox.com/ddo/)

Map of The Pit:
http://www.alexhaddox.com/ddo/maps/thepit.jpg

Just a note that that particular map was Lessah and Clankenbeard's work. Alex has done tons of other maps though.

BronwynnBane
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Thank you for posting it for everyone. Sorry I did not know who originally had done it, just knew where I always go for my maps. But props to both of them on an awesome job with the Pit map. well done!

Alex, awesome job of getting all the maps out there in one place. I give your site to all new players who ask me for assistance.

Sorry to derail the thread but was hoping this map might set the OP on the right course instead of calling for a re-do even though it doesn't help with the pipes. :D

Timjc86
10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Please don't change the Pit, it's one of the most fun quests in the game as is.

AussieEngineer
10-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Haven't read all the other posts, just wanted to add my voice for:

I LOVE THE PIT!!

As stated earlier, I loved discovering how to solo the pit (courtesy of these forums :)). It is a challenge, and a well designed quest.

Go the mario skills!

darthuvius
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes the pit is the best quest in the game, the reaver's fate is second best. If there were more quests like the pit and reaver's fate I would definitely play this game again. Coalesence chamber is nothing like the pit! That is a horrible quest, with no puzzles at all.

KKDragonLord
10-16-2009, 08:48 PM
The Pit is an Awesome designed quest, i absolutely love it, and i wished there were more quests like that, (not too many, just a few at each couple of levels) it takes too long, hell yeah, but its simply amazing design.

Uska
10-16-2009, 09:16 PM
The pit is fine now proof is in the poison on the other hand

MagicianBlade
10-17-2009, 08:10 PM

coal chamber is stupidly simple. To keep your eyes from bugging out, zoom all the way in to First-Person-View, then Alt-Z the interface off. This may be a lot easier for those of us with First Person Shooter experience like crazy, which is definitely me.. but, it definitely keeps the eyes from bugging out. By the time you get to a level to do CC, you're at a point where you've probably got between 10 and 15 or so hot bars taking up half your screen, which certainly detracts from the ability to see things. (Also, if you don't have a widescreen monitor, I can see this area being terrible too)

BTW, was that entire area built by heavy metal fans? Quest names (and monster names in Ataraxia) are a little metal-ish .. lol

TheJusticar
10-18-2009, 09:55 AM

I agree. I think The Pit is a great quest. It requires twitch skills but also requires coordnated team work. It's a good mix, IMO. It can be frustrating and right out irritating if it's a new group and they don't know the quest very well. But all it's required is one player that knows the quest well, people who listen and don't play for the heroics and that quest can be a breeze.

The only one thing that I honestly wish they implemented (and this is since 2+ years ago) is to color code your groupmates to be able to see whether they are above or below you. For instance: Blue dots (normal/same level), yellow(above you), green (below you). This would make it much easier for people who tend to get lost in this kind of tridimensional quests.

Godspeed.

Clankenbeard
10-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry I did not know who originally had done it, just knew where I always go for my maps. But props to both of them on an awesome job with the Pit map. well done!
Thank you very much for the map praise! We, um, actually put our names in the map right there underneath the part that says "The Pit". This was really just in case I bricked something (like I did on the first revision). Then somebody could get hold of us and tell us what retards we are until we fix it. (This happened. :D) For the record, Clanky tolerates The Pit. Lessah wants to marry it and have its babies.

For you Pit lovers out there, don't forget the original Clankenbeard's Masterwork Theater poem The Pit & The Pendulum (http://www.wanderingmonster.com/Lessah/Masterwork Theatre 1.mp3). It's like 5 minutes of "The Pit"ty goodness that rhymes (mostly). God, I love having all these new people around to subject to my various stupid products.

Phidius
10-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much for the map praise! We, um, actually put our names in the map right there underneath the part that says "The Pit". This was really just in case I bricked something (like I did on the first revision). Then somebody could get hold of us and tell us what retards we are until we fix it. (This happened. :D) For the record, Clanky tolerates The Pit. Lessah wants to marry it and have its babies.

For you Pit lovers out there, don't forget the original Clankenbeard's Masterwork Theater poem The Pit & The Pendulum (http://www.wanderingmonster.com/Lessah/Masterwork Theatre 1.mp3). It's like 5 minutes of "The Pit"ty goodness that rhymes (mostly). God, I love having all these new people around to subject to my various stupid products.

Thanks for the mp3 link... it's been a while, and I had forgotten all about it.

Pure awesomeness...

Borror0
10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
The Pit is, IMO, a good candidate for the next quests to be given an "Epic" difficulty setting.

Kintro
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
The Pit is, IMO, a good candidate for the next quests to be given an "Epic" difficulty setting.

Screaming/Greater Ooze Bane Epic Muckdooms for all :D

Draccus
10-21-2009, 08:47 AM
This is one of my favorite quests in the game. Don't change a thing!!

Aerendil
10-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Furnace 3 is soloable?! I've always used 2 people - one to operate the levers, and the other to play Superman.
Hmmm... I'm going to have to wander through there sometime soon and give soloing it a shot :)

*edit* - my only gripe with the Pit is that it REQUIRES you to have a feather falling item. There are a few areas where it's literally certain death without one (including furnace 3). Other than that, I love the quest :)

rpasell
10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
If you look up and down each column, you'll see which doors are still sealed, so as you progress you can sort of tell where you still need to go. 3 of the rooms are in the same place (furnaces) which are really easy to find. You can also make a mental note as you're running by sealed rooms as the placard on the wall tells you which room it is.

Arlith
10-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't mess with the pit.

I swear, two more mods and the win button will be a reality. Sigh.

Zuldar
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
The Pit's one of my favorite quests, I'll run it 8 or 9 times per character.

Zenako
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Furnace 3 is soloable?! I've always used 2 people - one to operate the levers, and the other to play Superman.
Hmmm... I'm going to have to wander through there sometime soon and give soloing it a shot :)

*edit* - my only gripe with the Pit is that it REQUIRES you to have a feather falling item. There are a few areas where it's literally certain death without one (including furnace 3). Other than that, I love the quest :)

The pit is Soloable. The only "hard part" is Furnace 3. The trick is to flip the valves and be able to move onto the gas jets quick enough to get the boost to hit the target you need to go to. It takes tight timing, and you will likely miss a number of times. Since my Mario skills are less than uber, I got tired of the failing the last jump with bad timing and brought in the cheapest Hireling I could to flip the valve while I prepositioned myself for the last jump. Done.

Denethen_Longstaff
10-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Sure redo the pit as an EPIC dungeon that would be fun. As for just easy moding it pass.

Epic Pit would be awesome!

Lessah
10-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Its all true.... THE PIT.. is my very best friend!

KoboldKiller
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Yes, but your a sadist. :D

Ghirmeshk
10-28-2009, 11:19 AM

I love this quest. I also. love running it with friends (such as the quotee). We do it regularly in PD. Just chimin' in w/ some pit love.

DagazUlf
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
It really is one of the best quests in the game.

karnokvolrath
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes, but your a sadist. :D

Oh snap, epic pwnage +1

EAB
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM

Some of us are actaully good at playing the game and like a challange. Yes, it's meant to be a difficult quest. Just don't play the quest or go back to playing WOW. Better yet login to www.freerealms.com as this appears to be more your speed.