PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf TWF Dwarven Axe Fighter

Sir_Chonas
10-06-2009, 10:26 AM
This is what I'm going to be on every server, but I don't know how to effectively utilize the character planner, so I turn to the forums.

What attributes/feats/skills should I use points in? Should I add in any multi-classes, I will not do rogue. I have to have a majority of my levels be in fighter because I feel like I'm not being true to the dwarven race using non dwarven weapons and being anything but a brawling monster.

Side note, do drow make good clerics or just good casters, rogues, and bards?

ReaperAlexEU
10-06-2009, 10:51 AM
there is one slight problem to overcome, needing base 17 dex (stating + lvl up + tome only, no items or enhancements) for greater two weapon fighting. then needing max str to hit with and do dmg with your dorf axes which will need those level up points.

the easy solution to that is to go ranger there you don't need the dex for the twf line, its all free! the other option is to plan with tomes in mind.

this sort of trick is easier with 32 point builds where you have more spare to pump dex up. even then i think non-ranger twf str based builds tend to plan on a +2 or +3 tome.

so, for the easy life how does your dorf sound as a ranger? as a ranger he'll get tempest with 10% attack speed to twf at lvl6 (fighter has to wait till lvl20!). he will miss out on the fighter bonus feats but thats offset with favoured enemies.

for the ranger route lvl11 will get you the normal twf line with only a min dex of 13 needed for dodge.
lvl12 will get you tempest II with an AC bonus and the twf penalty reduced by 1
lvl18 ranger gets you tempest III with an extra attack, more AC bonus and another reduction in twf penalty

if you look at those and the spells then you can see if you fancy mixing in fighter instead of going full ranger.

there are other bonuses rangers get like the ranged attack speed at lvl20, but those are the ones focusing on twf.

tihocan
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Suggestion:
Str 16
Dex 16
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

For some more min/maxing, drop Wis to 8 and bump Con to 17.
Get a +1 dex tome by L5 to get Improved TWF at L6. Can also spend one level up point here if you really can't afford the tome.
All level up points go into Str.
Stay pure fighter to take advantage of the fighter's capstone.
Aim towards the Kensai line of enhancements.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Suggestion:
Str 16
Dex 16
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

For some more min/maxing, drop Wis to 8 and bump Con to 17.
Get a +1 dex tome by L5 to get Improved TWF at L6. Can also spend one level up point here if you really can't afford the tome.
All level up points go into Str.
Stay pure fighter to take advantage of the fighter's capstone.
Aim towards the Kensai line of enhancements.

That is solid advice and will make you a happpy dwarven slicer dicer. I have the barbarian version of this and started with similar stats, its fun to play.

On the drow question, they are good for anything that uses int or chr or dex as a primary stat. Clerics have a minor use of chr but the primary stat is WIS. Taking 2 points of con away from a cleric also sucks a bit. I wouldn't go that way. For clerics your best bets are human, dwarf, or halfling. Each of those comes with unique benefits that work well with clerics.

Sir_Chonas
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
1. Must be a Fighter. . . perhaps I wasn't clear enough on this.
2. It's easy enough to get Str and Dex, I currently have Lvl 8 Fighter, 1 Barbarian w/ 17 dex and good str. Should I dump the rest into Con for my next one or go for 13 INT which supposedly unlocks some great battle feats?
3. Can I get a level by level breakdown of what skills and feats to get assuming lvl 20 pure fighter with as many dps as possible given dwarven axes, kensai, twf, 17 dex. 2nd in importance to DPs is survivability without healing. In other words I will not take 2 levels of ranger for wands or levels in any way to heal myself. . . Survivability will be based on hp and defense, not evasion. I never ever solo because I'm a social butterfly and it's much easier for everyone in game to join a party than run anything on elite solo.

I'm trying to make a realistic dwarven BA (swearwords). Keep in mind, these constraints

Dwarf
Pure -Whirlwind- Fighter
TWF -no shield or greataxe ever ever ever ever ever ever ever-(these 3 are key)
DPS
Ability to take/deflect damage/spells long enough to get healed
Kensai

These are all in order of importance.

tihocan
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM
1. Must be a Fighter. . . perhaps I wasn't clear enough on this.
2. It's easy enough to get Str and Dex, I currently have Lvl 8 Fighter, 1 Barbarian w/ 17 dex and good str. Should I dump the rest into Con for my next one or go for 13 INT which supposedly unlocks some great battle feats?
3. Can I get a level by level breakdown of what skills and feats to get assuming lvl 20 pure fighter with as many dps as possible given dwarven axes, kensai, twf, 17 dex. 2nd in importance to DPs is survivability without healing. In other words I will not take 2 levels of ranger for wands or levels in any way to heal myself. . . Survivability will be based on hp and defense, not evasion. I never ever solo because I'm a social butterfly and it's much easier for everyone in game to join a party than run anything on elite solo.

I'm trying to make a realistic dwarven BA (swearwords). Keep in mind, these constraints

Dwarf
Pure -Whirlwind- Fighter
TWF -no shield or greataxe ever ever ever ever ever ever ever-(these 3 are key)
DPS
Ability to take/deflect damage/spells long enough to get healed
Kensai

These are all in order of importance.
The build I posted above should fulfill your needs. It's a bit tricky to aim at 13 Int on a 28 pt build, best way to do it would be to start at 11 (take wis down to 8, and Con down to 15), and wait till you get a +2 Int tome to respec into Combat Expertise. The main reason to get CE is because you can then get Improved Trip, which is a very useful feat for trash mob. If that suits your playstyle, it's worth considering. If you're not going to use Improved Trip much, then forget about it.

Skill-wise, max out intimidate. Handy to gather trash stuff instead of running around.

Feat-wise, you're a fighter, I'm not going to give you a full path, there are too many feats and ways for you to customize it. The important suff would be:
L1 TWF, Toughness
Somewhere between 1 and 6: Power Attack
L6 ITWF
L8 Improved Crit: Slash
L12: GTWF

Besides that, look at the Kensai line prereqs, and pick these required feats.
Other potentially useful feats:
- Combat Expertise + Improved Trip
- Stunning Blow
- Oversized TWF

Sir_Chonas
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Here's what I got by just going through the planner and picking what I thought seemed right (though it wouldn't let me pick the kensai dwarven axe mastery III

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.10
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Chonas Crossbearer
Level 20 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male
(20 Fighter)
Hit Points: 404
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 9
Will: 5

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Strength 16 19 22
Dexterity 16 17 17
Constitution 16 17 19
Intelligence 10 13 13
Wisdom 8 8 8
Charisma 6 6 6

Tomes Used
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7

Base Skills Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Balance 5 13 17
Bluff -2 -1 2
Concentration 3 4 4
Diplomacy -2 0 0
Disable Device n/a n/a n/a
Haggle -2 0 0
Heal -1 1 1
Hide 3 3 3
Intimidate 1 11 11
Jump 3 12 12
Listen -1 0 0
Move Silently 3 3 3
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 1 1
Search 0 1 3
Spot -1 0 0
Swim 3 7 7
Tumble n/a n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a n/a

Notable Equipment
Khopesh: +5 Khopesh
Khopesh: +5 Khopesh

Level 1 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+2)
Skill: Intimidate (+3)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Automatic) Attack
Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
Feat: (Automatic) Dwarven Stability
Feat: (Automatic) Dwarven Stonecutting
Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Dwarven Waraxe
Feat: (Automatic) Giant Evasion
Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Orc and Goblin Bonus
Feat: (Automatic) Poison Save Bonus
Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
Feat: (Automatic) Spell Save Bonus
Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
Feat: (Automatic) Tower Shield Proficiency
Feat: (Automatic) Trip
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Damage I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I

Level 2 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+0.5)
Skill: Intimidate (+1)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I

Level 3 (Fighter)
Skill: Jump (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I

Level 4 (Fighter)
Ability Raise: DEX
Skill: Balance (+1)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Critical
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I

Level 5 (Fighter)
Skill: Bluff (+1)
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II

Level 6 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense I
Enhancement: Kensei Dwarven Waraxe Mastery I
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II

Level 7 (Fighter)
Skill: Intimidate (+2)
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Damage II

Level 8 (Fighter)
Ability Raise: STR
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III

Level 9 (Fighter)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Swim (+1)
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy III

Level 10 (Fighter)
Skill: Haggle (+0.5)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Dodge
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack II

Level 11 (Fighter)
Skill: Haggle (+1.5)
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution II

Level 12 (Fighter)
Skill: Diplomacy (+0.5)
Skill: Spot (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
Enhancement: Fighter Dwarven Waraxe Specialization I

Level 13 (Fighter)
Skill: Diplomacy (+0.5)
Skill: Listen (+1)
Enhancement: Kensei Dwarven Waraxe Mastery II
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy IV
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II

Level 14 (Fighter)
Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Mobility
Enhancement: Racial Toughness III

Level 16 (Fighter)
Skill: Jump (+2)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Spring Attack
Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV

Level 17 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+1.5)
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense II
Enhancement: Fighter Dwarven Waraxe Specialization II

Level 18 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+1.5)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Selected) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei III

Level 19 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Fighter Strength III

Level 20 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Whirlwind Attack
Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense III

Sooo any advice about what to take where instead of what I did to fill my constraints would be much appreciated. . . and I'll be unlocking the 32 point build fairly soon on all the servers (see my "the favor grind" post in this forum), but this is a 28. Again, keep in mind it wouldn't let me take kensai wep specialization III or pick his weapons as dwarven axes, but it's close to what I see myself making. (also, forget the +3 from tomes of int early on since I don't do any int required feats until about lvl 13).

tihocan
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Again, keep in mind it wouldn't let me take kensai wep specialization III
Then you will need to revise your progression to meet the prereqs for Kensai III. You'll want it!

Sir_Chonas
10-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I had all the prereqs met, you can see it in the progression I put in the planner. It just wouldn't recognize that I took superior weapon focus: slashing. I can clearly take out several of the feats and enhancements that I put in as filler (such as dodge:feat and spell defense: enhancements). . . the planner just hates dwarven axe users. . . I think it's racist.

Also, is 404 hp low, or is it just because the proposed char has no gear?

ReaperAlexEU
10-07-2009, 07:12 AM
good post, its a lot easier to work with a build. so, lets get tweaking to get your double 'ard dorf streamlined :)

p.s. sorry for the waffle!

quick tweak
one optimisation jumps out, get imp crit slashing at lvl8, its one of the best feats any melee can get! push greater wep foc back to 9th lvl and the toughness to lvl18. you'll double the number of crits you get, and with a *3 dorf axe those crits will hurt. that will make more of a difference than +1 to hit.

juicy feats you missed
your missing power attack and stun. power attack is another must have, you can easily afford the attack penalty in the end game and it will be on most of the time as you level. stun is also one of the best bits of CC you get as a stunned mob gives you auto-crits, which your *3 crit dorf axe will milk very well :). both fighters and dorfs can get a bonus to combat feats from enhancements, kensai also adds to it, which will make them land more often than not. at the moment your short a lot of action points to boost stun up, but its well worth dropping a toughness for power attack (or see whirlwind comments later). for stun you'd have to shave off some top end enhancements that are very expensive for less reward. eg shave some hit points off from the max toughness enhancements. or loose some saving throws from dorf spell resistance.

is 400 hp enough?
when it comes to hit points you can add on a +6 con item, 45 from a green steel crafted item, 30 from a greater false life item. thats 135 hp from gear. depending on how much space you have there could also be another 20 hp from minos helm, an item you will certainly get before you start crafting green steel items as it has heavy fort, a must for any melee. also there is another 20hp from the rage spell which is often used on raids. the green steel item can have heavy fort (and +5 AC) on too, and can replace mino's helm if your tight on slots. also if your into raiding there is the madstone range with will boost your str and con too. you gonna want about 450-500 hp before buffs, more is of course better, as long as your not missing out on some good stuff to get it.

why whirlwind?
whirlwind and cleave are not the feats they were in DnD. cleave is now a mini whirlwind and greater cleave is 3/4 of a full whirlwind. that makes the pre-req's on whirlwind seldom worth it unless your after a flavour build. you mentioned wanting a whirlwind fighter, is that to be a monster killer or because you want it for flavour? i don't know if the new combat speed changes have affected whirlwind and cleave, but previously they would drop the dps of a twf build due to their lengthy animation chain. thats not to mean its a redundant feat, its situational useful, but not one to spam during normal combat. my fighter has great cleave and i use it with a paralyser to do a bit of CC. its also good to jump into a pack of mobs surrounding a squishy and grab the aggro (intim is better, but not all mobs respond to it). however i'd not want to put the extra resources into getting whirlwind for that functionality, well not unless i was making a char for style rather than function. also a +3 int tome is something you might get from about lvl16 when you start doing the shroud, every 20 raids you get a chance of +3 tomes. a +2 tome however is part of the 1750 reward, which normally goes in STR but if your aiming for combat expertise then you can tweak and start with 11 INT and bank on the +2 tome.

i think its worth reviewing the whole combat expertise line and look at swapping it for power attack and greater cleave. as you mentioned your close to unlocking 32 point builds, maybe use that for a combat expertise build?

bugged builder export?
the STR isnt adding up on that build:
16 base + 4 level's + 3 enhancements = 23.
not sure why its listed as 22, i think its mis-calculated the level ups. but it means you'll want to even it out again.

also try running the enhancements with the battle axe to make sure you can get that kensai mastery III (mmm, even moar crits!). the builder may indeed be bugged out with dorf axes so its worth trying a different weapon. it will help you to have mastery III on the build so you know how many action points you have.

skills
the skills need to be more focused. intimidate is a great skill, but you have to max it out and get an item for it to be reliable. with that in mind drop the scattered points you put in: bluff, heal, swim, haggle, diplo, spot, listen
make sure intimi gets full points every level then split the rest between jump and balance.

bluff lets you get sneak attacks in, no rogue means no sneak attacks
heal gives back a few more hit points at a shrine and a better chance to raise an incapacitated player, not worth loosing intimi for as that incap player could have been saved with getting the aggro onto you instead.
swim still isnt a useful skill (we got one quest that it might have been good for, but evasion/tons of hp is better) and your natural str will help with it any way. swim makes you go faster, high con makes your breath last longer, underwater action items make it all redundant.
haggle wont make any difference with a few points, better to find a +10 item and swap to that for selling and buying then spend skill points on it
diplo is the opposite of intimidate and makes the monsters hit your party instead. good for rogues and squishies, bad for tanks
spot is always nice, but your stretched for points.
listen is less useful than spot

jump and balance are both good on melee's, and max points is not a must to make them effective as swapping items about can plug the gap.

summary
so, to review. think about combat expertise and whirlwind, there are cheaper options. focus those skills more. look at saving some action points and getting combat feat bonuses instead. make sure kensai mastery III fits in by using another weapon instead. do a sanity check on the STR, it seems to be a bit bugged.

oh, you can plan for +6 stat items on your important area's

Sir_Chonas
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks very much, I've copied and saved your dialogue along with the build to my desktop so I can hopefully redo my fighter a little better. The whirlwind fighter was just the class I chose because it comes with a preprogrammed 16 dex or something and makes the twf path much easier to follow. I'll probably wait for the 32 point unlock before I start making my keeper characters on any server (a ways to go, but I'm a planner and I'd like to have my attributes locked before running around like a chicken with my head cut off and respeccing and reassigning every 3 days like i have been on my current).

What I really wish is someone had posted a build like this earlier so it could be more finely tuned, but I guess most people care about output rather than story so taking a dwarven ranger doesn't bother them. I however like my dwarves like the ones in The Hobbit and LOTR or any fantasy work with lots of dp and a gruff little fighter. Thanks everyone for helping me realize my dream.

ReaperAlexEU
10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
nothing wrong with a bit of flavour :)

i just miss read your first post as being more about a twf beastie than any particular flavour. well, i got the bit about not wanting rogue :)

tihocan put some good solid stats up that got the thread moving in the right direction, now its just time to put the polish on. i expect you'll get a bit more feedback too, bound to be something i missed.

personally i have a mix of flavour builds and min/max builds and enjoy playing them all. what your gonna have is a very good min/max build thats gone down a slightly harder path, still gonna have a good out come tho and may be one of your capped characters running the shroud for ingredients. you dont have to be on a 32 pointer to do the end game, it can just give you a few more options on what the build can do like that combat expertise route.

another thing to mull over is the barbarian, if that fits the style your after then similar starting stats will convert nicely into a dorf barbarian with even more hit points. could be worth running that through the planer too if its of interest.

Sir_Chonas
10-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Here's the new version (Still can't get around the planner bug if someone else want's to try to get Kensai wep spec III that'd be great), but I left one AP from lvl 18 onward to account for it. I'll make a barbarian later to see the difference, but this one seems to be a bit better I hope - though I have NO clue what feats and skills to take for barbarian. (12 int is a must for a fighter I think, you get 2 more skill points per level and 8 more at initial character creation). This is a nontomed 28 point char w/ no equipment.

Chonas Crossbearer
Level 20 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male
(20 Fighter)
Hit Points: 342
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 15
Reflex: 9

Base Stats Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Strength 16 19 22
Dexterity 16 17 17
Constitution 14 15 17
Intelligence 12 12 12
Wisdom 8 8 8
Charisma 6 6 6

Base Skills Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Balance 5 14 18
Bluff -2 -2 1
Concentration 2 3 3
Diplomacy -2 -2 -2
Disable Device n/a n/a n/a
Haggle -2 -2 -2
Heal -1 -1 -1
Hide 3 3 3
Intimidate 2 21 25
Jump 6 29 29
Listen -1 -1 -1
Move Silently 3 3 3
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 2 2 2
Search 1 1 3
Spot -1 -1 -1
Swim 3 6 6
Tumble n/a n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a n/a

Level 1 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+2)
Skill: Intimidate (+4)
Skill: Jump (+3)
Skill: Repair (+1)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Damage I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I

Level 2 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I

Level 3 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I

Level 4 (Fighter)
Ability Raise: DEX
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II

Level 5 (Fighter)

Level 6 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Kensei Dwarven Waraxe Mastery I
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I

Level 7 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II

Level 8 (Fighter)
Ability Raise: CON
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Damage II

Level 9 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy III

Level 10 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack II

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
Enhancement: Fighter Dwarven Waraxe Specialization I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength III

Level 13 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Kensei Dwarven Waraxe Mastery II
Enhancement: Fighter Intimidate I
Enhancement: Fighter Intimidate II

Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Critical
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution II

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
Enhancement: Fighter Intimidate III

Level 16 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Fighter Dwarven Waraxe Specialization II

Level 17 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Fighter Intimidate IV

Level 18 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Diehard
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Stunning Blow
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense I
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei III
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II

Level 19 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) I
Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II

Level 20 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Quick Draw
Enhancement: Fighter Weapon Alacrity
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense II

ReaperAlexEU
10-08-2009, 05:12 AM
much cleaner :) well, i assume the repair skill was a miss click, the interface can be a little laggy at times.

so, lets see, full TWF line, check, power attack, check, stun with bonuses to DC, check, full cleave line, check, toughness, check. thats all the main bases covered.

you got a few spare in there, but they wont hurt you. what you can do is move things about. personally i like to get imp twf under my belt before i feel twf is going at a decent speed. also i like to have cleave and great cleave close together because cleave isnt so hot and i wouldnt want to spend half my time with one and not the other. so, what if you pull imp twf down to lvl 6 and push cleave back to lvl10? also at 14 and 15 swap power critical for greater cleave.

i personally think power crit is better on something like a rogue that wants to make sure its crits hit but doesnt have the full to hit bonus a fighter does. its not gonna hurt you build, fighters get plenty of feats, but it is one to push back a bit. also diehard isnt too useful, at those high lvl's if you get incapped there is rarely time to stabalise before your either up on your feet from a heal, or the party has wiped. if the party wipes chances are you'll need to heal up very very fast before you get mobbed, something a fighter with only pots cant do. that said i hear you can get 400 silver flame favour and buy heal pots, now that would turn things about! anyway, i'd pull stun infront of power crit and die hard. you can stun the squishy casters and look forward to it hitting more often when you have the points to get the enhancements. also your kensai boost will help stun land, and finish that caster off real quick.

i'd also put quickdraw infront of power crit and die hard. you will often be faced with mobs in the same fight that need you to swap weapons to take down quickly. eg in rainbow you get fleshy things to hit and constructs. quickdraw will keep you swinging those axes for more time as you switch between blades. it will also speed up the rate you lob axes, always handy when you have to take down a pesky sniper. i have kensai and quickdraw on my fighter and despite his poor dex (your's is a ton higher) i can use my kensai boost, haste boost and take down a sniper without too much pain and suffering, very nice combo set that lot :). also its funny seeing the lobbing axes crit :)

as for swapping power crit and diehard out for something else? i really wouldnt know what to suggest, but hey with that many feats you have a little room for some flavour stuff.

thats a nice build you have there, its main weakness is low tanking. it should have a nice hit point buffer with all the items on, but the AC will be low. when you get 32 point and make one with combat expertise you should be able to get a much higher AC. you can get dodge and two weapon defence for another 2 AC if you want, but i don't think its worth it. intimi to get aggro away from squishies, other than that let a specced tank handle the main aggro.

with 2 whomping sticks one great way to defend your self and help the party is with a paralyser in your main hand and a curse spewer in your off hand. once a mob is cursed and paralysed move on to the next. if a mob saves on the para then hit it a few more times, because its cursed it will be easy to re-paralyse it. if you care about the kill count then this will lower your score. if you don't care about the kill count and are happy with doing the best job you can to get the party through the quest then this will work very well.

another trick is to get two wounding weapons, this works even better if some other party members are using wounding. once a mobs CON is dropped to zero you then get auto crits, same thing as stun here, your dorf axe's will rip the mob to bits on those *3 crits.

naturally you'll want to look up a mineral II weapon, thats gonna be your main DPS baby, two of em if you want to pimp this toon out :)

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Lovely, just lovely advice. Final question, what sort of gear should I look at? I hear that fighters are supposed to get some ring with fortification, but I don't know what else. What sort of armors/helms/necklaces/rings/boots/trinkets should I be looking for?

ReaperAlexEU
10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
heavy fort can come on a necklace for doing the optional in the black anvil mines. the quest from the church in house D, quest in house K, need 10 ore (15 there each run) and dont need to complete Q to get the item. thats a lvl9 item, the mobs hit very hard, but if your not completing there is no penalty to asking some higher level chars to help out.

next is the much loved mino's helm from the orchard of the macarbe. each rare in the wilderness area has a chance of dropping a tapestry in its chest. the drop rate is quite good. once you get 20 tap's you can hand them in for a choice of helm. mino's has heavy fort and 20 hit points, a no brainer for almost every melee character.

you can graft a green steel item with heavy fort int eh shroud. it will also come with +5 protection that gives a "deflection" bonus to AC (ie it wont stack with pots of shield of faith). its common to opt for the extra hit points as your crafting options when aiming for the heavy fort. i believe these hit points stack with greater false life and mino's helm. personally when i craft my heavy fort item it will replace mino's helm, but my char has a lot more bases to cover than a normal melee char would.

heavy fort can come on other items too as random loot. the ones above are all static things to aim for without having to out bid someone on the auction house.

my favourite resource for planning shroud items is this website:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/index.php

first select either a weapon or an item. weapons and items have different abilities. all weapons share the same abilities and all items do. so try a dorf axe first

on the next page hover over the green links to sew what they do. one of the most common abilities is on the far right, the transmuting/keen bold option. when you click on a link it selects it and grey's out any conflicting options. keep clicking links until there is no green left, the result is everything you can get on that weapon/item! when you hear vets talk about min II or mintu they are referring to an item with the transmuting ability, often with pure damage or +4 insight bonus to AC. on this character i suggest pure damage. on your 32 pointer with combat expertise the +4 insight AC bonus will form part of its defences.

the nice thing about that website is it lets you see whats on offer without having to get your head round how its built. once you know what you want you can then look for other resources to help you build it.

how many GS items you make depends on how much of a power gamer you are. one item is within reach of a more casual gamer. a power gamer will probably plan for 3-4 items. you can have as many weapons as you can craft. you can only wear one item. to wear a second item you will need to do 20 raids and get a cleansing essence. if you put 2 items on they will bleed you to death, so one must be cleansed.

you can also look at the dragon touched armour, they have nice base armour then with grinding you can play a lottery system to try and get some nice abilities onto it. a lot of players prefer the shroud crafting as you wont get stuck with a useless piece of armour for ages until you get lucky.

another thing to try for is the madstone boots in the gianthold raid. they give some nice melee buffs

also the blood stone from the desert will increase the damage your crits do (extra 18 points for the dorf axe). dont confuse that item with the bloodstone gem which is vendor trash.

take a look in the classes section and see how some of them have their gear laid out, should give you some goof food for thought.

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
So take fortification>str increase gear>ac gear?

Lorien_the_First_One
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
So take fortification>str increase gear>ac gear?

Why do you want to rank everything like that?

Yes, the highest fort you can get is manditory, at least past L10 where crits can oneshot you.

Str vs AC gear is totally build dependant. If you are going for an 70+ AC build then AC boosts win, if you are a low AC build then STR matters more and AC is worthless.

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Because this is a build specific thread about a build based on DPs which has been said to have low AC, and I wanted to make sure of what gear to put on them. Ranking things helps me place constant values which allows me to make easier decisions when examining potential loot, enhancements, or feats.

ReaperAlexEU
10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
for this build AC isnt so useful. you'll have 1 items devoted to STR and 1 items devoted to heavy fort. in DDO not many things stack so having 2 STR items is a waste of a slot (yes there are exception, but not every build needs those exceptions). AC is a pain though as there are many different types of AC bonus so there is a lot of stuff that can stack up, for that reason AC builds have to devote several slots and without all the gear tend to be squishy.

its all down to the game being based on "the d20 system". what that means is when any action happens, a 20 sided dice is rolled behind the scenes and all the bonuses are added up and compared to a difficulty. when this becomes a problem is when a power gamer can get 40 more AC than a casual gamer. to hit the power gamer the mobs will have such a high bonus that the casual gamer may just as well be naked for all the good their armour does as the random aspect is only 20.

your first build will be able to do shroud raids and pull in the cash and start looting the tomes. your 32 point build can then benefit from that and start working towards that massive AC score you need to make it worth having. sure you can get enough AC on your first char, but as you've seen with the combat expertise thing it can take a lot of resources to get. you can mitigate a low AC by playing well as an off-tank.

so, for this char get:
str item
con item
dex item (helps with reflex saves and lobbing axes thanks to your good dex)
proof against poison, situational item, nice as a perm tho
disease immunity, situational item, for fighting mummies
under water action, situational, cant fight underwater
feather fall, situational, dont tend to fight mid air
striding, nice to keep speed up between hastes
1 resistance item for all saves (not a partial resistance for 1 save), good fort and reflex saves are worth boosting
heavy fort
greater false life

most of that will be generic loot not named stuff, tho some might turn into named with other advantages later on.

other nice bits are (clicky = a spell you can cast from an item, the item may be of no other use)
visor of the flesh render from tangleroot, death ward clicky
planar gird from xorian cypher, greater heroism clicky
a clicky of remove fear
spot item, not a must have, can be nice to see hidden mobs approaching tho

pots to get are
cure serious wounds (helps clerics mana by healing between fights and if the healer cant get to u. can get smaller cure pots to start with)
remove blindness
remove curse
remove disease
lesser restoration (fix stat damage)
resist energy (you can buy pots of 20 res from the twelve off the market)
erm, probably a few others, but they will help a lot when the group is low on resources and struggling to get through a quest. you can get barkskin and shield of faith pots for a combined +6 ac, those will help early on when your AC is still good, but wont help come end game

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
ReaperAlex, you're one solid dude or dudette. Thanks for everything you wise DDO master.

tihocan
10-08-2009, 11:42 AM
AC-wise you should be fine at low/mid level, but at high level it will probably not be worth trying to really push it. Focusing on DPS is fine.

Just wanted to say too I declined your forum friend request not because of any personal issue with you, but because I don't want to use this forum feature. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to send you a pm to tell you.

And as long as you get the prereqs for Kensai III, you'll be fine. Must be a planner bug I guess.

Oh, and... there is little point in starting at Int 12 unless you want to take Combat Expertise (with a +1 Int tome), and hopefully Improved Trip. It's a great combo. But if you're not going to take them, there is really no reason to start with 12 Int. I guess 10 Int can be justified by the fact Balance helps somewhat. But Jump is not very useful. For long term optimality, in my opinion 8 Int is enough.

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I heard somewhere that a minimum in balance for fighters was some number that cannot be reasonably obtained with the +1 skill point per level while getting a solid int.

I friend requested because I can't send pms and it was my way of thanking you for your help in my build design.

ReaperAlexEU
10-08-2009, 12:07 PM
hehe, i'm just regurgitating everything i learnt from the power gamers :)

Sir_Chonas
10-08-2009, 12:11 PM
If you found a drunk person who puked golden vomit, you wouldn't not take it just because it was vomit . . . you'd refine that stuff and sell it. lol.

What sort of description should I give to people about this sort of character if they ask "what kind of fighter are you"? Should I say pure dps, off-tank, or TWF kensai str focused?

tihocan
10-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I heard somewhere that a minimum in balance for fighters was some number that cannot be reasonably obtained with the +1 skill point per level while getting a solid int.
In this case, "solid" Int means 10 (because Intimidate still wins as the best skill to max out). More Int won't allow you to get a higher balance.
And yes, balance can be useful, I don't deny it. If you weren't a new player, I would suggest to use a +2 Int tome at L7 to start dumping skill points into it at that point, to avoid having to start with 10 Int.
But anyway, if I were you I'd probably start with 12 Int to get CE+Improved Trip, because tripping is so much fun :)

tihocan
10-08-2009, 12:17 PM
What sort of description should I give to people about this sort of character if they ask "what kind of fighter are you"? Should I say pure dps, off-tank, or TWF kensai str focused?
"Str-based TWF" would be an appropriate "label". Specifying Kensai is probably not needed, since it's the logical choice for such a build.

zed1
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
A couple of thoughts:

You will absolutely need a fear-resist item on a build like this, as you will almost always fail your Will Save. Obtain the Reaver's Ring as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will have to stand and watch while the rest of the party does the heavy lifting against Jariliths or Mummies.

Your AC will never be very great, and if it is, that is because you have done something to decrease your DPS (like using a sheild or turning on Combat Expertise instead of power attack.) An item like the Dusk Heart or Cloak of the Zephyr will help cut down on incoming damage, as will damage reduction. Since Dwarves get additional Armor Mastery enhancements, adamantine armor will make more sense than mithril.

Make sure you take Fighter Haste Boost (as many as you can), as well as at least three Armor Mastery enhancements. I wouldn't bother with so many Intimidate enhancements. Nor would I put any action points into stunning blow, but that's me.

And now for a little unwanted advice:

I don't think pure fighter is the way to go for a Dwarf dual-weilding axes. There are really two main reasons to take a dps character beyond level 14 as a fighter: 1) alacrity cannot be obtained elsewhere (e.g. you are using a two-hander) or 2) critical hits play a major role in your DPS. Neither is true for a Dwarven War Axe. A 14 Fighter/6 Tempest Ranger will produce far more benefits than the additional 6 levels of fighter. A 12 Fighter/6 Tempest Ranger/2 (pick another melee class) will produce additional benefits.

I am not suggesting that you scrap your plan of a pure fighter. However, since you plan on playing multiple versions of this character on each of the servers it is worth checking out a different variation and weighing the benefits of each build.

ReaperAlexEU
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
yeah, a planar gird gives 10 mins of fear immunity, but some times you just need a perm protection against fear. so add reavers ring to the list of situational items to get :)

whats the point in armour mastery enhancements when AC will be too low any way? also what STR do you have to not need bonuses to stun?

#wiggles his eyebrows austin powers style#

yes, try some ranger mixes on the other servers, you might find you like it. also look at getting a tank with evasion.

zed1
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
The planar gird is great if you can get it, but I don't know that it is a realistic target for a new player. He is already going to be grinding for favor and Turbine Points, why encourage him to grind Xorian Cipher for a rare drop on every server? The value of the gird on the auction house puts it out of reach for any new player, whereas the Reaver's Ring can be obtained for far, far less (and is occasionally dumped as vendor trash.)

The point I was making on armor class was more a critique of the class/feat/enhancement selection. Even so, a moderate investment of action points will be worthwhile at low-levels (and with a toon on every server he will spend a lot of time at low levels.) It is certainly more valuable than 10 action points spent on Intimidate I-IV, for a build that will primarily be an off-tank.

I'll concede the stunning blow point on a build like this. Maybe take it sooner to use against Beholders.

ReaperAlexEU
10-10-2009, 05:16 AM
hehe, i got a gird before i got a reaver :). i think its more of something to aim for, your going to want it in the long run and while the mummies in the desert may be skipped giant hold is one all f2p players are advised to save points up for. so there is no need to spend weeks in xorian, but it is a good one to jump on when your wondering what quest to do next. so yes, get a clicky of remove fear, then aim for a static bonus item and it doesnt matter which one you get, reavers is better at that job and eventually planar will be a good addition any way for other uses. also with the prices you can flog the gird for a quick buck. i prefer to keep rare loot and use it, but sometimes those high prices are tempting :)

and yes, the AC will be great early on. i think my ranger/paly stopped tanking when he got to giant hold, at a push he could do normal but on hard he just couldnt keep up. i actually had that belt which gives fighter armour mastery 2, daggertooth i think, and that i believe kept me tanking just that little longer. so your right that 2-3 ranks of that will certainly go a long way and can always be dropped later when the AC falls too far behind the curve. i queried it because i was thinking of the ending enhancements. very good advice on what to do while leveling up though!

oi, no conceding on the stun thing, give us some numbers to work with :p. i've got points into stun for my max str fighter. i think the only thing he's missing now is some madsone boots. so i'm interested to know what sort of str you feel gets enough stuns in without needing a hand from enhancements. its just nice to know what limits other players think are good. i also have a problem with attack bonus, after playing my fighter, then a barbarian, i've always been used to a very high to-hit bonus which a lot of multi-class and twf builds don't get. so its interesting to see what works for other people.

also on the stun thing do you use a weighted weapon to land the stun? that can add up more than the enhancements but is something i don't bother with personally. could explain our differing advice.

Junts
10-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Because this is a build specific thread about a build based on DPs which has been said to have low AC, and I wanted to make sure of what gear to put on them. Ranking things helps me place constant values which allows me to make easier decisions when examining potential loot, enhancements, or feats.

This game doesn't work that way .. equipment bonuses dont stack. You will absolutely get the following modifiers by endgame, but sometimes you may get them on the same item:

heavy fortification
6 str
6 con
6 dex (reflex saves, good idea)
greater falselife
shroud exceptional hit points
seeker (bloodstone or mentau's goggles)
'of backstabbing' (tharne's goggles or wretched twilight)

On DDO you do not sacrifice having strength to have fortification .. its not like a WoW gearset where effects stack. There are only a couple methods to acquire strength bonuses that stack with the basic +6 str item.

Your long term goal will be in condensing equipment (in the form of items like +6 con and greater falselife on the same item) enough to get free equipment slots for unique, dps increasing items (like tharnes goggles) that don't provide the basic, essential bonuses you require.

Sir_Chonas
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Assuming that I do take 6 levels in ranger, what would the new character plan look like? (Dwarven Axes are still a must)

zed1
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
oi, no conceding on the stun thing, give us some numbers to work with :p. i've got points into stun for my max str fighter. i think the only thing he's missing now is some madsone boots. so i'm interested to know what sort of str you feel gets enough stuns in without needing a hand from enhancements. its just nice to know what limits other players think are good. i also have a problem with attack bonus, after playing my fighter, then a barbarian, i've always been used to a very high to-hit bonus which a lot of multi-class and twf builds don't get. so its interesting to see what works for other people.

My original thinking on Stunning Blow was for the build to not take it at all. In my case, I don't use it. It is pretty easy to find a slashing weapon with vertigo on it, making Trip a more viable strategy. I have a paralyzing khopesh of vertigo that I use in my off-hand that provides very good crowd control. I wasn't thinking about the auto-crit aspect of stunning blow... not a big consideration for me, but it will be for an axe wielder.

You wanted numbers, so just for kicks: I would guess that this build will top out at around 40 Strength with kensai power boost, a rage spell, a +6 strength item and a +2 tome. That works out to be a +15 Strength mod. Kensai III adds another 3 points to the Stunning Blow DC. Making the final DC for stunning blow 28. The two stunning blow enhancements gets it up to 30, which is at the low end of what is needed to stun end game content (it is normally described as requiring a DC "in the 30s".) Better equipment will help, and so will a weighted war hammer in the off-hand. Otherwise, it may land too infrequently to bother attempting.

But then again, this build may do better to go with a 32 point re-roll before worrying about the end game.

zed1
10-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Assuming that I do take 6 levels in ranger, what would the new character plan look like? (Dwarven Axes are still a must)

Here is a bare-bones template:

Str 16, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6

Level 1 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead

Level 2 (Ranger)

Level 3 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Mobility
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 4 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 5 (Ranger)

Level 6 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 7 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 10 (Fighter)

Level 11 (Fighter)

Level 12 (Fighter)

Level 13 (Fighter)

Level 14 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

After this, it is up to you on what feats seem the most useful. This build is optimized around the idea that you will be grinding favor. So, I expect that you will hit 1750 before level 12, and take the free +2 Dex tome. If not, delaying GTWF until level 14 is not a big deal. All level up points are put into strength.

I didn't go through the exercise of picking enhancements, but can if you would like.

Sir_Chonas
10-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, I would like you to do that if you don't mind. . . but the whole "fighters have extra feats" thing, would I need to take fighter as the first level?

ReaperAlexEU
10-13-2009, 05:30 AM
nope, a fighter gets his bonus feat at fighter lvl1, regardless of character level.

however character lvl1 gets 4 times the classes skills, and that only happens at character lvl1. so if one class gets more skills than the other its best to take the high skills class first.

pure fighters are fairly "vanilla", mixing the ranger in gives you access to cure serious wands, which will drop the cost of self healing and allow you to get an incapacitated team mate up (extra useful when its the cleric). also your going to get 10% attack speed at lvl8 instead of lvl20. oh and a +2 STR spell called rams might that stacks with everything, then probably the jump spell as a little bit of icing.

you will also get many shot, which is a very powerful situational feat that will let you drop a few mobs very very fast when you get 3 to 4 arrows per shot (char lvl11 for 3, char lvl16 for 4). you can also get a weakening bow and turn a beholder into a squishy punch bag with 2 volleys of 4 arrows. sure your a melee focused character, but being able to take a beholder out like that is better than any thing a blade can do. there is a reason DDO brags about having beholders and not broccoli, and thats cos beholders are like playing russian roulette with an automatic pistol :)

if your rolling this up on all servers then do pure fighter and ranger mix too, see which style you prefer.

side topic:
thans zed1 for the numbers. i've not worked out how reliable my stun is in amrath, seems to be OK in the vale with kensai boost running. also as you mentioned twf with a weighted off hand will add a massive bonus to the stuns, something my 2-hander cant do. maybe its a case of get stun early then switch it out come amrath? dunno, i do love my auto-crits :).

Sir_Chonas
10-13-2009, 10:22 AM
so yes or no to stunning blow? What enhancements should I take? About the rerolling thing, I want something that will be the most successful every time. DPs and swinging axes with wild abandon is kind of my playing style, though it would be nicer to be a little less squishy as a melee (though at level 11ish, healers are more than able to keep the fun times rolling) and maybe a little more self-reliant though I've never done a single quest by myself.

ReaperAlexEU
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
well, you have some solid building blocks now, so the question of which one is best falls down to which one do you enjoy the most. as your planning to churn dorfs out on all servers instead of cookie cuttering the first 2 or 3 give them all variations, like the class split. you may decide you prefer the pure fighter, you may decide you prefer the splash of ranger, you may decide to take ranger deeper, its all good stuff with pro's and con's so its now down to flavour.

i cant help with enhancements today, i'm at work now and then i'm off to watch some more hero's at a friends tonight :). however enhancements are by far the easiest thing to change in DDO, so they should be the thing you worry about the least :)

to stun or not to stun, well i got stun at about lvl10 after finding out it did auto-crits and have loved it ever since. however if your waiting till lvl18 for it then you might run into problems like zed1 advised. if you can grab stun early then go for it. if you cant get it till end game then by that point you might have some better ideas on what to get. maybe its one to play with as you churn the favour hunting dorfs out so you know if you want it for your 32 pointer :)

so try a few dorfs and see which one you want to become your default build. your in a great position to mess about with builds.

Sir_Chonas
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
tyvm for everything, i repped u earlier (now that I can . . .) and have printed several things from this forum. I'm going to roll a 20 fighter on 1 server, 12 fighter/6 ranger/2 (something rogue, monk, barbarian) on most of the others. It's just a matter of time and patience now . . .Catch my progress ingame by friending chonas crossbearer.

ReaperAlexEU
10-13-2009, 11:35 AM
ohh, give one of those rogue splashes UMD then, i love that on my dorf ranger/paly :)

some how i don't think you'll be on my server, keeper, its the other side of the pond ;)

have fun with your dorf, together with halflings they are my fav races to play :)

zed1
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I realized that I messed up one of the Kensai I prereq Feats in the original post, so I fixed that. I also swapped when you take Oversized TWF and Power Attack. I figured you probably wanted to get your two axes going as soon as possible, and not have to worry about about a hand axe (light weapon) or a to-hit penalty. Power attack doesn't become useful until the mid-levels anyway.

Some of this is thought through based on what you will be doing at the given level, and some is just completely arbitrary. So, if something looks fishy feel free to question it.

I don't like how toughness is taken so late, but this build gets a bit feat-starved since you need to use most of your ranger feats towards the Tempest Prereqs (Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack). Given that, I wouldn't take stunning blow on this particular build.

Level 16 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
(10 Fighter \ 6 Ranger)
Hit Points: 270
Spell Points: 25
BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
Fortitude: 16
Reflex: 12

Starting
Base Stats
Abilities (Level 1)
Strength 16