PDA

View Full Version : How to see how my party performs

stalfa
10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Is there a way to see what damage my party members do?
I only manage to see my own roll, hits and damage.

Visty
10-06-2009, 10:16 AM
nop, its self only

stalfa
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
No add-ons or tools that displays it?

Visty
10-06-2009, 11:03 AM
nop

(this isnt wow :p)
sorry, that comment had to be

stalfa
10-06-2009, 11:47 AM
(this isnt wow :p)
sorry, that comment had to be

hehe.

But a little more numbers would have been fun. ;)

Oxvon
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Yea from time to time there is an uproar on the forums about seeing more statage from the people in your party, like instead of just kill count, the total amount of damage done, stuff like that. I think it would be interesting to see but dumb at the same time.

Pwesiela
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM
No add-ons or tools that displays it?

No add ons of any sort are allowed in this game. Thankfully. The closest you'll get are online puzzle solvers and maps.

MissErres
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Is there a way to see what damage my party members do?
I only manage to see my own roll, hits and damage.

Play a cleric. :D

stalfa
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
like instead of just kill count,

Where can I see the kill count?

Pwesiela
10-06-2009, 12:48 PM

The xp sheet. (Default "x" key) But all it show's is who got the last point of killing damage, not who did the most, etc.

MissErres
10-06-2009, 12:48 PM

Hit the X key in quest and a page will come up giving you all kinds of good stats.

Thrudh
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Click on X while in a quest, and it will show you the exp you're getting, and the kill count for your party

Thrudh
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
But all it show's is who got the last point of killing damage, not who did the most, etc.

Yes, note that the kill count is a VERY rough indicator.. You could have someone using a paralyzer or stat damaging weapons in a quest, who makes a huge contribution, but may have a low kill count...

Cedwin
10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Some people would love to see how they are doing compared to their peers, or other members in a party.... but then there are those who would use it to complain that people in the party aren't doing their share, or aren't doing as good as they could be, etc..

Some people have suggested toggle options to allow others to see your damage, or effectiveness, but it seems like a lot of work for something that only a few people would really use.

I can see the good and bad side to it, but it's probably best left the way it is.

Lorien_the_First_One
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Some people would love to see how they are doing compared to their peers, or other members in a party.... but then there are those who would use it to complain that people in the party aren't doing their share, or aren't doing as good as they could be, etc..

Some people have suggested toggle options to allow others to see your damage, or effectiveness, but it seems like a lot of work for something that only a few people would really use.

I can see the good and bad side to it, but it's probably best left the way it is.

Agreed, leave it as it is.

How would you represent the impact of the cleric who commands the mobs or the sorc who mass holds the mobs instead of killing them? How about the impact of the bard buffs on everyone's damage? Does the wiz get credit somehow for using his sp for damage buffing and damage mitigation like blur, displacement, haste, stoneskin, gh instead of using that same sp for direct damage/killing? How about the fighter with a low kill count because he goes around stunning and tripping the mobs, keeping everyone safe and leaving the actually easy kill for the barbarian and rogue trailing him?

This game is at its best when we play as one team working together. We don't need those kind of stats. The only stat that matters is completion, and we got it together. If you can't tell just be looking if someone is contributing or not, odds are they are. You can always see the pikers. (hint, if you are in a group with me the piker is me :D )

Talon_Moonshadow
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Kill count can give a rough estimate to how much damage people are doing.
But only under some circumstances.

So many thing can affect it.

But if you run with the same people over and over again, and you fight side by side, and one person is always ahead by at least 20 kills or so....chances are he's doing more damage than you are.

A more useful stat IMO is a new one for Mod 9.....the number of times people die in a quest.

IMO, if you die the most, you had better have the high kill count to justify it. :)
(when a Barbarian with the name Suicidebomber joins your group, look out.)

stalfa
10-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Ok. The game is limitted so you only see your own performance. Fine I respect the decision.
Since I started the thread I care to be a little off-topic. :)

But...but I want to see more details.

How do I know that I'm flanking?
How do I know that my archer is less than 30" from his target.
etc...etc...

kilove
10-26-2009, 06:52 AM
I want to chime in my support for an encounter parser.

For those that are knowledgeable of EQ2 and Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT), the encounter parser is an incredible tool to track just about every aspect of combat. ACT is a 3rd party software that reads locally stored log files. I'm guessing that since DDO does not support local storing of log files, this isn't really feasible, AFAIK. However, not all is lost.

Kill counts as it's currently implemented are completely useless. It is not an indicator of ANYTHING that is remotely valuable. They are nothing but fluff numbers, plain and simple. I say get rid of them entirely as it just takes up space.

Or, change the kill count to total DAMAGE/HEAL per second of active combat with percentages based on group output (which can be done with minor coding, I'm sure) and all of a sudden you have a tremendously valuable piece of information. Make it optional, and there should not be any issue for those that do not want to see that kind of information.

Turbine already parses the combat...why not display some actual, useful information?