PDA

View Full Version : Drow Sorc 18 / Fvs 2

ShadowcatX
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I was thinking about the charisma synergy between sorcerer and favored soul, if you rely on favored soul for sp and wand access you could still dump wisdom. But missing out on the Sorcerer 20 would hurt, but it'd be a much more fun run up to 20, so what do you think?

Visty
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
sorcs have enough sp and a splash for favsoul isnt needed
if you want access to some divine things take 2 lvls of cleric instead, that way you have a nice number of turns to use with DV and DC (think you get access to them at cleric2)

otherwise, stay pure, its not worth it

shinmade
10-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I just dont see how 2 fvs levels are superior to staying pure.

Reverand
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Im working on a 'fun' toon. Mainly a Melee WF Sorc. He's great so far at low levels, self healing, self buffing, 1/2 decent lowbie dps. He's not going to be able to cast any spells that need a DC check to hit, but as a melee toon. I dont care. I just want a different type of Sorc build.

If you were going DPS Melee with your Drow, more then just 2 levels of FvS might help, if you were going full caster type... multi-classing really isnt worth the loss of spells/DC/Capstones. For self healing on a drow sorc, take UMD, your crazy CHA, GH and a Golden Cartouch from deleras will help wands and eventually Heal Scrolls.

Just my thoughts.

Orak
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I dont see how a melee sorcerer is going to be fun =/ I'm not a super min max'r but lordy.

Gabrion
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont see how a melee sorcerer is going to be fun =/ I'm not a super min max'r but lordy.

They are a ton of fun if put together and played correctly.

LAWPRE
10-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Back when DDO first started, the Dragon raid was a BIG deal. I am not sure exactly how they did it but a group of just straight casters killed the dragon. Of course, that can't be done nowadays (the devs changed the "dungeon" outlay) but I bet there are similar situations that people are - wisely - keeping quiet about. Looking for these situations can be fun. Also, if someone defines fun as overcoming challenges, playing a melee caster is most assuredly "fun".

BLAKROC
10-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Back when DDO first started, the Dragon raid was a BIG deal. I am not sure exactly how they did it but a group of just straight casters killed the dragon. Of course, that can't be done nowadays (the devs changed the "dungeon" outlay) but I bet there are similar situations that people are - wisely - keeping quiet about. Looking for these situations can be fun. Also, if someone defines fun as overcoming challenges, playing a melee caster is most assuredly "fun".

They weren't wisdom runes they were int runes :D and MM worked well if ya did it right

LAWPRE
10-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Blakroc - thanks for filling in the knowledge gap

ariel7
10-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I was thinking about the charisma synergy between sorcerer and favored soul, if you rely on favored soul for sp and wand access you could still dump wisdom. But missing out on the Sorcerer 20 would hurt, but it'd be a much more fun run up to 20, so what do you think?

You listed spell points and wand access as your reasons for this idea. I would encourage remaining pure and taking skill points in umd as a better (IMHO) way to acheive this. 11 ranks cross class umd plus say a 14 charisma modifier 4 for greater heroism 6 from a shroud crafted item and 2 for head of good fortune and you are already at 37 umd which I think is pretty nice. You still retain capstone and max dcs and stupid high spell point count and have acheived all the goals you listed. Further you won't have to explain your build two or more times per gaming session.