PDA

View Full Version : Spell testing room

ddoer
10-05-2009, 02:38 AM
I wish there is a special spell testing/training room that

a sorcerer could temporarily use any spell that are not loaded, and a wizard can use spells not in his spell book
we can summon any type of mob with specific CR

the problem is, the Devs spend efforts to create new spells but it's not easy for us to try them out. With a training ground, we could try the spells out easily.

As such facility should have a high maintenance cost, we will have to pay plats to enter. (ok, perhaps Turbine points!)

FluffyCalico
10-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I wish there is a special spell testing/training room that

a sorcerer could temporarily use any spell that are not loaded, and a wizard can use spells not in his spell book
we can summon any type of mob with specific CR

the problem is, the Devs spend efforts to create new spells but it's not easy for us to try them out. With a training ground, we could try the spells out easily.

As such facility should have a high maintenance cost, we will have to pay plats to enter. (ok, perhaps Turbine points!)

Nah just make the spells and their descriptions match.

Angelus_dead
10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Regarding testing rooms, I'd also like a room with combat dummies that can help you test both weapon and spell attacks.

There'd be dummies in several categories like Ogre Puppet and Skeleton Puppet. When you attack, they'd take damage like usual for a monster of that type, except that they never die. If you talk with the dummy it will report to you how much damage it took, how many seconds elasped between the first and last attacks on it, and what that DPS comes out as. This would be reported both for you personally, and also for your party. Then you can reset the counters and try again.

The main benefit I'd get from this room is that when someone is mistakenly using a low-DPS technique, I could just show it to him, instead of having to take him all the way through how to prove it on paper.