PDA

View Full Version : Trying to buy some Turbine Points

Valentre
10-05-2009, 12:37 AM
I have tried all three of my cards; 2 credit, 1 debit; and there have been transaction errors in all of them. I tried Paypal with a verified account, it didn't work. What's going on? I just want to be able to upgrade my game. I have a Premium account, whatever that means. I just want to be able to get some cosmetic changes. Any help would be awesome.

Jackswild
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Hmm. I can't offer much help. Sounds like you'll need Turbine for that one. The best I can offer is that I bought the 400-point pack (wanted to upgrade to premium) about 12 hours ago. The points were added instantly. I did have to exit the game and log in again to see the new character slots, but that was about it.

The short: It doesn't seem to be a game-wide problem or at least it was working at that time. I'd try again, maybe?

Aspenor
10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Are you in a foreign country? (aka not USA)

Valentre
10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the long response. No, I am in the US. Paypal is verified and it just won't let me purchase any points. I guess I can call Turbine; just has been a bit annoying as I want to play a Dark Elf! :D

Osco
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Hmm, I used a debit card (with the Mastercard logo, if that makes any difference) to buy 400 points, and got them immediately. I'm also a Premium member. (That means we used to pay the monthly fee before the changes, but no longer do.) Did it ask for the three digit security number from the back of the card? I can't remember if mine did or not.

Mockduck
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I think that you may also need to make a call to Turbine account or billing support to verify your PayPal account with them. I realize it's an international call, so another option would be to use Skype with a small paid account or something.

From DDO.com:

Call our Account Management team

Speak live with one of our Account Management Representatives via telephone from 4:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. ET Monday - Friday by dialing: 781-407-4020