PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 5 "traps Rogue" don't know what to do next

LtFaku
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Hello!

I'm playing with a Rogue focused in the, not so useful to solo mode, art of detect & disable traps.
I was thinking in make it multiclass combining it with a Wiz, but Im not so sure.

Could you give some advices?

whysper
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
What were you hoping to gain from multiclassing? Did you have something in particular in mind about Wizards, for example?

You can make Rogue work with many other classes, although most builds need a bit of experience and luck with gear if you do not have much to begin with. Keep in mind, though, that you should be looking at 19/1 or 18/2 Wiz/Rog or something similar, rather than having more Rogue levels and splashing in something else. A Ranger/Rogue is a pretty good option, and a bit more synergic as the roles are a bit closer.

You can just stay pure Rogue if you want to do the traditional trapmonkeying plus some damage-dealing, there is no need to multiclass.

LtFaku
10-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, I was trying to help a little bit in the fights, because the only way that I can deal some damage is using the Stealth Attack, and going that way I can't help in fights againts zombies or elementals.

I was using the option of going straigh of the path, so you could get some idea of the stats of the character.

LAWPRE
10-07-2009, 02:10 AM
In my opinion, if you want to do something more useful against undead, I would take cleric or FvS or Paladin. FvS can heal and fights better than a cleric but not a good as a Paladin. Cleric can turn undead and heal with the best of them but is not necessarily good in a fight. Paladin - especially with hands on and smite - can fight real good and heal some but cannot turn as good as a cleric. Although, any of these choices would need a Wis and Cha that are fairly high (14+) in a starting toon

Quikster
10-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Against undead make sure you have the right weapon. Undead and constructs are the roguebane in ddo (along with command and hold usually). If you arent using the right weapons and bypassing dr, you are at the least possible effectiveness you can be. Try to find a nice blunt weapon for skellys (finessable if dex build) with a decent kicker (of pure good is always nice, but holy, acid, flaming etc are solid). Get your hands on a ghost touch weapon for incorporeals, etc.

Later in the game at higher levels there are weapons that can instikill both undead and constructs if they fail a save. These work very well for a few long levels, and then moderately well for a few more levels before the mobs saves get to high to make them worth switching to.

I personally wouldnt splash in order to be better against undead an constructs, and I certainly wouldnt splash midway through a build plan. But if you arent scared of rerolling, give it a shot an play around, thats the only way you learn :D