PDA

View Full Version : Searing Heights in dire need of some quests

Homestarfan
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I've been a player for just about 3 years now, and when Searing Heights came out, it was all the rage. My guild started using our low lvl toons just so that we could enjoy the place, but unfortunately, years later, I've noticed that not very many people go there anymore. I think this is because of Three Barrel Cove, a much larger explorer area, of the same level range, with quests. Now I think it'd be insane to ask for a redoux of Searing Heights, but I do think it's about time that the place got some quests to make it a cool place to go again. (Oh, and maybe have that large block in the center filled in, there really aught to be something there)

Thanks

-~CSDragon http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq299/Chumbawumbucket/ROEmotes/thumbsup.gif

sirgog
10-04-2009, 10:57 PM
A lowbie version of the quest Enter the Koobold would fit well there :)

Purrp
10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
It's a great area, would love to see some quests there :)

Impaqt
10-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Actually,I dont ever recall anyone every saying nice things about Searing Heights. Other than its a Beautiful and Stunning Landcape. (Which it is)

when the area was introduced it was rated at a lower level than it is now. First impressions were thaqt it was WAY to difficult for the Rating. I still feel, even withthe expanded level ranger, that it can bee too difficult in some areas. Unless you can cast all your own resists, ahve Evasion, and have a ton of sheild clickies, Soloing it is a chore. Its not fun.

Hafeal
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Good idea ... where I have I heard it before ...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=204020

:D

Mockduck
10-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd love to see Searing Heights quests.

Visty
10-05-2009, 06:22 PM
quests in explorer zones is bad so
/not signed

Hafeal
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM
/not signed

Even though every explorer zone except Searing Heights has them? :confused:

Visty
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Even though every explorer zone except Searing Heights has them? :confused:

and thats the reason

salmag
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I just ran the two lowbie ones in Cerulean hills, and loved them (Good Job Devs).

This is an excellent idea.

Beld
10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
/not signed

Splinterskull (Tangleroot Gorge) and Greymoon/Co6 (Sorrowdusk Isle) are both top notch quest chains and they are in explorer areas.....plus the GH stuff and Vale and hmmmmm.........

They should drop some quests into Searing Heights :)

/signed

QuantumFX
10-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Well, the changing of the level range certainly helped the Searing Heights explorer area. You can get it done with Full XP at level 9 now.

However, I would like to see a couple quests out there. At the very least move the Bounty Hunter quest from House D over to the quickfoot area and rename most of the mobs “Quickfoot …”

sirgog
10-06-2009, 10:58 PM
/not signed

I also prefer quests in the Houses, you can get into the actual action faster.