PDA

View Full Version : Couple points to make, and a "Duo" request.

Morndenkainen
10-04-2009, 02:00 PM
1. I've noticed that there's a lack of "soloability" once you get to level 9 or higher for quite a few classes...
(I'd like to thank Captian Obvious at this point.)

2. Most of us who joined recently joined because of a friend.

3. Due to the influx of new and inexperienced players, as well as thoes who intentionally join just to sabotage everything (I've a hard time writing everything off as ignorance) pugging can be a nightmarish experience.

Points made, time for the requests.

1. Remove the "Solo" box and Include a "Duo" option that allows some quests to be run with two or more players instead of the 4 or more that some dungeons seems to be designed for. Either that, or put in a line of text that says "Designed for a party of X" when you enter the quest. This ensures that people arent just blowing through the instances solo unless they'd be able to do it anyways, and warns people what to expect.

2. Give us a "Solo" option for a bit more of the higher end content. Granted, loot should be really gimped, but hey, some of us occasionally are more interested in running through a fun instance and earning alot less than we would in a party, rather than mindlessly grinding out a kill count.

3. For the love of god, please add a tab to the social bar that allows us to add a "No group" list. Somthing that will allow you to add a player to it, so that it alerts you when you've joined a group that has a particularly moronic player in it so you can leave the group or know what to expect. I know other players have said to use the friends list for that, but i'd really rather not. Its nice to know when my REAL friends are online without randomly having to spam their char names. (Yes, I realise we could all join the same guild, but thats not what the friends tab should be for IMO.)

4. I know I've only made it to level 9, but MOAR content plz. I've a feeling that once I decide to re-roll, im going to get bored of the existing low-mid end content rather quickly. I mean, yeah, there's plenty of stuff to do, but there's really only one city.. Perhaps a better thought would be to make 2-3 areas per level range... That way you dont have to be confined to repeating the same stuff. (XP is gimped/nulled once your way too high in level anyways, so its not like you'd be running a lev 3 quest as a lev 9 char for exp.)

5. I havent made it to the high end content yet, but after previously seeing the dragon model, and the mindflayer model, howabout adding a couple adventures based on an illithid city? If a dev cares to drop me a line, i've got some old notes on a few previous adventures i DM'd for. Wouldnt mind donating thoes to a worthy cause. Plus it would be nice to see a few of the other monsters come to life... Then kill them.

foxx
10-04-2009, 02:08 PM
1. I've noticed that there's a lack of "soloability" once you get to level 9 or higher for quite a few classes...
(I'd like to thank Captian Obvious at this point.)

<<>>
well it is a group minded game, but as you get more experianced you'll find even higher lvl quests can be soloed
<<>>

3. Due to the influx of new and inexperienced players, as well as thoes who intentionally join just to sabotage everything (I've a hard time writing everything off as ignorance) pugging can be a nightmarish experience.

<<>>
Try joining a guild , or making one of yer own.
it is the best way to avoid pug damage.
<<>>

1. Remove the "Solo" box and Include a "Duo" option that allows some quests to be run with two or more players

<<>>
Dungeon scaling pretty much does that when it works.
<<>>

5. I havent made it to the high end content yet, but after previously seeing the dragon model, and the mindflayer model, howabout adding a couple adventures based on an illithid city? If a dev cares to drop me a line, i've got some old notes on a few previous adventures i DM'd for. Wouldnt mind donating thoes to a worthy cause. Plus it would be nice to see a few of the other monsters come to life... Then kill them.

The dev's do not listen or care what the player base thinks.
roll with as best you can.

Visty
10-04-2009, 02:09 PM
if you enter on normal with just 2 ppl its scaled down

no need for any new option

just get in with only 2 ppl

lowmanning is a joke since mod9 and we all hope our game doesnt get dumped down any more

MrCow
10-04-2009, 02:17 PM
put in a line of text that says "Designed for a party of X" when you enter the quest

In the Quest Journal there is a section in the quest that states "Recommended Group:" for the size of the group.

Morndenkainen
10-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, I guess that clears a few things up. Wasnt really aware of the difficulty scaling issues. So i guess that means when you take a 3rd-4th player along and theyre completely useless, all it does is make things harder on the two that know what theyre doing.... I guess that makes it all the more important to have a "DONT GROUP WITH" tab.

As for joining a guild, got any reccomendations for the Cannith server? Or where to go to find one thats not full of noobs? (Granted some are talented.) I dont want to turn the thread into something else, but if you would point me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated.

redoubt
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
A friend and I are duo'n most of the content so far (characters hit level 11 last night). We have most of the quests below 8 on elite already.

You can duo or even solo much more now in mod 9 because of the scaling. Its a default solo option now on normal and even hard if you want.