PDA

View Full Version : An anoyance, bug and waste of money -- Hirelings.

skotm
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
well, I feel ripped off and wont purchase these through the store again.
If one dies it takes 15 min of hitting hte rez shrine for them to go -- OHH ok I will now stop standing around and rezarect.

Im a little ****ed at the waste of points and waste of my time. and yes it took 15 min of spamming the "cogs" to get them to rez.

Acamas
10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
15 minutes is a bit extreme.

Personally I Wouldn't buy the hirelings in the basis that they are on an hour timer but eh... Just chalk it up to a benefit for having an actual human instead of an NPC running around with you.

stikfasgrendel
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM
While I can't speak for hirelings purchased through the store, I've found the hirelings in game to be an excellent value.
I can pick up a Cleric for less than the price of 2 Cure Moderate Wounds Potions, and with a little guidance they can be immensely useful.

Except for Kendra.
What self-respecting Cleric can't turn the Undead?

Deusxmachina
10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I've ran in some groups where someone pulled out their pocket clerics. One bot liked to get in there and melee with what looked like a toothpick and died a lot, but the others knew their role and just stood there and healed, for the most part. I remember a little confusion trying to get one to rez one time, but not other times.

From what I've seen, thumbs-up on hirelings. Healbot ones, anyway.