PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Request/Suggestion

Bortbort
10-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Hello,
For the next update I would really like to see grouping enhancements. Such as, my #1 complaint, allowing group leaders to remove members from the group whether they're in a dungeon or not. Grouping's purpose is to create an adventuring party, a "TEAM", is it not?

There are way too many players that join groups and do not participate as a team member such as they run off on their own in difficult quests which gets everyone in the group killed, or they'll start quests well before the entire group is ready therefore the members of the group that join late don't get the experience or loot they deserve. I feel the group leader should have the authority to kick and even ban players from being grouped with them for these actions. If someone is going to be doing these kinds of things they are severely decreasing the group's progress towards the story line and building their individual character.

What is the use of having a group/team if it doesn't act as a group/team?

If someone is running off from the group in a dungeon and dying, by them self, they deserve to die - By them self. And not get the entire group killed.

Please allow group leaders to remove inappropriate team members whether they're in a dungeon or not in the next update.

Mistinarperadnacles
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Better to have it as it is now than have it changed.

I wouldn't like to find a misclick boots me from a long quest right before the end chests, or some a$$ in a pug decides its funny, or disagrees that I looted X item from one of the chests or many other reasons for greifing or painful errors.

If its bad enough that you want to boot them, recall, break group and reform without them.

Yeah, you'll have to start over, but yopu'd have to if you got wiped by a LeeRoy anyway.

CaseStringer
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
They don't allow this for 'griefing' reasons. If you were able to be booted from the group just before they finished it, dead or alive... Would you be very happy? or Mad as Heck??

Magnicallus
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Hello,
For the next update I would really like to see grouping enhancements. Such as, my #1 complaint, allowing group leaders to remove members from the group whether they're in a dungeon or not. Grouping's purpose is to create an adventuring party, a "TEAM", is it not?

There are way too many players that join groups and do not participate as a team member such as they run off on their own in difficult quests which gets everyone in the group killed, or they'll start quests well before the entire group is ready therefore the members of the group that join late don't get the experience or loot they deserve. I feel the group leader should have the authority to kick and even ban players from being grouped with them for these actions. If someone is going to be doing these kinds of things they are severely decreasing the group's progress towards the story line and building their individual character.

If someone is running off from the group in a dungeon and dying, by them self, they deserve to die - By them self. And not get the entire group killed.

Please allow group leaders to remove inappropriate team members whether they're in a dungeon or not in the next update.

Sounds like you are not communicating your wishes until after you are in the quest. And this is a problem both for the players that take their time and those that zerg. The difference I see being that the zergers could care less if your slow and dont post about it and the slow ones always feel like they are the victom. THERE ARE NO VICTOMS IN DDO!! If you dont make your wishes known before you start a quest either by lfm specifics or verbal/written chat. If someone goes off and dies then put them in your backpack. Innapropriate Group leaders are the problem here not the indivual that you cant control after you failed to communicate. Good communication makes good teams. bad communication makes party wipes. Learn to speak effectively.

Bogenbroom
10-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello,

Your feeling is certainly understandable and I think most of us have been there. At one point it was like you describe and it was changed to the present mech because there used to be wankers who would do things like are described in some of the other posts. It is, indeed, better now.

Personally, I feel there should be a group vote mechanic for booting. I don't want to leave it in the leader's hands, but if there is someone creating such an issue a 5-1 vote resolves most any griefing issues.

Even beyond the issues of wankers in groups there are other, more innocuous issues that a boot would be useful for. How many folks have had someone go afk an never come back? Or fall asleep/pass out at the keyboard?

Anyway, thems my 2 cents.

Impaqt
10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
We used to be able to do this way back when....

It was removed due to jerks booting people at the end of a quest to make room for a buddy who wanted a completion....

It doesnt take long to realize 1 person is not runnign the quest the way you want to lead it...

Recall, Break group and reform WITHOUT the zerger....

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Better to have it as it is now than have it changed.

I wouldn't like to find a misclick boots me from a long quest right before the end chests, or some a$$ in a pug decides its funny, or disagrees that I looted X item from one of the chests or many other reasons for greifing or painful errors.

If its bad enough that you want to boot them, recall, break group and reform without them.

Yeah, you'll have to start over, but yopu'd have to if you got wiped by a LeeRoy anyway.

Misclicking doesn't happen. It's set up so that if the group leader removes someone from the group it is purposely done. If you're playing with kids that think it would be funny to remove you from the group in that kind of situation...that would be your fault for grouping with immaturity.

You can't take someone elses loot from a chest unless they allow you to.

Why regroup and reform when, if the option were available, you could just kick the bad apple and return to enjoying your game?

They don't allow this for 'griefing' reasons. If you were able to be booted from the group just before they finished it, dead or alive... Would you be very happy? or Mad as Heck??

If I deserved it I would understand. I do have the realization that not everyone is as mature about gaming as I am and some people take their gaming experience very seriously. I admit that I take it very seriously, and sometimes even personally, at times. But in the end it is a game and it is to be enojoyed. If some jerk is ruining the entire group's game experience...I'm suggesting an option to allow group the group leader to remove them and stop them from ruinning everyone elses fun.

Perhaps a vote/kick would be a better suggestion. That way all group members can vote to determine whether the person being accused of being inappropriate is removed from the group or not.

Sounds like you are not communicating your wishes until after you are in the quest. And this is a problem both for the players that take their time and those that zerg. The difference I see being that the zergers could care less if your slow and dont post about it and the slow ones always feel like they are the victom. THERE ARE NO VICTOMS IN DDO!! If you dont make your wishes known before you start a quest either by lfm specifics or verbal/written chat. If someone goes off and dies then put them in your backpack. Innapropriate Group leaders are the problem here not the indivual that you cant control after you failed to communicate. Good communication makes good teams. bad communication makes party wipes. Learn to speak effectively.

This post came from an experience I had last night while playing. Of which I was the group leader and I had specifically advertized my group by including the comment "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!!!!" after a few bad experiences that include the scenarios below. Throughout the night I went through TEN different groups until I found one that actually worked as a team the way they should. The groups previous to the one I stayed with all did the same things...:

- someone in the group would start the quest WAY early. Nobody was ready and by the time everyone else entered the rest of the group got very little XP rewards, and very low valued loot from chests if they got any loot at all.

- The group would all start the quest at the same time but then someone in the group would run off way ahead of everyone else, get in to trouble because they initiated a battle they couldn't handle themselves (that the group could have taken care of easily), and die. Therefore when the rest of the group got to where they died the entire group also died. Each group member is a keystone in the group's strength. If one dies the entire group usually dies. I know this happens from time to time anyway...but it happening repeatidly and done by the same person after the rest of the group asking them not to go so far ahead and getting us all killed...? There should be an option to resolve that scenario; get rid of the rusher.

- 2 people in the group, instead of playing and enjoying the game, would be constantly arguing over stupid stuff (like being asked to "Wait up, stay with the group please." by all of the other members). This ruins the entire group's experience. One person is being reasonable and rational, the other is just plain being a pain. To be a pain.

It was not that I was being slow. These people would not even wait for the other 5 of us to repair and sell our gear and loot between quests. Or allow everyone time to get fully healed if we had to recall. They also would not wait for our wizards and sorcerers to take the 1 or 2 minutes it takes to memorize spells the group needed for the quests we were doing. Because of them "zerging" the wizards and sorcerers would die first, then the healers, then the fighters and the quest never got completed until a team focussed group was formed without that person. Hours of game time for 5 of 6 people...wasted. If the option to remove were enhanced we would have had hours of enjoyable and progressive game time.

The player(s) I'm complaining about and suggesting this for to resolve would rush off into the quest and severely penalize everyone elses XP, Loot, and Gaming Experience. I'm suggesting an option to enhance everyone's group experience so people like this, who don't participate as a team member in a group, won't have many options on who they play with after a while or they'll have to change their playing style - either play solo, or learn to team with a group appropriately.

Why join a group if you're going to play selfishly? It's useless, inappropriate, and there should be options for mature and rational players like myself to avoid having players like that in our groups.

There has to be a solution. Maybe my suggestion isn't it but I believe it's a very good one that won't be hard to code into the game. There are ways it can be done. Like maybe not allow a quest to start until the entire group is in the dungeon if the developers don't agree to enhance the removal feature.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM

It was removed due to jerks booting people at the end of a quest to make room for a buddy who wanted a completion....

It doesnt take long to realize 1 person is not runnign the quest the way you want to lead it...

I see. I'm new to ddo so I'm not familiar with the features it has had in the past. And that was an easy resolution, eh? Thanks for the reply..!

The recall, Break up, and reform thing is very hard to accomplish.

Almost every other online game I've ever played has this kind of feature where you have the option to avoid playing with people that ruin your fun and progress. This game is the best RPG I've ever played to date. I'd like to be able to avoid players I don't want to play with. And be able to ignore them in the game completely if need be.

Impaqt
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I see. I'm new to ddo so I'm not familiar with the features it has had in the past. And that was an easy resolution, eh? Thanks for the reply..!

The recall, Break up, and reform thing is very hard to accomplish.

Almost every other online game I've ever played has this kind of feature where you have the option to avoid playing with people that ruin your fun and progress. This game is the best RPG I've ever played to date. I'd like to be able to avoid players I don't want to play with. And be able to ignore them in the game completely if need be.

DDO Does indeed have that. Its called Squeltch.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Really? I've had people Squelched by accident and they were still able to contact me.
Thanks for the tip! But it apparently doesn't work the way it's supposed to. LOL

CaseStringer
10-02-2009, 05:29 PM
We have all ran into these same issues after playing this game for quite a long while.

If someone in the group was halfway through the quest by themself before the rest of the Party even got to the quest, just boot him and get another. What's worse is when you are in a long quest and someone starts acting out or ignores the groups requests for teamplay. The best way to handle this @tm is still to recall out and reform w/out the offender.

We've all been there before. It is what it is...

Peace,
Case.

Mr_Ed7
10-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I did not bother to read the reply in the form of a Wall of Text spell, but the system is not broken.

What do you do when the leader lacks skills...vote him off the island?

Magnicallus
10-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Really.....?? Thats going into my sig...

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 I admit that I take it very seriously, and sometimes even personally, at times.

You should take it personally, it is your fault that you didnt make your wishes known and that all understood. You got your entire group killed because you cannot say "This group is GOING to stay in the same demographic area; NOT aggro anything else until the entire party is ready; And WILL NOT start the instance until all party members are present."

Furthermore i would like an option to where if a group leader fails more than 3 times to express his thoughts clearly then we can boot him to WOW

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 This post came from an experience I had last night while playing. Of which I was the group leader and I had specifically advertized my group by including the comment "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!!!!"

Once again poor communication...Put "NO ZERGING" or "WITH OPTIONALS" in your lfm.

You mean "worked as a Team the way YOU think they should". This is your fault as a group leaer for not making your wishes known verbaly or in chat. Im a zerger no doubt but if I know the leader wants a slow; optionals; everyone play thier specific role and no more, then im fine with that. Its thier party.

Your LFM is confusing as everyone in DDO plays in a team. Its a team designed game. You should have had everyone know their roles before leaving the tavern. If it took you ten times to get your group make up perfect, then you sir should not be leading groups.

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 - someone in the group would start the quest WAY early. Nobody was ready and by the time everyone else entered the rest of the group got very little XP rewards, and very low valued loot from chests if they got any loot at all.

How hard is it to say, when someone joins, "Please wait until everyone gets there to start said quest"

Communication, communication, communication....

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 "Each group member is a keystone in the group's strength."

What exactly is YOUR STRENGTH??

Or get rid of the partly leader ...

There is an option, its called communication; try it. If that doesnt work there is always a backpack slot open or just leave the stone. Look at that, 3 options right there, and you cant come up with one. You starting a guild anytime soon??

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 - 2 people in the group, instead of playing and enjoying the game, would be constantly arguing over stupid stuff (like being asked to "Wait up, stay with the group please." by all of the other members). This ruins the entire group's experience. One person is being reasonable and rational, the other is just plain being a pain. To be a pain.

Seems to me that if you would have made you wishes know better before starting said quest then no one would be unhappy or arguing about waiting because they would have known to stick together.

Of course not you're a zerger..

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 These people would not even wait for the other 5 of us to repair and sell our gear and loot between quests.

Was this a raid?? When you say THESE PEOPLE would not wait, you again misrepresent what you are trying to say. 6 poeple make a party, 5 are repairing.
Did someone have a pet?? Who are these people?? Once again, if your wishes were known when they joined the group, this would never have been a problem.

REROLL......

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 Hours of game time for 5 of 6 people...wasted.

Wow, just imagine if you would explained things a little better. Maybe you wouldnt have wasted eveyone's time.

If the option to remove were available I would have waited until just before completion and booted you just to make a point!

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 Why join a group if you're going to play selfishly? It's useless, inappropriate, and there should be options for mature and rational players like myself to avoid having players like that in our groups.

Why start a group and hold people to expectations that you never verbalized. Then bash them in a public forum.

[QUOTE=Bortbort;2457132 Like maybe not allow a quest to start until the entire group is in the dungeon if the developers don't agree to enhance the removal feature.[/QUOTE]

It took you 4000 characters to actually make a valid point..not a bad idea.

Color text not working :0(

foxx
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I did not bother to read the reply in the form of a Wall of Text spell, but the system is not broken.

Ohhhh, i like it.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM

Yes. In America, and some other countries, there is such a thing called Impeachment.
But there are lazy and ignorant people (like people that voice their opinion without being completely informed on the subject - like YOU...lol) in the United States that just simply don't care enough about themselves, or their country to do anything about it.

I do care. And I do what I am able to. I'm one of the strong, hard working, and educated.

Magnicallus
10-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes. In America, and some other countries, there is such a thing called Impeachment.
But there are lazy and ignorant people (like people that voice their opinion without being completely informed on the subject - like YOU...lol) in the United States that just simply don't care enough about themselves, or their country to do anything about it..

Thats it, do it for your country. everyone loves a patriot.

I do care. And I do what I am able to. I'm one of the strong, hard working, and educated..

So strong and educated that you could not express your thoughts clearly to 6 people! Not once, not twice, but 10 TIMES. Cracker jacks dont count. Get your money back.....

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Haha and you're so well educated with so much mental power that you can't even read the first 2 lines of what I replied to you. Read it again. 'Sam I am'!!! I covered that.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 07:48 PM
It took you 4000 characters to actually make a valid point..not a bad idea.
867 words
4630 characters
You were close. But a little off. Read my post. This is in my original reply to you:

I had specifically advertized my group by including the comment "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!!!!"
It even starts on the first line of what I replied to your comment....

My original post was a well written suggestion, MEANT FOR THE DEVELOPERS TO REVIEW, not the players in the community that do the things my suggestion is complaining about. Are you a Developer of the game, Magnicallus? I highly doubt it by the unfortunate lack of organization probelms your replies reveal you have.

I'm not here to insult. But if you're going to fire away at me...you'll get it right back. However I won't play the kid games forever either.

If I deserved it I would understand. I do have the realization that not everyone is as mature about gaming as I am .....

Really.....?? Thats going into my sig... Glad you're capable of using the sig area. Try reading the full post so your replies don't make you look so ignorant. And before being insulted...look up the word ignorant so you're sure you know what I mean.

I admit that I take it very seriously, and sometimes even personally, at times.

You should take it personally, it is your fault that you didnt make your wishes known and that all understood. You got your entire group killed because you cannot say "This group is GOING to stay in the same demographic area; NOT aggro anything else until the entire party is ready; And WILL NOT start the instance until all party members are present."

As I said in my original post, and in my reply to you, so this is the third time I'm saying it, and you're probably not going to read it again unless I make it nice big text so it gets through the ignorance fog:
I ADVERTISED MY GROUP AS BEING FOR "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!"
And I did enter then arrow key a message to players when they joined saying something like: "If you're not going to play with us as a team leave the group NOW. This is a team. Selfish players and people that run off on their own getting us all killed are not welcome."

How much clearer can that be? Is it clear enough for you, Magnicallus? If it's clear enough for you...a monkey should understand it. So...NEXT!! (?)
Read my post before replying please.

But in the end it is a game and it is to be enojoyed. If some jerk is ruining the entire group's game experience...I'm suggesting an option to allow group the group leader to remove them and stop them from ruinning everyone elses fun.

Furthermore i would like an option to where if a group leader fails more than 3 times to express his thoughts clearly then we can boot him to WOW
WoW sucks. I never have played it and never will. I've also told you numerous times now that I did advertise my group correctly.

This post came from an experience I had last night while playing. Of which I was the group leader and I had specifically advertized my group by including the comment "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!!!!"

Once again poor communication...Put "NO ZERGING" or "WITH OPTIONALS" in your lfm.
You obviously have a severe case of ADHD. You've said this numerous times now, and I've debunked it every time, but you still keep bringing it up. So there may also be a case of Tourrettes?

Secondly; I am new to the game. I am not familiar with the lingo, nor is any form of the word "Zerg" in any dictionary so there's no way of telling or learning what the hell that word supposidly means. It was most likely made up by ignorant kids...like the kids that call every new artist that hits the charts since 2001 "Punk" music. Not knowing what real Punk music is. (Sex Pistols, Sick of it All, Misfits, etc). It's not even a word. Nor does it have any resemblance to the scenario of someone rushing through a quest without their team mates. I'll remain intelligent and refrain from using it due to those facts. "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!" should do it....

Throughout the night I went through TEN different groups until I found one that actually worked as a team the way they should.

You mean "worked as a Team the way YOU think they should". This is your fault as a group leaer for not making your wishes known verbaly or in chat. Im a zerger no doubt but if I know the leader wants a slow; optionals; everyone play thier specific role and no more, then im fine with that. Its thier party.

Are you new to the game too? Do you not know the general base for how a 6 member adventuring party *should* work...together...as a team? In the event that you don't, which seems quite obvious, here's how it, generally, should work:

Fighter and Barbarian Class: Attacker, uses class skills to try and take most of the damage from enemies as well as kill most enemies. The Attacker's main goal is to keep enemies away from the other classes in their party, especially Wizards and their Priest/Cleric.

Rogue: Scout, Lock Picker, Secret Door Finder, Trap Disabling, Helps Attackers defeat enemies with sneak attacks whenever possible.

Paladin: Attacker assistance, Backup Healer and Ressurections, Uses Undead class abilities to help the team remove Undead opponents quickly.

Cleric: Healer, uses class specific spells to heal and enhance the team's effectiveness.

Wizard: Spell Caster, Usually stays a safe distance from the actual battle using both defensive and offensive spells to help the Attack team defeat opponents quickly. Also helps Rogue's with their abilities (like the Knock Spell).

Ranger: Usually stands near the Wizard's in the adventuring party to protect them with their ranged weapons keeping enemies that get past the attackers as far away from them as possible.

I've played on paper for a long time. Limited to 6 players per group (I know this game isn't - Raid Party) this is probably one of the best ways of doing it...in my opinion...and there are millions of people I've played with, in online RPG's and on paper, that agree. Sorry if you don't feel the same, Magnicallus. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Maybe you should try this strategy though...give it a shot. It will make your questing adventures go a lot more smoothly.

Your LFM is confusing as everyone in DDO plays in a team. Its a team designed game. You should have had everyone know their roles before leaving the tavern. If it took you ten times to get your group make up perfect, then you sir should not be leading groups.

Nobody should have to be told their "role". They should automatically know what their role is according to their characters class. If they don't, then maybe they shouldn't be using that class. Or ask for advice on what their classes role usually is.

- someone in the group would start the quest WAY early. Nobody was ready and by the time everyone else entered the rest of the group got very little XP rewards, and very low valued loot from chests if they got any loot at all.

How hard is it to say, when someone joins, "Please wait until everyone gets there to start said quest"
What is this? 6 or 8 times you've gone back to this? I'm not typing it again after this. I TOLD THE OFFENDERS, SEVERAL TIMES; "Please stay together as a group." AND THE ADVERTISING FOR THE GROUP BLUNTLY SAID; "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!!" and they still did it.

So, and my reasoning for posting this suggestion, I feel that there should be a way to avoid having players ruin quests for an entire group.

- The group would all start the quest at the same time but then someone in the group would run off way ahead of everyone else, get in to trouble because they initiated a battle they couldn't handle themselves (that the group could have taken care of easily), and die. Therefore when the rest of the group got to where they died the entire group also died.

THIS COMMENT WAS DELETED. It's been covered enough for a monkey to grasp the fact that I did more than enough "communicating".

"Each group member is a keystone in the group's strength."

What exactly is YOUR STRENGTH??

I have a good fighter character and a growing wizard. What are your strengths?

If one dies the entire group usually dies. I know this happens from time to time anyway...but it happening repeatidly and done by the same person after the rest of the group asking them not to go so far ahead and getting us all killed...?
There should be an option to resolve that scenario; get rid of the rusher.

THE COMMENT MADE TO THIS POORLY QUOTED STATEMENT OF MINE HAS ALSO BEEN REMOVED. BECAUSE THIS WOULD BE ABOUT THE 10TH TIME IT'S BEEN COVERED AND DEBUNKED.

- 2 people in the group, instead of playing and enjoying the game, would be constantly arguing over stupid stuff (like being asked to "Wait up, stay with the group please." by all of the other members). This ruins the entire group's experience. One person is being reasonable and rational, the other is just plain being a pain. To be a pain.

~ THE 11th TIME DELETED. Dude...you have very poor communication skills...take your advice for yourself! And read the posts in it's entirety, numerous times if you have to until you understand them, before replying.

It was not that I was being slow.

Of course not you're a zerger..
Speak English please. And try a spelling and grammar checking program if you're going to try to bash at someone skilled in those areas. This is an mainly English speaking forum. "Zerger" is not a word in the English dictionary. Nor does any form of the word exist in the English language.

Secondly; I was the wizard who got left behind because, as the rest of the group, I was in a tavern healing, repairing, selling, and memorizing spells as the rusher rushed into other quests without us by them selves.

These people would not even wait for the other 5 of us to repair and sell our gear and loot between quests.

Was this a raid?? When you say THESE PEOPLE would not wait, you again misrepresent what you are trying to say. 6 poeple make a party, 5 are repairing.
Did someone have a pet?? Who are these people?? Once again, if your wishes were known when they joined the group, this would never have been a problem.

~ the 12th time. Sir, I believe they do make some medication that helps with ADHD (attention span disorders). Try some. Do you smoke a lot of weed? LOL!! Maybe that's it...
This happened numerous times, in numerous parties that I both formed and joined. Hence "these people".

~ 13th time. Annoying...

~14

Like maybe not allow a quest to start until the entire group is in the dungeon if the developers don't agree to enhance the removal feature.[/QUOTE]

Color text not working :0(
Try the help/faq portion of the forum. And read it a few times, maybe 1000? So you understand how to do it. It does work. Red - Blue - Green - Yellow
See?
Works fine.

Your problem is between the keyboard and the chair, Magnicallus.

The communication skills you keep talking about, that you yourself heavily lack, are an issue for you. The pot calling the kettle black. Please read the posts so you understand them before replying.

Zippo
10-02-2009, 08:01 PM
THERE ARE NO VICTOMS IN DDO!!

Not TRUE!!! Think about the poor kobolds we innocently slaughter everyday for our amusement.

Ohhh sorry went off on my own there again.

Angelus_dead
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
My original post was a well written suggestion, MEANT FOR THE DEVELOPERS TO REVIEW, not the players in the community that do the things my suggestion is complaining about. Are you a Developer of the game, Magnicallus? I highly doubt it by the unfortunate lack of organization probelms your replies reveal you have.
What a foolish thing to say.

And I did enter then arrow key a message to players when they joined saying something like: "If you're not going to play with us as a team leave the group NOW. This is a team. Selfish players and people that run off on their own getting us all killed are not welcome."
Methodologically invalid. There is only one side of the experience being presented here, yours. It is impossible for outsiders to tell if your whines are accurate, or if your own limited observation skills are tainting it.

In the game of DDO it is tactically important to move forward at a fast rate, because the group has limited resources between shrines and buffs expire after a few minutes, especially at low levels. For all we can tell, it is possible that the opposite party of your complaint was sitting at his computer wondering why YOU were failing to play as a team by coming to help him fight the monsters.

WoW sucks. I never have played it and never will.
Pro tip: It doesn't help to disparage something while at the same time admitting ignorance of it. To do so demonstrates a willingness to make unfounded statements, which undermines other claims you might make.

You obviously have a severe case of ADHD. You've said this numerous times now, and I've debunked it every time, but you still keep bringing it up. So there may also be a case of Tourrettes?
Simple tip: To insult another user is against the rules of this forum, and you can be banned. There isn't an exception for the insult being accurate, which can create an obstacle to accurate evaluation.

Here's a quick guide. Compare these two replies:
1. "That's an illogical thing to say. You must not really have been paying attention"
2. "You're stupid. You must be blind"

Secondly; I am new to the game. I am not familiar with the lingo, nor is any form of the word "Zerg" in any dictionary so there's no way of telling or learning what the hell that word supposidly means.
That is untrue. The word "zerg" actually is in dictionaries (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zerg%20rush), as anyone with a web browser could easily determine. In addition, the word "zerg" is a standard part of video game design and evaluation, so to not recognize the meaning suggests that you haven't learned much about the subject.

Paladin: Attacker assistance, Backup Healer and Ressurections, Uses Undead class abilities to help the team remove Undead opponents quickly.

Ranger: Usually stands near the Wizard's in the adventuring party to protect them with their ranged weapons keeping enemies that get past the attackers as far away from them as possible.
Pro tip: Before making suggestions to change something, it's a good idea to have a basic understanding of how that subject currently exists. That will both increase the probability of the suggestion being useful, and also make people who read the suggestion more likely to take it seriously.

Angelus_dead
10-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Do you have a suggestion as to how that might be accomplished, especially as to how the game software will determine who is "inappropriate"?

MrCow
10-02-2009, 08:59 PM
The word "zerg" actually is in dictionaries (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zerg%20rush)

Is urban dictionary really a good place to go for definitions? :)

Angelus_dead
10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Is urban dictionary really a good place to go for definitions?
If you are completely clueless, then nearly anything would help... and the etymology on that page is accurate.

Magnicallus
10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
867 words
4630 characters
You were close. But a little off. Read my post.

And I have ADHD??

Try reading the full post so your replies don't make you look so ignorant. And before being insulted...look up the word ignorant so you're sure you know what I mean.

Carefull that is close to and insult and therefore may get you banned..

As I said in my original post, and in my reply to you, so this is the third time I'm saying it, and you're probably not going to read it again unless I make it nice big text so it gets through the ignorance fog:
I ADVERTISED MY GROUP AS BEING FOR "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!"

How much clearer can that be? Is it clear enough for you, Magnicallus? If it's clear enough for you...a monkey should understand it. So...NEXT!! (?)
Read my post before replying please.

lol. Well lets see.... You were in 10 groups that didnt understand you times 6 people(and I include you in the calculation because it is obvious that you are the one that is lost) = 60 people that could not understand what you were talking about.

WoW sucks. I never have played it and never will. I've also told you numerous times now that I did advertise my group correctly.

According to whom.....And I have told you that if you want people to understand you that you need to put "No Zerging" or "All Optionals" in the lfm because "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY" means nothing to the the DDO community. You post repeatedly why I keep telling you the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and yet when I dont you fail to grasp the information that is presented to you.

Carefull, strike two...

Secondly; I am new to the game. I am not familiar with the lingo, nor is any form of the word "Zerg" in any dictionary so there's no way of telling or learning what the hell that word supposidly means. It was most likely made up by ignorant kids...like the kids that call every new artist that hits the charts since 2001 "Punk" music. Not knowing what real Punk music is. (Sex Pistols, Sick of it All, Misfits, etc). It's not even a word. Nor does it have any resemblance to the scenario of someone rushing through a quest without their team mates. I'll remain intelligent and refrain from using it due to those facts. "TEAM PLAYERS ONLY!!!" should do it..

Quote:Originally Posted by Bortbort
Because of them "zerging" the wizards and sorcerers would die first, then the healers, then the fighters and the quest never got completed until a team focussed group was formed without that person. Hours of game time for 5 of 6 people...wasted. If the option to remove were enhanced we would have had hours of enjoyable and progressive game time.

Thank you for remaining intelligent....

Are you new to the game too? Do you not know the general base for how a 6 member adventuring party *should* work...together...as a team? In the event that you don't, which seems quite obvious, here's how it, generally, should work:

Fighter and Barbarian Class: Attacker, uses class skills to try and take most of the damage from enemies as well as kill most enemies. The Attacker's main goal is to keep enemies away from the other classes in their party, especially Wizards and their Priest/Cleric.

Rogue: Scout, Lock Picker, Secret Door Finder, Trap Disabling, Helps Attackers defeat enemies with sneak attacks whenever possible.

Oh boy...

Cleric: Healer, uses class specific spells to heal and enhance the team's effectiveness.

You obviously dont know Gregorius...

Wizard: Spell Caster, Usually stays a safe distance from the actual battle using both defensive and offensive spells to help the Attack team defeat opponents quickly. Also helps Rogue's with their abilities (like the Knock Spell).

You have a lot to learn about DDO

Nope...

I've played on paper for a long time. Limited to 6 players per group (I know this game isn't - Raid Party) this is probably one of the best ways of doing it...in my opinion...and there are millions of people I've played with, in online RPG's and on paper, that agree. Sorry if you don't feel the same, Magnicallus. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Maybe you should try this strategy though...give it a shot. It will make your questing adventures go a lot more smoothly.

Great information... Except this is not PNP, this is DDO. All those restrictions you put on said classes do not apply here.

Nobody should have to be told their "role". They should automatically know what their role is according to their characters class. If they don't, then maybe they shouldn't be using that class. Or ask for advice on what their classes role usually is.

Seems to me that since you are new to game you should be asking what your "Role" is and not telling everyone else what theirs should be.

I have a good fighter character and a growing wizard. What are your strengths?

I find people like you that have no clue what they are talking about and try to lead them in the right direction.

Secondly; I was the wizard who got left behind because, as the rest of the group, I was in a tavern healing, repairing, selling, and memorizing spells as the rusher rushed into other quests without us by them selves.

OK! Now a lil truth. You are new to the game and should ask for directions and help. You will be welcomed by the community with open arms. Most vets love to help out new guys and show them the ropes. Putting up an LFM that says "TEAM PLAYERS" so that you dont look like a newb just upsets people.

~ the 12th time. Sir, I believe they do make some medication that helps with ADHD (attention span disorders). Try some. Do you smoke a lot of weed? LOL!! Maybe that's it...

I wont warn you again....
If you want help ask for it. Comming to the forums to bash others for not knowing thier roles, when you are the person in need of clarification, angers the masses.
If you need help I will be more than happy to come to your server and show you around. What are your Server and Character names??

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:23 PM
It's not about player character roles in the game!!!!
It's about the developers creating a way for us to group ourselves with like players and avoid players we'd rather not game with in DDO.

You're just missing the point completely. And you're not a developer. Speaking of 'knowing your role'...lol...this post isn't for you! So you're ill willed comments are not appreciated.

Nor are your very poorly written replies. Or your insults. You obviously didn't read my post. You at least didn't comprehend it.
So stay out of it. It's not your place - it's not meant for you.

You also obviously don't know what ADHD is. You also, according to your replies, are the one that doesn't know a thing about Dungeon's and Dragon's characters and what their general roles are.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Is urban dictionary really a good place to go for definitions? :)

That is the "homie" dictionary. Written by anyone and everyone. Which is information that is not to be trusted.
I don't trust it, nor do I talk like that in person.

Magnicallus
10-02-2009, 09:38 PM
It's not about player character roles in the game!!!!
It's about the developers creating a way for us to group ourselves with like players and avoid players we'd rather not game with in DDO.

You're just missing the point completely. And you're not a developer. Speaking of 'knowing your role'...lol...this post isn't for you! So you're ill willed comments are not appreciated.

Nor are your very poorly written replies. Or your insults. I'm not even going to waste my time bothering trying to figure out the useless point you're trying to make with your last, very poorly quoted and written, reply.

You obviously didn't read my post. You at least didn't comprehend it.
So stay out of it. It's not your place - it's not meant for you.

Who is this post referring to?? This is a public forum. This isnt a developers email address that we all have hacked into. I have read all of your posts and have replied to all of them with pertinent information. That is how communication works, you talk I listen, I talk ....you dont listen. Wait, that doesnt sound right. Anyway, When you get back to game and are playing your amazing characters, take a min to send an IM to a player in a guild you see alot of, and ask for a tour. You have tried your way to no avail now try asking for help instead of bashing other players. Im sure someone as strong and educated as yourself can learn from their own mistakes.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Do you have a suggestion as to how that might be accomplished, especially as to how the game software will determine who is "inappropriate"?

I'm not suggesting for them to create a way for the software to determine a whether a group member inappropriate or not. I'm suggesting they allow players to group themselves with like-minded players, and create a way to avoid players that have a different playing style. Especially if it hinders anyone's gaming experience or progress within the game.

Which has been answered previously by a hall of famer that it used to be in the game that it could be done but it was removed by the developers with reason. And I was satisfied with that.
Then this Magnaperson has to put his unappreciated two cents in, which includes info about the game that couldn't be more inaccurate. And insults.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Please just stay out of this post, Magnicallus.
Your information is not accurate. I have played with groups the way I've described and it works perfectly.
Have you ever read D&D's player guides? This IS D&D! Maybe you should. It seems a lot of players have their own way of doing things, which is fine. I have mine, and I'm entitled to it. You have no bearing or authority to tell me I'm wrong.

This is also the suggestions post. I am one of the top developers for php forums and applications. I run and participate on many sites that provide technical support for forums like these. Suggestion sections are usually meant for Staff, Admin, or Developers. Are you Staff, Developer, Or Admin? No.

So this post isn't for you. And as I said I don't appreciate your information because I don't feel it's correct. Take it as that. And leave me alone.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:54 PM

Great answer! That's appreciated! Not staff or admin but obviously a seasoned and veteran player that knows what they're talking about. Thank you, Impaqt.

Magnicallus
10-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm not suggesting for them to create a way for the software to determine a whether a group member inappropriate or not. I'm suggesting they allow players to group themselves with like-minded players, and create a way to avoid players that have a different playing style. Especially if it hinders anyone's gaming experience or progress within the game..

And that sir is what the LFM Panel is for.... I've been trying to help you with the game LINGO and just when I think you have learned something...BAM

What I see is that you are standing at the shrine, with no clue what is going on for five minutes, while the rest of the party is clearing the dungeon.

Then this Magnaperson has to put his unappreciated two cents in, which includes info about the game that couldn't be more inaccurate. And insults.[/QUOTE]

Umm ...what info about the game did I give that was inaccurate?? That is completely bogus. 95% of my posts are used to help new players in game.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Your feeling is certainly understandable and I think most of us have been there. At one point it was like you describe and it was changed to the present mech because there used to be wankers who would do things like are described in some of the other posts. It is, indeed, better now.

Personally, I feel there should be a group vote mechanic for booting. I don't want to leave it in the leader's hands, but if there is someone creating such an issue a 5-1 vote resolves most any griefing issues.

Even beyond the issues of wankers in groups there are other, more innocuous issues that a boot would be useful for. How many folks have had someone go afk an never come back? Or fall asleep/pass out at the keyboard?

Anyway, thems my 2 cents.

Another nice, respecatble, and containing true information post that's highly appreciated. Thank you, Bogenbroom!
A vote/kick option is another idea I had if this actually got any attention from staff or developers. There'll always be jerks and wankers in on-line games and in forums...therefore I believe there should also be ways to avoid and ignore them.

Bortbort
10-02-2009, 10:03 PM
And that sir is what the LFM Panel is for.... I've been trying to help you with the game LINGO and just when I think you have learned something...BAM

What I see is that you are standing at the shrine, with no clue what is going on for five minutes, while the rest of the party is clearing the dungeon.

Then this Magnaperson has to put his unappreciated two cents in, which includes info about the game that couldn't be more inaccurate. And insults.

Umm ...what info about the game did I give that was inaccurate?? That is completely bogus. 95% of my posts are used to help new players in game.

*sigh* they never give up do they?
If you're so great on the forums...why don't you have more rank than someone that just joined? It's most likely because, like your info, that is false information as well. You've been a member a lot longer than I have. Even longer than some of the people that replied with truly good answers for me that didn't even come near an attempt at insulting me.

Again...you haven't read my posts. That is more than obvious. You're seeing what you want to see, not what I've posted. Please read my posts if you're going to continue! You're obviously not going to stop. But I won't accept your information either for reasons I've explained and proven previously.

Again (again) this post is not for you. Your input is not appreciated. So please stay out of it, and leave me alone.

edit: Fixed Magnicallus' bbcoding error. (proof that you're not all that great on the forums, Magnicallus...so leave me alone!)

Letrii
10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
One way to deal with zergers, and no not talking about the pos DA system, is to allow leader to implement a leash. Would work similar to how soulstone summons you back if you go too far away. Let leader designate a distance you are allowed to stray from center of group. Go further then that and poof you get summoned back instantly, no 10 sec timer.

foxx
10-04-2009, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Magnicallus;2457300]Really.....?? Thats going into my sig...

do you really think people are going to sift through all that text or just skip it.