PDA

View Full Version : Epic Feedback: An Offering of Blood

Tolero
09-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Tell us about your experiences in the new epic difficulty of the quest An Offering of Blood!

HeavenlyCloud
10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Insane, granted there was only 2 of us there but 20-30 mins to take out the first named scorp was truly epic. A little extreme in my opinion but we'll see when we get a full party there.

Milamber69
10-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Insane, granted there was only 2 of us there but 20-30 mins to take out the first named scorp was truly epic. A little extreme in my opinion but we'll see when we get a full party there.

Depends who the 2nd person was, if it was Mhykke, I agree, its probably a little extreme. However, if it was Bo, you could of done it by yourself a lot faster, less time healing and rezzing him.

Lithic
10-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Depends who the 2nd person was, if it was Mhykke, I agree, its probably a little extreme. However, if it was Bo, you could of done it by yourself a lot faster, less time healing and rezzing him.

2nd person couldn't have been milamber then, as they would still be in the desert, looking for the entrance to the quest :D

Milamber69
10-10-2009, 06:47 AM
2nd person couldn't have been milamber then, as they would still be in the desert, looking for the entrance to the quest :D

Well played sir. +1 rep

KaKa
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I was there as well. That first scorpion had really high AC. On a my ranger I could not get anything better then a grazing hit and I was pushing around a 50-60 in my rolls to-hit. This quest is very very difficult but I agree with blah I cannot make a true evaluation until I set in with what I would consider a top notch group and also be full.

sirgog
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I was there as well. That first scorpion had really high AC. On a my ranger I could not get anything better then a grazing hit and I was pushing around a 50-60 in my rolls to-hit. This quest is very very difficult but I agree with blah I cannot make a true evaluation until I set in with what I would consider a top notch group and also be full.

Did you turn off Power Attack (and Combat Expertise if you are a build with it)?

(not being a smartass, I want to know just how high these ACs are)

MrCow
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
So, after doing Chamber of Raiyum I decided to hit Offering of Blood next. This was once again as a 20th level Warforged Sorcerer and was done completely alone this time.

With one epic quest completion under my belt and a metric ton of An Offering of Blood completions on the lesser difficulties I realized that my spells were once again going to be limited to a select few to carry me through. My first step was to take out the pack of 8 desert scorpions before grabbing the Offering of Blood.

Desert Scorpion - CR 32
Being vermin, I wasn't able to use any enchantment spells. I instead used a mix of cloudkill (poison-based acid damage), wall of fire, waves of exhaustion (to slow them down) and web (which landed about half the time on exhausted scorpions, DC 31 web). If a scorpion got trapped I usually popped a Staff of Arcane Power's Ray of Enfeeblement, which generally held the thing down for about 12 seconds everytime it got caught in the web.

With the room cleared it was time to take down the first major hurdle, the Aspect of Wrath.

Aspect of Wrath - CR 42
The big-daddy of vermin. It does melee damage in the 70's and still has a pretty good movement speed. Interestingly enough though, the Aspect of Wrath does not have DR/Adamantine like on Normal, Hard, or Elite. A whack with my Dreamsplitter did full damage (for a grazing hit :D). It took about 16 Maximized/Empowered/Extended Walls of Fire to take it down (average output of 4560 damage per wall), which puts it at around 72500 HP.

And once the large scorpion of evil went down, hell breaks loose. Due to that, I don't have much in the way of monster specific notes (CR's in the 38-41 range, a few notes detailed later on) as I was generally too busy running for my life in green/yellow/orange/red dungeon alert until I got to the Aspect of the Hunter. Also, to note, the fire traps on the stretch to the next Aspect now have gust trap elements too, which I found to my advantage as I blew drow and scorrow down into the pit area. :)

The large herd of things I had in tow was managable only through the sheer fact that even with +60ish% movement speed on red alert, Waves of Exhaustion allowed me to still outpace things enough to move through. It was still tricky at times having a large bonfire in the room of the Avatar of the Hunter.

Aspect of the Hunter - CR 42
Another long and exhausting use of Wall of Fire. HP in the ~80000 range. Because on previous difficulties he did nasty things like Hamstring I didn't let myself to get hit to see if he has any new tricks up his claws. Much like how the Aspect of Wrath lost it's DR/Adamantine in translation to Epic, the Aspect of the Hunter does not have evasion on Epic. *shrugs*

I skipped all the chests and just worried on getting past the next set of critters to the shrine. At around the 3rd lever I had to kill things, which took me a few minutes, or I risked being overwhelmed going any further. Being a lot of the stuff past the Aspect of the Hunter does not respawn, it seemed like a worthwhile thing to do.

After lowering the first drawbridge I used the shrine and sat for 5 minutes, allowing Dungeon Alert to clear from the evil red state to completely empty. The lightning traps, like the prior fire traps, have a gust element to them to blow you off and hit in the 200 range. It took a couple tries to get up, but I did have the element of humor on my side as scorpions got blown off with me (I'm surprised that having an epic scorpion fly into your face doesn't cause extra damage ;)).

I kept the second drawbridge up, I didn't want the nasties from earlier chasing me. From this point on I cleared up to the last room. Web, at DC 31, was trapping critters enough that even solo it was worth casting to get a bit of safety as I took things down.

The Aspect of Cunning was looking large and in charge, standing around 12 feet tall, so I knew something had to be up. Low and behold, he now has some new pets.

Mystery Drow Pets - CR 41
Well, I'm not going to disclose every single thing in this quest. ;)
The fact that they come in a pack of 4, are immune to a lot of things (but surprisingly not web or glitterdust) and move at around +75% run speed though... it is an interesting fight.

After the death of the new pets of the Aspect of Cunning it is a square-off as usual, 2 annoying scorrow and the Aspect itself.

Aspect of Cunning - CR 41
He is packing some fairly potent arcanistry now that the spells are as-if maximized and empowered, including Chain Lightning (which seems to be rather hard to dodge), Otiluke's, Fire Shield (Fire Version), Flesh to Stone, Mass Hold Person, and Disintegration. The HP range was around 80000ish again, I think. I died a couple times on him and lost track.

And with that, all was silent. Before me was the epic chest!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00052-2.jpg

I opened it and prayed for epic-like things...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00053-1.jpg

... and got epic junk! :mad:
Oh well.

After the epic chest is opened another thing appeared over the chest.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00054-2.jpg

It looks like they work as a collectable bag deal, allowing each player to click on it to obtain their token.

Also, I went up and delivered the Offering of Blood to Calyx. Although, I think there be bugs here as the quest does not complete.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00055-2.jpg

Like in Chamber of Raiyum, and doubly so because this quest features respawns, the current HP for monsters falls beyond challenge, into tedium, and on respawning things to insanity. In a quest where dungeon alert is easy to acquire it is often too much.

*Other notes of interest*

I had two more scrolls drop. One was from a Desert Scorpion who dropped a Scroll of Gloves of the Falcon.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00041.jpg

The Avatar of Wrath was generous enough to drop a Scroll of Staff of the Inner Sight. Considering that is a Chains of Flame item I think the scroll part of epic items aren't quest specific.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00042-3.jpg

Also, casters, fear not. Spell Resistance wasn't inflated to super-uber-monster-insane-stupid-koboldtastic-inflated levels. I found the average Spell Resistance of the drow to be around 36. Enough that you fail some spells, but still have reasonable success punching through.

Some monsters got upgrades to old attacks as well. For instance Cursed Sting of Vulkoor bypasses Poison Immunity:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00045-1.jpg

Slicing Blow also got an upgrade to Gaping Wound, which is 0:12 duration and does about 40 damage every 3 seconds.

Lastly, I find this part comical:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/Ukenburger/Forum/ScreenShot00048-2.jpg

He is epic and what are his first to spells to cast? Fox's Cunning and Mage Armor! ;)

Angelus_dead
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
So, after doing Chamber of Raiyum I decided to hit Offering of Blood next. This was once again as a 20th level Warforged Sorcerer and was done completely alone this time.
Completion time?

MrCow
10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Completion time?

Approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'd have an actual time for you, but the quest didn't complete.

Angelus_dead
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes. I'd have an actual time for you, but the quest didn't complete.
For comparison, I just did a normal run with 15% striding in 8 minutes, which is about twice what a decent duo would need. 40 times longer.

SteeleTrueheart
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
MrCow

It may be tedium to you, but seriously, the fact that you can complete this EPIC quest SOLO means there will probably be changes and doesn't really seem to make it as EPIC as it is supposed to be.

Angelus_dead
10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
It may be tedium to you, but seriously, the fact that you can complete this EPIC quest SOLO means there will probably be changes and doesn't really seem to make it as EPIC as it is supposed to be.
Well yeah, there is an enormous difference between tedium and challenge, even though those concepts can be connected.

Because he had unlimited time and resources, as long as he can make some forward advancement on each entry, he'll eventually win. With respawns (or healing mobs), there is a chance someone could fail to make progress, but in a typical quest you could eventually win as long as you damage a hitpoint from the enemy on each run.

For a simple change, if you reduced the monster hp to 20% and gave them +25% movement and attack rate, and let them pop an "epic cure potion" for +500 hp every 10 sec, then the tedium would go down and the challenge would go up: it is faster and more exciting for people who can complete, but a smaller percentage of groups are actually able to succeed.

Junts
10-13-2009, 07:53 PM
MrCow

Hi, do you understand that on lamannia there is a bug that makes instances not vanish when people leave them, so Cow is going in and out of the quests ~20-40 times in order to do them by himself?

If you dont log off, your instance will stay up for days.

MrCow
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Small addendum - Even if you log off, your instance will stay up for days.

HeavenlyCloud
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM

:p instead of 5 minutes, 5 days? :D Rofl.

sephiroth1084
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi, do you understand that on lamannia there is a bug that makes instances not vanish when people leave them, so Cow is going in and out of the quests ~20-40 times in order to do them by himself?

You sure its a bug? Maybe it was Turbine's way of giving us tools to see epic content through to the end?

Shade
10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
MrCow

The way there quests are designed, completing them solo doesn't show they are too easy.

The reason is, they don't have any game over feature. You get unlimited continues.. Given this system, every quest can be beaten without any exceptional skill, but rather just trial and error, and in this case allot of persistance.

He could of re-entered 100+ times (and im sure he did at least a few) with no penalty.

IMO there should simply be a penalty to discourage heavy re-entries. Since XP doesn't matter anymoreat 20, it has to be loot.

Perhaps on the 2nd re-entry, -5 levels on your loot per re-entry (no penalty for 1). After 5 re-entries this means -20, thus no loot, and no named items either.

Doing them on solo is an quite feat.. But there shouldn't be any reward for just constant persistance without the challenge of resource management the game is designed upon.

Another suggesiton I had in another thread was to simply put in a time limit, depending on the quest length. For a short quest like offering, after say 45minuits, all monsters in the quest should respawn and any bosses fully regen, ending any chance of just grinding it out thru constant re-entries.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 01:41 AM
IMO there should simply be a penalty to discourage heavy re-entries. Since XP doesn't matter anymoreat 20, it has to be loot.

Perhaps on the 2nd re-entry, -5 levels on your loot per re-entry (no penalty for 1). After 5 re-entries this means -20, thus no loot, and no named items either.

Doing them on solo is an quite feat.. But there shouldn't be any reward for just constant persistance without the challenge of resource management the game is designed upon.

Another suggesiton I had in another thread was to simply put in a time limit, depending on the quest length. For a short quest like offering, after say 45minuits, all monsters in the quest should respawn and any bosses fully regen, ending any chance of just grinding it out thru constant re-entries.

Both poor ideas. Someone completing this in such a way is either expending a lot of their own resources (gold in the form of consumables, repair bills, hirelings, whatever) and time, or more likely, both. There is already a price being exacted.

People on the boards are always talking about adding money sinks to the game. Well, here's a money sink. I don't know whether MrCow would have done this on a live server (he is very enterprising, so it likely wouldn't matter), but I sure wouldn't--I'm not Scrooge MacDuck. If high-level players are penalized by reduced loot, what's the point of even running the adventure?

Further, this penalizes the more casual gamers, as those who do not have 200 mana pots and the best possible gear/team will be both without XP and loot. The quest sounds like it is already prohibitively difficult: a suitable challenge for the people who are seeking such. Why make it that much more exclusive?

A group of well-played, well-geared players will be able to get through the quest in a single attempt without expending too many resources or too much time, while a poorer group will end up sinking far more into the quest. Seems like a fair balance to me.

bobbryan2
10-14-2009, 01:58 AM
The way there quests are designed, completing them solo doesn't show they are too easy.

The reason is, they don't have any game over feature. You get unlimited continues.. Given this system, every quest can be beaten without any exceptional skill, but rather just trial and error, and in this case allot of persistance.

He could of re-entered 100+ times (and im sure he did at least a few) with no penalty.

Recalling out is its own punishment.

FluffyCalico
10-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Recalling out is its own punishment.

How? All it does is give an xp hit. You have to be a capped 20 to enter. Meaning there is no punishment for recalling out. And some of those quests even have a shrine near them. Even the ones that don't its not like a level 20 has trouble running through the desert slayer area solo.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 02:13 AM
How? All it does is give an xp hit. You have to be a capped 20 to enter. Meaning there is no punishment for recalling out. And some of those quests even have a shrine near them. Even the ones that don't its not like a level 20 has trouble running through the desert slayer area solo.

It takes time. Time to run to and from the quest. Time to return to where you left off. It also is somewhat demoralizing.

Think about how long a group will prolong taking a D-Door back to an earlier shrine even when things aren't going very well--people just don't want to do it. It's admitting that the quest is beating you, upsets the flow of the quest, the action. It allows people a real moment to consider whether they would be better off dropping from the group. And if a player died and recalled without binding nearby, that can be 5+ minutes just waiting for people to regroup.

No need to penalize people further.

bobbryan2
10-14-2009, 02:36 AM

Because it's a pain in the ass?

Shade
10-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Both poor ideas. Someone completing this in such a way is either expending a lot of their own resources (gold in the form of consumables, repair bills, hirelings, whatever)

If he did, i'm sure he realises that none were nessasary but rather all used only to speed up the process. No consumables are needed for such a build that can repair itself and damage the enemies with merely spell components, which realisticly don't cost anything.

Repair bills? hah. A single item looted from any of the chests in a epic quest will provide enough gold to cover the 10+ repairs on a typical sorc. Besides, there are no repair bills when you DD and recall out to get SP.

Hirelings on epic? lol. Never been in there im guessing.

Epic is obviosly meant to be an incredible challenge. It seems the achivement of doing it entirely wasted if even the very worst players can do it simply by spending enough time, resources and re-entries.

There's a reason almost every raid has a lockout process. There meant to be a challenge, and not a excersise on how many times you can get back into the tavern for SP. Epic mode is harder then any raid in the game, and as such should feature either the same thing, or my idea to discourage it, yet still allow it.

There's also a reason re-entry holds a peanlty for lvl 1-19. It's not something the devs expect you to do 20+ times like Mrcow has done.

I'd be happy with a lockout process like raids too. No re-entry allowed 5minuits after the quest has started would be fine imo.

I think my idea could be better tho, as it still allows people like Mrcow to do what he did, for the fun of it.. I'm betting he didn't care about the loot anyways.

Hendrik
10-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Thank you MrCow for the fantastic feedback!

You do the community justice.

/respect

MrCow
10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm betting he didn't care about the loot anyways.

I did care about the loot somewhat. I wanted to try and screenshot something interesting from the epic chest other than epic junk. :)

Shade
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I did care about the loot somewhat. I wanted to try and screenshot something interesting from the epic chest other than epic junk. :)

Well giving the nature of the system,, it will take major grinding to get enough components to upgrade a single item.

The only epic loot expect in the epic chest is a chance at shards and seals.. Which will just say "shard of the XXX".. so probably not particularly interesting for a sceenshot.

Does suck you got nothing tho. Was kind of hoping for a guarenteed drop of at least 1 shard/seal.. Without guarenteed drops, giving the huge list of desert items.. It will take a ton of runs of these quests to get enough stuff to make an epic item, let alone craft onto it.

Hopefull the droprate is very high and you were just unlucky tho.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
If he did, i'm sure he realises that none were nessasary but rather all used only to speed up the process. No consumables are needed for such a build that can repair itself and damage the enemies with merely spell components, which realisticly don't cost anything.

Repair bills? hah. A single item looted from any of the chests in a epic quest will provide enough gold to cover the 10+ repairs on a typical sorc. Besides, there are no repair bills when you DD and recall out to get SP.

Hirelings on epic? lol. Never been in there im guessing.

Epic is obviosly meant to be an incredible challenge. It seems the achivement of doing it entirely wasted if even the very worst players can do it simply by spending enough time, resources and re-entries.

There's a reason almost every raid has a lockout process. There meant to be a challenge, and not a excersise on how many times you can get back into the tavern for SP. Epic mode is harder then any raid in the game, and as such should feature either the same thing, or my idea to discourage it, yet still allow it.

There's also a reason re-entry holds a peanlty for lvl 1-19. It's not something the devs expect you to do 20+ times like Mrcow has done.

I'd be happy with a lockout process like raids too. No re-entry allowed 5minuits after the quest has started would be fine imo.

I think my idea could be better tho, as it still allows people like Mrcow to do what he did, for the fun of it.. I'm betting he didn't care about the loot anyways.

I'd be more okay with a lockout process than loot degeneration, though from what I'm reading, epic quests are going to be a huge drain on resources, and I personlly don't feel that access to dozens of mana pots or whatever should be the determining factor as to whether the quest is completable.

Even with unlimited reentry, the quest may not be beatable by just anyone--after 3 hrs, I'm sure many players would give up and go do something closer to their own skill level.

Aside from bragging rights and a challenge, what point is there in running the epic quests if not the loot? There needs to be a balance between challenge and reward in the game, especially at the end, where XP is no longer a factor (and favor likely is fairly pointless as well).

At levels 1-19 there can be a reentry penalty because there are still other rewards to be had--and if the loot isn't good enough to warrant finishing with 0 XP, most people won't. If a few reentries results in 0 loot, why complete?

Also, you scoff at the idea of repair bills, but, first of all, if you're repairing, you're not gaining as much from the looted items, but if your idea is implemented, there won't be looted items--there will be junk. And apparently weapons get worn down very quickly in epic quests.

Finally, no, I have not tried any epic quests since they are on Lama, and I refuse to go on the preview server. I have no desire to run through the freshness, the newness, of content before it's even really content as I'll want to run it on my real characters more than once, I'm sure.

maddmatt70
10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
So with all the bugs and work that the devs put into these they probably could have made multiple new quests. My question is why not just make new quests? They could have made epic level new quests if the demand was there for them.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
So with all the bugs and work that the devs put into these they probably could have made multiple new quests. My question is why not just make new quests? They could have made epic level new quests if the demand was there for them.

This probably took much less time to work on than creating new quests from scratch. It wouldn't require much time from the art team, all the collision and stuck-spot bugs have been worked out long ago...

With the 5 brand new quests, and the revamp of DQ, we will have 10 quests to work on at end game.

anatoli11
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
:p instead of 5 minutes, 5 days? :D Rofl.

Epic!

maddmatt70
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
This probably took much less time to work on than creating new quests from scratch. It wouldn't require much time from the art team, all the collision and stuck-spot bugs have been worked out long ago...

With the 5 brand new quests, and the revamp of DQ, we will have 10 quests to work on at end game.

I would agree it certainly took less work. We do not know how much less work though. This is 5 quests they added epic to which likley costs us at least 1 new quest and maybe 2 or even 3. If it was 3 less new quests then in my opinion the costs do not outweigh the benefits whereas if it was 1 it probably was worth it. Anyway that is for the devs and Turbine to weigh.

Thrudh
10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

I'm suprised Lammania hasn't ground to a halt with all those open instances...

MrCow
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm suprised Lammania hasn't ground to a halt with all those open instances...

Don't quote this as fact, but I think there is a limit of 5 or so maximum explorer areas/dungeon instances it will keep up before it starts shutting some down. I know I had a few instances of Finding the Path close on me after running several other quests.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I would agree it certainly took less work. We do not know how much less work though. This is 5 quests they added epic to which likley costs us at least 1 new quest and maybe 2 or even 3. If it was 3 less new quests then in my opinion the costs do not outweigh the benefits whereas if it was 1 it probably was worth it. Anyway that is for the devs and Turbine to weigh.

I'd agree with that.

My guess is we might have lost one quest. Just look at how many quests we've gotten per patch in the last few mods. Seems like 5 quests has become the average. So we're getting a bit more than that.

Junts
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM

And once they get it down how to 'epicify' something, it will probably be way less work for them to continue to do this in the future for other content.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 12:42 PM
And once they get it down how to 'epicify' something, it will probably be way less work for them to continue to do this in the future for other content.

One can hope. :rolleyes:

Junts
10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
One can hope. :rolleyes:

all things considered the turnaround time for this update is pretty small from release, I'd say they're on a pretty reasonable schedule here.

sephiroth1084
10-14-2009, 02:47 PM
all things considered the turnaround time for this update is pretty small from release, I'd say they're on a pretty reasonable schedule here.

It's not out yet, Junts. Don't get premature in your praise there. I'm all set to say the same, but Lama was up initially for how long, 2 months? before DDO:EU hit?

Turial
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM

Also remember that update 1 (mod 10) was likely being worked on during the whole mod 9 drag out ordeal.

Quanefel
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Also remember that update 1 (mod 10) was likely being worked on during the whole mod 9 drag out ordeal.

Actually if I remember correctly they said months ago this mod would be out soon after mod 9. Minus all the caster PrE's so far....*grumbles*

HeavenlyCloud
10-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Did this with a full party and i gotta say this quest is still really hard :O but i think it's just the nature of the quest you know with all the respawns, you really gotta pick the spots to fight carefully.

Again :( got a lot of seals, 1 scroll apparently and no shards.

Auran82
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Did this with a full party and i gotta say this quest is still really hard :O but i think it's just the nature of the quest you know with all the respawns, you really gotta pick the spots to fight carefully.

Again :( got a lot of seals, 1 scroll apparently and no shards.

Just curious, what was the party makeup, did people know each other and do you know what kind of resources were used?

HeavenlyCloud
10-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Just curious, what was the party makeup, did people know each other and do you know what kind of resources were used?

Cleric, 2 barbs, 1 caster, 1 rogue, the other party member joined late and was death the entire quest :D.

We do know each other a little bit and crazy resources since all our casting classes used all the TP's for mana potions when they were 10 mana pots for 10 TP's or something like that. (Heck even our cleric was like "hey look at me drinking potions with full mana bar)

SableShadow
10-15-2009, 11:01 PM
1 scroll apparently

Yes, the scroll for the DQ bracers. It was just lying on the deck when we were did the scorps right at the beginning, I'm not sure if it was from the Aspect when we killed it, one of the other scorps, a breakable, or divine intervention.

HeavenlyCloud
10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Yes, the scroll for the DQ bracers. It was just lying on the deck when we were did the scorps right at the beginning, I'm not sure if it was from the Aspect when we killed it, one of the other scorps, a breakable, or blahvine intervention.

Fixed.

Shade
10-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Yes, the scroll for the DQ bracers. It was just lying on the deck when we were did the scorps right at the beginning, I'm not sure if it was from the Aspect when we killed it, one of the other scorps, a breakable, or divine intervention.

Scrolls drop directly from monsters. About a 5% chance, found tons in chains of flame.

Seals come from chests.. Drop rates similar to scrolls, maybe higher.

Shards are yet to be found?

SableShadow
10-15-2009, 11:18 PM
About a 5% chance, found tons in chains of flame.

Our drop rate was ****, or perhaps we hadn't trained our eyes to see the drops.

HeavenlyCloud
10-15-2009, 11:19 PM

Don't deaths by elemental damage (other than electrical) destroy monster drops?

I remember switching from acid to electric when the desert first came out because acid destroyed bronze tokens (a billion years ago when we thought they might be worth something)...no idea if this is still the case.

I was picking everything from the floor using backspace every 5-10 seconds, except the one scroll you got...

SableShadow
10-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I was picking everything from the floor using backspace every 5-10 seconds, except the one scroll you got...

Did you get any scrolls?

Shade
10-16-2009, 05:58 AM

Mmm could be based on monster type. Haven't been to offering yet, maybe lower drop there.

As in our raiyum run, we had seen zero scrolls, with 100+ kills - got to raiyum and were unaware of there existance even - tho later someone mentioned they found one in there pack and didnt know how they got it, so 1 outa 100..
Then in chains we got 5+ scrolls in 100 kills.

Jonny_D
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
maybe drop rate is tied to quests? with the flagging quest having least and the periphery ones that noone would otherwise run (except to get insta kill seals for wiz king guardians)

Jonny_D
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
the other party member joined late and was death the entire quest :D.

it was a tactical death ;)
btw the quest never completed at the end eventhough all objectives were completed. The party even ran back and rezzed me at the end.

SableShadow
10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
it was a tactical death ;)
btw the quest never completed at the end eventhough all objectives were completed. The party even ran back and rezzed me at the end.

Did we remember to pick up the blood? There was that one messy room right at the first shrine...

Jonny_D
10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Did we remember to pick up the blood? There was that one messy room right at the first shrine...

maybe someone else died and dropped the blood?

Junts
10-17-2009, 07:48 PM
maybe drop rate is tied to quests? with the flagging quest having least and the periphery ones that noone would otherwise run (except to get insta kill seals for wiz king guardians)

from the announcement, the sidequests dont have an epic mode.

SableShadow
10-17-2009, 08:04 PM
maybe someone else died and dropped the blood?

Before you joined, we had a wipe at the first shrine (peaked in to see if anything was different), and I think everyone died at least once. Betcha we forgot to pick up the blood again when we fought out way out of there.