PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Velah Ready, Schedule a run?

moomooprincess
09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I would like to schedule a Dragon Run.

PUG is fine. I can open on Hard but if there are first timers, NORMAL is just fine with me.

House K Favor

For those that do not know the RAID
We need two players with STRength.
We need two players with WISdom. I am playing one cleric that can cover this
We need one really good rogue. I do NOT have that in my bard/rogue
Be nice to have DIMENSION Door. My bard does have dimension door.
If you have STRength and a Greater Dragon Bane weapon you are perfect.

If anyone else might be interested in a Velah Dragon RAID just post. I currently have a 12th cleric and a 12th bard/rogue ready to do the quest. I will only run one account for the RAID.

The Bard/rogue would have to be a tag along in the party it plays in because he has no strength, no wisdom, and might or might not be able to do the traps. I know for fact I could not do the traps on ELITE. He does have DIMENSION Door.

Best loot to pull is the Kundarak Boots that gives you Freedom of Movement. The rest of the loot in there is not so great.

cappuccino
09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I have Aflac lvl 12 ranger (w/25 str) who would be happy to assist in making Velah his B........

You are correct the the devling boots are the best thing out of that raid, but there is other loot that would be sweet for some non "32 point twinked out from zerging a new server to lvl 20 in a week" cround.

Namely

Sword of Shadows - nice greatsword..
Kundarak Delving Suit - nice light mith armor
plus chance at +1 tomes

I know for me, there may not be much, but for others, there is some good loot that is good for level.

Maetrim
09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
My lvl 9 cleric "Ordinary" got flagged last night. Would come along if its running at the right time for me (I am in the UK).

Plus its a chance at +2 tomes, or unbound +1.

Oh, and the uber loot has to be the "Crimson necklace of prophesy". Honest.

Ivahoe
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
You are correct the the devling boots are the best thing out of that raid, but there is other loot that would be sweet for some non "32 point twinked out from zerging a new server to lvl 20 in a week" crowd.

Just have to comment on this as it seems to be coming up a lot with people blaming everything/trashtalking on the "powergamers".

After 1 month of server uptime there are a total of 5 non plat farmer level 20s on the server(4 FvS and a Ranger)
Powergaming you could easily cap a toon at 16 in 2 weeks pre Mod 9 on a legacy server. Nowadays with XP boost potions and such 20 in a month isn't even remotely difficult to someone already experienced with content.

The highest 32pt toon(that I am aware of and he was the first to 1750) is level 14

So, unless your words are meant to misinform like a politician talking about health care reform or pronouncements of frustration at not being higher level I find myself flabbergasted at the tone and venom of your statement and others like it.

moomooprincess
09-30-2009, 06:04 PM
The post did not attack power gamers or level 20s. You are reading way too much into the post. Like, you are way off base, a bad pun since the thread was about doing the DRAGON Raid.

All it said is that normal players would find the loot from the dragon raid to be pretty good stuff.

Whereas, players that have 32 point builds on other servers and have done the dragon RAID many times realize that there is much better RAID loot to be found elsewhere.

As for me, any loot I find on Cannith is awesome. But I realize that just about all of it I will replace except for the boots.

Ivahoe, from your post, I take it that you will NOT be doing the dragon raid. Thanks for posting and attempting to hijack the thread though.

cappuccino
09-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Just have to comment on this as it seems to be coming up a lot with people blaming everything/trashtalking on the "powergamers".

*snip*

So, unless your words are meant to misinform like a politician talking about health care reform or pronouncements of frustration at not being higher level I find myself flabbergasted at the tone and venom of your statement and others like it.

/hijack on

I do not blame everything/anything on powergamers. What I was trying to describe is the type of person/player who wouldn't like anything other than the boots from there. Just incase some of the new blood we have seen come to this game saw the OP post and got the wrong idea that only the boots were good raid loot comming out of this raid.

I'm sorry you read it as "venom" as that was not the intention. But thank you for the complement that I should become a politician. I've thought I'd be a great one if I ever took the plunge to seek public office here. But I digress.

Besides, everyone knows everything/anything wrong is Legion's fault :eek::cool:

/hijack off

OP: Nice Pun use! I give it 5 stars and a brocolli :) As you have had a cleric also post in, when would you like to schedule this?

BattleCircle
10-01-2009, 07:11 AM
If I can get Bone flagged in time I would love to join, he is level 10 and meets the strength requirement.

BattleCircle
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Bone is now flagged

gee that was quick ;)

moomooprincess
10-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Can u post a GMT time when you could run?

I will convert it into US time zones.

Glad there are a few people.

Friday, October 2nd is looking good for me during the daytime hours. At this time, I have tomorrow OFF.

Maetrim
10-02-2009, 05:50 AM
I am on typically from around 8pm GMT to as late at 2am in some cases, which I htink is 3pm - 9pm your time?

Now lvl 10 btw.

moomooprincess
10-03-2009, 12:47 PM
GMT 8 PM
EST 3 PM
CSt 2 PM
MST 1 PM
PST Noon

GMT 2 AM
EST 9 PM
CST 8 PM
MST 7 PM
PSt 6 PM

cappuccino
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
OK OP set a time (since Friday past)

So long as my main on this server (aflac) is not too high at 13 I'd be happy again to join

So far the scorecard is: Velah 1, Aflac 0