PDA

View Full Version : Problem with saves.

Tabrias
09-30-2009, 02:11 AM
I have several items equipped that increase my saves, such as this jade ring: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Item:Jade_Ring

Resistance +1: This item offers magical protection in the form of a +1 resistance bonus on all saves.

However when I equip it or any of my other items, the change is not shown on my character page. Is this normal? Are the bonuses still being applied? Is there any way I can check this?

Also, one of the other items (which name eludes me) states that it increases the save against spells.

Also also, can this ring stack?

scidude
09-30-2009, 02:21 AM
I think "saves" and "Saves against all spells" should stack(it won't show up in your status screen even if it does stack). But if you had a +1 to all saves it wouldn't stack with a +1 to reflex save ring. You would only get +1. I'm pretty sure + save vs spells specifically do not show up on your character stats saves. (and they shouldn't, because a lot of saves are not based on spells)

Borror0
09-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Bonuses of the same type don't stack. In this case, if you have more than one source of resistance bonus, only the highest bonus will apply.

Tabrias
09-30-2009, 12:34 PM
So, it won't display in my character page, but that's normal.

And I have two items that give me Resistance +1, and two that give me Will Save +1. If I'm understanding this correctly, I can use 1 of each items, for +1 to fortitude and reflex, and +2 to will?

Visty
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
So, it won't display in my character page, but that's normal.

And I have two items that give me Resistance +1, and two that give me Will Save +1. If I'm understanding this correctly, I can use 1 of each items, for +1 to fortitude and reflex, and +2 to will?

no, cause they dont stack
just take your one resistance +1 which increases all saves by +1

Cleitanious
09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Items generally give "enhancement" bonuses. "Enhancements" bonuses do not stack with other enhancement bonuses.