PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of RP?

Amaile
09-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Just curious if there has been any growth/interest in RP on this server, as it matures. If so, where are good places to find it? I'm not interested in permadeath guilds or the like, just the occasional person to RP with when I'm waiting for my group to form up, or if I have nothing better to do in the evenings.

I've done a little, sitting outside a dungeon with a groupmate, waiting for another to arrive. Other than the occasional person stopping and staring though, no one else has picked it up. Does there tend to be much at all in DDO in general?

I'm an old school pnp-er, so I was hoping to see a little bit around. If you see Smudge, Lillari, or Thrallia around, feel free to say hi!

Thanks guys!

Revord
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Honestly, when I have been on, I havent seen much, usually, the chat is clogged up with help requests and sales pitches in harbor and market, so I guess it would depend on the timing, and also if your doing it in a separate chat. Sometimes, Ill see someone doing some kind of performance, or emote, while waiting for group, but otherwise, nothing to note.

Amaile
09-30-2009, 06:53 PM
That's kind of what I've been noticing too. Hopefully it'll pick up once people have gotten more used to the game, and perhaps a few good examples are set. ;)

If not, well, I'm enough of an alt-aholic type that I'll just roll one on Thelanis.

Thanks for the response. I love your sig by the way!

If you're much of an RP'er, look me up!

cappuccino
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
As has been stated, the general chat is overloaded with advise, trade, lfm/lfg posts (won't get into that here) and other trivial things that attempting to RP there doesn't work.

Suggestion I have is what works on Thelanis, set up a seperate RP userchannel like stormwatch is on Thelanis.

That way, those who are, or would like to RP can do that anywhere, even while inside a dungeon (hopefully there fast typers or soloing so not to slow down the rest of their party)

Just a tip from an Old RP'er

Amaile
10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
As has been stated, the general chat is overloaded with advise, trade, lfm/lfg posts (won't get into that here) and other trivial things that attempting to RP there doesn't work.

Suggestion I have is what works on Thelanis, set up a seperate RP userchannel like stormwatch is on Thelanis.

That way, those who are, or would like to RP can do that anywhere, even while inside a dungeon (hopefully there fast typers or soloing so not to slow down the rest of their party)

Just a tip from an Old RP'er

Good idea. :)

Done and done. The channel wayfinders has been created.

firesnakearies77
10-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I wanna RP.

Cannith roleplayers, unite!

cappuccino
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I wanna RP.

Cannith roleplayers, unite!

I sometime do RP

Cannith dyslexic roleplayers, untie!