PDA

View Full Version : To the brazilian I played with

moomooprincess
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the game.

I am playing on my two accounts, running quests in House P. I am not looknig for anyone to join me as I know the slow pace is NOT what people want.

When I get a tell from a character asking to join.

I type tell the character that I am playing two accounts and that I play slow. Did they still want in?

The response back is "No english."

You are/were a 9th level tank. I think you just learned that you are not that tough.

The language barrier is going to hurt us though. I want to play and show the ropes to other players, but if I cannot communicate then it is a problem.

Well, I did not want to be rude so I invited the player in.

I did type ask in spanish "Habla ingles y habla espanol?" But I received nothing typed back. I heard something and it might have been Portugese. I know the Brazilians are good game players and I figured the player was a Brazilian.

I type to the character what I plan on doing in hopes that something works. I tell them I am going to run Rest for the Restless on Elite then Caged Trolls on elite. No idea if that registered because all he did was follow me around House P.

We get in on Rest for the Restless, I type tell the player to wait there. I also type tell traps and a nasty fire trap.

Maybe they cannot talk but they might be able to read.

Off went the tank getting aggro before I could buff. Oh sweet.

I type TRAP. You had to do the chest trap and then if I did not run the cleric up to cast blade barrier you were toast. I did not want to do that chest because it is bad loot, I was just going to run fast through the quest.

I am doing the valves and getting aggravated because the player is following me and is probably going to die because they are standing in the middle of the spikes.

So, I began to YELL "NO!!!!" I think NO is the same in portugese as it is in spanish. The player did understand that.

Since I am plodding along, moving one character at a time, they finally type, "Go go."

Hmmm, let me think on this one.

I did not ask you to join, you asked me if you could join. I relented so as not to seem rude.

I have two computers, and two hands. There is a nasty fire trap up ahead that if I do not disable I could wipe in it.

I told you I would play slow, but since we could not communicate that did not register.

I type "TRAP" but obviously that is not a word in your langauge.

You ran on into the fire trap taking damage because you did not want to wait for me to fire resist and fire protect you.

You do not have any heal potions, which is another mistake on your part. You should at least be able to self heal if you are going to ZERG.

There you are battling the arcanes, and the skeleton warriors on elite at 25% health. You eventually die.

Then, once I buff up my rogue, I have to come in and drag your stone to the shrine so I am not rude and just leave your stone there.

I tried to type in party chat the strategy numerous times to no avail.

Hopefully you learned something.

I had to remove you from my party after that.

It was not going to work out.

Grushvak
09-29-2009, 04:06 PM
You shouldn't apologize for kicking someone from the group when they (a) sent a request to join without talking to you beforehand, (b) can't communicate in any way or form, (c) do not look out for their own safety and are unable to learn through advice due to the language barrier.

Before I learned English, I only grouped with francophones. It really reduced the amount of people I could play with but, hell, if I can't speak the same language as my teammates, what's the point of playing an online game?

Gleipner
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
You shouldn't apologize for kicking someone from the group when they (a) sent a request to join without talking to you beforehand, (b) can't communicate in any way or form, (c) do not look out for their own safety and are unable to learn through advice due to the language barrier.

What he said, and i only speak drunkish and that works in most situations but sometimes i end up beeing the one beeing sorry ;)

baddax
09-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Welcome to the game.

I am playing on my two accounts, running quests in House P. I am not looknig for anyone to join me as I know the slow pace is NOT what people want.

When I get a tell from a character asking to join.

I type tell the character that I am playing two accounts and that I play slow. Did they still want in?

The response back is "No english."

It was not going to work out.

There shortened that for you.

Strahd-BR
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Please don´t thing that all BR players are like that.

We have a guild of Veteran BR players on Cannith now too, moved from Thelanis (just a few new alters) to help out the new guys that want some help.

The guild name is Wrath Tarashk.

cappuccino
10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Please don´t thing that all BR players are like that.

We have a guild of Veteran BR players on Cannith now too, moved from Thelanis (just a few new alters) to help out the new guys that want some help.

The guild name is Wrath Tarashk.

/QFT

Been running with these guys since original headstart (the original Wrath guild guys that is)

All of them are well experianced players, and where communication can be an issue, they try to make sure at least one member of the party can speak english to translate for their Brazillian brothers.

If I have an LFM up and someone from Wrath hits it, guaranteed he is in no matter what class/toon it is

moomooprincess
10-02-2009, 05:35 AM
I know the Brazilians are excellent game players. I played Age of Mythology with a few and got my hinnie handed to me on about a 95% VICTORY ratio, in their favor.

I was basically posting this in hopes of finding the other player and trying to explain to them what I perceived to be the main problems and my point of view.

I enjoy playing with new players and showing and explaining. But, if a player sends me a TELL asking to join my party, I did NOT have an LFM up, then I expect that player to

1) Listen
2) Go at my pace

If I join an LFM and I know that I cannot zerg it, I do not force the issues. I am a team player.

If I am going to zerg, you can bet I have heal or repair potions.

I welcome new players and I am more than willing to go slow and explain.

Kistilan
10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Shout'n out to Brazil -- I love portugese! Start speak'n with your body like all those funk dancers and make us tink the bad ting! Curves don't stop -- drop rock n roll!

(Three for Three! Cannith is the up & coming server by far!)

darksol23
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
(Three for Three! Cannith is the up & coming server by far!) Only because us ex-Khyberians brought a small fraction of the Khyberian drama over with us :D

But just so this isn't a 100% Khyberian trolling post... I have the say the guys I've played with in Wrath Tarashk have been very good players. And as someone mentioned there was one person in the group that would translate back and forth between languages. I really appreciated that, as I think at one point I was the only "native" english speaker in the group. Great group of players!

Strahd-BR
10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
I think he was talking about the other BR guild on the server... Wrath is open to good players, not just Brazilians.

And every Brazilian on Wrath Tharashk knows english. I make sure of that before i invite.

cappuccino
10-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I think he was talking about the other BR guild on the server... Wrath is open to good players, not just Brazilians.

And every Brazilian on Wrath Tharashk knows english. I make sure of that before i invite.

Wrath is open ot all good players?

Guess that counts me out.....

Maybe I should put Noobalicious in Wrath :cool: