PDA

View Full Version : No way to subscribe thru DDO store

Nevernew
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Just wanted to share my frustration on trying to actually subscribe to this game. Firstly, there was no visible way to subscribe through the DDO store interface, in fact I saw nothing of subscribing anywhere.

So I logged into my account but I couldn't because I didn't have an purchase code (free player at the time). Again, no where was there an easy option to simply subscribe to the game. Eventually I somehow managed to create an account and after trial and error found the way to subscribe.

I was so frustrated trying to give you guys money with my subscription that I nearly gave up. There needs to be a very easy, user friendly way to do this.

Jardian
10-01-2009, 06:57 AM
The reason you cant buy a VIP fromt he DDo store is because F2P account can earn points and use them in the store. If they placed it in the store people could get a VIP with no cash needed. And sorry they need the cash to run the server so deal witht eh fact you have to log into the Turbine site to get it.

Shazzie
10-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Very true, Jardian, that you don't want subscriptions purchased with points, but that doesn't mean there can't be at the very least a link to the appropriate subscription page in the Store. A link found on the Store doesn't mean anything found via that link will be purchased with points- you do have to spend real money to get points in the first place, after all, so the same would be true about subscriptions. Either done via the Account page in the Store, or perhaps a 'Subscribe now?' button or link, which would take you away from the Store, to the regular myaccount.turbine subscription page and let you go from there.

Nevernew
10-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't mean paying for the subscription with DDO store points. Simply an easy way for F2P people to get to wherever they need to be to subscribe to the game. When I tried, I was almost so frustrated that I didn't go through with it. This should be fixed.

It's a massive pain to try to subscribe to the game if you didn't purchase the box in store. Going forward, very few people will be able to have physical box they bought from the store, so they should update the subscription site to reflect that many of the new people trying to subscribe will be F2P players. It shouldn't be difficult to sign up.

Tarrant
10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Interesting idea, I'll be sure to pass it along.

In the meantime, you can subscribe from http://myaccount.turbine.com.

Thanks for playing!

OGRastamon
01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
The reason you cant buy a VIP fromt he DDo store is because F2P account can earn points and use them in the store. If they placed it in the store people could get a VIP with no cash needed. And sorry they need the cash to run the server so deal witht eh fact you have to log into the Turbine site to get it.

You're ridiculous. The interface for purchasing points could easily be used to purchase an account. You can't purchase an account with Turbine points any more than you can purchase points with Bazooka wrappers so deal with the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.