PDA

View Full Version : Cannith's First Official Shout-Out Thread

Kistilan
09-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Hey Cappa!

If I suddenly stopped talking to you, I think my third glass of absinthe took me out in a big way. I woke up spread eagle on my bed several hours later. Sorry bro! :o Catch you later! ;) :p

cappuccino
09-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey Cappa!

If I suddenly stopped talking to you, I think my third glass of absinthe took me out in a big way. I woke up spread eagle on my bed several hours later. Sorry bro! :o Catch you later! ;) :p

I warned you about that!

Mind you the image of ya spread eagle.........*shudder*

Damn now I need to call my therapist (1-866-Mal bec1) to plan for a case lot cure :cool:

Grushvak
09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Absinthe? We got some classy gentlemen here, folks.

Passing out while playing a MMO is just as classy, no sarcasm. But then again, I may only be saying this because it's happened to me a few times as well.

proteininja
09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
*** is the point of this thread?

cappuccino
09-30-2009, 09:40 AM

Ummmm There had to be a point to the thread?

*quickly searched the EULA...........

Nope, random thread making shout outs to players is quite exceptable.

And this one funny if you think about why it was needed in the first place.

And Grushvak - I'll try to ween him from it and put him into a better class drink. After all, this wino only accepts other wino's as his guild leader :)

Kistilan
09-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Well, if you must know the history of shout-out threads....

Shout-Out Threads are the most useless threads in DDO because 50% of them are to people that may or may not even view the forums. They generally are stated: To The Group I Was With in Threnal Last Night.

The content typically involved drunken errata, ill-fated disconnections, computers blowing up, houses burning (and one time someone was even arrested and it was heard on voice chat). Most are not as serious, but those vigilantes that manage to make it back to a terminal and post their "apologetic shout out" are the culprits of this ingenious thread type.

Furthermore, I hadn't seen one on Cannith yet. Therefore, as it was the first traditional shout-out, I labelled it thusly. This had been a tradition on the DDO Forums for 3+ years. Often we hijack threads when one person randomly apologizes to a random group of individuals by including our own witty comments (or shout-outs). It varies on your classy personality & style, but one thing is assured in these threads -- nothing useful ever is attained by reading them.

You can have 2 mins of your life back starting....

now.

Grushvak
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Shout-out threads are the best kind of threads. They serve no purpose whatsoever so they always end up getting derailed and going into directions no sane person would have expected.

Kistilan
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Shout-out threads are the best kind of threads. They serve no purpose whatsoever so they always end up getting derailed and going into directions no sane person would have expected.

/qft

And have I shown you where this closet leads? *opens the door and invites you in* I promise the end reward is worth the wait... :rolleyes:

cappuccino
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey Cappa!

*snip* I woke up spread eagle on my bed .....

*snip*

And have I shown you where this closet leads?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek:

Step away from the Absinthe.....the visualizations could land you with a spot on the Stormreach show "Queer Eye for the Straight Rogue" :D

Grushvak
10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm going to slowly step away from this thread and forget any of this ever happened. Slooooooooowly.

Kistilan
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek:

Step away from the Absinthe.....the visualizations could land you with a spot on the Stormreach show "Queer Eye for the Straight Rogue" :D

I'm going to slowly step away from this thread and forget any of this ever happened. Slooooooooowly.

*coughs* :cool: I was referring to a real closet being a place no sane person would wait for an end reward... ie "a trap to waste time." I seeeeeeee what you both meant, and you both have corrupt minds. This shout-out thread has officially made me look like Hannibal Lector with a Jeffery D twist. Thanks Cappa & Grush -- derailment achieved! :o

cappuccino
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Getting back on topic.

Shout out's are #2 of the best threads ever

The King is and always will be "The Hate Thread"

Gawd I miss those

Kistilan
10-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Getting back on topic.

Shout out's are #2 of the best threads ever

Gawd I miss those

Oh no... You're a Xorian!?!?! :eek:

PS: I was on Thelanis the other day and had been expelled from The Order of the Sword & Rose (sad day!) and almost sent Attacks the Darkness a blind guild join quest for SnGs. I didn't realize that was one of the guilds you're in on the home front! *L*

cappuccino
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh no... You're a Xorian!?!?! :eek:

PS: I was on Thelanis the other day and had been expelled from The Order of the Sword & Rose (sad day!) and almost sent Attacks the Darkness a blind guild join quest for SnGs. I didn't realize that was one of the guilds you're in on the home front! *L*

LOL

I'm not an Xorian (but I play one on TV)

LOL on the blind request to ATD....yea don't be messin' with my homies :cool:

Memnir
10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Hello me... Meet the real me

And my misfits way of life

A dark black past is my
Most valued possession
Hindsight is always 20-20,
But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy
Speak of mutually assured destruction?

:D

cappuccino
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Ymm Memnir..

3 words

Wheres the pic :eek:

Memnir
10-02-2009, 02:51 AM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/guineapigsnom.gif

Kistilan
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
So you're the guy that makes the servers stop working... :cool:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/guineapigsnom.gif

Memnir
10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
That is now a thing of the past!
See, that grass is laced with cocaine, meth, and some kind of hallucination. These lill guys are gonna be perpetual motion!!! :D

Grushvak
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM

Gawd I miss those

Oh lord yes. I got at least two people to pay for character transfers off my WoW server because I ridiculed them too much on the forums.

Before someone calls me a jerk, I'd like to mention that these guys were griefers and gankers with a god complex. Not to say that I'm not a jerk though, because I totally am.

Serosha
10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Special shout out to all the nerd ragers who fail and drop group, welcome to squelch and good luck with ur experience here in DDO!

cappuccino
10-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh lord yes. I got at least two people to pay for character transfers off my WoW server because I ridiculed them too much on the forums.

Before someone calls me a jerk, I'd like to mention that these guys were griefers and gankers with a god complex. Not to say that I'm not a jerk though, because I totally am.

You maybe missed the original "hate" threads, but your example is not one of them :eek:

Special shout out to all the nerd ragers who fail and drop group, welcome to squelch and good luck with ur experience here in DDO!

That is just normal frustration for some vets after a group fails something (that doesn't take too much time like a raid group) For them, better to drop than rag all over what went wrong during such wipe.

PS welcome to DDO (or at least the forums) hope to see you on Cannith. look me up :cool:

Kistilan
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM

<3

I love your shout out.

Memnir
10-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Special shout out to all the nerd ragers who fail and drop group, welcome to squelch and good luck with ur experience here in DDO!RAAAAAAR!!! Group make NerdHulk angry!!!!

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/pyzamrealhulk-1.jpg

NerdHulk quit group now! NerdHulk hate all of yo(squelch)...

cappuccino
10-03-2009, 09:42 PM
RAAAAAAR!!! Group make NerdHulk angry!!!!

Nice brother....would rep ya but can't.....

so till they add this +1 Brocolli !!!!!!!!!!1!!! :cool:

ToyVIP
10-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Cappa and Kist, you so realise that sooner or later those men with the white jackets WILL find you...

Kistilan
10-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Cappa and Kist, you so realise that sooner or later those men with the white jackets WILL find you...

Time to drink all the absinthe before they DO find us!!!! :eek: Bottoms Up!

Kistilan
10-04-2009, 01:07 AM
RAAAAAAR!!! Group make NerdHulk angry!!!!

Is that a Dream Catcher in the background??? :eek:

I believe you found the Dream Smasher. And it is a woman. All men know the truth now and we've been correct in our assumption for quite some time. :cool:

cappuccino
10-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Nooo! not till I finish my PIG http://www.wildrosebrewery.com/party-pig/mini-keg.html

Grushvak
10-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Nooo! not till I finish my PIG http://www.wildrosebrewery.com/party-pig/mini-keg.html

That looks classy. I wish all beers came in PIGs.

ToyVIP
10-04-2009, 07:52 PM

be better with some classy old jack or jim instead of beer... :p

cappuccino
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
That looks classy. I wish all beers came in PIGs.

Yea they did hit a winner with the design. The best part is there all named, so right now there is an oatmeal stout pig named "Paloma"

Hmmm going to need to adopt another one soon :eek:

Serosha
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
That is just normal frustration for some vets after a group fails something (that doesn't take too much time like a raid group) For them, better to drop than rag all over what went wrong during such wipe.

PS welcome to DDO (or at least the forums) hope to see you on Cannith. look me up :cool:
if normal vets run into a floor they know is gonna fall out, take falling dmg and die to elite poo gas then no sir I don't like it..

ty, and it is to both..