PDA

View Full Version : Buying points as gifts

Yavool
09-26-2009, 04:18 PM
hi all,

is there a way to gift/buy another person points? i was thinking that it would be a fun gift idea for a guildie or friend and was thinking ahead for the holiday season :)

-yav

Namarbez
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
That would be very cool!

I have no idea if you can though but it shouldn't be too difficult for turbine to do

Bardolier
09-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I'd love to see this implemented as well. It would be especially helpful if people could buy points for others without having to go through the game client.

Another option is to buy stuff directly from the store (gear, potions, etc.) and have it "delivered" via the mail system. Maybe in a nice gift box. :-)

The virtual gift market is huge -- there's a real opportunity here...

Jardian
10-01-2009, 06:59 AM
No you cant gift Points that leads to things we dont need in this game so dont expect it to happen since most free to play games now have learned and dont even allow the tradeing of Store game items now.

Anton27
10-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I like the idea of purchasing points as a gift for someone. I was looking for something like that once but so far there isn't that option.

Acamas
10-02-2009, 07:39 AM
I would definatly do this. cheeper than buying a guest pass in the long run.

lexinator
10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
That would be very cool!

I have no idea if you can though but it shouldn't be too difficult for turbine to do

I would LOVE to see this happen.
I bought a ton of points and have some left over after buying up all the content, lol.

If I could give these points to my friends, it would save them a few bucks and stop them from wasting away in my account.

Yavool
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I would LOVE to see this happen.
I bought a ton of points and have some left over after buying up all the content, lol.

If I could give these points to my friends, it would save them a few bucks and stop them from wasting away in my account.

ohh, that's an interesting point i hadn't thought of! i was thinking more of "purchasing new points for someone from the ddo store" but transferring points might be nice too. i know a transfer wouldn't give turbine any additional revenue...but it would be a nice way to gift points: buy points on my account and then send them to someone else's account. good idea!

-yav

deadmanet
10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I like the idea of purchasing points as a gift for someone. I was looking for something like that once but so far there isn't that option.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181819

Maybe not quite what you guys are thinking, but it can be done.

Drwaz99
10-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I can understand why they don't allow this as third party companies could easily take advantage of this. But I think you could easily manage this by limiting the amount of points you can purchase for someone else.

For example I would love to buy Major Mneu. Pots for the clerics in ToD. Maybe make Potions not bound to account or limit the points available to purchase for others at say, 250/week per account (or even make it a VIP benefit).

Hopefully they figure this out as I think it would greatly help bump sales and I'm all for more money for Turbine.