PDA

View Full Version : DA in POP

ssgtkeats
09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Dungeon alert in the last part of PoP is senseless, the mobs despawn but keep agro on you thus raising your dungeon alert with a quickness making the main guys AC go up with nothing you can do about it. A group of with no caster will have a very hard time completing this quest.

Adamidozz
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately the statement presented above is very true. The bug was reported back in Lammannia's beta stage, but I have not yet leveled to level, say, 13 to check it. But the same bug appeared and the last Quori Warforged was too tough, I've had many party wipes thanks to this.

Robi3.0
09-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Did your DA ever go over green. I just finished that quest and we did get green during the last part, but green doesn't have an effect on the quest it is just a warning.

If for some reason you have been going into yellow or above then there might be a problem.

MrCow
09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
The last time I did Prison of the Planes, the end room, after about 8 phases, got to Red Alert (as the folks I was with didn't have any good means to quickly down the phased in critters). At that point it becomes very hard to hit bosses, and thus the end fight turned into a chaotic frenzy of grazing hits, speedy critters, and molasses run speed.

That boss fight can easily get out of control in its current condition.

adamkatt
09-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Ok DA needs to go the way of the dodo..... It had a nice visit, but i think its wore out its welcome....

TheJusticar
09-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Last week was running PoP leet for favor clean up and everything went very smooth. Come last guy the usual setup ... caster lights the room on fire/nuking, tanks shield, cleric heals, etc. We got red-skulled after the third or fourth wave. The quory was impossible to hit and he pretty much one-shot both the caster and the cleric (does his DR increase also?). Soon thereafter we wiped. A few of us were sorta disheartened because of the darn DA so we didn't even bother coming back for a second go.

Dungeon Alert, you're on notice!

Godspeed.

BlackSteel
09-26-2009, 08:47 PM
ran it last night and didnt even have green show up during the last fight.

Spookyaction
09-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Its great all you leets arent getting red DA but you are missing the point. When the spawns blink out there aggro needs to go too. So please no more about how you can do it without the red alert cause we know its possible thanks to all those who already stated so.

Impaqt
09-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Seems to me the point is that theres a bug in PoP that causes mobs that disapeared to retain aggo and thus creating a false Dungeon Alert.

THe DA system isnt broke because of this. PoP is broke due to Dungeon Alert.

File the Bug report. Hopefully it'll get fixed inthe next update/patch.

Velexia
09-26-2009, 09:40 PM
At level or below on normal is basically impossible. My ranger with +62 to hit at the highest was only getting grazing hits once it got to red alert. The Dm suggested "kill all of the enemies as they appear" ... Which made me wonder if he'd ever even done that quest before =)

redoubt
09-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Seems to me the point is that theres a bug in PoP that causes mobs that disapeared to retain aggo and thus creating a false Dungeon Alert.

THe DA system isnt broke because of this. PoP is broke due to Dungeon Alert.

File the Bug report. Hopefully it'll get fixed inthe next update/patch.

Chicken or the Egg?

Pop was not broken before the dungeon alert. Pop is broken now. So it is an easy path to say that Pop is broke due to Dungeon Alert.

It is also easy to say that if the DA system was not implemented then pop would not be broken. Therefore, the DA system is broken.

At any rate, the devs have said that the DA system is tweaked at a per dungeon level. So...

Devs, please turn off the DA for PoP.

Thank you! :D

TheJusticar
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Its great all you leets arent getting red DA but you are missing the point. When the spawns blink out there aggro needs to go too. So please no more about how you can do it without the red alert cause we know its possible thanks to all those who already stated so.

A completely vacuous argument. Has nothing to do with elitism. It has to do with broken game mechanics -- not unlike sometimes not rezzing automatically in part 5 of the Shroud and the GM can't do anything about it. It has to do with pashing mobs retaining aggro even though they're not there anymore. That end room was designed to phase in and out mobs from different planes (Hence Prison of the Planes name). You don't have time to kill all the mobs that spawn. Sometimes the Quori "summons" Shavarath mobs then two seconds later he "summons" Risia and so on. Dungeon Alert broke that quest -- no two ways about it.

Godspeed.