PDA

View Full Version : Improve First Person View

Visty
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
ok, the current version of the first person view is only good for making pictures

please make it a real first person view:
- show the weapons just like the camera would sit right infront of our face (which first person view actually is). its silly to swing at things and see them die but not with what you killed them
- if you tumble and roll around, make the view roll too

esp with the shown weapon i think you can get a bunch of FPSlers into the game and it would make first person view to something else then just a way to make pictures

Angelus_dead
09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
- if you tumble and roll around, make the view roll too
That doesn't really work out. Give it a try in some FPS game that includes tumbling moves.

Borror0
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
That doesn't really work out. Give it a try in some FPS game that includes tumbling moves.
Well, it works out well in Mirror's Edge but the game is incredibly different from DDO...

Stormanne
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
ok, the current version of the first person view is only good for making picturesagree

please make it a real first person view:
- show the weapons just like the camera would sit right infront of our face (which first person view actually is). its silly to swing at things and see them die but not with what you killed themabsolutely agree
- if you tumble and roll around, make the view roll tooummm, for some of the weaker constitution players, may need a barf bag

esp with the shown weapon i think you can get a bunch of FPSlers into the game and it would make first person view to something else then just a way to make pictures

Answers in red

Angelus_dead
09-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Well, it works out well in Mirror's Edge but the game is incredibly different from DDO...
I wouldn't quite call that "FPS", because shooting isn't so much a core part of the gameplay. Yes, you have to shoot a lot, but that's not the central mechanic. (In fact, there have been many complaints that it requires too much shooting)

Slorgs
09-25-2009, 08:55 PM
The guns, and possibly a flamethrower as well.

Borror0
09-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't quite call that "FPS", because shooting isn't so much a core part of the gameplay. Yes, you have to shoot a lot, but that's not the central mechanic. (In fact, there have been many complaints that it requires too much shooting)
I don't disagree. The reason it worked in Mirror's edge is because it's a platformer about parkour where combat takes a backseat.

Argon
09-25-2009, 09:09 PM
If you made the camera move when you tumbled, it would mean moving when monks attack and that would just get annoying, not seeing your enemy half the time and all.

sunkenfaith
09-26-2009, 12:20 AM
agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visty
09-26-2009, 02:15 AM

that might not really work, true, but it would be still cool :p

the more important point is the weapon one ofc