PDA

View Full Version : Sunder, trip, etc.

KillEveryone
09-25-2009, 05:50 AM
I am wondering if certain or all feats are able to work at the same time as another. I think this is stacking. I push the sunder and trip at the same time when I start to swing my mace. Some times trip works, I see the critter I'm trying to kill fall, I'm not sure if sunder is doing anyting but I figure hey, got it so might as well as use it.

Also, does the blue orb above the head mean that the save throw was successful or a fail? I see one appear sometimes, I know it is not from a cast since there are no casters around, so I figure it is saving throw, probably. Not really sure.

On a side note...thanks for all those that have answered my questions. I look through the forums about as much as I play. There is so much info, looking it all up at once is a daunting task.

Trillea
09-25-2009, 05:53 AM
I am wondering if certain or all feats are able to work at the same time as another. I think this is stacking. I push the sunder and trip at the same time when I start to swing my mace. Some times trip works, I see the critter I'm trying to kill fall, I'm not sure if sunder is doing anyting but I figure hey, got it so might as well as use it.

Also, does the blue orb above the head mean that the save throw was successful or a fail? I see one appear sometimes, I know it is not from a cast since there are no casters around, so I figure it is saving throw, probably. Not really sure.

On a side note...thanks for all those that have answered my questions. I look through the forums about as much as I play. There is so much info, looking it all up at once is a daunting task.

No they do not work at the same time. One will override the other. The blue hexagon is a save, as you have deduced. Your best bet for multiple combat feats is to use them on successive swings.

BrujahBlood
09-25-2009, 06:34 AM
I would always use sunder first to lower enemy AC. Then Trip or Stunning Blow or whatever will have bigger chance to hit him if sunder worked. Ofcourse DC for saving throw will stay the same.